• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was The Moment Of The Week?

Reprint of 258 (Milk Bath!)
- 2 (5.1%)
You should try having an ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP.
- 1 (2.6%)
Oh, God, that's actually TRUE.
- 3 (7.7%)
My therapist won't see anyone else in my social circle.
- 4 (10.3%)
Wait, you're seeing someone?
- 0 (0%)
He misses your body (AUGH!)
- 16 (41%)
Wow. I broke him.
- 2 (5.1%)
Warning label under the boobs.
- 6 (15.4%)
TAKE ME, OH OMNISCIENT MACHINE PANTHEON!
- 3 (7.7%)
Mister Peepers! NOOOOOOOO!
- 2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 25-29 October 2010 (1781-1785)  (Read 106628 times)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCDT: 25-29 October 2010
« Reply #100 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:34 »

Sad am I, that Hanners buying that is. Better of her I thought. But deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge have I, that move must.

Hijacked your account, Yoda has!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
  • Homeopathy. The air guitar of medicine.
« Reply #101 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:40 »

I love that expression on Hanners,

just imagine if she has the GSX-9500( http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1380 ) in her hand and says something slightly different...

Et voilà

Yes, my mind does work like that.

So two scientists walk into a bar and decide to have a drinking competition, the first scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 please". The second scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 too"

Naturally the first scientist won.

DaveSangor05

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #102 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:57 »

I want a print the size of the hanners sledding print of 1783 to frame and hang on my wall..

:psyduck:

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #103 on: 27 Oct 2010, 05:00 »

Hmm, Faye getting over him as easily as she seems to have might have been another ego bruise. Also, Hannelore doing that was creepy amusing.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

akronnick

« Reply #104 on: 27 Oct 2010, 05:29 »

Should I...

I really Shouldn't...

Oh well, here goes...

just imagine if she has the GSX-9500( http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1380 ) in her hand and says something slightly different...

Et voilà

SURPIZE BUTTSECKS!!!!!!!!!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Arky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #105 on: 27 Oct 2010, 06:36 »

Dunno why people might be surprised that Dr Corinne wouldn't see any more of the QC gang.  There's doctor-patient confidentiality issues, you know, and the more of the same group of friends Dr Corinne sees, the more of a problem it can become.  If something person X says is relevant to person Y's treatment, it puts her in a hard position because she has duties to both of them.  How could she possibly treat Faye and Sven at the same time without risking a breach of confidentiality in one direction or another?

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #106 on: 27 Oct 2010, 08:47 »

Hannelope!  I love it! 

Rhymes with canteloupe, right? 

Let the hyperventilating begin! 

Wanna know something scary? I'm pretty sure they're emotionally compatible, if not physically.
I mean, I only put them together originally as a joke, but ... ah, well, at least they could be friends.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

kittymao

• Not quite a lurker
  • snarf.
« Reply #107 on: 27 Oct 2010, 09:02 »

This is quite possibly the funniest strip I have read in some time.
I try really hard to NOT like Hanners ( it's the rebel in me!)
But she is so cyoot when she just appears in panel #5.

it's like dream-sequences in film, where people just slide into frame...

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #108 on: 27 Oct 2010, 12:08 »

Dunno why people might be surprised that Dr Corinne wouldn't see any more of the QC gang.  There's doctor-patient confidentiality issues, you know, and the more of the same group of friends Dr Corinne sees, the more of a problem it can become.  If something person X says is relevant to person Y's treatment, it puts her in a hard position because she has duties to both of them.  How could she possibly treat Faye and Sven at the same time without risking a breach of confidentiality in one direction or another?
This comment is informed, reasonable, and it makes sense.

You must be new here...
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #109 on: 27 Oct 2010, 12:15 »

I try really hard to NOT like Hanners ( it's the rebel in me!)
You're lost. Utterly, completely lost.
Quote from: Is it cold in here?:
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #110 on: 27 Oct 2010, 13:42 »

Not to mention the fact that trying to give good advice and keeping all the secrets apart is emotionally draining.
Francisco

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #111 on: 27 Oct 2010, 13:55 »

Well, there's always group therapy...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #112 on: 27 Oct 2010, 13:57 »

Isn't that Coffee of Doom though?
Don't think Dora wants Dr. Corrine invading her market...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #113 on: 27 Oct 2010, 15:20 »

Well, there's always the Cirque du Psychose...
Fixed.

