THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 18:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 12th Doctor  (Read 22229 times)

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
Re: The 12th Doctor
« Reply #50 on: 15 Aug 2013, 08:31 »

Also: Amy is hot.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #51 on: 15 Aug 2013, 10:10 »

Yes. Yes, she is.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #52 on: 15 Aug 2013, 11:22 »

Hot is too strong a word.  More like adorable.  :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #53 on: 15 Aug 2013, 11:57 »

I'd say she's very much both.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #54 on: 15 Aug 2013, 13:48 »

Honestly I've never really understood the Doctor/Amy relationship. I think it all became more complicated when
(click to show/hide)

I didn't see much of Clara yet (I've only watched the first eight episodes of the 7th season yet), but I think she's alright.

Also I realised how much I don't like the episodes of the sixth season when I was looking for an episode to rewatch while on the bus. I randomly skipped through almost all of them until I opened "The Doctor's Wife" and decided that that was an acceptable episode…
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Legere-factus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #55 on: 23 Sep 2013, 11:39 »

I found Amy more annoying than Rory.
Rory has some wonderful moments.
When he enters the Tardis for the first time (vampires of venice I think) and the doctors ready to be all smug in the face of human incomprehension and Rory's like, oh so yeah. Different dimension inside then? (I'm paraphrasing) When the doctor is surprised at Rory's lack of reaction, Rory explains he did his research and read up on science theory after their first encounter. How cool is that!

[edit, now with extra added quotage!]
The Doctor: It's a lot to take in, isn't it? Tiny box, huge room inside; what's that about? Let me explain...
Rory: It's another dimension.
The Doctor: It's basically another dimen- what?
Rory: After what happened with Prisoner Zero, I've been reading up on all the latest scientific theories. FTL travel, parallel universes.

And when he says "this isn't fair, you're turning me into you" when the doctor asks him to choose between young amy and old amy in 'The girl who waited.'
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2013, 11:46 by Legere-factus »

dps

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #56 on: 13 Oct 2013, 16:10 »

You forgot Rory's best moment:  "Would you like me to repeat the question?".  Doesn't sound like much on its own, but in context, very badass.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #57 on: 13 Oct 2013, 17:54 »

I quite like Rory. I think he sticks up for himself and is a good contrast for Amy and the Doctor. (I like the companions who are more reserved about getting into trouble. Why? It's believable and not so over the top.) Also I really like the dynamic of there being two companions for more than an episode or two.

But by far my favorite companion is River Song. The whole backwards/forwards timelines of the two (I haven't finished season 6 yet) is really dynamic and interesting. I wish it was with David Tennant, but when she kissed Matt Smith for the first/last time, it was hilarious watching him squirm about. My second favorite is Capt. Jack, then Martha, Donna, Rose, Mickey. Rose was...ok? and I found Mickey really boring until he went to the other dimension. (I liked his and Martha's ending a lot.) I'm not quite sure how I rate Amy and Rory on that scale yet.

But I have heard rumors that there will be a special that will show the time war with the 8.5 Doctor. Half-human/half-time lord Tennant and I think Rose will be in it and it'll explain why The Doctor doesn't want to discuss the Time War that much and will cover exactly what he did during it. I think he's supposed to have some elements of both the 8th and 9th doctors, but I can't remember what. Has anyone heard about this?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #58 on: 15 Oct 2013, 12:00 »

But by far my favorite companion is River Song. My second favorite is Capt. Jack, then Martha, Donna, Rose, Mickey.

This list is boss.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #59 on: 18 Oct 2013, 11:30 »

It seems I have great things to look forward to :o I've just resumed watching the reboot--which I'd unintentionally abandoned way back when Eccleston played the Doctor--from series 6 and am LOVING it! I lured the wife in and soon thereafter Amy quickly established herself as one of our very few celebrity crushes <3 I'm also enjoying seeing Badger in an unusually likeable role :o
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #60 on: 18 Oct 2013, 11:45 »

Canton.  Everett.  Delaware.  The Third.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #61 on: 18 Oct 2013, 12:20 »

When you said Badger I thought of this guy:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LookingIn

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #62 on: 19 Oct 2013, 09:00 »

Honestly I've never really understood the Doctor/Amy relationship. I think it all became more complicated when
(click to show/hide)

I didn't see much of Clara yet (I've only watched the first eight episodes of the 7th season yet), but I think she's alright.

Also I realised how much I don't like the episodes of the sixth season when I was looking for an episode to rewatch while on the bus. I randomly skipped through almost all of them until I opened "The Doctor's Wife" and decided that that was an acceptable episode…

You absolutely must see the Christmas special and her episodes to understand the 50th Anniversary Special and why she is special in the world of Doctor Who...
(click to show/hide)

LookingIn

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #63 on: 19 Oct 2013, 09:08 »

Capaldi not only acted in the show once, but he as a major character in Torchwood's series 3: Children of Men as the character "Frobisher"

If you are familiar with the old show, you will remember when Romana regenerated when Lala Ward took over the role. Her second form was a copy of a character from the preceeding serial meaning they can take their forms based on people they encounter from their lives.  The Sixth Doctor is another example of this, as Colin Baker was in the serial "Arc of Infinity" as Commander Maxil.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up