So I guess now that Christmas is over and we're coming up to yet another year it's time to start talking about New Years Resolutions. Did you make resolutions last year? Did you keep them? Will you do it again?
I made a few resolutions last year and I think I did OK with them.
1) Figure out what I want to do with my life and get started on doing it. It might be opening up that comic shop I've been talking about or going back to uni. Either way I'm sick of being completely at a loss of where my life is going at 24 years old.
Done! I went back to uni, got really good marks and have lined up a job with a social work agency helping people who are on outpatient care.
2) Continue to lose weight and get fit or whatever.
Kind of done! I joined a new gym and have increased my strength and fitness levels but I'm still pretty overweight and unfit.
3) Quit smoking.
Done. Quit smoking in March and I've never looked back oh yeah.
4) Get my band's album recorded and released.
Nope! Failed. We just haven't been organised enough to do this.
5) Learn Mandarin (again).
Complete failure. Not only did I make no attempt to even look into this, I forgot this resolution as soon as I got into uni at the beginning of the year.
Imma call that 3/5 so I think I did pretty well for the second year I've actually made any resolutions at all.
1. Get working in the mental health field.
2. Get accepted into a Masters of Clinical Psychology course
3. Keep going to the gym three times a week but actually lose weight - this means focusing on my diet. Eat less, eat well. Get healthy.
4. Record an album or EP or fucking something, god!
5. Finish my sleeves.
6. Get to work on more tattoos - either my back (Legend of Zelda), leg-sleeves (Batman), or if I lose enough weight and get a more or less flat tummy, a big dead tree running up my stomach and chest.
Oh hey, here
is a link to the last New Years Resolutions thread if you need a reminder of how badly you failed to live up to your expectations this year. Not many people from back then still wander this part of the internet but maybe.