False teeth
Prosthetic arm
Prosthetic hand
Real arm (yours)
Real arm (someone else's!)
Detachable head
(running gag of your choice)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2646-2650 (Feb 24 - 28 2014) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 35956 times)

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Still not seeing how that relates to Marten's relationship with it in the context we saw him use it in the comic. He wasn't arresting Tai.
Ie: he sees it as routine, not sexy. Not that I agree: IMO if it's something you're likely to be into (BDSM), the bits you learn will pique your interest. If not, it won't. I am very matter of fact and open about sex; I have an academic interest that only interacts with my more personal interest in that I learn things I may or may not want to try this way. :-D

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

And that's how Hanners got pregnant.
When Hanner's dad finds out, he immediately comes down to Earth and kills Marten.
nah, he'd probably do it from orbit

No doubt
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

So presumably Marigold isn't a virgin, or did a lot of horseriding as a kid.

Even the "Martin?" >.>

I've been on this forum the better part of a decade and I still have no idea why it's such a big deal that people occasionally spell the character names incorrectly.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Well, Garth, it's only to prevent it becoming common and thus irritating!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Fenriswolf

Ehhh, not so much. Most western women "break" their hymens well before having pentrative sex, and even if you bleed it's seldom very much. Please bear in mind that the hymen is a membrane that pretty much rings the vaginal opening -to one degree or another- rather than something that mostly covers it. That can happen, but is abnormal and can cause problems. See here:

Some women are born without a hymen at all[2]. It can tear slightly during penetrative sex, as well as when a woman uses a tampon, rides a horse or a bicycle, masturbates, or bounces on a trampoline[3]. Basically anything athletic has the potential to cause the kind of bleeding popularly associated with first-time sex-havers[4]. Bleeding during sex (even the first time) is actually somewhat unusual, and can be easily avoided through proper lubrication and gentleness.

I'm sure someone will learn something from this - the pictures of hymens are really very illuminating if you feel the need to Google it... not something we're really educated about, and can be very confusing (to people with all genital configurations).

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

The only time I've been involved in a devirginsation there was a lot of blood, so who knows?

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

Even the "Martin?" >.>

I've been on this forum the better part of a decade and I still have no idea why it's such a big deal that people occasionally spell the character names incorrectly.
I never saw the issue with people writing "I'm a huge fan of Marylin Monroe" either.  :meh:

(In case you dont get it: she's spelled "Marilyn Monroe" and a "huge fan" of somebody should kind of really know how to write that persons name correctly)
Carpe Diem

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch

And then Hanners ran off screaming into the night, never to be seen again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts

And that's how Hanners got pregnant.
:-D
I am surprised Hanners did not freak out more. Must be on heavy medication. Or is she slowly getting over her phobias?

Next: Marten drops in to get Pintsize fixed. How will Hanners and Marigold react?

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

... Next: Marten drops in to get Pintsize fixed. How will Hanners and Marigold react?

Depends what you mean by "fixed." Marigold might well be ready, willing and able. Or she might have the number of a robot veterinarian handy.

"Filthy little boob terrorist." -- M. Louise Farmer.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

Thanks, DSL. I thought of that joke, at least of its core, but I couldn't find a good delivery. Kudos.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Hey, it's what friends are for Hanners   :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

Ehhh, not so much. Most western women "break" their hymens well before having pentrative sex [...]
Some women are born without a hymen at all[2]. It can tear slightly during penetrative sex, as well as when a woman uses a tampon, rides a horse or a bicycle, masturbates

Then there's this (vaguely NSFW: cartoon representation of penetrative devices)

Not necessarily canon, but I doubt Jeph would have used it if it wasn't at least somewhat in line with Marigold's character, plus, remember all the snogging she and Dale did recently.

She may have been a virgin, but I seriously doubt she's a prude. I think it was the relationship she's been anxious about, not the sex.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier

Of course they're hard to put on! After you've gone for 5 rounds =P

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

Daaaaaaaaaang.  :-D

And I really, really don't want to know what the answer is to Hannelore's question, because I have a sneaking suspicion that it's "never".
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

You can WASH bedsheets!?

(click to show/hide)
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage

I think Marigold knows where Hanners Reset Button is, right?
James The Kugai 

aliensporebomb

• Larger than most fish

All I can say is "Poor Hanners."

