THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 3204 times)

Nikolai

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • H-Hello? Is this thing on?
The War Z
« on: 17 Dec 2012, 13:21 »

Has anybody heard of/tried this? If so, how is it? And if not, is anyone else interested? It looks to be essentially a stand-alone game ripped off from the DayZ mod for Arma 2. My next extra cash might go towards picking it up, just wondering if some of y'all have previous experience or would be interested in joining forces.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
Re: The War Z
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2012, 16:05 »

You suddenly have a great deal of my attention.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2012, 01:55 »

It shows up on Steam without having been announced, without being out of development, and missing a great deal of advertised features. Details here.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2012, 11:08 »

The last few days have not done this game any good

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2012, 12:54 »

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2012, 13:25 »

I don't know if any of you know my mate Charlie. He likes dancing. His favorite is the foxtrot.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2012, 14:08 »

Developer says that people 'misread' features that were clearly stated as available and/or implemented on the Steam page. Game is now no longer available to purchase.

I can't remember the last time I've seen such a clusterfuck of a game release.

Choice quotes:

“At the same time it was clear that there were a number of customers that felt that information about the game was presented in a way that could have allowed for multiple interpretations.

“We've taken steps to correct this and format information presented on our Steam Store page in a way so it provides more clear information about game features that are present in the Foundation Release and what to expect in the coming weeks.

“We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread information about game features.

In an interview with GameSpy, Titov said those who feel they've been misled should contact Valve and ask for a refund. But he did so through gritted teeth: “I'm sure there'll be people who will look into small details and will say, 'no I was misled,' where in fact they imagined something to themselves without checking details first,” he said.

“I'm sure that Steam have its refund policies that should handle those situations.”

What a complete and utter prick.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2012, 14:13 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2012, 14:17 »

Quote from: The EULA, apprently
ONCE YOU AGREE TO THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AND THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THE GAME (THE "EULA") AND SERVICE FOR THE GAME COMMENCES, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND FOR ANY AMOUNTS OR OTHER CONSIDERATION PAID BY YOU FOR THE USE (OR FUTURE USE) OF THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2012, 15:49 »

They can write that in their EULA as much as they like, they still have to follow the laws of the country the game was sold in.

Yeah, this is apparently a mess. They probably ran out of money and didn't get any more investor funding, and then just decided to ship in alpha to save their asses. Which would have been a completely cool thing to do if the game  clearly stated that it was in alpha, and you were basically getting in early for pre-purchasing. You know, beta testing. They do that these days, people would probably not have been that outraged if they had to pre-purchase to get in.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2012, 16:42 »

Well that's just pretty fucked up.  Got me all excited for nothing.

Damn it.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up