THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broadchurch  (Read 2369 times)

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
Broadchurch
« on: 12 Mar 2013, 19:49 »

Anyone in the UK, or outside the UK able to trick the internet into letting you watch UK only content, you should definitely start watching ITV's new drama Broadchurch. As long as you can get over the inherent comic value of west country accents, it's pretty gritty stuff with an ensemble of some rather awesome British talent. Here is a link to Episode 1! https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/broadchurch/series-1/episode-1
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Broadchurch
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2013, 01:29 »

I have it recorded, to watch after the BBC's Mayday - which is turning out to be a drama of family mistrusts.  The missing child is almost incidental once one realises that every family suspects one of their own members of being the culprit.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2013, 06:31 »

Yeah my Mum has recommended I watch May Day.

Geez, there is some good British drama about at the moment. I never used to think much of anything the BBC put out until I watched The Shadow Line, and since then I've given most British television a lot more creedence.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2013, 04:20 »

I think ITV's recent resurgence was more of a surprise to me. BBC was always kind of hit and miss but the hits were good. And no breaks!

Mr Selfridge is bloody awful though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up