Oh, none of them are there yet. But put the whole cast in a room together trying to explain their issues to the group and it will be like an emotional fission pile. And Corrine gets to be the cooling rod. How nice for her.

And it just occurred to me Jeph has all these people in his head.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #114 on: 27 Oct 2010, 15:44 »

Fortunately (?) most of the time if you make a "real enough" character they "write themselves" as the saying goes. Which basically means they've walled themselves off in a private portion of your psyche and are handing out notes when prompted, rather than being fully integrated where they can jump out and take over at inopportune moments.
Also, they talk to each other; late at night, if you're quiet, you can hear them whispering...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #115 on: 27 Oct 2010, 15:46 »

What's Most Surprising?

Sven having a moment of introspection    - 5 (6.8%)
Dr. Corrine refusing to see any of the other QC cast    - 6 (8.2%)
Faye acting normal towards Sven    - 25 (34.2%)
Sven considering an "actual" relationship    - 9 (12.3%)
Dora leaving the shop in FAYE's hands!    - 3 (4.1%)
No specials today (JERKS)    - 5 (6.8%)
GOOGLE IT!    - 6 (8.2%)
Yelling Bird as a Squishable!    - 11 (15.1%)
The Book is out, BTW.    - 3 (4.1%) Oh, and did I mention MY COPY CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!

Total Voters: 73
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #116 on: 27 Oct 2010, 15:55 »

Fortunately (?) most of the time if you make a "real enough" character they "write themselves" as the saying goes. Which basically means they've walled themselves off in a private portion of your psyche and are handing out notes when prompted, rather than being fully integrated where they can jump out and take over at inopportune moments.
Also, they talk to each other; late at night, if you're quiet, you can hear them whispering...

You know, I think Jeph actually mentioned as much about this in the aftermath of Dora & Marten (Way back here at strip 566).

Quote from: Jeph
This strip is a good example of a conversation I was writing veering off in a completely different direction than I initally expected. Along with most of the rest of you guys, I was expecting Faye's initial reaction to be shock, or anger, or grief, or some other really negative emotion. But resignation? I never would have guessed it until I started writing her dialogue in panel 2 and it just appeared on screen. Then it was like a switch flipped in my head- "of course she's been expecting this to happen! She's known this was a potential consequence ever since they had The Talk!" I dunno, it makes good sense to me. Hopefully it makes sense to you too.

I feel really pretentious writing about my work like this. I don't think I'm some kind of Great Artiste or whatever, I'm just some dude who draws a comic strip on the intar wubs, you know? But sometimes when I'm writing dialogue it really does feel like it's out of my hands, that the things Marten &co. say and do are just appearing as if I weren't involved in the process at all. It's weird. I hope it makes for interesting writing, anyway.

I used to have a really clear idea of what was going to happen next in the comic. Nowadays I'm almost as much of a spectator as the rest of you. It's pretty exciting!
Just another Joe like 46

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #117 on: 27 Oct 2010, 16:44 »

SURPIZE BUTTSECKS!!!!!!!!!

Damn you; you stole my idea!

Oh well, I might just go ahead and alter the speech bubble anyway. Just for shits and giggles.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #118 on: 27 Oct 2010, 18:11 »

The expressions in this strip are really great, Sven's, Faye's, and Hanners'.  I have a feeling that Faye will re-evaluate her opinion of the Sven/Hanners date once Hanners fills in the details, at which point she'll get mad (I know *eyeroll*) and confront Sven, and maybe fall into bed with him.  O_o  Or maybe she'll start angsting over him and mess things up with Angus that way, since she is after all an accomplished self-saboteur.  Those are sort of obvious ways to go, though, so maybe Jeph has alternate awkwardness in store for them all.

Et voilà

Bahaha!  Nicely done.  There should probably be a "buzzzzzzzz" in the background, though.   :-D

PS: I got my QC volume 1 book, and it's . . . bigger than I was expecting.  *grins*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #119 on: 27 Oct 2010, 18:50 »

Don't let the kids see this; it's dissilusioning.

cuzsis

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #120 on: 27 Oct 2010, 21:27 »

Well, there's always the Cirque du Psychose...
Fixed.

Oh, none of them are there yet. But put the whole cast in a room together trying to explain their issues to the group and it will be like an emotional fission pile. And Corrine gets to be the cooling rod. How nice for her.

And it just occurred to me Jeph has all these people in his head.

Great.

