THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 02:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Train Your Dragon 2  (Read 5236 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
How to Train Your Dragon 2
« on: 13 Jun 2014, 11:11 »

Been hearing a ton of stellar reviews for this movie.  I just saw the first one about a week ago.  I'm going to make it a point to see this one in 3D, which is a rare thing for me to do.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
Re: How to Train Your Dragon 2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2014, 12:50 »

Really liked the first one, and would like to see this in the cinema.. I do, however, live in Norway, which means all animated films like these are shown in dubbed format only, so that's not happening. Oh well, I'll wait for DVD, like always :)
I dunno..

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2014, 18:14 »

The first How to Train Your Dragon was one of the first movies I'd seen in 3D and it was amazing. I can't wait to see this one

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2014, 22:26 »

Saw it in 3D.  It was amazing!  :-D The 3D helped with the immersion and made things feel vast.  The flying moments in 3D were great!  The plot was complex but easy to follow both for children and adults alike.  It doesn't treat the audience like idiots.  Seeing the first movie would help you understand some of the characters though not really required IMHO.  Some very touching moments, and my girlfriend cried a few times.  If the first movie was about a parent and teenager's relationship, this one is about becoming an adult.  The music fit the movie perfectly, the visuals were beautiful, and the voice acting was amazing (Cate Blanchett!).  There are no post credit scenes but the beginning of the credits show concept art that was amazing.

Of the movies in theaters I've seen so far this year, I am ranking this as top.  Still need to see Spiderman 2 and X-men:DoFP.

So much I'd like to say but it would be spoilers. Go see it!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2014, 11:33 »

I may not have cried this time around, but How to Train your dragon 2 was amazing! It's an awesome sequel that really builds on the foundation of the first movie without losing it's spirit or feeling like a retread. Though sitting in the theatre I realized I had forgotten the dragon types from the first movie. "Oh look, it's a........fuck, what was that dragon called"

D-alx

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2014, 20:08 »

I didn't have much expectations when I watched the first one when it came out, but I got blown away when I saw it.  Great graphics and a decent storyline.  I think How to Train Your Dragon 2 maintained the standard

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jul 2014, 00:10 »

So why didn't Hiccup just push Draco off the cliff when he realised that he couldn't talk him down?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jul 2014, 07:19 »

Hiccup has an issue with killing people/things, he uses his words.  :mrgreen:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jul 2014, 14:13 »

Please please please people go see this movie. It needs all the money it can get

Nyithra

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2014, 08:19 »

I saw this the day after it came out and it was breathtaking. It's also worth mentioning that this franchise has a TV series, it's kind of hit and miss but is pretty good for a show based on a movie.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up