THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 03:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moment of the Week?!

If you're still not comfortable with me stayin' here...
If... if Dale says it's okay, then you can stay.
Friends? S-sure.
Now that we're friends, let's talk about your AMAZING RACK.
So, you guys are cool now? SUPER cool. (Marigold tries to protest)
She'll be propped up in a corner if they need her.
Won't make fun of their fuckin' noises.
Unless you make really funny ones. Like, whale noises. All weeeeeeeooooo
Mom just signed the lease for "a LOVELY one-bedroom apartment on Main street."
Wow. (Is that a good wow or a bad wow?)
Those apartments are WAY overpriced. (She's from California. Your prices are LAUGHABLE.)
Want really cheap rent? Nice apartment in Savannah just smilin' at the right people.
Hannelore and her hat says Hi to Martenmom!
How did your date go? Well, I'm moving up here. Oh my gosh
(furtive looks) did you kiss Yes. (OH MY GOSH)
Time for May to go look for work! Um... (What?)
Don't you have something different to wear?
All they give us is these coveralls, fuckbarn.
How do they expect you to find work wearing a "HEY I WAS IN JAIL" sign?
100 bucks for "necessities" but there's no way I'm spendin' that on CLOTHES.
I don't wanna know what you think qualifies as a "necessity."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2716-2720 (2-6 June 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 31357 times)

Truec

• Furry furrier

This is so not the point! You're missing the point completely.

I rest my case.

How dare you exploit that defenseless animal by distributing its picture here!  I am so offended right now!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

That kitty rules the world. It is exploited by no one.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Cats tend to do the exploiting.  And we love them for it.  Just fear the day when they figure out how to operate a tin opener with paws.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Why do they need to know how to do that? That's why they have human slaves.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

That's exactly the point: they still need us.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

http://www.comicvine.com/the-sandman-18-dream-country-a-dream-of-a-thousand/4000-33047/

'Nuff said; one day they'll get sick of us and we'll be in serious trouble.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

That's exactly the point: they still need us.
I'd say less "need" and more "tolerate" :roll:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

A one-year lease in the QC-verse... that's, what, six years in "standard" time? :)
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Considering how casually she was drinking scotch older than Marten, I doubt money's really an issue for her anyway. Also this comic shouldn't be up until the 22nd century or so :roll: (points to #)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

*flop* this one cut me right to the quick. Apartment hunting is hard and rent's expensive *cries in the corner*
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

T

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

A one-year lease in the QC-verse... that's, what, six years in "standard" time? :)

Them if this comic keeps going there will be a day when it will stop being mild futuristic and become mild retro?

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

Them if this comic keeps going there will be a day when it will stop being mild futuristic and become mild retro?

Yes. Think "Archie" or "Family Circus," but with mild technophilia and better musical references.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Considering how casually she was drinking scotch older than Marten, I doubt money's really an issue for her anyway. Also this comic shouldn't be up until the 22nd century or so :roll: (points to #)

Additional support for your position is that she was at the top (no pun intended) of her profession and had some seriously rich clients. She probably operates more than one website, and sexyfruitstompingvixens.com alone brings in USD2K per moth.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

VV has a definite point. I'm in San Francisco, and rents here make everyone but Manhattanites cringe...

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn

It's really weird how that varies... Part of it is probably the conversion rate, but I moved from one of the most expensive university towns in Germany to admittedly also one of the most expensive university towns in the UK and was quite shocked at the rent (mine is even subsidised and it's still sooo expensive!), but I've heard people who were in the US or Canada before say that they actually find it perfectly normal to quite cheap compared to what they had before.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

I like VV's new look. As long as it's not part of a plot to lock Dora in a dungeon and steal her identity.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

Faye is quite right about the difference in real estate prices in the South. Moving from North Carolina to Massachusetts was a bit of a shock for us. Slightly smaller house, much smaller yard, three times the price. My dad's house (that he paid $16,000 for in 1961) would be a multi-million dollar estate here.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Additional support for your position is that she was at the top (no pun intended) of her profession and had some seriously rich clients. She probably operates more than one website, and sexyfruitstompingvixens.com alone brings in USD2K per moth.

I have just registered that domain. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I have it.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Even if she stops being a dominatrix, she'll probably easily live off the royalties for life, and fairly comfortably so too.

GM - make a Fruit Swipe clone :mrgreen:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while

I think the clue is in the title, Garand. Get some fruit, get some boots, and start stompin'! Even if you make no money, you'll end up with more smoothies than you could possibly ever want  :mrgreen:

Failing that, Fruit Ninja with boots? EDIT: Aw, shucks, Method beat me to it. :-(
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

I like VV's new look. As long as it's not part of a plot to lock Dora in a dungeon and steal her identity.

That's Marten's job.

I think he's been eating too well to pull it off these days though.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Now recruiting vixens, bring your own boots!

Sidhekin

• FIGHT YOU
    • LiveJournal

And what do they say?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor

Well this comic is accurate...  My current apartment in MN is $849/mo and is 715 sq ft, but has no laundry or storage rooms (though I do get free heat and underground parking).  My apartment in GA was $685/mo and about 650 sq ft, but I had a personal laundry room and storage, and was on the ground floor as well; complex also had an exercise room and decent sized pool.  Apartment in CA was $885/mo and was like 600 sq ft...and was probably the cheapest option in town. 

Yeah, CA is messed up. 
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

And what do they say?

Stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp st-stomp
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

So she's setting up here Eyrie and already has eyes on her Padawan

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined

So Foxes hopping around in Pajars?

