THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 01:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you love to see as a "blooper reel" QC comic?

Dora belching during one of her lines.
- 3 (4.5%)
Hannelore picking her nose when she thinks the camera's not on her.
- 18 (26.9%)
Faye getting on a laughing jag.
- 3 (4.5%)
Marten breaking into a rendition of "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'"
- 18 (26.9%)
Pintsize quoting Shakespeare
- 5 (7.5%)
Emily suddenly being very serious
- 18 (26.9%)
Claire's voice suddenly changing mid-line.
- 1 (1.5%)
Other (please state)
- 1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2751-2755 (21-25 July 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread (DYW!)  (Read 36332 times)

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

I don't quite get the final panel today; what's Faye's expression about?
Getting us all to speculate about it for the rest of the weekend of course. Mission accomplished, Jeph.

ooh! ooh!... I have another panel for my "latent desire" theory:

this is Questionable Content

er. (spathe ham)  :angelface:

Jeph Jacques: Master Audience Troller

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

I'm on holiday and offline all next week - try not to kill each other in the interim.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Smallest

• Curry sauce

Re: Today's comic
I have a bad feeling about Faye and Angus.
I think it's ok that Faye doesn't tell Angus; I don't think it's concealing something he should know about. But still, the comic gives me a very bad feeling that they don't have common ground anymore.

I even think it's okay that Angus seems to be going off without looking at Faye, seeing as it's important, exciting (to him) and she waved off his questions. But even though I think they were both okay in what they did, it's making me feel like the common ground lack is a thing. I mean, their main things they bonded over were the coffee snark and that they had both kind of settled. That wasn't much already, and now Angus isn't settling.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

I'm on holiday and offline all next week - try not to kill each other in the interim.
You were maybe wanting to watch? Why you want us to save the killing 'til you get back?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Gibbsmack him Faye

He wouldn't feel it.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

You were maybe wanting to watch? Why you want us to save the killing 'til you get back?

Well, it was more that a pile of charred corpses would mean that something worth starting a flame war over happened while I was gone. Spoilers!
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

No, a pile of charred corpses would merely indicate that a flame war took place. The fact that a flame war took place would not necessarily indicate that something worth starting a flame war over actually happened.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action

Gibbsmack him Faye

He wouldn't feel it.

Gibbs smack him why? He asked Faye about her day like 2-3 times, and she her reply was basically "nothing worth talking about" each time. What, is he supposed to keep asking until she gets really mad and then they have a fight? Faye obviously really did NOT want to talk about Sven's "confession" (which Angus has no idea about anyway), and was already getting upset at Angus' questions about her day. Angus is probably thinking, why poke the bear any further and have it tear into me over nothing?
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Angus does know there was something between Sven and her (see the snowball fight those oh-so-many years ago). He is probably unaware that Sven still pines for her, though.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

It's only a matter of time until Angus finds out. It wouldn't surprise me if the information goes Steve => Angus or Steve => Marten => Angus.

I was going to state that the principle of maximum hilarity would demand it going through as many people as possible, so he latter.  But Steve letting it slip directly to Angus could be good, too. 

I think Dora will be the one to let it slip. Only it's that Sven and Faye used to fuck each other will be the catalyst, not than Sven still has the hots for Faye. Angus confronts Faye about this info, and depending on how Angus does the confrontation, Faye will go beserk about it and let loose that Sven still pines for her.

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

I nominate Hannelore "he misses your body" Ellicott-Chatham as discloser.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Good suggestion! She's the one who spilled the beans about the first Sven/Faye hookup.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

Plot twist: guest appearance at COD by Dina from Dumbing of Age. Not only will she spill the beans, she'll have no idea why she's caused an uproar.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

Dina seems to be busy having a sausage festival currently.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Context bot: Dina is a character from the webcomic Dumbing of Age, who has great trouble getting social clues and is mainly interested in dinosaurs.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Context bot: Dina is a character from the webcomic Dumbing of Age, who has great trouble getting social clues and is mainly interested in dinosaurs.

Dina is showing signs she is much better at getting social clues than she lets on.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon

The AnthroPC? Or the RL moderator?  ;)
Yes.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Dina is showing signs she is much better at getting social clues than she lets on.

Not getting social cues does not preclude self awareness.  Knowing that you don't get social cues often lead to some interesting coping mechanisms! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Not getting social cues does not preclude self awareness.  Knowing that you don't get social cues often lead to some interesting coping mechanisms!

Agreed, but the way Willis is writing her makes me think the character knows what people are *really* saying to her and she chooses to turn it aside with a shield of obfuscating stupidity -- or more accurately, something her antagonists' egos demand be interpreted as stupidity.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up