Fenriswolf

The only time I've been involved in a devirginsation there was a lot of blood, so who knows?
Oo-er, that's a bit freaky! At least from your online persona you seem likely to be good about it.  :-P

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class

I didn't spot the condom wrappers at first so I just assumed Marigold was talking about the sheets.  Those can be tricky too.

/micro-anecdote

Smallest

• Curry sauce

I didn't spot the condom wrappers at first so I just assumed Marigold was talking about the sheets.  Those can be tricky too.

/micro-anecdote

That's how I read it too, then I was like 'wait condoms?'

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Jeph's news post could be read, by some hypothetical person determined to misunderstand things for fun, as meaning that Marigold should have practiced putting sheets on a banana.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage

But I thought EVERYONE know Banana's wear Pajamas!!
James The Kugai 

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

That leads to a infinitely looping bug where each time you reset she freaks out because the first thing she sees is you touching her.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

At least it was only the condom wrappers...

That leads to a infinitely looping bug where each time you reset she freaks out because the first thing she sees is you touching her.

You're supposed to use a toothpick, not your finger, according to the same strip where Jeff's post says "It's in her bellybutton." Of course, they could have gotten around the loop issue by putting it on her back, so she couldn't see you touching it.

Srxjo

• Plantmonster
  • 死神

Jeph's news post could be read, by some hypothetical person determined to misunderstand things for fun, as meaning that Marigold should have practiced putting sheets on a banana.

The bad thing is i didn't see the condom wrappers at first so when i read the news post i first thought "Why would you put a bed sheet on a banana?", then read someone mention in this post about 5 times so i went back to the comic for today and saw them and then it all made sense, so not even trying to misunderstand for fun, it's possible >.<

Shootz

• Not quite a lurker

Is it really a common thing that people have trouble putting them on? I've never heard of that before!

Srxjo

• Plantmonster
  • 死神

Is it really a common thing that people have trouble putting them on? I've never heard of that before!

Bed sheets or condoms? :P

But in all seriousness I've never heard of someone having problems putting them on unless they was the wrong size and then that would be rare

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Marigold may have been too embarrassed to admit they used all five and made something up to cover for it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I'm inclined to believe Marigold. I'd go into more detail but this isn't the TMI thread.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shootz

• Not quite a lurker

Marigold may have been too embarrassed to admit they used all five and made something up to cover for it.

Considering they started at breakfast time and Dale had to go into work that morning, I'm skeptical of them being able to go five times!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Ah. Good point, I'd say conclusive.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Shootz

• Not quite a lurker

I'm inclined to believe Marigold. I'd go into more detail but this isn't the TMI thread.

You've got me curious :P The only troubles I've ever had was with a too small circumference (which isn't solved by trying again) or trying to put it on upside down (at which point you just flip it over and don't need a new one)

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I suppose you could accidentally rip the condom while attempting to put it on, especially if your fingernails are long and/or jagged. Marigold seems like the sort of person who would probably ignore her nails until they got long enough to start breaking, at which point she might simply rip the rest of the broken nail off instead of trimming it neatly. I've known people like that...

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication

After my extensive posts last week about the subject... YAY DALE AND MARIGOLD USED CONDOMS.  I was worried about them forgetting that, being both virgins and having very impulsive sex.

Also, am I the only person who's confused about why condoms are supposed to be hard to put on?  You just, sit it on his dick like a little dick hat, and then roll it down.  It doesn't seem that hard.  If it doesn't roll immediately without effort, turn it over, then roll.

Hey it's simpler than plugging in a USB cable.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

If it doesn't roll immediately without effort, turn it over, then roll.
Argh no please don't do that!
Depending on circumstances, you now have precum which may be mixed with semen on the outer side of the condom, which defeats 90% of the purpose.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

KOK

After my extensive posts last week about the subject... YAY DALE AND MARIGOLD USED CONDOMS.  I was worried about them forgetting that, being both virgins and having very impulsive sex.

Also, am I the only person who's confused about why condoms are supposed to be hard to put on?  You just, sit it on his dick like a little dick hat, and then roll it down.  It doesn't seem that hard.  If it doesn't roll immediately without effort, turn it over, then roll.

Hey it's simpler than plugging in a USB cable.

If so, why are boys advices to practise alone, so that they don't fumble too much the first time with a partner?