Now I picture Jeff as this creepy guy wandering around and muttering to himself while periodically smacking himself in the head with a large blunt object.

zadojla

• Emoticontraindication
  • Yes, it's a wombat.
« Reply #121 on: 27 Oct 2010, 21:50 »

Now I picture Jeff as this creepy guy wandering around and muttering to himself while periodically smacking himself in the head with a large blunt object.

At least he would never be lonely!
How do I get one of those brooms?

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #122 on: 27 Oct 2010, 23:17 »

Hmm. I didn't consider homosexual encounters as possibilities for Sven's next date, so let me append the leest with

7. Pastor Vodka.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

akronnick

« Reply #123 on: 27 Oct 2010, 23:31 »

Dr. Daniels, paging Dr. Daniels. Dr. Jack Daniels, please report to the ER!

srpilha

• Not quite a lurker
  • composer, researcher (no, srsly)
« Reply #124 on: 27 Oct 2010, 23:47 »

Et voilà

Brilliant.

You do realise you've possibly unleashed a whole thread of reinterpretations of this single panel, right? There is no end to the possibilities.

Here's a completely different, crueler and I would say even creepier, direction.

Btw, how cutesy did everyone look back around strip 1380 with the slightly larger heads, bigger eyes and thicker lines? d'awwww ^_^
Eggplant casserole tonight?
Why, yes!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #125 on: 28 Oct 2010, 00:07 »

Sven just got metaphorically getting kicked in the nads, and Faye just nearly had a heart attack.

Just an average day in CoD   :-D

Faye definitely needs a warning label.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #126 on: 28 Oct 2010, 00:12 »

I see a t-shirt design in the future.
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #127 on: 28 Oct 2010, 00:32 »

You know, it might be their relative heights, but I can't help but get the sense Hannelore's eyes are trained on Faye's breasts in all four panels...
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #128 on: 28 Oct 2010, 00:38 »

Best. Punchline. Ever.
Just another Joe like 46

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #129 on: 28 Oct 2010, 00:47 »

Just gotta say...

Wow.

Just so out of the blue, really, it seems like, this all came out.

Seriously, Sven only mentioned that he missed her, and it really felt like he was actively trying to move on. It didn't feel like an "OMG still want her" kind of moment, especially with what happened lately.

Sometimes people intentionally sabotage a good thing, and bringing up, out of context, that conversation about a relationship that soured in the past... I don't know, it just seems a little creepy, and dishonest. It seems like Hanners was misrepresenting what Sven said- he made one small statement about how he missed her and the topic moved on.

Blargh, rambling.

Yeah, I know, punchline and all, but even so... Just seems like she has some ulterior motive.

Exar_Kun

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Me Hawngry!
« Reply #130 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:27 »

I'm sitting here wondering how Sven saying that he missed her breasts could possibly be misrepresented?
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #131 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:36 »

I'm sitting here wondering how Sven saying that he missed her breasts could possibly be misrepresented?

Because Sven was using his statement as the avenue of expressing that, yes, he still did miss Faye at some point, but it was plainly obvious (especially from the further events of the date) that he had made a distinct point that he was trying to move on, and he was even enjoying the fact that, despite the fact that he did miss Faye, he was at that point finally able to have a "real date".

Despite the awkdwardness, Sven has been sincerely trying to get on with his life, to move beyond Faye. When a relationship ends, especially if it ends badly for one person, there will always be aspects of the failed relationship that will be difficult to push out of one's mind, especially on dates with other people where they might not, in some cases, "add up" to what was lost.

We ourselves have SEEN Sven try very hard (especially with the friendly conversation with Faye in the COD) to move beyond what had been a difficult, uncomfortable situation.

And then Hanners suddenly comes in for no apparent reason and gives it all a squeeze in the behind.

What can it possibly serve at this point?

akronnick

« Reply #132 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:56 »

Sven's not over Faye.

Sven's not in any way, shape or form over Faye.

In order to be "over" somebody, you have to admit that, at least at some point, you were "under" them (prevered sexual positions notwithstanding.)

Sven has been, since just before the second time he slept with Faye, telling anybody and everybody concerned that it was just sex and there were absolutely no feelings whatsoever where Faye (or anybody else for that matter, ever) was concerned.

In yesterday's comic, that particular Aswan High Dam was showing signs of weakness. As in look for high ground because Denial is about to flood all over Egypt weakness.

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #133 on: 28 Oct 2010, 02:12 »

Sven's not over Faye.

