THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 00:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caesar is back...  (Read 3223 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Caesar is back...
« on: 11 Dec 2013, 14:29 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
Re: Caesar is back...
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2014, 14:53 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2014, 09:39 »

So apparently I need to hit up a redbox and see the first one.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2014, 07:48 »

Anybody seen the new movie yet? I'll probably go see it on Monday. So excited!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4 on: 08 Aug 2014, 08:09 »

Saw the first one from red box a few weeks ago.  Plan to see this one this weekend but we'll see.

I wrote my thoughts on the first one here:
So I have been hearing that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is spectacular.  But I didn't see the first one (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) so me and my girlfriend watched it last night.  Now my girlfriend is a scientist and works in labs and she just kept calling bullshit on how the lab in the movie was set up and how many protocols and laws were being violated, which was quite insightful.  But it had to happen to heighten the drama and show how corporate this lab was.  This movie was quite tragic until act 3.  You really feel for the apes and are rooting for them.  The writers and actors did a spectacular job IMHO.  I was surprised to see Brian Cox and John Lithgow as I don't recall seeing them in the trailers.  Also if you are familiar with the old saga from back in the day there are tons of call backs, references, set ups, and hell at one point one of the characters was watching it on is tv!

My roommate skipped out on watching it 'case he has seen it before and didn't think it was that good.  Me and my girlfriend on the other hand thought it was a pretty great movie and is totally worth seeing.  We'll probably wait for a week or two and wait for the crowds to die down at the theater before seeing the sequel.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2014, 03:42 »

Saw it yesterday. It was pretty good.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2015, 14:48 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up