THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maleficent  (Read 2289 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Maleficent
« on: 01 Jun 2014, 03:03 »

Stunning. Excellent piece though I think Jolie significantly out acted everyone around her. The second act drags a bit, and there's some pretty brutal themes and undertones

about rape, domestic violence, etc

that you quickly get why certain parties are calling this the feminist rewrite. All told a five star movie for me that's on the DVD buy list.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/9291-Maleficent-An-Unusual-Fairy-Tale-of-Revenge

Even Bob liked it.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Maleficent
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2014, 12:38 »

I just watched Maleficent and I thought it was ok, not great just ok. The pacing was odd but the visuals were really good. I actually laughed at the
(click to show/hide)

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jun 2014, 13:58 »

I saw this a few nights ago. God it's awful. The writing is trite and hamfisted, everyone except for Jolie is a terrible actor, which is saying something because Imelda Staunton is usually quite good, and aside from the very pretty visuals, it's just so fucking boring.

No stars. Terrible.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2014, 14:37 »

Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2014, 07:21 »

Aimless

• Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2014, 14:48 »

Way better than Disney's first take but disjointed and at war with itself. They shoulda consigned the three fairies to the cutting-room floor and then burned the floor. Angelina Jolie makes the flawed screenplay shine brighter than it deserves. Sharlto Copley plays the same role he seems doomed to play over and over again till the last syllable of recorded time, but he does it so well <3 I like this idea though. Next up: Ursula?
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Aimless

• Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2014, 15:04 »

Despite my quibbles, I would definitely not have preferred to see any of the "here's the story I was hoping for/expecting/dreaming of and this is how I would've done it" alternatives.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am
Pages: [1]   Go Up