THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 544081 times)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

I, uh, supposedly could read at the age of four.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

Same here. My sister taught me reading as soon as she got to school.  The stuff she learned in school in the morning she'd teach me in the afternoon.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Had a job interview today that I think went well; It was with HR, but then they asked me to stay and talk with the manager for the position. 

I also got a rejection from another job I applied to.  It seemed like a really good fit, and my professor (/guy who has me on the hook to maybe hire me) recommended I apply to it, and the rejection was actually a personal email from the department head, which is great, and not the protocol for the university, so I appreciate that.  She said she liked my application but this was a senior position and so a recent graduate was not a good fit, but that I should keep my eye out for other positions in the department in the future.  I'm a little frustrated by that because the posting said they wanted a BA plus 3 years exp, and I have an MS plus 6 months.  I thought that would be close enough for an interview at least, but alas. 

Also, it is my birthday, so I am going out for dinner and drinks and will try not to worry about this employment situation for a few days.
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Loki

• comeback tour!

Huh. You seem to share birthdays with another person on the forum.

Congratulations!

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Gratulerer med dagen, Kat! You also share your birthday with my best friend, who is turning 26 today and I realised we've been best friends since we were 7, so we'll have our 20 year best friend anniversary next year. Pretty neat!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

So today I made some fine, yet slightly scary, experiences. I drove to a town about 50km away. I rented a car for that (I'm using a carsharing service, they're quite cheap, and you don't pay gas, only km and time), to be precise a BMW 1 series. Those things are pretty nice, they make you feel extremely safe. On the return trip, shortly before leaving the town I got into my first vehicle spot check. Not a problem at all, I had my license with me, the car's registration is always in the car with this carsharing service, and I didn't drink anything. Still made my heart race a little bit when I saw the police with their flashlights direct me to the side. Anyway, the officers were really nice (they inquired a little bit about the carsharing service, probably to make sure that I'm really a customer and didn't steal the car), and it didn't take me long to be on the Autobahn. I took the country road (apparently there is no exact translation of the word Landstraße) on the way to the town, so I didn't spend long on the Autobahn then. The return trip on the other hand I stayed on the Autobahn. And like I said, these cars make you feel terribly safe. Maybe a little too safe, because I went faster than I ever went before. No problem at all, I never felt out of control of the car, the road was empty except for some trucks, and I always had the left lane to avoid slower cars overtaking the trucks. Still, driving at 200km/h (about 125mph) is pretty stressful on it's own. Most of the time I was driving at about 150km/h (93mph), but there were two long straight parts which allowed me to drive that fast. I wouldn't dream of driving that fast during the day, when it isn't as easy to mind the traffic. During the day I mostly keep to the recommended 130km/h (80mph). Still, the Autobahn is pretty great as it's quite safe, and basically everybody is driving relatively carefully. But still, like it always is with the Autobahn, no matter how fast you are, there is always somebody faster. I was overtaken several times. Mostly by Mercedes sports cars. Anyway. A very interesting experience, good to know a little bit more about how it feels at such extreme velocities, and good to know that I definitely shouldn't do this during the day. Not that I would have tried that otherwise, but still.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I always thought what was more important than speed limits is control. If I know I don't have control over my car, I have to drive slower.

Loki

• comeback tour!

As a side-note, the human body isn't really made to measure speed - only acceleration. So it feels comfortable at most speeds, as long as they are constant.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I always thought what was more important than speed limits is control. If I know I don't have control over my car, I have to drive slower.

In what way would you be lacking control if you're behind the wheel?  :psyduck:
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Loki

• comeback tour!

If, for example, the car was drifting to the right or left because of technical faults, or if control was reduced due to slippery road or somesuch.

I am no driver, mind, so I have no idea whether that was what Ankh meant.

