THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 09:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: yay, photography! (thumbnails or links only, pls.)  (Read 224057 times)

elcapitan

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: yay, photography! (thumbnails or links only, pls.)
« Reply #50 on: 22 Jan 2009, 22:22 »

Want to see something that'll break your heart? I don't usually take pictures of people living in poverty, but I saw this today and I had to take out the camera and capture it. I mean, I've been here for months but I still can't get close to the blithe ignorance Indians show to, say, a pair of ragged street kids sleeping in the middle of an intersection.

I moved them off the street and gave them a couple of rupees for food (the girl in particular looked like she was starving), but I couldn't do anything more. I hated that feeling so much I felt sick.

And this is a country that has the balls to tell the West, hey, maybe you shouldn't be discussing our problems (i.e. the ruckus surrounding Slumdog Millionaire/Crorepati).

chma

« Reply #51 on: 28 Jan 2009, 07:32 »

That's some heavy photos, elcapitan

elcapitan

« Reply #52 on: 29 Jan 2009, 23:20 »

Aren't they just. Jeans, that's an interesting angle, what is it? A shot tower, or just an old chimney?

Oh well, here's some slightly happier ones. These are all natural-light portraits from a couple of small villages in Kutch (far western India, closer to Karachi than to Delhi). They're part of a set on Flickr, which you're more than welcome to check out.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #53 on: 30 Jan 2009, 08:33 »

That last man has excellent hair.  You have a real flair for portraiture, Cap.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #54 on: 30 Jan 2009, 15:07 »

God I love all your photos from India. I love pictures like that, I really want to travel to India actually! It is on my list!

So I am not really a good photographer, but I saw some really interesting dogs on the way home and am kinda proud of the results

The dog with the different colour eyes was what struck me about them. His eyes were really just that piercing. Maybe it was the light reflecting off the snow, but I have never seen such eyes. I tried not to really edit them much except for some cropping, and some desaturation in the last one.

King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

youthcant

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Bigfoot is a very lonely fellow.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #56 on: 03 Feb 2009, 13:08 »

Drill King (sorry, forgot your name), that first shot of the dog with different colored eyes is awesome. i love pictures of animals!

and to the person above me: wow! those are really cool! love the birds.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

el_loco_avs

• Furry furrier
« Reply #57 on: 05 Feb 2009, 10:03 »

http://jarnass.deviantart.com/art/Coney-Island-Low-47251142

Can't figure out how to post deviantart links properly :(

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
Get off my land

parm

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #59 on: 09 Feb 2009, 06:18 »

So, it snowed in Cambridge:

You've got spunk and balls, Jen. And I like that in a woman.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #60 on: 09 Feb 2009, 15:04 »

I've started uploading photos now, I'll add more later. Some day I hope to take good photos!

zerobar

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #61 on: 10 Feb 2009, 20:34 »

I spotted a Chris Farley lookalike in Potsdam. This statue is on the front of King Fredrick the Great New Palace at his summer Residence.

elcapitan

« Reply #62 on: 10 Feb 2009, 23:10 »

Here's a picture of me in front of my guesthouse, wearing full Indian riding safety gear!

And here are some random photos from Vanakbara, a small fishing village in Diu:

elcapitan

« Reply #63 on: 13 Feb 2009, 03:33 »

Here's a photo that took a whoooole lot more effort to produce than is immediately apparent. It's a panorama of an old Portuguese fort, again on Diu:

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #65 on: 14 Feb 2009, 11:43 »

I really like those landscape pics. It makes me think of the american midwest and all the little villages spaced out over there [is this where the pics were taken? sorry if it wasn't but i think its the greyscale that makes it seem that way] that all the novelists and songwriters write about. It just seems different enough from the open lands we get in the UK to seem to have that eerie mystique about it.  :-)
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Be My Head

« Reply #66 on: 14 Feb 2009, 12:05 »

Southern Ontario (Canada)

If I get the chance I suppose I might look for other things around here that I can photograph in the same dreary/depressing style.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #67 on: 14 Feb 2009, 13:06 »

Oops, bit of a way off there. I do like the greyscale photography though, very artistic.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

elcapitan

« Reply #68 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:36 »

Be My Head, I like your shots, but I think they could do with a little more contrast and attention to colour. It looks like you've just opened them in Photoshop or Lightroom and changed the colour mode to "Greyscale" - I don't know if you've done any proper B&W stuff, but as counter-intuitive as it sounds, the colour balance is actually really important.

