THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 12:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag  (Read 18423 times)

Aethien

• Curry sauce
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
« on: 28 Feb 2013, 09:06 »

It looks pretty fucking badass.

Kind of lame about the 60 minute bonus content for PS3 but whatever, that won't get me to buy a PS3 so I'll have to do without.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2013, 12:11 »

I just saw this!  :parrot:

knd of silly considering they said desmond is done...but its connor's grandfather

also nice avatar.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2013, 18:41 »

I'm pretty excited since the Aquila portions were the best in the last game.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2013, 10:54 »

Aaaaand, I think that makes AC3 the last that I'll purchase in the line.  Sorry, but a pirate's life is not for me in an AC game.

Ah well, I still have plenty of other games to get.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Aethien

• Curry sauce
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2013, 12:39 »

Why not? Seems like that's a good explanation for how the family ended up in the states. Plus, there's a lot of potential awesome and a new type of environment. It's also made by the same guys who made Brotherhood and Revelations so I've got good hopes that it'll avoid the lololpirate cliches.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2013, 16:31 »

looks interesting. perhaps no animus in this one? since they said Desmond's story is over?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 04 Mar 2013, 08:55 »

First reports, at least Kotaku, are saying it's gonna be a lot like Wind Waker. Which, in my mind, makes it even better

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2013, 02:21 »

This is the first AC game I've been pumped for in awhile, AC3 was... just not good imho. Put my pre order in though, and got a sweet map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5TXyJlEMc

Yarr!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2013, 17:14 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:15 »

And don't forget this one
Not a valid youtube URL

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #12 on: 11 Jun 2013, 17:10 »

@ Blue Kitty

i know its just a cinematic trailer but it really looks awesome.  Ah the french.  Good games and cool enough to put themselves in getting slaughtered.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jun 2013, 20:55 »

I get to kill Englishmen? Bloody hell!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #14 on: 14 Jun 2013, 15:15 »

english, spanish, french, you killem all for their booty!
(click to show/hide)

also interesting interview (the guy talking near the end is annoying but still some interesting bits)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnK3mZG3PyI

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2013, 15:35 »

Damn, but I'd love me some larceny on the high seas . . . *sighs* so many games, so little money.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

KingOfIreland

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Artist formerly known as Tuathal
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jun 2013, 09:44 »

That ship seems to be more of a speedboat than a sailing ship, I must say.
"Cock's Fresh Prepared steak"

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jun 2013, 23:47 »

Want an early 1900s one where one of your marks is a certain archduke. Then maybe I'll play free running with killing every once in a while again.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2013, 00:06 »

Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing a Creed game where they just splash the grey area all over. It'd be pretty cool.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #19 on: 24 Jun 2013, 05:28 »

considering the templars want to dominate and control, the map pre and post WW1 kind of shows the assassin's handy work for people to govern themselves... particularly in eastern Europe.  Hell after WW2 the british and french Empires started to break apart into their own governments (peacefully so with elections and stuff for the most part).

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #21 on: 09 Sep 2013, 13:28 »

So they are making an Assassin's Creed movie due out in late spring/early summer 2015 produced and staring Michael Fassbender and written by the guy who did the Bourne movies.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #22 on: 09 Sep 2013, 18:25 »

I am surprisingly okay with this.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2013, 09:58 »

Hannah trying out AC:4 on the PS4

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: 27 Oct 2013, 19:17 »

Only two more days!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #25 on: 29 Oct 2013, 16:32 »

Got my copy! On deck you slobbering lubbers! I want full canvas!

Now bring me that horizon.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #26 on: 29 Oct 2013, 19:47 »

Hannah trying out AC:4 on the PS4

What a dull demo. I don't give a shit about shooting small mammals - show me combat, assassinations, sword fights, acrobatics. I already know the graphics are good and the game is set on tropical islands and boats.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #27 on: 29 Oct 2013, 21:22 »

I concur the demo in that vid was weak. Lots of stabbing and sword play to go about in game though! Woo!

