THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 01:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum-D&D?  (Read 33718 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

Re: Forum-D&D?
« Reply #101 on: 25 Nov 2013, 11:20 »

I feel sad now.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #102 on: 25 Nov 2013, 13:40 »

indeed

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #103 on: 25 Nov 2013, 16:36 »

I know, I wasn't sure if I should, but it'd do her no honor to forget all the times she made us smile.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

kyomi

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
« Reply #104 on: 26 Nov 2013, 10:01 »

This has been going back and forth.. it'd be awesome if someone could set up a skype thing or something. I miss playing D&D so much :/

TheEvilDog

« Reply #105 on: 27 Nov 2013, 08:51 »

Why not set it up yourself?

I'm serious.

I can't run a game, I barely have time to post on here and I know that a lot of people that were involved don't have much time either. So if you've got a hankering for some tankering, set up your own game.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #106 on: 27 Nov 2013, 08:58 »

Uh... I have a source book I'd be willing to run a game for... you probably won't like it though
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #107 on: 27 Nov 2013, 10:04 »

I'd be up for playing.

I would throw my hat in to DM, I've got all the materials, but I've never actually run a game before, and I'd prefer if my first time wasn't with all participants being thousands of miles away.

What's the source book, Garand?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

PthariensFlame

• Larger than most fish
  • I ♥ van Laarhoven lenticuloid families!
    • Chirex Formens/Chirex Ialtens
« Reply #108 on: 27 Nov 2013, 13:13 »

I have run a game before, but only in person, and the campaign setting was definitely non-standard (as in, I created it mostly from scratch).  I would be up to doing a post-by-post game, but it would be very intermittent and, of course, much slower than being around an actual table.

As a side note, I must say, I much prefer being DM to being a player; worldbuilding is a major joy for me, much more so than straight role-playing.
Quote from: Anne McCaffrey
Honor those the dragons heed
In thought and favor, word and deed.
Worlds are lost or worlds are saved
From those dangers dragon-braved.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #109 on: 27 Nov 2013, 14:29 »

Well uh... it's the SLUT system, and the game is Busty Barbarian Bimbos. A sense of humor is mandatory, and if you can't guess it's a very... math light game system >.>;
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #110 on: 27 Nov 2013, 15:22 »

Maybe keep it as an... Option B?

(A quick google reveals "Tittiemancy" is a thing in that game?)

@PthariensFlame: Yeah, world building is something I find incredibly fun, which is why I've been trying to convince local friends that PnP RPG's are fun to play so I can give it a shot.

I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #111 on: 27 Nov 2013, 15:26 »

I'd be interested in running a Numenera Post by Play. It's probably harder to do than D&D since there won't be any rules available online - it's quite new - but I love the setting and the ruleset looks pretty amazing.

Also if anyone else want to pick up the D&D game we had going, or make a different one, that would be great - I really fell in love with the Halfling I rolled.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #112 on: 27 Nov 2013, 16:14 »

Maybe keep it as an... Option B?

(A quick google reveals "Tittiemancy" is a thing in that game?)

Oh yeah. Welcome to /tg/ kiddies.

For the curious: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Busty_Barbarian_Bimbos

I find it comparable to Cards Against Humanity. If you're playing with the right people you won't stop laughing. If you aren't it's going to be a singularly painful experience.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #113 on: 29 Nov 2013, 14:02 »

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #114 on: 29 Nov 2013, 14:47 »

I'd be in on a game over Skype. When the last game started I had to drop out real soon because I didn't have time, but currently I have time en masse. So if anyone would be up for DMing, I'm in.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #115 on: 13 Dec 2013, 20:22 »

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys.

I have something special. I have in my hands a copy of Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle, the D&D Next preview. I am now accepting applications for party members. I am willing to DM. Prepare your bodies.

We will be using the pre-generated characters included in the book for ease of use.