(Unless maybe you deliberately went for that dreamscape low-contrast feel, in which case I take it all back.) :)

Anyway, here are some shots from Mumbai. Specifically, they're from Dharavi, the biggest slum in Asia (and incidentally, the focal point of the action in Slumdog Millionaire, although I'd been planning a visit well before the movie was released). This place is intense; 1.7 square kilometres, with a population somewhere between 600,000 and a million people. Despite the fact that they have almost no toilets and daily queues for water, the residents are some of the nicest, most welcoming people I met in Mumbai - but it's still a pretty unsettling place to walk around.

The shots themselves are well below my usual standard, but I like them for what they portray. The light was unworkable in most places in Dharavi, and I would have given my right testicle for a decent off-camera flash. (Also, I'd had more than a couple of beers with some Jogeshwari locals before I went there.) But still...

« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2009, 06:38 by elcapitan »

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #69 on: 23 Feb 2009, 23:20 »

elcapitan, your work is absolutely wonderful. Vivid, poignant, and an inspiration to me as an amateur photographer.

Thank you.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

elcapitan

« Reply #70 on: 25 Feb 2009, 15:14 »

No, thank you! I'm really glad that you like the shots.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #71 on: 27 Feb 2009, 11:12 »

I don't suppose you could point me to a resource from which I could begin to learn technique and artistry? I'm hoping to take an introductory photo course at SVA (the School of Visual Arts here in New York) over the summer, and go on to a BFA from the same place, but at the moment all I have are a DSLR and ambition.

As well, just how big a difference does gear (and more importantly the cost of gear) make? Is it at all possible for someone to take shots like the ones you posted above with consumer-grade lenses? What is the balance between artistry and incredible equipment when it comes to digital shooting in particular?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #72 on: 27 Feb 2009, 15:09 »

that's an excellent analogy.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Neebin

« Reply #73 on: 27 Feb 2009, 15:45 »

Glimpses of Montreal

From Mont Royal the view of Pont Jacques Cartier.

The Olympic Stadium

A church in my neighborhood.

elcapitan

« Reply #74 on: 27 Feb 2009, 16:14 »

I don't suppose you could point me to a resource from which I could begin to learn technique and artistry? I'm hoping to take an introductory photo course at SVA (the School of Visual Arts here in New York) over the summer, and go on to a BFA from the same place, but at the moment all I have are a DSLR and ambition.

I personally haven't taken a professional course since my Year 9 photography class, which involved processing black and white film from an old Pentax SLR. So I'm almost completely self-taught, which is a whole lot easier these days. Why? The Internet!

That's a bit of a throwaway comment, but it's definitely true. There is so much information on the Internet about photography that it will make your head spin. The trick is winnowing the good stuff from the bullshit, unfortunately. What kind of information are you looking at to start with? How much do you know about photography and DSLRs? I can either give you some tips myself or point you in the right direction.

(That said, taking an introductory course is probably a really good idea if you have no experience!)

The big mistake when you're starting out, I think, is to get into the high-tech stuff too quickly (HDR, off-camera flash, etc.). You need to take time to develop your own style and sense of composition - this is something that you can't just pick up overnight. It's good to start with the simple stuff, and spend a while experimenting with it until you get a real sense for what you're working with. (If it's at all possible, you should consider getting an old non-digital SLR and shooting ten or twenty rolls of film with it over the course of a couple of months. It's amazing what not having a Delete button will do for your shot selection.) This leads on to the next point...

As well, just how big a difference does gear (and more importantly the cost of gear) make? Is it at all possible for someone to take shots like the ones you posted above with consumer-grade lenses? What is the balance between artistry and incredible equipment when it comes to digital shooting in particular?

Umm. This is a tough one. At the end of the day, yes, gear makes a difference. But I definitely agree with Jeans that it's not all that important for a beginning photographer. The differences in quality between low- and high-end gear are often quite subtle and (in many cases) not even readily apparent until you start blowing up shots or printing them. Plus, there are plenty of very good photographers who use cheap gear, even to the point of only using point-and-shoots; some even consider it to be part of the challenge.

For reference, all my shots recently have been taken with a Nikon D80, an older, lower-end DSLR from their range. They're pretty popular because the build quality is high and they can take really nice shots if you treat them right, but it's still a consumer camera instead of a professional camera. It's been great for me, but I am definitely at the stage now where I want to upgrade to a better camera, probably either a D200 or D300. (I feel I'm starting to hit the limit technically with what I can do with the D80.)

I use two lenses more than any other:

1) The kit lens (i.e. the lens that came with the camera), which lacks clarity in areas but has a great zoom and is basically a solid, compact lens for travelling, and
2) A Tokina 11-16mm ultra-wide angle lens, which was a recent investment and is much more of a professional-level tool, but still only cost me something in the hundreds (rather than thousands, which is what a lot of hardcore lenses go for).

