THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Repository Of Interesting Crowdfunded Projects  (Read 2582 times)

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile

Every so often, you probably hear about a project on Kickstarter, or Indiegogo and think "Wow, that's really cool! Too bad I missed my chance to get in on this." or "How the fuck is something this awesome not getting funded!? People should really spread the word, maybe via a thread on an online forum with thousands of members from all over the world."

Well boys and girls, this is that thread!

The concept is simple enough, lets link to and talk about interesting projects that are looking for funding. Maybe we can help some worthy causes happen.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
Re: The Repository Of Interesting Crowdfunded Projects
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2014, 15:13 »

To start off with, lets talk about a documentary trying to get made called A Perfect 14. The front page describes it as such:

Quote from: A Perfect 14
A Perfect 14 is a film that exposes a world which people know very little about, a world of women fighting against traditions and obsolete standards, a world of women revealing beauty through diversity, a world of models representing a large group in society that has been neglected and forgotten for years by the fashion industry and the mass media.

This film follows the journeys of three plus-size models as they struggle against the distorted perception of body image that is being perpetuated in people's minds. These women share their personal experiences of challenges and successes to help empower themselves and others to eradicate the currently held standards of beauty. In addition to being successful models they are also driven to make a positive impact in the world.

i came across it a while ago, thought that it sounded interesting, and that it was the sort of thing this crowd 'round here might be into, then promptly forgot about. i came back across it just now and unfortunately things are not looking too great. with 9 hours to go, they've only raised $11,761CAD of their $45,000 goal. but then, the funding is flexible, so something will probably happen either way.

i'm actually very familiar with the director via the shoutcast station he founded, RantRadio and the various projects they've put out over the years. this is a guy who deserves a shot at making his film.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jun 2014, 15:32 »

Can we please, please not use the blinking thingy for topics? It's annoying as hell.

Like, at this point I hate roads with solar panels in them exclusively because of the fucking flashing lightbulb.

I'll come with some actual input later. :D
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2014, 11:10 »

That civilian NASA satellite thing discussed elsewhere apparently has or had a kickstarter.  I'll probably look into donating if it's not too late.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun 2014, 05:09 »

now this is interesting! not having physical buttons is a trend in electronics that i've always hated. i think i'll probably see if i can get in on this one.

DIMPLE.IO - Your own custom Android buttons!

that narrators voice kiiiiinda makes me want to punch him in the face though. he's so smarmy sounding that he literally sounds to me like a southpark-parody of smarmy sounding commercial narrators.

edit: woohoo! 1024 posts, big round number!
Pages: [1]   Go Up