THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 01:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thank you for smoking  (Read 3651 times)

pip_helix

thank you for smoking
« on: 09 Apr 2006, 23:29 »

i just saw this with my mom today, and it's quite good.

anyone else seen it yet?

Kukushka

thank you for smoking
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2006, 00:35 »

It's on my list. It looks really interesting. Is it out in theaters already (I don't get out much)?

edcho7000

thank you for smoking
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2006, 08:29 »

yes, i saw this over the weekend at the "art" theatre.  it was really funny and a well told story.  I can't think of any other movie to compare it to.   It was funny, but not a gross out, parody movie funny.  it definately is not a romantic comedy.  It wasn't overly political or trying to bash smokers or non smokers or tobacco companies too much.  mostly it makes fun at all the different groups.  
i dunno. i definately recommend it if it is playing anywhere near you.

i noticed there was very little to no actual smoking in the film... and do people actually eat apple pie with a slice of cheese on top?

pip_helix

thank you for smoking
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2006, 09:07 »

yeah, i didn't really get the cheese and pie thing either. i've seen it on menus, but i've never seen anyone actually order it.

ilCorvo

• Not quite a lurker
thank you for smoking
« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2006, 12:02 »

On my list to hope this weekend when it opens in wide release to be able to go see it.
It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice.

edcho7000

thank you for smoking
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2006, 13:01 »

i guess the cheese and pie thing is like eating an apple danish... someone at work said that apples and the right kind of cheese can be very good.  i'm in disbelief.

JJMitchell

thank you for smoking
« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2006, 13:42 »

cheese and apples together is an assume combo.
how is this on topic again?

Bunnyman

thank you for smoking
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2006, 15:07 »

Geez, people.

"American as Apple Pie" + American Cheese.  Seriously.  Buncha slackjawed pinko commies on this board.

I loved this movie.  It played with issues without being even remotely preachy, did the whole 'after school special' personal development thread perfectly, great characterizations, and extremely well written.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
thank you for smoking
« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2006, 16:25 »

i really want to see this but its no playing at any nearby theaters that i have seen yet. i'll actually have to travel more than 25 minutes away to see this one. and even that might not be far enough. hopefully i can find somewhere its showing.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

That guy

thank you for smoking
« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2006, 19:13 »

I can't wait to see this.  I own "The Insider" which is a great movie, which I watched while I smoked about five smokes, which I though was kind of funny, but I digress.  I like how you can use language to make a bull look like a dog and a coffin nail look like happy flower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up