THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix won't work: Silverlight Error 2103  (Read 8175 times)

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
Netflix won't work: Silverlight Error 2103
« on: 20 Apr 2011, 21:25 »

Ok, so my computer decides to update itself with yet another round of updates it can probably go a few months without, and in the process, somehow Microsoft Silverlight (the program that lets you watch Netflix movies on your computer) gets broken from an Error 2103.  So I follow the instructions that Netflix gave to fix it (uninstall and reinstall Silverlight), and of course, it didn't work.  So I went a step further and redownloaded the installer and deleted every vestige of Silverlight I could find and tried reinstalling it again, but got the same result.

So as I'm surfing the Web and looking for another solution (all of the ones I try fail), I find one that looks like it'll work.  Along with uninstalling and deleting everything Silverlight related, it also says to run Registry Editor and delete everything with a Silverlight tag to be found.  It also has the disclaimer "don't mess with the registry unless you know what you're doing", but I look up Silverlight to see what I'm working with, and find...well, a lot of tags.  A couple hundred, at minimum. 

So much as I want to rampage through the registry and delete everything Silverlight related, I'm kind of hesitant to do so, mainly because I don't want to mess up my computer.  So what I'm wondering is, is my paranoia well founded, or can I delete away?

Also, have any other Netflix users run into this problem?  If you did, how'd you fix it?
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
Re: Netflix won't work: Silverlight Error 2103
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2011, 21:28 »

If you're not comfortable with potentially destroying your Windows install, leave the registry alone. I'd recommend downloading something like CCleaner that'll clean dead tags out of the registry for you and do it safely, it'll even back up the registry if you tell it to.
Quis pater tibi est?
Pages: [1]   Go Up