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->

I've slowed down over rough road surfaces because I felt I didn't have sufficient control of the vehicle. Same for a road that changes quickly from being a clear straight line to twisty with off camber corners.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

As a side-note, the human body isn't really made to measure speed - only acceleration. So it feels comfortable at most speeds, as long as they are constant.
We can't always feel the acceleration.  It sometimes depends on the mass of what we're on versus the rate of acceleration.  I remember the first time I took a flatmate's Jag on the motorway, I was doing 130 MPH before I looked down at the speed.  I didn't feel any of it (well, a 3 tonne car will do that, even with a V12 under the bonnet).  With a smaller car with the same power to weight ratio, I know I would have felt it, especially since I was used to driving small vehicles with a worse p/w ratio and noticing the acceleration.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

If, for example, the car was drifting to the right or left because of technical faults, or if control was reduced due to slippery road or somesuch.

I am no driver, mind, so I have no idea whether that was what Ankh meant.
That'd be a little extreme. When you're driving you notice how well the car follows your "commands". The sideways acceleration when you're driving a curve, how easily you can keep the lane, stuff like that. When you're in a curve and you notice that you need to actively need to watch out so you don't leave the lane (in contrast to the almost subconscious turns of the wheel one always does), or you feel like the curve is too narrow you're definitely going too fast.
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Definitely what Ankh, Loki and The Seldom Killer said. If at any point during a drive I feel like I'm going to fast to still drive comfortably (be it road conditions, obstacles, tight turns, or, hey, other drivers (I'm in Turkey atm)), I have to slow down. If you feel your car isn't doing what you want it to, you HAVE to slow down.

Driving can be fun (it is for me, always) but it is a privilege and should be treated as such. If you're driving beyond your abilities you're endangering your fellow drivers and yourself.

The fastest I've ever driven was 240 km/h (approx 150 miles per hour) and it was crayzayyy, I was driving my dads' Mercedes S300 Turbodiesel 1997 and it felt like I was riding on a train. No other car I drove was ever this smooth.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

We can't always feel the acceleration.  It sometimes depends on the mass of what we're on versus the rate of acceleration.  I remember the first time I took a flatmate's Jag on the motorway, I was doing 130 MPH before I looked down at the speed.  I didn't feel any of it (well, a 3 tonne car will do that, even with a V12 under the bonnet).  With a smaller car with the same power to weight ratio, I know I would have felt it, especially since I was used to driving small vehicles with a worse p/w ratio and noticing the acceleration.

130 MPH?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

In what way would you be lacking control if you're behind the wheel?  :psyduck:

I often speed quite a bit. I know, it's illegal and dangerous. But it's FUN, damn it.

Anyway, the faster I go, the harder it is to make turns, avoid other cars, etc. I have a fairly new (2012) car, so going fast doesn't make much difference to the car, unless I get over 100 mph. That's when things get a little shaky and it feels like I will have a harder time doing anything but going in a straight line.

On that note, I recently got a speeding ticket for going 87 mph in a 65 mph zone. I had been going 100 mph and slowed down when I saw the cop.

Also on that note, I believe I may have borderline personality disorder, and one of the ways it is manifesting is being reckless.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

The Seldom Killer

Not sure if recklessness is an indicator of personality disorder. I often aim to break the 50mph barrier on my bike which probably carries a higher risk of death if you were to crash than at 100mph in the protective shell of a car. Of course if I crash there's a lower risk that I'll harm someone else so I would encourage you to express your recklessness in an appropriate environment.

But back to the point, I don't think I have a personality disorder. I am a bit of an asshat though.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder#Behavior

In this case, recklessness absolutely can be linked to a personality disorder. It isn't always, of course, and I am self-diagnosing so I could certainly be wrong. It's also not the only reason I think I have that particular disorder.

I don't know where I can find an appropriate environment for being reckless.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

The Seldom Killer

In your own car? track days, simple rally courses, accessing a local skid pan if you have one. Obviously the more formal motor sports carry their own excitement. High speed descending on a road bike necessarily demands a reasonable degree of fitness so instant gratification is rarely an option. Downhill mountain biking on the otherhand offers a greater myriad of thrills and quite a few places come with chair lifts to take you from bottom to top. YMWV

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder#Behavior

In this case, recklessness absolutely can be linked to a personality disorder. It isn't always, of course, and I am self-diagnosing so I could certainly be wrong. It's also not the only reason I think I have that particular disorder.