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 Nov 2013, 10:59 »

I will be displeased if this game does not have Henry Rollins talking like a pirate somewhere in it.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #29 on: 08 Nov 2013, 22:31 »

How I play Assassin's Creed 4:
"Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out."
-Captain Jack Sparrow

So before the game came out Green Peace flipped shit because there is whaling in the game. I can safely say that the whaling "mini game" is absolutely disgusting and brutal. It may in fact be one of the best awareness raising devices I have EVER seen for just the concept of how terrible a practice whaling really is. It's just... ugh.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #30 on: 09 Nov 2013, 09:17 »

Protip: You can pet the animals like in Assassin's Creed 3, but do not pet the crocodiles

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #31 on: 09 Nov 2013, 17:47 »

Ugh, I can't wait for my next gen console to get paid off. So that I can sink money into this. Because pirates.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #32 on: 11 Nov 2013, 15:00 »

I may have to say fuck AC1-3 and just get black flag

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #33 on: 11 Nov 2013, 16:33 »

Hardcore. I might actually buy that DLC.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #34 on: 12 Nov 2013, 14:20 »

The game came out less than two weeks ago, and they're already hyping DLC? That's some impressive money grubbing right there.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #35 on: 12 Nov 2013, 14:30 »

Welcome to modern game development?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #36 on: 12 Nov 2013, 14:59 »

considering they announced black flag a month after AC3 came out, I am going to agree with GM here.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #37 on: 12 Nov 2013, 17:08 »

The game came out less than two weeks ago, and they're already hyping DLC? That's some impressive money grubbing right there.

There was a preview for it on the main menu on the first day I got the game.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #38 on: 12 Nov 2013, 20:18 »

the cripple and boarding tutorial was harder than the actual crippling and boarding!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #39 on: 12 Nov 2013, 20:40 »

Mmmmm few things more satisfying then taken a 100 gun galleon and having the "win condition" be destroying her ensign. Standing on the top of the mast in the midst of the sea, that is some cinematic, victoriouness right there.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #40 on: 12 Nov 2013, 21:28 »

just a guess
(click to show/hide)
or did I imagine it?

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #41 on: 13 Nov 2013, 12:47 »

Is anyone else having a hard time harpooning? I almost killed the White Whale, which I guess is one of the hardest, but he keeps destroying the boat

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #42 on: 13 Nov 2013, 19:34 »

Yes. I find the minigame quite difficult. In many respects.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #43 on: 15 Nov 2013, 19:54 »

Oh man, the lower your wanted level option when boarding ships has the best animatic. The people are all tied up and you cut their ropes to free them, and they look so confused. One of your crew gives a guy a big hug as you shake the captain's hand. "No hard feelings mate, just wanted to blast some holes in your ship"

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #44 on: 15 Nov 2013, 20:14 »

yeah I laughed at the spaniard's confused-shocked-scared look when he got the bear hug.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #45 on: 15 Nov 2013, 20:19 »

That animation never ceases to be hilarious.

(click to show/hide)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #46 on: 01 Dec 2013, 10:21 »

Chorus:
    Help me Bob I'm bully in the alley. Way, hey, bully in the alley.
    Help me Bob I'm bully in the alley. Bully down in Shinbone Al.

Sally is a girl that I loved dearly, (Way, hey, bully in the alley)
    Sally is a girl that I spliced nearly, (Bully down in Shinbone Al)

For seven long years I courted Sally, (Way, hey, bully in the alley)
    All she did was dilly-dally, (Bully down in Shinbone Al)

I left Sal and I went a-sailing. (Way, hey, bully in the alley)
    Signed on a big ship, I went a-whaling, (Bully down in Shinbone Al)

If I ever get back to her I'll marry little Sally. (Way, hey, bully in the alley)
    Have six kids and live in Shinbone Alley (Bully down in Shinbone Al)

I thought I heard the old man saying, (Way, hey, bully in the alley)
    One more chorus then we're belaying, (Bully down in Shinbone Al)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #47 on: 01 Dec 2013, 16:32 »

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

So I just beat it and I enjoyed it, but I kind of wish the out-of-game character had some personality.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #48 on: 04 Dec 2013, 06:58 »

Mannnnnnn, I just got this for the Xbone, and it makes me really, really wish I hadn't lost my tricorne moving back to my hometown all that time ago. Fecking loving it so far.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #49 on: 04 Dec 2013, 07:17 »

Btw, am I the only one who pronounces it X-bone? By the way you capitalized it seems you do too, but it still makes me chuckle.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up