THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 22:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WoWCrack  (Read 64655 times)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: WoWCrack
« Reply #50 on: 20 Feb 2014, 09:30 »

It's nice.. but it's no death pegasus like Invincible. :)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #51 on: 20 Feb 2014, 10:04 »

Fair, but till I can grind the ever loving FUCK out of that instance, or afford to pay these fuckers to do it: http://rbg-boost.com/shop/mounts/buy-wow-mount/
(I wish that was a joke)

I want that super cool drake/dragon mount with the glowing runes on it's wings.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #52 on: 20 Feb 2014, 10:32 »

Yeah, I plan to see if I can find one off the Black Market... Trying to beat Arthas in 25 Ice Crown Citadel until he drops Invincible (less than 1% chance I understand) sounds like insanity to me...

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #53 on: 20 Feb 2014, 11:45 »

I'm down for that. Madness is my middle name. KALI!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #54 on: 20 Feb 2014, 12:10 »

Shouldn't that be Eris?

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #55 on: 20 Feb 2014, 12:29 »

Not in my particular case no.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #56 on: 20 Feb 2014, 13:11 »

Madness is my last name.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #57 on: 20 Feb 2014, 14:59 »

Did they ever unlock the Silithid mounts so I could ride them wherever?

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #58 on: 20 Feb 2014, 16:20 »

Gods I wish, but no... I've got 3 of them that I can't use anywhere.. who ever goes back to Ahn Qiraj?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #59 on: 20 Feb 2014, 16:36 »

Considering how much of my roleplaying and writing focused on that place, I suppose I'm not exactly an unbiased source when I say Silithus et al is required 'reading', if *I* was WoW-Empress.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #60 on: 21 Feb 2014, 19:37 »

Holy shit! So I was doing my first run of a dungeon and me and the tank got ditched before we could kill a side boss for a quest.... so the tank and I took both bosses down ourselves.

That was so freaking cool!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #61 on: 22 Feb 2014, 05:15 »

I wish by the time I had gotten to Silithus it had been more populated, but that zone was the epicenter of dull once I got there. (Which was during Burning Crusade or WotLK, I forget which.) But I had never been there, so I leveled one of my alts there. Also we ran through the raids before Cataclysm came out because we were running all the raids we could at 80 before some of them got changed. That part was fun. But I started playing in 2004-2005 (holy hell...) and my friends were already raiding at that point and solo leveling a druid took forever. I was really happy when burning crusade came out because I was finally able to do stuff with my friends and found a guild that was just what I was looking for - laid back but still had a couple raiding sessions.

And now I'm doing my own thing with my husband because we can. And hey, we can actually do raids together without a raiding guild.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #62 on: 01 Mar 2014, 19:16 »

Okay, as promised, Tauren and the Light.

Now I don't know what the Blizzard-Activision dev team has went with this sort of thing over the years, but I know how *I* think it should be.

The Light is more like the Force; it's semi-divine, but you obviously don't have to follow a certain class of being (i.e. 'gods') to tap into it, as evidenced by all the different factions and forces that use it for/against the players; it's just *there*...similar to most of the other power sources and magic types in that setting seem to be.

Earthmother worship among the Tauren comes in many flavors, but is itself a separate thing from their magic use. Said magic use may be divinely-inspired or even granted in several cases, but similar to, say, wizardry in Dragonlance (at least back in the day) you don't *have* to worship the three gods of magic to use it (though maybe you do so anyway).

Tauren culture has usually relied on the more nature and spirit-focused traditions of magic, but it is not really a big jump at all (or even a small one) for one of the least evil cultures in the game to philosophize their way into a magic form that tends to be accessed more with...for lack of a better term 'divine humanistic' impulses. And since the Tauren don't receive anything tangible directly from Earthmother worship (or do they? dun dun dun), it's not incompatible. They use Light energy (see positive/negative energy split from classical Dungeons & Dragons' cosmologies), but they wrap it the trappings of their culture instead of really adopting the Humans' usual vision of it.

Bam! Awesome Pally-cows.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #63 on: 01 Mar 2014, 19:18 »

However it should be noted that the developers at Blizzard Activision did not consult me for Warcraft-related story/setting development.

