THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I tell the ASP.NET Silverlight Application Type?  (Read 2833 times)

xarzu

How do I tell the ASP.NET Silverlight Application Type?

In Visual Studio 2010, whenever you create a new Silverlight application, you have a few choices to make. If you click on the check box to "Host the Silverlight application in a new Web Site", you can either create the new web project as a "ASP.NET Web Application Project" or you can create it as an "ASP.NET Web Site".

Now, there is some discussion on the internet as to which project type is best suited for which purpose. But this is not what I am asking here. I have inherited a project and I want to know what time I have been given. What sort of tell-tale signs can I look for that will tell me what sort of type I have?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: How do I tell the ASP.NET Silverlight Application Type?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2012, 16:27 »

Although there are a couple of programmers who post here, I have no idea whether they know anything about Silverlight (I don't).  Googling "Silverlight programming forum" gets some useful looking hits pointing at places which will be more likely to give you help on this.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

IrrationalPie

• Obscure cultural reference
Re: How do I tell the ASP.NET Silverlight Application Type?
« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2012, 11:15 »

You'll probably want to go with Web Application.

The main difference is that the Web App project compiles the entire app at one time.

If you want to edit everything on a page-per-page basis, you may want to go with Web Page, however, you'll end up with several .dll files.  It also allows you to fix a change on one page without building the entire site.

Pages: [1]   Go Up