While I would lay doubts to the veracity of that claim, even if Sven isn't "over" Faye, he's still been trying to move on. And that first step, the date with Hanners, though it had rough parts, was a step in that direction.

Because even if Sven wasn't trying to move past this, Faye had.

All that Hanner's revelation can accomplish is to put more awkwardness into the situation.

Or at the very least, it seems like there could have been a better way of talking to Faye about it, rather than a rear assault while she's preoccupied with COD work.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2010, 02:14 by AnAverageWriter »

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #134 on: 28 Oct 2010, 02:26 »

He doesn't know HOW to move on. That's just it.

His definition of "moving on" is to duck out and avoid any and all future interactions with said individual.
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #135 on: 28 Oct 2010, 02:32 »

And then Hanners suddenly comes in for no apparent reason and gives it all a squeeze in the behind. What can it possibly serve at this point?
Hanners is very inexperienced in personal relationships, and has some buggy software, so it probably never occurred to her not to say anything. Sven (an experienced player) should have kept his mouth shut while he was on his date with Hanners, instead of dumping his unresolved issues on her (for no apparent reason). What possible purpose did that serve?

More great expressions in todays strip too. Art-kudos to Jeph. The buns with flourescent-coloured icing in the cabinet behind Faye look very unhealthy.   

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #136 on: 28 Oct 2010, 02:40 »

Hanners is very inexperienced in personal relationships, and has some buggy software, so it probably never occurred to her not to say anything. Sven (an experienced player) should have kept his mouth shut while he was on his date with Hanners, instead of dumping his unresolved issues on her (for no apparent reason).

Indeed- Sven has a severe case of not-thinking-before-speaking syndrome...

I wonder where this all will lead...

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #137 on: 28 Oct 2010, 03:03 »

While I would lay doubts to the veracity of that claim, even if Sven isn't "over" Faye, he's still been trying to move on. And that first step, the date with Hanners, though it had rough parts, was a step in that direction.
Hmm. I think that in Sven's mind the pretendate was mostly just a kind gesture. It may also have originally been a non-serious attempt to prove himself that he can move on, but then the memory of Faye hit him full force. It is an on/off thing. Sometimes he's ok with it, but his rational mind is not always in charge. I haven't ruled out an ulterior motive (for the pretendate) of proving to Faye/Dora that he has reformed. Brownie points?

Because even if Sven wasn't trying to move past this, Faye had.
Unfortunately not all the parties of a break-up move on at the same pace.

All that Hanner's revelation can accomplish is to put more awkwardness into the situation.

Or at the very least, it seems like there could have been a better way of talking to Faye about it, rather than a rear assault while she's preoccupied with COD work.

I think that Faye became aware (unless she already was) of Sven's lingering feelings towards her from the uncomfortable way Sven left CoD post-haste upon hearing about Faye having found somebody else. Hanners' revelation only "actualized" it. The rear assault was just Jeph's way of adding a little levity to an otherwise dramatic strip. He is quite good at giving his readers something positive, when plot development makes it necessary for one of the characters to feel bad. Hanners was the logical choice to deliver the punch this time, because she wittnessed Sven's admission. The APCs usually act in this capacity. Momo showing Angus the finger in strip 1631 is the best example that comes to mind.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #138 on: 28 Oct 2010, 03:05 »

Hanners is very inexperienced in personal relationships, and has some buggy software, so it probably never occurred to her not to say anything. Sven (an experienced player) should have kept his mouth shut while he was on his date with Hanners, instead of dumping his unresolved issues on her (for no apparent reason).

Indeed- Sven has a severe case of not-thinking-before-speaking syndrome...

I wonder where this all will lead...
I sympathize, I suffer from that one too.

If its a disease, anyway.
Carpe Diem

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #139 on: 28 Oct 2010, 03:23 »

I think some of it might be this, Sven himself said that he doesn't really do relationships. Some of his issue could be lingering attraction to Faye as well as missing her personally. And getting over someone is difficult. Hell after I had a breakup with my ex a couple years back I had trouble but was mostly ok a few months after, then all of a sudden I heard our song on the radio and it basically took me right back to the moment she dumped me. Maybe it's pathetic but it's the truth and it might be similar to what happened with Sven. Then again it might also be that he has few real close friends he can talk to about all of this.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #140 on: 28 Oct 2010, 03:24 »

The "date" with Hanners was just a pretend date for Hanners' benefit, not Sven's. It wasn't Sven's idea and I'm quite sure he didn't see it as an exercise in getting over Faye.

