THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Punic Wars: Extra Credit  (Read 1922 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Punic Wars: Extra Credit
« on: 18 Nov 2013, 08:04 »

Due to the current state of the history channel *snicker, snicker* I have been getting my history documentaries from youtube and other online sources.  Now I knew a lot about the Punic Wars from Latin class in high school, my love of Roman history, and back when the history channel tried.  I watched these documentaries from Extra Credit (a gaming channel that was formerly with The Escapist years ago) who received money from CA to put out a few roman history videos.  So they did.  Now most of the content in these videos I knew but there are little nuggets of information I did not know (mostly the political intrigue).  I know HBO did a ROME series but man I would love to see them or an equivalent production company come out with a series about the Punic Wars in the Game of Throne style. I know we have many history buffs on this forum and I felt I should share this with everyone.  Each video is roughly 10 minutes long.

Extra History 01 - The Punic Wars

Extra History 02 - The Second Punic War Begins

Extra History 03 - The Second Punic War Rages On

Extra History 04 - The Conclusion of the Second Punic War

and here is CA's Punic War trailer for ROME II to further drive home my want of an HBO like series.  Not being Roman sided but showing both sides in an equal light (hell maybe making a hero of Hannibal even!)

Total War ROME 2 Hannibal Trailer
and dammit I want Patrick Stuart in it!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: [1]   Go Up