They really probably should have, but they didn't. So who knows what the hell they've done with it since I cut out.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #64 on: 01 Mar 2014, 19:55 »

Tauren's use of 'holy' magic in Paladins and Priests is attributed to An'she, the sun. In Tauren belief, the sun and the moon are the Earthmother's eyes, An'she and Mu'sha. Their druidic tradition long called on the power of Mu'sha. Shortly before the Cataclysm, a young druid began to question why they didn't equally revere An'she and call on it. She and her mate began the practice of the Sunwalker, becoming respectively the first Tauren priest and paladin. They don't worship the same power of The Light the way the Humans, Dwarves, Draenei or even the Forsaken see it. But rather they call on the sun the way their druids call on the moon to empower them, through the grace of the Earthmother.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #65 on: 01 Mar 2014, 21:31 »

oh that's fine too. I forgot about that part of the thing, the sun and moon being the orphaned eyes of the Earthmother and all that.

Nikolai

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • H-Hello? Is this thing on?
« Reply #66 on: 01 Mar 2014, 22:56 »

I have discovered the addiction that is Pet Battle.

So much for leveling.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #67 on: 02 Mar 2014, 04:00 »

I have discovered the addiction that is Pet Battle.

So much for leveling.
I never really got that. I mean, if I want to play Pokemon, I play Pokemon, not WoW. After all, that's what Emulators where made for.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #68 on: 02 Mar 2014, 04:55 »

Yeah I don't fuss with pet battles at all.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #69 on: 06 Mar 2014, 10:42 »

So I finally got the Dreadnaught Pauldrons for my warrior (see pic).  Easily the best looking plate shoulders in the game IMO, and they only cost me a cool 45k on the BMAH.  Fortunately, the only other Alliance bidder saw my warr in 4/8 transmogged Dreadnaught and said he'd bow out for me since I was close to completing the set.  There were two Horde death knights also going for them, but after threatening to drop the hammer a couple times (from 15k to 25k, and then 26k to 45k), I managed to bluff them out.  I was prepared for and expecting to go into the six figure range, but luckily I didn't have to.

Now to get the gloves and pants and I'll be done.  Still working on my paladin's Redemption set, and completely missed out on the breastplate a few days ago! >.<  I had seen it earlier in the day, but decided not to bid in case someone else was watching it, and then come in late at night and drop a stealth bid on it.  And then I forgot to log back in and place a bid.  That and the boots are all I need left for that set, too -.-

If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #70 on: 13 Mar 2014, 12:25 »

Tauren's use of 'holy' magic in Paladins and Priests is attributed to An'she, the sun  …   She and her mate began the practice of the Sunwalker, becoming respectively the first Tauren priest and paladin. They don't worship the same power of The Light the way the Humans, Dwarves, Draenei or even the Forsaken see it. But rather they call on the sun the way their druids call on the moon to empower them, through the grace of the Earthmother.
Okay, that makes sense to Tauren priests and pallies.  Objection withdrawn.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

TheEvilDog

« Reply #71 on: 03 May 2014, 08:58 »

Well, I fell off the wagon and got into WoW again.
Just allow me a moment of shame, okay?
Level 23 Worgen Warrior and a level 11 Goat Paladin over on Earthen Ring (EU).

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #72 on: 03 May 2014, 09:34 »

My druid and shaman are both lvl 90 now and my husband and I are levelling up monks. We're trying to decide which characters we want to get to lvl 60 for a free boost to 90 with the next expansion. I'm torn between a lvl 40-something mage and my monk (which would be a tank). I have a 60-something paladin, but meh. Never really could get into paladins.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #73 on: 03 May 2014, 09:44 »

I just cut my subscription >.>;

Like always I cycle with wow, play hard for a couple months, then slowly drop off.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #74 on: 17 Aug 2014, 08:57 »

So, the cinematic Trailer for Warlords of Draenor has been revealed at GamesCom. As to be expected, it's pretty awesome. Anybody else going back to WoW in November to take a look at the new stuff?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #75 on: 17 Aug 2014, 10:06 »

Yup. Haven't played in a while, but I want to see it.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #76 on: 10 Nov 2014, 14:16 »

And up it goes.
So, only a few more days until release. I'll reactivate my account tomorrow and get familiar with the changed classes. Kind of angry at myself that I forgot to use the 7 free days they sent me, I had to activate those until November 5th and I didn't remember until yesterday. Oh well.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #77 on: 10 Nov 2014, 14:30 »

I am tempted to come back because I am really curious to see the old school WC1&2 horde members but I havnt played since Cata and even then it was alliance whereas I would be more interested in my horde character...though that would mean I would have to play through cata with him and then pandas and then warlords.