Why not Kitty Softpaws practicing iaido ?  :-D
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

So Foxes hopping around in Pajars?

Why not Kitty Softpaws practicing iaido ?  :-D

You know... if I marketed that to the furries and weeaboos, I'd probably make a tidy fortune.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

OH MY GOSH :wow:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!

Yes, Hannelore, they did kiss.

Among other things.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Yes, they also had pleasurable intercourse.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome

Seeing Hanners in that hat the thought came to mind that it's surprising we don't see her wearing hats more often.  With her concerns about various health issues you'd think she'd want to keep the UV rays away.  Not to mention that wearing a hat would reduce the chance of getting bird poop on her head, something she might be a bit worried about.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts

I am happy Hanners is not wearing a tin foil hat, as that would be more worrisome. Still, her otherwise nice hat might of course have hidden tin foil inside.

Hanners and Veronica seem to get along well, even if Veronica's career should really make Hanners shudder. What is the significance of this?

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood

Hanners doesn't morally disapprove of the things other people do, she just can't do them herself. At least, not if it risks contamination by body fluids. She evidently wants to be 'normal', so maybe taking that kind of interest is part of her learning process.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

On why Hanners might like Veronica; VV has poise and natural authority, hannermom has rage issues and megalomania. I suspect for Hanners it's like looking into a mirror universe and finding out she was in the "evil" one all along.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I am happy Hanners is not wearing a tin foil hat, as that would be more worrisome. Still, her otherwise nice hat might of course have hidden tin foil inside.

Does anyone still make tin foil any more? It's pretty much been replaced by alumin(i)um foil, hasn't it?

Admittedly, "alumin(i)um foil hat" does not roll as trippingly off the tongue...

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!

Hannelore would not wear a tin foil hat. Or an aluminum foil hat. Hers would be made of high-conductivity beryllium-copper alloy, just to be sure. Possibly backed by a high-tensile composite shell for additional safety. With a worry hat on top.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Hanners doesn't morally disapprove of the things other people do, she just can't do them herself.
In contrast to Claire, who on several occasions has been quite judgmental. Not quite like Emily either, who is just weird. More like Marten, who seems to be very tolerant.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

Hannelore would not wear a tin foil hat. Or an aluminum foil hat. Hers would be made of high-conductivity beryllium-copper alloy, just to be sure. Possibly backed by a high-tensile composite shell for additional safety. With a worry hat on top.

Would that not be worse though? It might amplify any mind control field.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

freeman

• Balloon animal serial killer

I just noticed, Ms Reed must be tall! She's a bit taller than Hannelore, who Jeph has said to be rather tall for a woman.  No less, she seem to be slightly taller or about the same height as Jim, and much more so than Marten. Marten and Hannelore are about equally tall, so do we get maybe 175 cm for Marten and around 185 for Veronica? She must be used to it by now.

Hanners doesn't morally disapprove of the things other people do, she just can't do them herself. At least, not if it risks contamination by body fluids. She evidently wants to be 'normal', so maybe taking that kind of interest is part of her learning process.

This is borderlining creepy again, but with some boolean logic certain implications of these statements could be drawn...
Man!

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Something like this? If so, I really hope she is able to camouflage it inside some nice designer hat.

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

Does anyone still make tin foil any more? It's pretty much been replaced by alumin(i)um foil, hasn't it?

Admittedly, "alumin(i)um foil hat" does not roll as trippingly off the tongue...

The Wikipedia articloe linked by the post you queted starts:
"A tin foil hat is a hat made from one or more sheets of aluminium foil,"
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn

I just noticed, Ms Reed must be tall! She's a bit taller than Hannelore, who Jeph has said to be rather tall for a woman.  No less, she seem to be slightly taller or about the same height as Jim, and much more so than Marten. Marten and Hannelore are about equally tall, so do we get maybe 175 cm for Marten and around 185 for Veronica? She must be used to it by now.
175cm wouldn't be very tall for a woman, though, and rather short, though not extremely short, for a guy. I would put Marten more at 180cm. 185cm for Veronica seems about right. Of course, this is pure guesswork. The characters have also changed height during the comic and sometimes it's hard to tell their relative heights due to perspective.

Is 185 cm extremely tall for a woman in the US? In Germany, it is very tall, but I know quite a few women that tall; it's not rare among women my age to be 180cm or taller, though apparently pretty rare in the overall population according to Wikipedia. I am not sure I trust Wikipedia there; if their statistics are true, my circle of friends and acquaintances is quite a statistical anomaly...
I am 172 cm, which is above average, but not by much at least in my age group.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor

175cm is 68.9 inches, so it's a smidge under the average height for men, but she would be somewhat tall for a woman (avg height is 5'5" or 165cm).

Is 185 cm extremely tall for a woman in the US?
6'1" is very tall for a woman even in the US.  I've only ever met maybe seven or eight women that are over 6'.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Sarah's cousin is about 185cm (slightly taller than I am).

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

6 foot 1 is considered tall for a woman in the US.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

GarandMarine

• Awakened

175cm wouldn't be very tall for a woman, though, and rather short, though not extremely short, for a guy. I would put Marten more at 180cm. 185cm for Veronica seems about right. Of course, this is pure guesswork. The characters have also changed height during the comic and sometimes it's hard to tell their relative heights due to perspective.

It's also worth noting that Martenmom tends to wear heels rather frequently.

In other news, I find the juxtaposition of Sam and Hanner's reactions amusing.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Would that not be worse though? It might amplify any mind control field.
There is a funny research paper that seems to confirm this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up