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication

If so, why are boys advices to practise alone, so that they don't fumble too much the first time with a partner?
I don't know?  Maybe it's harder to put them on yourself than on a partner?  I haven't struggled to put them on any partners before, but it usually falls to me to do it for them.

Feudal samurai gave librarians shibari lessons...? That's a new one on me.
Shibari originated during Feudal Japan. Back in the day, they didn't have handcuffs, so they used rope. And it was kinda intricate to say the least....
SORT OF.  Not quite.  What you're thinking of is Hojojutsu.  Which was... slightly more dangerous.  The average Hojojutsu tie wraps around the person's neck, and is designed to get tighter if the person struggles or resists; they are essentially slipknots around your neck tied to your limbs.  Fight against the tie, or try and wiggle out, and you will kill yourself from strangulation (Source:  Lord Ramirez).  Which is an excessively dishonorable death.  Shibari is technically a western word for Kinbaku.  Not sure how that happened historically.  Not like Shibari vs Kinbaku matters too much, even if I had the misfortune of sitting through a panel with Lord Ramirez being an excessive weeaboo who makes a huge fucking deal about it.

For what it's worth, the tie that Marten tied in #1302 is a Shibari tie, not a Hojojutsu tie.  I had the pleasure of seeing one of the only western practitioners of Hojojutsu forcibly tie a (consenting) person before, and it's rather scary.  It's easy to see how it was used as a takedown technique, similar to how police nowadays force someone to the ground and handcuff them.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2014, 01:00 by Karilyn »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Are you kidding? It's way easier to put it on yourself. Try putting a t-shirt on someone else compared to putting it on yourself.

And yeah, really, DON'T just flip a condom over if you've put it on the wrong way, that's majorly unsafe.

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication

And yeah, really, DON'T just flip a condom over if you've put it on the wrong way, that's majorly unsafe.
That's... a really really good point.  I never thought about that before.  I've never had sex with someone I wasn't willing to fluid bond with.  I've always just used condoms as a contraceptive, not an STD preventative.  I've literally never considered that possibility before.

Now I'm somewhat mortified that I've exercised such poor form, even though it wasn't relevant for my specific needs.

EDIT:  To quote myself last week:  Fuck the grotesque lack of sex ed in some parts of the US.  Fucking abstinence-only sex "education" is fucking horrible.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

There is actually even a very minor contraceptive risk as well. You can just get pregnant from pre-cum.

Honestly, these things are mega-unlikely but really not worth the risk. I mean I caught the clap from having protected sex with somebody who had a clean STI test to their name.

Chances are, if you think 'it'll never happen to me!' then it will probably happen to you.

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication

I think we just proved, in under 5 minutes, why sex education is important, and why the giant gaping holes of abstinence only sex ed are dangerous, even if I got lucky so far.  And for a region that has shitty sex education, I've self-taught myself a ton of this shit, and even with a dumb mistake like that, I'm probably in the top 5% of folks who went to school in my region, even though I'd be in the bottom 5% of folks in areas with good sex ed.

The difference is that disparaging.  Argh.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts

Considering they started at breakfast time and Dale had to go into work that morning, I'm skeptical of them being able to go five times!
If they fumbled that much, I guess the embarassment would overcome the sexual desire. Either Dale has impressive stamina, or Marigold has done some practice runs on a dildo or banana, just to be prepared. The bed sheets obviously have not been changed very often.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Marigold might have had her determined streak going.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé

Also, am I the only person who's confused about why condoms are supposed to be hard to put on?  You just, sit it on his dick like a little dick hat, and then roll it down.

It doesn't seem that hard.
Well, it should. That way would be easier.

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication

I like to think of them as those little conical straw Asian hats.

Your dick is now cosplaying as Raiden.  But you won't be zapping me with lightning any time soon, as I am going to cover you in rubber before you can.

KOK

I don't know?  Maybe it's harder to put them on yourself than on a partner?  I haven't struggled to put them on any partners before, but it usually falls to me to do it for them.

So as not to fumble too much putting it on themselves when they are with a partner.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

Your dick is now cosplaying as Raiden.  But you won't be zapping me with lightning any time soon, as I am going to cover you in rubber before you can.
*cracks a joke about lightning rods*

What I'm wondering is where they got the condoms. My best theory is they got them from Angus' reserve.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up