...really tempted.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #78 on: 10 Nov 2014, 14:31 »

You know you get a character boost to lvl 90 if you buy the addon, right?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #79 on: 10 Nov 2014, 14:39 »

...super tempted.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #80 on: 10 Nov 2014, 14:39 »

A boost one one character yes. It is nice and handy. Levelling other characters is fairly easy as well, if you don't mind random dungeon finder groups. I've spent the last few weeks levelling alts mostly that way, and the occasional questing session during lulls. A lot of people are back and getting ready for WoD, so even as a DPS the queue pops pretty quick. My healers basically got groups as soon as I joined the queue.

As far as class changes go, a lot of it was under the hood, so you don't see it so much except for much reduced numbers. There were some mobs that were basically impossible to kill because they were missed during the stat squish. I think they've all been bug fixed though. If you hit level 90 before the expansion there is a short quest chain in the Blasted Lands that sets up the events of the expansion. And you get a few pieces of high iLevel gear. Between that and running around Timeless Isle looting those chests for 515 gear, you should be pretty much set to handle whatever WoD throws at us at the start, for not a lot of time invested.

Majicou83

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #81 on: 11 Nov 2014, 14:54 »

There is a silithid mount from Archaeology.  It was a massive pain to get. ~.~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #82 on: 11 Nov 2014, 17:32 »

You just had to go and tell me that. Archaeology is something I've mostly ignored. Until now.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #83 on: 12 Nov 2014, 05:59 »

Honestly, the best way to get the rideable Scarab (which comes from Tol'vir archeology) is just farm Pandaren and Mogu dig sites, convert the completed artifacts to crates, and trade the crates in for Tol'vir shards to Brann Bronzebeard.  Farming Tol'vir normally is a pain in the ass.

I had pre-ordered the expansion but I cancelled my sub and now I'm not sure I really want to reinstate it even factoring the new expansion because I don't have anyone to play with for the most part.  I play the bejeezus out of SWTOR though.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #84 on: 12 Nov 2014, 15:45 »

Forgot how brutal/metal the orcs were before the portal opened:

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #85 on: 29 Apr 2015, 23:29 »

There is a silithid mount from Archaeology.  It was a massive pain to get. ~.~
Zin'Rokh is another one that's a massive pain.  I'm just glad my warrior has an original from old ZG.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #86 on: 18 Apr 2016, 11:44 »

WoW: Legion to come out in Aug 30th!  I still play (pick it back up lat year after a 4 year hiatus) but wanted to post it here for anyone else who did and was curious.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #87 on: 18 Apr 2016, 14:25 »

I didn't know the actual date, so thank you for that. I've got to remember to order it at some point, but I'm at a stage right now where I rarely have the desire to log in to the game, and I'm just kind of waiting. This could well be the make or break point for me when it comes to keeping paying and playing... Both Pandaria and Warlords by all rights should have got me all excited... and leading up to and for a little while after release I was... But that all to quickly faded into lukewarm meeehhhhh. With Legion I can barely generate any enthusiasm... I more stay subscribed through inertia than anything else at this point.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #88 on: 18 Apr 2016, 15:42 »

Oh snap, I forgot this game was a thing. Does Legion bring the level cap up to 100 finally? (If Pandaria did that, disregard that)
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #89 on: 18 Apr 2016, 17:32 »

Level 100 was reached in Warlords of Draenor. Legion brings it up to 110.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #90 on: 17 Aug 2016, 08:35 »