So basically, yes, you can take almost all of my photos with consumer gear, because that's how I've done it! :)

As far as "artistry vs. gear" goes, it really depends on how creative you are. The so-called "digital darkroom" is an absolutely integral part of digital photography, and you can do some incredible things with software these days. But at some point, you will need to actually have light pass through a lens and fall onto a sensor, and if you can't get that to work right, then the rest of the process is more difficult. :S

Hope that helps, I'm happy to answer any questions you have. I just like talking about photography. :)
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 16:27 by elcapitan »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #75 on: 27 Feb 2009, 16:28 »

i'll second the recommendation to get a non-digital SLR.

i got this bad boy for twenty bucks at a garage sale and it has served me oh so well over the years.

then again, i'm not much of a photographer so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.  :| i dunno

elcapitan

« Reply #76 on: 27 Feb 2009, 16:31 »

Oh man, I still have my Pentax KX on my shelf, it looks a lot like that one. It's a really nice old camera, and I owe it more time, especially for portraits (I've only got a 50mm lens for it).

Neebin: Nice colours! If I may make a suggestion, though, try making sure that the horizons in your shots are, well, horizontal. :)

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #77 on: 27 Feb 2009, 20:31 »

I've got a very similar looking Pentacon Praktica LTL 2 which I inherited from my father, and all it needs to be fully functional is a nice once-over (the mirror and kit lens probably need a good polish) and a battery for the light meter (sadly the intended batteries for the thing are mercury-based and thus illegal, but I've found alkaline replacements).

It's been sitting on a shelf for months; I decided when I received it that I'd first buy a DSLR, learn the basics, profit from the ability to instantly analyze my mistakes, then take up film when I felt comfortable behind the lens. I'm starting to debate how efficient that method will prove to be, but either way now I have the opportunity for both methods at my fingertips.

I've been scouring the internet for resources but it's very hard to find a straightforward this is what you should know before you go out and take pictures, and these are the things you should keep in mind sort of lesson. I was pointed to Kelby Training today, and I'm enjoying the lessons so far, but their free trial is somewhat limited and I'm not convinced enough to make the investment yet.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. I know my way around the camera fairly well (a few of my friends have Canon Rebel models so despite it being brand new, I'm quite comfortable with this XSi), I'm just not sure what to do now that I have it. Do I go out and shoot just anything with no idea how to apply my theoretical knowledge of aperture and exposure?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #78 on: 28 Feb 2009, 20:28 »

elcaptian, stop having the most gorgeous portraits ever. I hate you :cc
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #80 on: 02 Mar 2009, 22:51 »

So these are the first results from my new DSLR. They are my favorites out of about 150 shots. I am kind of pleased with them but I have a lot of work to do.

As always, any critiques are greatly appreciated.

idonthaveorgans

• Not quite a lurker
    • twistedlittledreams
« Reply #81 on: 03 Mar 2009, 04:07 »

i took these a few years ago on a shitty 2 megapixel digital camera, but i like em

sorry for not thumbnailing them/linking them, they're pretty small anyway

Be My Head

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #83 on: 03 Mar 2009, 15:41 »

yes! rule of thirds is extremely important.

okay, i may have posted some/all of these pictures before but i'm not really sure so here they are anyway because i like them:

catching air

trick: unknown

they grow up so fast

<3 mom

lurker

trees

trail blazing

the sound

p.s. i really like that first one alot, idonthaveorgans.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #84 on: 03 Mar 2009, 16:12 »

Can someone explain the rule of thirds as applied to portraits? It's a bit harder to judge creative compositional elements on the human face and even more so when it comes to the body.

Be My Head

« Reply #85 on: 03 Mar 2009, 18:20 »

The goal of portrait should be to capture someone's personality and mannerisms, if it's a full or partial body shot and not a close up you would use the rule of thirds the same way you would any way.

Also, I'll give you the advice I was given which was "Force the flash, take the picture outside on a clear sunny day, zoom in with an optical lens, stand far back, and make sure to have your camera's portrait mode on.

Also, your pictures look pretty out of focus, I'm not sure if there's an auto focus? Or if you can set it to a reasonable distance when you take pictures?
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2009, 18:28 by Be My Head »

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #86 on: 03 Mar 2009, 18:39 »

I'm shooting with a Canon Rebel XSi. Most of these were taken with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.

They're out of focus because a) the auto-focus on Canon lenses has a mind of it's own, and b) I was too worried about exposing properly (these were taken in a dark concert venue on a backlit stage that was flooded in orange glow from an overhead light- pretty awful lighting conditions) to use manual focus.