Sven is clearly not over her. His reluctance to go on any real dates, or even have sex with anyone else since their fall-out, his blindness towards a girl known to be his type hitting on him, and the fact that after Marten told him everything that happened with his last fight with Dora, at first all he could think about was whether Faye's tits were restrained or not, all point to Sven being more than a little preoccupied with her in a less-than-healthy way.

And of course, if you're really over someone, you don't get weird and leave abruptly when they tell you they're dating someone else.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #141 on: 28 Oct 2010, 03:59 »

Hanners strikes me as the kind of person who's actually read every warning label and sticker on everything she owns in the whole world... thrice. I'm sure she can come up with several new ones for Faye quite easily.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #142 on: 28 Oct 2010, 05:00 »

The "date" with Hanners was just a pretend date for Hanners' benefit, not Sven's. It wasn't Sven's idea and I'm quite sure he didn't see it as an exercise in getting over Faye.

Agreed - although it did turn out in a way that could be beneficial to him.

all he could think about was whether Faye's tits were restrained or not, all point to Sven being more than a little preoccupied with her in a less-than-healthy way.

True. But the references to Faye's physical characteristits (typo intentional), and his insistance that that's what he is missing confuse me. I kept -- and in fact keep -- thinking that he's just confused, or suppressing his *real* feelings towards Faye.
In 1481 and 1486 he confirms this, and in the latter almost, almost actually admits that to Dora that he is in love with Faye.
That is, in fact, a lot more consistent with his behaviour in CoD this morning.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #143 on: 28 Oct 2010, 05:03 »

I am still surprised how much stuff people can write about Sven.

Seriously, he's the most shallow character of the whole cast ...
Carpe Diem

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #144 on: 28 Oct 2010, 05:06 »

You state this as fact. You might be surprised to learn that others might disagree with you.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #145 on: 28 Oct 2010, 05:09 »

Hanners strikes me as the kind of person who's actually read every warning label and sticker on everything she owns in the whole world... thrice. I'm sure she can come up with several new ones for Faye quite easily.

Caution:  May cause night sweats, shortness of breath, and dizziness.  If erection lasts more than four hours, seek professional help immediately!
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #146 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:21 »

Sven's not over Faye.

In order to be "over" somebody, you have to admit that, at least at some point, you were "under" them (prevered sexual positions notwithstanding.)

Sven has been, since just before the second time he slept with Faye, telling anybody and everybody concerned that it was just sex and there were absolutely no feelings whatsoever where Faye (or anybody else for that matter, ever) was concerned.

In yesterday's comic, that particular Aswan High Dam was showing signs of weakness. As in look for high ground because Denial is about to flood all over Egypt weakness.
Grand Coulee. If you're gonna swipe my metaphors, at least don't change the names. And yes, to be over something, you have to realize you were in it to begin with.

And then Hanners suddenly comes in for no apparent reason and gives it all a squeeze in the behind. What can it possibly serve at this point?
Hanners is very inexperienced in personal relationships, and has some buggy software, so it probably never occurred to her not to say anything. Sven (an experienced player) should have kept his mouth shut while he was on his date with Hanners, instead of dumping his unresolved issues on her (for no apparent reason). What possible purpose did that serve?
I still wish she'd picked up on the false note in that. I agree, Hanners lacks the experience to do it, but she's come up with some penetrating, unexpected insights before. I had hoped she'd say "Wow! And I though you just missed being around her!" or something like that.

Probably needs Raven. Stupid college education.

I am still surprised how much stuff people can write about Sven.

I'm one of his hearty detractors, and even I don't think that. It's why the character irritates me so. If Sven were shallow, I wouldn't expect more from him. You know, like Steve. Nobody expects introspection from Steve.
<Gets up on a high, big, safe rock as the sharks (species Stephicus Franticfanius) come in towards the chum> :-o
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2010, 06:23 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Jerein

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #147 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:45 »

Am I the only one who chuckled at the comic, but laughed aloud at the first line of the newspost? 

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #148 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:47 »

You know, like Steve. Nobody expects introspection from Steve.
<Gets up on a high, big, safe rock as the sharks (species Stephicus Franticfanius) come in towards the chum> :-o

Hey!
You'd be surprised.

(I was!)

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #149 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:49 »

Am I the only one who chuckled at the comic, but laughed aloud at the first line of the newspost? 
~
Nnnnooooo. It made me all but piss my pants.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up