The following are the pre-generated characters available.
Human Cleric
Human Mage
Human Fighter
Dwarf Fighter
Elf Mage
Halfling Rogue

Character sheets can be found here:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dndnext.aspx

Along with all the other shit you'll need to familiarize yourself with the current level of playtest rules for D&D Next. However be warned, Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle is a few iterations back (the book was released at GenCon) and since I don't feel like digging too hard into the playtesting material the book's word is law... barring the DM getting a chuckle out of your idea. Or his own. If you /really/ want to roll your own character (Yes we know you just /need/ to be your Elvish Cross Class Ranger/Mage... oh wait... that's me) shoot me a PM and we'll work it out. (By work it out I mean, gimme the paperwork and we'll see).

The campaign is designed for 4-6 players, but if we have more then that I will make it work somehow.

No sneaking about and reading the campaign book either! While I will be using the campaign... I will probably be throwing you some curve balls or running you off on a side quest or two.

While Skype or Vent is a (high bandwidth) possibility, I am considering using Roll 20, an online program a friend of mine used for a GURPS campaign I participated in.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #116 on: 13 Dec 2013, 22:06 »

i are intrigued

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #117 on: 14 Dec 2013, 04:54 »

So am I. Very much so. Haven't taken a look at the rules yet, but I'll probably be in either way. Sign me up!
Also calling elf mage.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2013, 10:48 by ChaoSera »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #118 on: 14 Dec 2013, 23:57 »

TheEvilDog

« Reply #119 on: 15 Dec 2013, 15:46 »

Like I've said before, I won't be able to run a game for some time yet (despite the fact that winter is our off season, its also our busiest because we're preparing for festivals all next year).

That being said, the games I would be able to play, if anyone is interested, are:
Pathfinder
Dark Heresy
Deathwatch
Black Crusade
Dragon Age

So if anyone is interested, I might be able to put around the basis of a simple campaign. We're talking about March/April here, so it might seem far off, but given the time I can spare it should give me a little leeway to prepare.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #120 on: 17 Dec 2013, 22:02 »

so apparently this is a thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd_%28role-playing_game%29

is it a thing we could do?

kyomi

« Reply #121 on: 18 Dec 2013, 07:43 »

Dude.. Judge Dredd D&D would be awesome (haven't looked at it yet, just the mental image of it).

I'm more for D&D.. I'm always up for something.. I'd like to be a non-human character and some sort of spell caster like sorcerer/ess, depending on the rolls.

Definately up for skype.. I have a laptop with a camera I can use.  Send me a PM if anything does get started please.. I have a bad habit of forgetting to check this thread.

I'm not very good with DMing.. I like being a player more.  I've also got a Slayers (anime) D20 book that I was planning to use for creating a MUD like game that never really came to be.

Garand: That is exactly why I love D&D.. the random hilariousness

TheEvilDog

« Reply #122 on: 20 Dec 2013, 11:31 »

No takers? Phew, I'm off the hook!  :-P

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #123 on: 20 Dec 2013, 11:33 »

There's still the D&D Next that Garand proposed. I can't be the only one interested?

kyomi

« Reply #124 on: 20 Dec 2013, 12:33 »

No takers? Phew, I'm off the hook!  :-P

I said I'm up for anything D&D.... I figured someone would post back here with details on it or something

There's still the D&D Next that Garand proposed. I can't be the only one interested?

I'm interested too :P

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #125 on: 20 Dec 2013, 13:46 »

I believe I have three so far.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #126 on: 21 Dec 2013, 04:17 »

I'd be down to play as the dwarf fighter. However I do live in England, so I'd have to know beforehand what kind of times (and in which time zone) you're looking to run the game.

I was up until 5am yesterday, staying up late isn't an issue, it's just so I can pick work shifts accordingly.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #127 on: 21 Dec 2013, 05:14 »

I'm living in Eastern Standard Time in the U.S. so I'd probably base my times out of that. Seems most of the group is in Europe so far so we might aim for relatively early in the afternoon on say Saturday, so as to avoid making zombies out of you or the Germans.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #128 on: 21 Dec 2013, 06:30 »

If I'm not mistaken eastern standard is 6 hours behind of Germany and 5 behind of the UK, so it wouldn't even have to be that early. Something around 2-3pm would probably suffice. I can also work with later times, I'm usually up until 3-4 am anyway.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #129 on: 21 Dec 2013, 06:44 »

Indeed. Kyomi, Loki, what are your schedules like? EvilDog if you're playing you too.

