THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 11 May 2024, 09:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firefox Issue?  (Read 2346 times)

Ducky22

Firefox Issue?
« on: 07 Nov 2006, 17:19 »

Hi all,

I'm having a problem at work getting to the questionablecontent.net goodness.  Specifically, IE has no problems getting to this site, but the Firefox Browser I just downloaded does.  (specfically version 2.0).

Has anyone else come across such a problem before?  (one browser being able to access a site but another browser failing).  I love the "open all tabs" of Firefox, but it makes me sad when i get "problem loading page" for my QC link.

any help would be appreciated.

~Ducky

Splunkle

Re: Firefox Issue?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2006, 21:11 »

the only problem I can possibly think of is that firefox is incorrectly configured.  Can firefox access any pages on the internet at all?  If it can't then it is probably a config problem.  I'm thinking some proxy setting you migth have missed, since you are at work.  If you don't know what your proxy settings are, talk to your IT guy or copy them over from IE's settings.

nihilist

« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2006, 21:13 »

I have run into that problem for some websites.  Clear the cache and history, try again.

Ducky22

« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2006, 22:03 »

firefox can access 95% of pages i visit.  Out of all my comics, only QC is being hit by it.  My guild (i play WoW) website is fine, but avatars/pictures don't show up for a lot of folks because i'm guessing their image link is "bad" according to FF2.0 standards.

IE6 can access all these pages succussfully on the same computer and has no problems with pictures :(

I'm just at a loss as to what would be causing the config problem

Clearing the Cashe/History and restarting didn't seem to help. Ah well.

Forsakn

« Reply #4 on: 08 Nov 2006, 10:32 »

Firefox seems to work okay for me. I just have to wait hell long for the pic to load. =/

nihilist

« Reply #5 on: 08 Nov 2006, 20:30 »

There are two or three sites that it just can't get to.  It's not a DNS issue, since IE works.  Just...  nothing.  Stupid.

Ducky22

« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 2006, 18:27 »

I found for me, it's anything that ends in .net.  IE can get there fine, but firefox chokes and dies.  No idea what would cause FF2.0 to die on .net connections, but there it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up