I don't know where I can find an appropriate environment for being reckless.
Is recklessness tied to speeding for you? otherwise there's always base jumping/parachute jumping/what'sthatthingwiththejumpingofbridgeswithacordtiedtoyourankles/...stuff.../MMA.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

So I would really like to get into audio engineering a little. I used to be the person responsible for my schools theatre and event sound system (I was also responsible for the theatre lighting, but I'd like to focus on sound now), which sparked my interest. Currently I want to learn more about recording and mastering. On the same page I'm considering starting a podcast, but I haven't decided on a topic yet. I have a Rřde M3 and a (pretty shitty and oversized) mixer (it's a Behringer one which introduces some noise, but it supplies the phantom power and contains a USB audio interface as well). I just lack material to record. I might record some guitar pieces, but there aren't many good pieces I can play, and recording training pieces doesn't seem worth the hassle.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

130 MPH?
In context, I was used to little cars where you'd have to floor the thing just to get it up to a more normal speed, so habit kicked-in when I was driving the Jag.   At that time, I had already done SF to Davis, CA in 45 minutes in a Honda, so I *was* used to speeding, but with the powerful car that wasn't mine, I tried to be careful, so the excessive speed was an accident.  'Course, some folks I have known who are used to the autobahn consider 130 MPH to be a comfortable cruising speed.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male

? I've never heard of speeding described as a personality disorder ?

the fastest I've ever been was 160 MPH (257 KpH) in a NASCAR series race car.
http://www.drivepetty.com/race-tracks/charlotte-motor-speedway
Even with a highly trained driver behind the wheel, that is a bit hairy.

As a police officer, I had a transmission suffer a catastrophic failure while in pursuit: speed was about 115 MPH (185KpH)  Almost made me lose control, and a following squad car was also put out of pursuit when it caught transmission debris through the radiator.

in my POV, my fastest was 118 MPH (190 KpH) in my Dodge Intrepid ES.  I had plenty of power and acceleration left  under the pedal, I just ran out of clear straightaway.  It's one thing to risk my neck.  Totally unacceptable to endanger another driver.

Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

So I would really like to get into audio engineering a little. I used to be the person responsible for my schools theatre and event sound system (I was also responsible for the theatre lighting, but I'd like to focus on sound now), which sparked my interest. Currently I want to learn more about recording and mastering. On the same page I'm considering starting a podcast, but I haven't decided on a topic yet. I have a Rřde M3 and a (pretty shitty and oversized) mixer (it's a Behringer one which introduces some noise, but it supplies the phantom power and contains a USB audio interface as well). I just lack material to record. I might record some guitar pieces, but there aren't many good pieces I can play, and recording training pieces doesn't seem worth the hassle.

It's a good place to start! Hearing those records might be what inspires you to become better at playing the guitar.

Besides, nobody expects you to record a Stairway to Heaven on your first try. In fact I'll send you the first thing I ever recorded via pm (it's too horrible to post here).

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

1974 Ford Maverick coupe - 1700 pounds, with a 302 in3 V8 under the hood - a non-standard option.  The thing was grossly overpowered. 

It was September, 1982 on a long, clear stretch of the Ohio Turnpike, and when that Corvette passed me, I took it as a challenge.  We played leapfrog, passing each other several times.  I'll never know exactly how fast I was going, the speedo only went up to 120 mph, and I sprang it when I got past that point. 

Fortunately, after leaving the vette well behind on my last pass, my exit came up.  I slowed and got int the exit lane towards the ramp, and sure enough the corvette showed up. 

Pursued by two Ohio state troopers. 

They never even gave my little Maverick a second look...

:angel:

Fixed your tags - B
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2014, 01:35 by Barmymoo »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Speeding is not a personality disorder, but by speeding you are assuming an increased risk, and a doing so recklessly can be a symptom.

