Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Crossovers we wish to see in QC?

A blue police box on the corner of a street
Ally and Lisa as friends of Veronica Vance
Pintsize dreaming of electrical sheep
Lieutenant Potter getting reassigned to Cheyenne Moutain
Faye's father's car was a 1969 Dodge Charger stock car.
Pintsize making a deal for the Robot Devil's hands
Monsieur Creosote at the Coffee of Doom

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2622-2626 (Jan 20 - 24 2014) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 41150 times)

Indicible

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Jaegermonster impersonator

Okay, that's a first for me. Anyways...

Good to see Marten is self conscious enough to know he is a pushover. That's character develoment here.

About the poll: since I do not know the etiquette in those cases, I leave the poll to the iniative of a better-versed forum dweller.
Signature OF DOOM!

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Oh god, please don't let it be Marten and Hairy-Armpits girl macking it out later....

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

I bet she smells of patchouli.

mmmm. patchouli.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Oh god, please don't let it be Marten and Hairy-Armpits girl macking it out later....

IDK, he should find someone who is mellow and not too dominating, and Delilah sort of fits the bill. I don't think it will happen, though.
What do you know about Pokémon?

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

Delilah just described Marten perfectly.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
  • Such cool. Post good. Wow.

Could be wrong, but from what little we have seen of Delilah I didn't get the feeling she was interested in Martin.
"Our home is where we are. Our place of origin does not matter"

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

:? Um, why not ?  :?
Carpe Diem

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Could be wrong, but from what little we have seen of Delilah I didn't get the feeling she was interested in Martin.

I agree. If Marten tries to hit on her, it might easily turn out to be Space Sergeant all over again for him.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

Actually, Abby Potter is a lieutenant.

:? Um, why not ?  :?
Some people seem to have an irrational disgust for armpit hair.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

greywolfe

• Balloon animal serial killer

TBH. Lt Potter would be perfect for Marten. He needs a dom.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Oh yeah, Space Lieutenant it is.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

I can't agree with that. Marten need someone who is willing and able to give him some space. Otherwise he'll erase himself completely, and resent both himself and his partner.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts

Delilah somehow feels wrong. And I do not think it is because of the hair. Marten, please stay away!

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

I think all of you interpret too much into these comics. So far there hasn't even been a hint that there should be anything between Delilah and Marten or that there will be.

All these speculations make me uneasy.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2014, 01:51 by ankhtahr »
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

I can't agree with that. Marten need someone who is willing and able to give him some space. Otherwise he'll erase himself completely, and resent both himself and his partner.

Then a space  lieutenant would be perfect.
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Space Lt is past and gone; further discussion of that sort may unleash the anti-shipping monster.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Stanistani

• Not quite a lurker
  • I am inspired by the talents of others.
    • Wikipediocracy Blog

Delilah somehow feels wrong. And I do not think it is because of the hair. Marten, please stay away!
Delilah looks like she'll be his wingwoman. If Tai flies, then he'll have two!
But unless Marten ups his game, we might see at the end of the night the dreaded 'missing man' formation.
Questionable Content is one of the few web comics I check out daily - it's that good.

Wikipediocracy - We show the world what's wrong with Wikipedia...

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch

Then a space  lieutenant would be perfect.

Except she prefers men who can bench press her.  Marten would be hard pressed to bench a case of 24.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

Some people seem to have an irrational disgust for armpit hair.
Hu ? Weird !
Carpe Diem

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

Space Lt is past and gone; further discussion of that sort may unleash the anti-shipping monster.

Does it attack space ships?
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I picture something like the space monsters in GunBuster and Diebuster:

(In that picture, Gunbuster is speared by the monster, top left, but is destroying it with lightning.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.

Delilah looks like she'll be his wingwoman. If Tai flies, then he'll have two!
But unless Marten ups his game, we might see at the end of the night the dreaded 'missing man' formation.
Definitely agreeing with this, I don't think Delilah is interested but she may well play along
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Marten may be out of practice flirting. Getting back in the pool could be useful even if he stays in the shallow end.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Zwammy

• Obscure cultural reference

I think all of you interpret too much into these comics.

It's all part of the total QC experience. Uncertainty and unfounded speculation? You bet! On the other hand, it's just people exercising their imagination, no harm done.
"Forget reality. We're not part of the reality-based community." Skin Horse

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I agree with Lubricus. Marten's already HAD a dom for most of his life -- his mother -- and IMHO she's the reason he's so passive in the first place. He needs someone much mellower, but I don't think Delilah is right for him either, and she doesn't seem interested anyway.

(click to show/hide)

(In that picture, Gunbuster is speared by the monster, top left, but is destroying it with lightning.)

