Fun Stuff > ENJOY

Whats your favorite webcomic and why?

<< < (17/47) > >>

Sean C:

--- Quote from: josefino on 04 Dec 2006, 07:14 ---
3. Tim Buckley's Ctrl+Alt+Del

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/

Tim "Absath" Buckley makes such great game comics, it's always a good laugh. He's a great guy.

--- End quote ---

May I refer you to this - http://www.hockeyzombie.com/

Tim Buckley is NOT a great guy. He is a nasty little prick.
Okay, here's the Tim Buckley lesson for today, just so you can all learn why the webcomics world hates the man.

Let's start with the RoMicide incident. Tim befriended a 16 or 17 year old girl online and tried to form a relationship with her anyway. Several people pointed out that she was underage, but Buckley sent naked pictures of himself to her. He propostitioned a minor, but was never caught by the law for it. Some members of the RoM subforum at CAD began discussing the incident, and some called bullshit on Tim for his behavior. The thread was deleted; anyone who posted in the thread, or even read the thread, was perma-banned from the forums. The RoM forum was shut down after that in a massive purge of nearly 1/3 of the forum members.

Next up is the WoW guild. Tim formed a guild on World of Warcraft, but eventually left the guild, and left it in the hands of the other leaders. A month after he quit, he logs on, supposedly drunk, and proceeds to go on an obscenity laced rant and banned EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE CLAN, killing the organization in a half-hour, and leaving those members up shit's creek. (The PvP guild took a lot of them in after that.) Now it's a bannable offense to even discuss WoW or that incident in the CAD forums.

Now we get to the OTHER gaming incident, the Battlefield one. Tim asked for money from his forum members to get a CAD server for BF2. After a brief time, he suddenly up and quits that game, (rumor is he sucked and got sick of it) and just takes the money before it was used to pay for another month/whatever time period. He shut down that server; nobody could play on it. He never paid back the money he took - he just basically screwed those people.

Now we come to the Kris Straub letter. Tim went on a rant about Webcomics Appreciation Day (nowhere near the date of the event) and said it was just a bunch of bullshit. Kris Straub, who does Checkerboard Nightmare and Starslip Crisis, wrote Tim an e-mail that explained that while Tim may not have liked the idea, a lot of artists saw it as just that little bit of recognition for their efforts. (I've seen the letter, it was very nice and polite.) Tim responded by telling Straub to "go back to blowing Kurtz", and that "I get more e-mail in one day than you get in a year." The way the response was written, it seemed to imply that Tim thought success was measured by e-mail, and he showed such utter disrespect and contempt for Straub - the rudeness level was easily a ten; it's known within the webcomics world that Tim just doesn't give the slightest shit about other comics - that's fine, but he openly bashes and disrespects pretty much any other comicker that approaches him, spouting off on how much more successful he is and whatnot. He's just plain mean.

He also does not respect his forum members. As long as they're kissing his ass, he's fine with it, but when someone offers some constructive critisism, that individual will have the thread locked, and will likely be banned for trolling. Tim literally CANNOT take critisism of any kind; he sees his success as the only justification for putting out a formulaic, chronic-cut-paste comic that just keeps recycling the same jokes over and over again. (Just read it for awhile, folks, it used to be good, but now it's the internet's Garfield - successful but not entertaining.) Tim has shown open, nasty contempt for anyone that so much as suggests he do, well, anything, really.

People don't like Tim Buckely because he's a moody, disrespectful jerk who treats other people as if they were beneath him. He took money from his forum-goers and denied them the service they were paying for. He's exposed himself to and propositioned a minor. And I've never heard of him donating to any charity.

So there you have it. This is why Tim Buckley is the most hated man in webcomics. It took a lot, but HE EARNED that title.

fashionablenerdgrl:
::cries::

how do you know this? i want resources. ctrl alt delete happens to be one of my favorite comics, but i am openminded to the fact that Tim Buckley might be a pompous ass.

I want evidence to support that...if you please :D

thank you

mediocrefashion:
comedy wise, my favorites are: QC, Something Positive, Least I could Do, and Brinkerhoff.
drama wise, my favorite is seamonster by nathan castle.

Sean C:

--- Quote from: fashionablenerdgrl on 13 Dec 2006, 11:57 ---::cries::

how do you know this? i want resources. ctrl alt delete happens to be one of my favorite comics, but i am openminded to the fact that Tim Buckley might be a pompous ass.

I want evidence to support that...if you please :D

thank you

--- End quote ---

The Hockey Zombie forums are populated by A LOT of ex-CADers, including some ex-mods who were purged for going against Tim over the nude pictures incident. They can tell you all the details there, if you ask. The link I put up is for Hockey Zombie, so just jump to the forums. The incidents where Tim shut down the server, taking that money - and where he drunkenly disbanded the guild is all pretty common knowledge - it's a bannable offense if you even discuss those incidents on the fourms. You can also just ask Kris Straub about the letter; he posted a copy of it somewhere in the Blank Label's forums, but I'm sure he still has it saved and would be happy to show you. As for the disrespect towards fans, just watch the fourms and Tim's newsposts. He takes cheap shots, it's his policy to ban ANYONE who even critisizes his comic a little bit, and he tends to act like an ass if you e-mail him with any suggestions/constructive critisisms. This is assuming he actually responds. Just observe his behavior there.

ThePQ4:

--- Quote from: tomselleck69 on 13 Dec 2006, 01:27 ---that's nothing compared to having a MOTHER that is a librarian.
game set point match win terminology whatever

--- End quote ---

...Concidering my Mom works in a Wal*Mart Deli as a manager... I guess that's handier if you like books.  :-P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version