THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 15:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar Hero : World Tour  (Read 9849 times)

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
Guitar Hero : World Tour
« on: 13 Sep 2008, 03:28 »

I couldn't find the Rock Band 2 topic since honestly that is more what I wanted to post about, but the tracklist for GH:WT has been announced, finally.

I'm a definate Rock Band player now and this won't dissuade me from Rock Band 2 (Battery omg) but I mean... Tool for christ's sakes. This puts me in something of a pickle for sure.

So far there's always the hope that history will repeat itself and all the good stuff from here will show up as DLC on RB2, but it still worries me. What do the rest of y'alls think? Does this shift your opinion at all on which 'side' you're backing?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Re: Guitar Hero : World Tour
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2008, 13:57 »

Honestly, I like GH:WT's track list, but no.

Fuck Activision and fuck Neversoft's shitty gameplay.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2008, 14:23 »

I'm with Ozy on this one.

It looks like Activision is attempting to compensate for GH's gameplay deficit by snatching up exclusive contracts with big bands (Aerosmith, Tool, Metallica, etc.) but I ain't buying it.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2008, 15:09 »

Im with Ozy aswell, Harmonix does a good job of getting a variety of bands aswell which neversoft never really bothered with so much.  And the GH3 gameplay tweaks were built around, the, lets make the songs harder then make the gameplay mechanics easier to compensate, angle which doesnt ring true.  I want to get the feeling Im actually rocking out alot more.

Though it pains me to concede that GH:WT seems to have alot more next gen (of music games) stuff going on.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2008, 16:00 »

Yeah... who is the king of DLC ?  RockBand.  I think RockBand passed Guitar hero in Downloadable music within their first 2 months of release.  So covet the GH:WT tracklist all you want... it is the last set of songs they will give out.
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

CarbonatedWeasel

« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2008, 14:28 »

There are just so many more songs on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack that I would actually want to play. PLUS all of the DLC.
Im not much of a metalhead so a lot of the stuff on GHWT just doesnt appeal to me.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2008, 14:35 »

The Rockband DLC is importable into RB2 aswell which is pretty sweet, I looked in on the list.  I was pretty stoked to see The Sounds (even if its a cover) and Hot Hot Heat

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2008, 11:55 »

Oh man. So many good songs. BYOB, Assassin... they have everything. and what is this, Nuvole E Lenzuola? Could it be, an Italian rock song in Guitar Hero? I'm buying this.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

makeout hobo

« Reply #8 on: 07 Nov 2008, 00:20 »

There's a Spanish song on there too, Escuela De Calor...

And no SERIOUS fucking of Activision, tis a good summer job to be paid to test games =(

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #9 on: 07 Nov 2008, 00:25 »

Man, beta testing is the worst thing ever. If you ever had fun playing video games, you will not have such after beta testing for any length of time.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #10 on: 07 Nov 2008, 00:32 »

I wanna try out the fansy drum kit. I've considered going down to Best Buy just to see if they have this game set up.
also israel

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #11 on: 07 Nov 2008, 08:59 »

Gotta say, I Beta Tested this summer, and it was both shitty and amazing.  Ive tactfully avoided talking about RB2, but I tested the fuck out of it.  And most of it was all fun and games, the smaller percent of it was the drag side of testing, and that was mostly because I was stuck doing expert vocals on the AC/DC track pack for part of the time.  Which in itself isnt horrible, its just that I am epically tone deaf and dont like AC/DC (except You Shook Me All Night Long, which is one of the best Rock songs ever.

I just didnt want to break my NDA by talking about it, but well the jobs long over, and I think RB2 is out already.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #12 on: 07 Nov 2008, 09:30 »

I am a software tester.  I do all sorts of stuff (which I can't talk about, HURR HURR).  Most of it is really boring.  Even the games.  I feel about software testing the way Emeril and Spongebath do about marriage.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 07 Nov 2008, 14:55 »

Best thing about this game?  Ozzy Osbourne singing La Bamba

makeout hobo

« Reply #14 on: 07 Nov 2008, 20:04 »

I was beta testing for Activision for summer...WaW, but still got to try my hand at most of the other stuff going on, World Tour, Spiderman, etc, etc.
I really enjoyed it, pay was great, AND they order you in free pizza if you have to work overtime.  :lol:

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #15 on: 08 Nov 2008, 08:30 »

I picked this up today after all, I stood too close to a Game store and after that things are a blur.

It is ok... not great, I've only played it solo and it doesn't give me the same buzz as RB. The graphics are very stylised and the character creation, while in depth, still doesn't seem as versatile as RB's, so I'm probably just going to play as Judy Nails like I did in the other Guitar Hero games, especially now she doesn't look like a teenage boys pubescent fantasy as she did in the previous installment.

Also it might just be me but the sound seems really OFF. I mean yeah the guitar is louder than everything else, that is the instrument I am using after all, but it is WAY louder. I played Some Might Say by Oasis and all I could basically hear was the guitar and the vocals, no drums. There also seems to be a lot of actual musicians in the game. Billy Corgan randomly appeared on stage to play Today with my faux band then disappeared again. Strange!

Trynant

• Emoticontraindication
  • never slow
« Reply #16 on: 08 Nov 2008, 20:51 »

Anyone else enjoy the song creator more than the actual playing of the real songs? Because I'm having a blast with that.
When all else fails, spam.

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jan 2009, 13:04 »

I just play 'pull me under' over and over again on Sunna's Chariot.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jan 2009, 15:03 »

I just came.
From a Guitar Hero birthday party.
(We played Rock Band too.)

Now I want to buy a console and 1-2 of this type of game. I think I'm going for the Xbox 360, Guitar Hero 2 (because I love the tracklist) and whichever is cheap and comes with DLC.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #19 on: 24 Jan 2009, 15:35 »

I shoulda bought a set of the GHWT drums instead of RB for FOF, those things look hella fansy.
also israel

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2009, 20:19 »

I don't like the way they do vocals in GH. It's hard to tell how you're doing. Also don't like the fact that if one band member fails, then you all fail. That sucks, especially when you have no fucking clue what the song is, and are trying to sing it.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

el_loco_avs

• Furry furrier
« Reply #21 on: 09 Feb 2009, 03:54 »

I don't like the way they do vocals in GH. It's hard to tell how you're doing. Also don't like the fact that if one band member fails, then you all fail. That sucks, especially when you have no fucking clue what the song is, and are trying to sing it.

Instead  of RB-style "unfailing" them after they drop out you have to prevent failure as a team. Ie, someone fucks up, so the rest starpowers like there's no tomorrow.

I played a little GH4 last week. Good fun, though singing some spanish song I've never heard of before was frustrating. You can get away with just mumbling to the tune a bit though (on easy at leasT). Ended up with a higher score than properly singing a song i know  by heart.  :-D

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #22 on: 09 Feb 2009, 07:01 »

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I play GH:WT, I cannot play the guitar for shit, and end up failing the song within the first ten seconds.

I do not has this problem with Rock Band.

Is it just me, or does note detection in World Tour eat balls?

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #23 on: 11 Feb 2009, 12:01 »

there is a way that they are different, and actually all music games feel different in this way. a dedicated RB player will have trouble with GH and vice versa.

frets on fire takes a little while to get used to as well
also israel
Pages: [1]   Go Up