*casts necromantic rituals apon the thread*

So, the Legion pre-release event is happening. Who all is playing and what have you experiences been? So far, I'm rather liking most of it. The Broken Shores event was interesting and will certainly shake things up for a while with changes that have been made. Demon Hunters do seem interesting and fun to play. Class changes seem to vary between "Well, a few tweaks" to "holy hell where are half my abilities and the other have  have changed so much." Looking at you, enhancement shaman. The new wardrobe system is mostly nice. I do wish you could change appearance on the fly instead of having to run back to a transmogrifier. I'm not too fond of the changes to glyphs. Especially that they seem to have wiped out all existing glyphs on characters, meaning if you want the effects of a glyph you had already acquired, you have to go buy/make it again. Demonic invasions are okay, they just don't feel particularly rewarding or epic though. The zombie invasion of pre-Wrath of the Lich King still is the best for me. But a lot of people really hated it. It was a very polarizing event.

Overall, my experience has been positive. This is mostly storytelling stuff to set up the Legion. Gul'dan has been handled well as the main Big Bad. Cut scenes continue to get better. There was more action and emotion in the few minutes of cut scenes than in the live action film. And it didn't feel as often forced and awkward as it was for that. I'm giving the launch event Four The Horde! out of five.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #91 on: 17 Aug 2016, 11:24 »

Definitely one of the best expansion pre-launches Blizzard have done, definitely on a par with the zombie attacks for Wrath (as an aside, my biggest problem with Wrath was because the zombie event made it very difficult to get to the towns and cities for much lower level characters).

The class changes have been a little what the hell at times, with me trying to figure out what the hell has happened to my Paladin, though I do have to say that I prefer the much smaller attack pool because you can see what combinations will work better soon.

Demon Hunters are just plain vicious. Massive amounts of damage in a very short burst, especially with the eye-beam. Also if you can pull it off, it seems like if you do a rush attack from a glide, you extra damage. Maybe it just seems like it though, but it does seem like a viable tactic.

Never really used glyphs so its no skin off my nose.

Demonic invasions are kinda fun, but the rewards are kind of hit and miss, as I've gotten the same shoulder pads three times with the same character, while another has gotten gloves, boots and a belt.

Legion is definitely an expansion that got me back into WoW like Cataclysm did. So, I'll give the launch event, 4 and a half Pit Lords out of 5.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #92 on: 17 Aug 2016, 12:37 »

They also added a few quest chains for the pre-launch.  Including Khadgar taking you to uldar and Karahzan.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #93 on: 18 Aug 2016, 21:07 »

It looks very interesting. Almost enough to make me want to get it.  But I really wonder if it's a good idea to not only add another melee class but to shove survival hunter and holy paladins there.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

TheEvilDog

« Reply #94 on: 18 Aug 2016, 21:40 »

To be fair, there's nothing holy about the demon hunters and they did exist in the lore anyway. And with them being restricted to the Elven races, they do fit, if only because we won't see a flood of Draenei demon hunters or Orc demon hunters, much like the Death Knights.

Yeah, it's another melee class but it's also more focused than the others, it's either DPS or straight up tank. For all people might say about Paladins, Death Knights or Bear Druids, Warriors were really the only ones with more of a natural inclination towards tanking. Vengeance Demon Hunter (or is that Havoc...can't remember) do offer s dedicated tank spec.

Actually I would go as far to say that Demon Hunters were more a combo of Rogues and Warlocks, quick damage backed up by fel damage.

I do imagine though that the next Hero class will probably be a mail wearing magic user, probably a battlemage or something. We'll only have to wait until the next Blizzcon for the announcement.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #95 on: 18 Aug 2016, 23:15 »

Following this thread at my peril, considering that swore that I would not fall off the wagon.

Again.  :psyduck:

I don't event have enough time to do all the current stuff I am trying to cram into my hours and days. Let alone WowCrack.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #96 on: 19 Aug 2016, 04:12 »

Not to come off as a dealer but, I do like that these x-pacs are more story driven around your character.  WoD had me hooked because of that (apparently MoP had it too).  Vanilla through Cata had elements of thise but it differed from zone to zone (WotLK coming close to what WoD did but not quite there).  Looking back on everything, why did it take Blizz so long to figure out the player should be the main character of their own story instead of the wandering Kane from "Kung Fu."  Going from place to place to right wrongs and stand up for the oppressed or overrunned. Now you are the commander, the hero, the class leader.  As it should have been.  Granted its a no-brainer now but hindsight is 20/20.  Making the x-pacs more immersive and story driven is how WoW has evolved, and I quite like this evolution.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #97 on: 19 Aug 2016, 04:36 »