Further, is Saturday good for everyone? I work a 9-6 M-F so I'm not really available outside of the weekends.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #130 on: 21 Dec 2013, 09:59 »

Uhm. Thanks for asking, but I'm not playing this time, sorry^^
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

TheEvilDog

« Reply #131 on: 21 Dec 2013, 10:04 »

Saturday's aren't going to be any good for me I'm afraid, it's Mordheim campaign day.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #132 on: 21 Dec 2013, 14:14 »

saturdays'd be fine for me. i'm on PST (GMT-8)

kyomi

« Reply #133 on: 23 Dec 2013, 04:37 »

I'm on EST.  My work is normally 07:30-15:30 (but mostly get back at 16:00) M-F, off Saturday and Sunday.

I can't do anything real late on the weekdays/Sunday (past 22:00 latest) but Friday (later) or Saturday would be good for me.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #134 on: 23 Dec 2013, 04:41 »

So, as far as I can tell it's like this:

People who can on Saturdays:
GarandMarine
ChaoSera
J
kyomi

People who can't:
TheEvilDog

Unconfirmed:
Thomas Edison

Did I forget anyone?

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #135 on: 23 Dec 2013, 18:02 »

I haven't played D&D since high school for like 3 months, but I'd be in. Unfortunately I'm committed to teching a play until like 10:30-11pm EST on Saturdays throughout January. Not sure if that works with others' schedules but I'd love to try it again.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #136 on: 23 Dec 2013, 18:06 »

I might be down for Saturdays. I wouldn't really be that good though, I'm very inexperienced.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #137 on: 23 Dec 2013, 18:23 »

Method it really isn't that difficult, and we can help you get through the rough bits, we're all new to D&D Next.

So how does Sunday grab everyone then?

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #138 on: 23 Dec 2013, 22:59 »

Sure! I'll figure it out and I don't work on the weekends. Are we gonna do it via Skype?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #139 on: 24 Dec 2013, 02:28 »

I can't guarantee Sundays, because that's when another playgroup of mine meets. We usually play until late in the evening, so that probably won't work.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #140 on: 26 Dec 2013, 03:23 »

Sunday works best for me.

kyomi

« Reply #141 on: 30 Dec 2013, 13:03 »

I can do Saturday or Sunday but I'd rather Saturday since I can be up later (I'm in -5 EST) as Sunday I have to be done by 21:00.

Actually Sunday could work if it was early (I keep having these expectations of massive 4-5 hour games of quite a lot of fun) :)

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #142 on: 31 Dec 2013, 13:09 »

more or less the same as above, for me. i can do sundays, but saturdays are much better for me. sunday evenings are basically out, but most afternoons are probably ok.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #143 on: 11 Jan 2014, 07:01 »

Any news on this front?

kyomi

« Reply #144 on: 13 Jan 2014, 05:38 »

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on.. it was pretty active for a bit and almost like we were starting but then just went quiet.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #145 on: 13 Jan 2014, 06:38 »

Uh that's my bad guys, work is presently kicking my ass and depression is holding me down, so I really haven't had the time I want to read the book. We will get going soon though!

kyomi

« Reply #146 on: 13 Jan 2014, 07:26 »

No problem, thanks for the update.  Hope you feel better soon :)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #147 on: 18 Feb 2014, 10:12 »

TheEvilDog

« Reply #148 on: 03 Jul 2014, 14:59 »

Reviving this with an offer of starting a Pathfinder campaign mid August.
Anyone interested?

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #149 on: 03 Jul 2014, 16:31 »

Ohhi! Long time no see. How much time commitment do you expect?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up