Today I went to a book release party which was lovely and anxiety inducing. It was the sort of event which reminded me of my weird position wrt class. There was live jazz and a lovely spread of expensive snacks: meats and cheeses mostly but not the cheap ones. There was wine and mingling professionals, and I felt a bit awkward being unemployed.

This was all the more awkward because the event was partially hosted by the company I interviewed with but am still waiting to hear about. At one point I was in a circle with the two owners of that company, who both interviewed me, and a stranger who asked me where I work, and I said " I'm unaffiliated at the moment " but felt weird about it. I recently decided that networking is just business flirting, and this was the equivalent of having had a second date with someone where you make out, and you both express interest in a third date, but then a month for by and you see each other at a friend's party and you both pretend there is nothing going on, and then someone asks "are you seeing anyone?" And it's more awkward.
At the end the one guy did a sorry we didn't get to talk, we should sometime thing, and my god it's just like sex flirting, only I'm bad at this because I'm invested and self contious and unsure of the protocols.
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

unsure of the protocols.

For someone who just dissected the situation perfectly, I think you have a firm grip on the protocols.  It really is just like flirting - the lines are drawn by the other party, and the only way to find them is to trip over them.  Advance with caution... the stakes are higher for you than for them, but you knew that, or you wouldn't be feeling unsure about it. 

I wish I could be more help, but I'm a klutz at both kinds of flirting anyway. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I had my opticians appointment, and I'm getting glasses with a prism in them to correct what seems likely to be a binocular issue, but they're sending me to the hospital for more thorough checks just in case it's something more serious. I was impressed by the branch manager, she was efficient whilst being friendly and very helpful when I had to choose frames. I've ended up with some brown squareish half frames, and some reddish full frames. I preferred the brown ones, but both the women working in the shop preferred the red, so I got both since the second pair was half price anyway and I'm good at breaking things.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Fastest I've ever driven was 115mph and that was on I5 on my way to Coachella last year. We made it there from Livermore in less than 6 hours. We left at 10pm and never saw a single cop til we hit the Grapevine heading into Los Angeles. I'll never forget that drive.

Sent from my Spacephone using Tapatalk
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

With me, stability has always been the issue with my cars. I've gone over 100 mph a few times, but the speedos on most of my cars purchased over the last 25 years didn't go much higher.
Just another Joe like 46

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Speeding is not a personality disorder, but by speeding you are assuming an increased risk, and a doing so recklessly can be a symptom.

Exactly. Thank you for explaining that so well.

Is recklessness tied to speeding for you? otherwise there's always base jumping/parachute jumping/what'sthatthingwiththejumpingofbridgeswithacordtiedtoyourankles/...stuff.../MMA.

It's difficult for me to identify where I'm being reckless on my own. It's mostly defined by others, and then I go, "oh yeah I guess that is pretty darn reckless." I am also terrified of all those things. I have been smoking a lot of pot, having a lot of unprotected sex, and speeding a lot. My therapist says that I am being overly reckless. I think I'm having fun, but my therapist thinks it's more than that.

The Seldom Killer

Probably complicated by the point that individually those things would be fun on their own. However, if they're developing into a pattern of behaviour then recklessness can become an issue. Most people will do something reckless every now and again but if you're demonstrating a developing pattern of behaviour then there's the associated risk of escalation. So yes, you're having fun, but how you derive that fun could develop into harmful behaviour. Hopefully your therapist will be able to offer some valuable direction on this.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Why did I agree to do an 8 hour floor shift at the second shop instead of my normal office work? I know why, because I think I'm useless and am terrified of disappointing people, but I was just talking last night about how I was hoping to get out of customer service if my money situation improves. I don't want to open the option of doing floor work in the other shop as well.

Active Madness

• Balloon animal serial killer

I'm going to sound like a real stick-in-the-mud, but the fastest I've ever driven is 100km/h. I'm always a fairly cautious driver and my car is reasonably old, so I always tend to stick on the speed limit or very slightly over it. That said, I'm not one of those knobsacks who'll drive slowly in the overtaking lane, that's just plain being an asshat.