Now that's an anti-space-shipping monster if I ever saw one! Great pic.  8-)

Definitely agreeing with this, I don't think Delilah is interested but she may well play along

Yes, this.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

I wonder if they'll try to set him up with Swingseat Girl
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.

Swingseat girl is the only other girl at the party we've seen so far but from what we've seen of her in 2617 she seems somewhat reserved or timid
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

That or she's a ghost and Delilah thought she was picking the bag off of an empty seat….
/randomspec
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

Hm. Seems like Marten doesn't like the thought that Tai may think she owes Marten. Or the thought that the party may have simply been Mission: Get Marten Laid. One of the two, or possibly both.
Mistakes, ahoy!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Quote from: 'Jeph on Twitter (@jephjacques)'
Made it to JFK. Now I have three hours to kill. There won’t be a regular comic tonight but I’ll get something up when I get home at 2am.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

draiden

• Not quite a lurker

Hm. Seems like Marten doesn't like the thought that Tai may think she owes Marten. Or the thought that the party may have simply been Mission: Get Marten Laid. One of the two, or possibly both.

I think he was just surprised that she was so straightforward about it. Also i think he's gonna feel pressured now and be nervous, but hopefully get over it. I think swingseat girl is a good choice, because she seems to be a quieter, more reserved person that marten might actually be able to approach. Also, as we noted last week, she was left out of introductions. Maybe Mr. Jemphs decided that so he would have an open. Now he can go up and say "hey, i didn't get your name" or something.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

About the poll: since I do not know the etiquette in those cases, I leave the poll to the iniative of a better-versed forum dweller.
Nope, only the thread creator and the mods can change the poll. I added a poll in there, but it's on you to provide the options!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I think he was just surprised that she was so straightforward about it. Also i think he's gonna feel pressured now and be nervous, but hopefully get over it. I think swingseat girl is a good choice, because she seems to be a quieter, more reserved person that marten might actually be able to approach. Also, as we noted last week, she was left out of introductions. Maybe Mr. Jemphs decided that so he would have an open. Now he can go up and say "hey, i didn't get your name" or something.

Yeah, when Tai first invited him to this party, Marten asked "So I'd be going specifically to find someone to hook up with?", and Tai responded "You'd be GOING to have FUN. If you meet someone, awesome! If not, you still had a good time." So part of his surprise may have been that he accepted what Tai said at face value, and now he's wondering if she really is just trying to get him laid.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of "Roomba" in the poll.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Is that Sweet Tits firing the bazooka? Unusual filler art this time.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

It is an RPC (Rocket Propelled Cat).
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

LookingIn

• FIGHT YOU

Is that Choo Choo Bear from Something*Positive being fired out of the bazooka? I hope so, otherwise Sweet Tits might have finally snapped after hanging out with Yelling Bird and Randy  :-D :-P

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

No, it's BonerCat, isn't it?

LookingIn

• FIGHT YOU

OK there went that possibility.
I have to stop trying to be funny, clever, or showing any insight. It always backfires on me  :roll:

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

yes, it's bonercat all right

greywolfe

• Balloon animal serial killer

I agree with Lubricus. Marten's already HAD a dom for most of his life -- his mother -- and IMHO she's the reason he's so passive in the first place. He needs someone much mellower, but I don't think Delilah is right for him either, and she doesn't seem interested anyway.

(click to show/hide)

Now that's an anti-space-shipping monster if I ever saw one! Great pic.  8-)

Yes, this.

But he's so passive that he wouldn't know how to be in a relationship with another passive person. Literally nothing would progress.

Marten is who he is. He's quite happy to let the partner run things (dora, assbutt), up until they do or say something stupid. He's literally not equipped to be the driver in a relationship.

NotAwesomeAnymore

• Furry furrier

Just because he's passive doesn't mean he needs to be with an autocrat. There are people who are good at creating a safe space for their partner to voice their wants and needs, and then taking initiative with those wants and needs in mind.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

kyomi

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!

I just noticed this... that cat... has a penis... >.>

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

Yup. Hence its name.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Jeph's habit of drawing a bonercat when he took a break was the reason for his accounts being closed at not one but two (possibly even three?) streaming services that he used to use so that we could watch him drawing.  Bonercat corrupts the nation by its very existence, in case you didn't know; and now he's put it in the main comic!

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Is that Sweet Tits firing the bazooka? Unusual filler art this time.

To me, it actually looked like Hanners... Feel free to correct me, though. It does seem a bit out of character - although one probably shouldn't interpret too much into filler comics.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!

Actually, apart from cleaning-themed weapons, I could see Hanners with a "kitty cannon" of sorts... just not Bonercat, but that could be a malfunction more than anything...

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

It is an RPC (Rocket Propelled Cat).
RPC-7 by the looks. Well drawn too.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up