Back in the early days of our character's careers it make sense that we are treated as one of many largely interchangeable adventurers. Guards and townsfolk were undoubtedly used to seeing a steady trickle if not stream of people with dreams of glory in their heads and a second hand sword in their hands. Most of whom probably set out into the wilds never to return. As times goes on though you become famous. Dealing with major threats and facing monsters that leave seasoned soldiers quaking in their boots. You start to get recognized as the one who slayed Onyxia, or stopped Ragnaros. Even if you never raided, by the time of the Burning Crusade your exploits are widely known and you are gladly accepted as an expert and seasoned adventurer in Outland. You are tasked with dealing with tasks way above the abilities of other soldiers and expected to go toe to toe with people that have god-like powers. By the time Arthas tried to kill the world off, it is you they are turning to to be sent as part of the vanguard, and spearheading attacks. Important figures, warlords, powerful mages, kings and warchiefs alike rely on you when nobody else can get the job done.

By the time of the Cataclysm, when threats strike it's you that the leaders of Azeroth turn to first. Immortal beings like the Dragon Aspects themselves know of you. The most powerful of people know who you are personally. Some even call you friend. You are now not only standing shoulder to shoulder with some of the most powerful beings on at least two worlds, it is you they turn to to protect them. The tale of the epic adventurer has always been the core. From our meanest beginnings as a grubby recruit tasked with delivering packages and checking up on remote farms to those whom kings and immortals rely on for aid and advice. Who's power and experience carries real weight in the world. Leaders of armies, uniters of tribes, slayers of gods.  It is no surprise that current expansions treat our characters as the epic heroes they have become.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #98 on: 19 Aug 2016, 07:26 »

To be fair, there's nothing holy about the demon hunters and they did exist in the lore anyway. And with them being restricted to the Elven races, they do fit, if only because we won't see a flood of Draenei demon hunters or Orc demon hunters, much like the Death Knights.

, it's another melee class but it's also more focused than the others, it's either DPS or straight up tank. For all people might say about Paladins, Death Knights or Bear Druids, Warriors were really the only ones with more of a natural inclination towards tanking. Vengeance Demon Hunter (or is that Havoc...can't remember) do offer s dedicated tank spec.

Oh the demon hunters make perfect sense.  But it explain shoving one hitherto ranged spec in there and "encouraging" another in close.  Most loud the changes make sense, and the new class fits the theme.  A lot of stuff also looks interesting like it'd be fun (I quit before the pandas).  In the end have to base my decision on what I find out about h-pallies and disc protests on their creating sites

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #99 on: 19 Aug 2016, 07:41 »

Holy paladins have not been ranged for a while. Certainly not in WoP, possibly not in Pandaria? I don't remember the status of them at that time. But it's not like it was a loong time ago when they would sit in the back flinging spells with the clothies. In fact, that's exactly why they changed the class, to get them  up in the action. PBAoE heals and melee attacks being your primary generators of holy power meant you wanted to be stuck in with the melee DPS.

Survival hunters are a bit weird. I'm guessing it's a bit of a call back to the days of melee hunters. But that was always done more as a joke than anything else. A hunter always did their best damage at range. Some people did complain when they removed melee weapons from hunters. But I always felt it was a bigger problem to removed ranged weapons from the other classes. Warriors in particular were hurting because a lot of them would use a bow or gun to start a pull. Of course this was about the time when everyone just started YOLO charging through dungeons and even raids. So carefully pulling and applying crowd control was mostly out of the meta.

I kind of thing they were at a loss for what to do with the Survival spec. In Legion one of the themes is making the different specs more distinct. Different flavors of hunters were not really that much different before. Beastmasters would lean on their pets more while marksmen got better ranged tools. And Survivalists got... ummm... Did people actually play Survival before? Now Marksmen is really about the shooting. You don't even need a pet if you take the Lone Wolf talent at 15. Beastmasters are all about the pet, and calling more beasts. Survivalists get the traps and the melee... I guess they're going for a Rexxar feel to them?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up