THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 03:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody else on here ever watched The Unit?  (Read 2834 times)

UniqueNewYork

• Balloon animal serial killer
Anybody else on here ever watched The Unit?
« on: 04 Nov 2013, 19:28 »

For the uninitiated, it was a show about some kind of top secret spec ops squad (based off of SFOD-D/Delta I think?). Created by the writer of Glengarry Glen Ross, with the Allstate Guy as squad leader, and Pacific Rim's Herc Hansen as his no. 2, if that sweetens the pot for anyone.
Data:
>"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Picard, later:
>"Well, Data, time for some unsafe velocities..."

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: Anybody else on here ever watched The Unit?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2013, 19:40 »

havn't seen it but I know spike had it syndicated for a bit.  I was aware of it but never gave it the time of day  :-\
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

UniqueNewYork

« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 2013, 20:16 »

Well, I know Netflix Instant doesn't have it, but Netflix Meatspace does, as do iTunes and Amazon Instant Video, if you were to want to give it another try
Data:
>"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Picard, later:

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2013, 08:37 »

I watched it for a little while. Mostly because All-state guys voice is amazing.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #4 on: 07 Apr 2014, 08:57 »

Allstate guy is Dennis Haysbert, and The Unit was an amazing series.  It basically revolves around the new guy joining said Unit, and the adventures they have after he gets in.

I recall a couple of times that they went outside the realm of actually possible/plausible but for the most part, they get the military aspect right, and that's something I dislike about so many shows - just how fucked up they get military protocol, and procedures.  If I'm not mistaken it was written by an actual team member after he retired, so he knew what he was talking about.

I highly recommend The Unit, and it's only 4 seasons long, so you can watch it in a couple of days if you marathon it.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

UniqueNewYork

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2016, 14:30 »

Oh, for sure. I have watched all but the last 2 episodes, which I'm saving for a rainy day, IYKWIM. The rest of Season 4 basically got me through my trial separation.
Data:
Picard, later:
Pages: [1]   Go Up