The lens I was using is prime so I didn't have the option of standing far back and zooming in.

I guess I was taking what I can get with these. I'll post some daylight pictures for comparison when I take some.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #87 on: 03 Mar 2009, 18:49 »

Loki is a great name for a cat but a terrible name for a dog.

Be My Head

« Reply #88 on: 03 Mar 2009, 19:07 »

My cat is annoyingly difficult to take a picture of, the little bugger won't stay still and has jet black fur : (

Anyway

elcapitan

« Reply #89 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:37 »

The goal of portrait should be to capture someone's personality and mannerisms, if it's a full or partial body shot and not a close up you would use the rule of thirds the same way you would any way.

I'm going to go and draw up some guides that might help you apply the rule of thirds to portraits. Might take me a day or two, but I'll try. The important thing is not to use it when you think it looks dodgy.

Also, I'll give you the advice I was given which was "Force the flash, take the picture outside on a clear sunny day, zoom in with an optical lens, stand far back, and make sure to have your camera's portrait mode on.

Umm. I don't necessarily agree with this. There's nothing actually wrong with most of it, it's just not really conducive to taking good portraits. Here's why I think so, arranged in terms of your points:

1) "Force the flash". I think what you're trying to say here is "Use fill flash." This can be a good idea, provided you use it well. In almost all natural-lighting portraits, you can only pull this off if you can really drill down the flash's TTL reading manually, say to two or three EVs below the default. Why? Because otherwise you get the same horribly washed-out, pasty look that you can get from a point-and-shoot with the flash on. Also, if you're using an on-camera flash, you may want to think twice about using it to fill, since they have a nasty habit of producing a rabbit-in-headlights effect. If you have access to an off-camera flash (or a reflector, etc.) then yes, fill-flash is a great thing and will help out heaps.

2) "Take the picture outside on a clear, sunny day." Well yes, this can be a nice setting for a portrait, if you're sufficiently able to control the subject and the lighting conditions. Problem is, most of the time, you won't be. If you shoot in the middle of the day, you must be careful of a phenomenon known as "raccoon eyes" - shadows falling across the subject's eyes from their eyebrows. (On the other hand, sunset is my favourite time for candid portraiture, since you more-or-less lose this problem and get some gorgeous texturing on faces.)

My real issue with your statement is that portraits can be taken ANYWHERE if you can get the light right (and often, crucially, the white balance). In a dark room with a single overhead fluoro without using a flash - difficult, but not impossible. The trick is learning to take your conditions and get a photo from them. Again, off-camera flashes will help out immeasurably here.

3) "Zoom in with an optical lens." I assume you use optical as opposed to digital here, which should be blindingly obvious to begin with - the vast majority of DSLRs don't even have digital zooms for a very good reason, i.e. they're shit. Even getting past that, zooming in has some good points and many bad points. Let's list them:

Good:
 - Because you're more distant from the subject, they may be more candid in their actions, allowing you to get a more natural shot.
 - Fine-tuning your zoom allows you more control over the composure. (This is a pretty big plus.)
 - That's pretty much it.

Bad:
 - Because you're zoomed, you're more prone to camera shake. For portraits, you want crispness above all else (you can add a vaseline-lens effect in post-production, but unless you're really sure that's what you're shooting, you do not want it through the lens). Many low-end zoom lenses lose available aperture as they get more zoomed in; my Nikkor 18-135mm, for example, starts at f/3.5 at 18mm but goes to f/5.6 at 135mm, which is absolutely useless for anything that moves. If you're using a low-end DSLR, you may not be able to go higher than, say, ISO 400 before you start getting unacceptable noise. You want a shutter speed no slower than 1/125 to get consistently crisp portraits with any zoom higher than, say, 50mm on a non-full-frame sensor. The constraints are NOT conducive to taking nice portraits - believe me, I've tried.
 - Another aspect of the falloff of available aperture with zoom is the loss of a tight depth of field, which is generally highly desirable for portraits.
 - Most cheap zoom lenses have optimal optical clarity between about 25mm and 50mm. The more you zoom after that, the more prone you are to things like chromatic aberration, clarity falloff, barrel distortion, etc. These can be corrected in post-production to some extent, but why bother if you don't have to have them to begin with?
 - The more zoomed you are, the tighter your perspective. It's a matter of choice, but in my experience, people prefer portraits that have a wider perspective (up to a point - portraits taken at 11mm can look really cool, but more often they can look really munted).
 - Did I mention the camera shake thing? It's an absolute show-stopper, even with the vibration-resistance tech in the newer lenses.