Mind you, there's a guy who always seems to end up behind me driving to work who always tries to tailgate me. I'm talking he's pretty much sitting in my back seat. So, if there's nobody else on the road I'll slow right down out of sheer vindictiveness because tailgating tends to make me super anxious.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Well I am now one wisdom tooth down - the actual extraction was mildly uncomfortable (mostly because the dentist kept trapping my lip on the other side of my mouth between my jaw and the whatever-it-was thing that he was using to get the tooth out) and it's now seven hours later and I've not taken any pain killers. The anaesthetic was weird, my mouth was numb and I couldn't smile properly for the first hour or so. Now I've got a slight ache where the tooth was and might take a couple of paracetamol before I go out in two hours. It could have been far worse!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Screw the paracetemol, if you want to destroy your liver, booze is a much better friend.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

I can never remember which it is... is paracetamol what us Americans call Tylenol or ibuprofen? Ibuprofen is better than Tylenol for this (especially because too much Tylenol can mess up your liver...)
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

There must be ... fifty ways to love your liver.

(Drink lots of Jack, Mac,
Down a RobRoy Boy,
Take swills of Whiskey, Lee,
Take a break to pee.)
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Tyolnol or acietomephen.  But either way, it craps out your body.  Sadly, most opiate painkillers (like the type that are at least here done after tooth extractions) are cut with that shit…  Guess it's to punish those who might become addicts.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics

Yeah, the painkillers they gave me after my wisdom tooth extraction was cut with tylenol. I quit taking it as soon as I could and switched to ibuprofen. The downside of ibuprofen, though, is if you take it for more than a couple days it gives you an upset stomach. I'd rather have that, though, than liver damage.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I don't think taking 1g of paracetamol is going to do me too much harm, guys. I don't drink alcohol, and I probably take no more than 10g of paracetamol in a year, if that. I don't have any ibuprofen.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Wait, you're from the UK and *don't* drink like a school of fish.  I am now officially bewildered.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I have never seen a school (or indeed a shoal) of fish drinking, so I can't tell you whether we do so similarly or not ;)

I drink very rarely, and could quite happily never drink again. In fact I might easily not do. I didn't realise British people particularly had a reputation for drinking a lot?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Screw the paracetemol, if you want to destroy your liver, booze is a much better friend.
I can never remember which it is... is paracetamol what us Americans call Tylenol or ibuprofen? Ibuprofen is better than Tylenol for this (especially because too much Tylenol can mess up your liver...)
Tylenol is the brand name for paracetamol. Ibuprofen is a stronger painkiller but as I recall it can also cause heart problems. Basically there's no painkiller that doesn't have a risk of killing you one way or another, so pick your poison.

Personally I only took ibuprofen after my jaw surgery and for everything else I stick to aspirins.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss

They have different mechanisms of action and comparable efficacy for their respective indications. Paracetamol 1gx3-4 for a few days is just fine for most people whose aliases begin with "Barmy" :o
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I turned out not to have any paracetamol either, so it was a choice between flu medication and co-codamol. I went with the latter. It is not as strong as I had anticipated but on the plus side I did not have the horrible side effects my mum kept telling me I'd get (she's allergic, so I was cautious).

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Oh. Just for the record the fastest I've ever gone in something I've personally been in control of is just around 315 MPH.

Swing with the wing baby, swing with the wing.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I turned out not to have any paracetamol either, so it was a choice between flu medication and co-codamol. I went with the latter.

That is in any case paracetamol and codeine; it's also my go-to painkiller (though I rarely use a painkiller anyway).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Funny, I thought it was called "acetaminophen."

And I use Tramadol, thankyewverramuch. But back when I had my wisdom teeth chiseled out (yes, chiseled; those mothers were impacted in the back on the one side), the dentist gave me Brett Favre's favorite pain medication, Vicodin.

Tramadol has since climbed the ladder in the FDA's schedule of controlled medications, but I'm okay with that. It knocks out the back pain when I get a flare-up.
Just another Joe like 46

cesium133

• Cesium Comics

Eh, I usually end up just calling it tylenol (it's a genericized brand name like aspirin, right?)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 98   Go Up