4) "Stand far back". Again, you have the benefit of not getting in the persons space, which can be good if you're taking a candid or action portrait. But otherwise, why? Stand where you want if it makes the portrait look good. And, of course, the further back you stand, the more you'll have to zoom in, which leads to all my points above.

5) "Make sure you have your camera's portrait mode on." Alternatively, you could, I don't know, maybe learn how to use your camera. If you have a DSLR and you're only shooting on the automatic modes, you wasted your money - you could get similar results with a good point and shoot. Learn how to use the aperture-priority mode, the shutter-speed-priority mode, the program mode, and (most of all) the manual mode. Learn how to read histograms. If you just trust the metering in your camera, you'll get a few nice exposures, a lot of average exposures, and a fair whack of terrible exposures too.

Also, your pictures look pretty out of focus, I'm not sure if there's an auto focus? Or if you can set it to a reasonable distance when you take pictures?

This is a fair point. If you have any recent combination of DSLR and lens, auto-focus should work out fine. (If it's a prime 50mm, the autofocus should be nails-fast, too.)

Low-light conditions can make life really hard, though, since autofocus relies on light. Most, if not all DSLRs have a little lamp that will light up to help the autofocus do it's thing - make sure this is turned on (you may want to be careful with this at gigs, though, since some musicians get really pissy about having lights shone in their eyes while they're playing). Alternatively, you can try pointing the camera directly at a light source roughly the same distance from your camera's focal plane as the subject, focusing on that by pushing the shutter down halfway, and then recomposing the shot around the subject before fully pressing the shutter. This can work well in some conditions; in others, it won't work at all. Experimentation! :)

Which leads me to one tip for portraits: focus for the eyes. As above, you can get this with autofocus by simply pointing the little reticule in the middle of the viewfinder at the subject's eyes, holding down the shutter halfway to get the focus, recomposing the shot without moving your finger, and then taking the photo.
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2009, 23:02 by elcapitan »

Harun

« Reply #90 on: 19 Mar 2009, 21:44 »

These are all pictures I took while I was riding my bike - none were taking standing still.

I was going about 40mph when I took this one.  :-D

I was going a little bit slower when I took these:

Looking down at a 15% grade. Took this over my shoulder.  :lol:

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #91 on: 08 Apr 2009, 19:19 »

Shots from the recent Newmindspace Pillowfight in New York.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #92 on: 11 Apr 2009, 09:40 »

Bottom-right, bottom-left, and middle-right are pretty amazing.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #93 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:01 »

Thank you!

Buxton Outreach Coalition Benefit Concert featuring the lovely SHAPES w/ Viva Mayday, Datura

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #94 on: 15 Apr 2009, 15:32 »

Hey thread. I am thinking of getting a camera with my stimulus package, specifically trying to get a second-hand canon EOS 40D body for $900 or less, and buying lenses new. I'm a journalism student, and will mostly be learning to use it for freelancing (online and newspapers) and assignments. I'm mainly thinking canon because people I know use canon, so I'd be able to borrow specific gear from them if I needed to. Is this a good idea? Does anyone read this thread?
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #95 on: 16 Apr 2009, 05:08 »

Occasionally people read this thread.

I got a Canon for much the same reason, as well as because I poked around some Nikons and didn't really like the way they felt. The other brands with consumer-grade DSLRs currently on the market (Olympus, Sony's new Alpha series) are laughable.

Are you starting completely from scratch as a photographer? If you are, I suggest getting a Canon EOS Rebel XSi (they might go by EOS 450D in Australia) brand new and treating yourself to an extra lens. You simply won't need the extra features on the 40D for long enough to justify getting it.

For reference, all the pictures I've posted in this thread (in the last few pages) were taken with an XSi and various EF lenses, primarily the 50mm f/1.8 Mark II.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #96 on: 16 Apr 2009, 18:30 »

Are you starting completely from scratch as a photographer? If you are, I suggest getting a Canon EOS Rebel XSi (they might go by EOS 450D in Australia) brand new and treating yourself to an extra lens. You simply won't need the extra features on the 40D for long enough to justify getting it.

Yeah, I've actually used the 400D a little bit (I think it's the 450D's predecessor?). As I said, I'm a journalism student (and actually currently working for a magazine, though I don't do any photography) so if I'm going to be spending this much money I'd like to get something that will be decent for freelance stories, and capable of taking newspaper/online quality shots later on when I learn how to use it better.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #97 on: 16 Apr 2009, 19:01 »

Not too sure on the lenses, yet!

Probably a 50 mm lens for doing lower light gig shots and such, and some kind of zoomy lens as well... I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #98 on: 17 Apr 2009, 12:37 »

Taken on a generic myspace camera.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up