THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 10 Jun 2024, 19:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Record Stores in New Jersey  (Read 3233 times)

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
Record Stores in New Jersey
« on: 14 Mar 2007, 15:50 »

Since joining this forum somewhat recently, i've come across so much new and amazing music.  But only so much can be found on the internets, and I like to have the physical CD (when i have music, at least).  I live in Northeastern New Jersey, does anyone know about any good record shops around here?  I had Tower Records in Paramus, but alas...

Thanks in advance!  :-D
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
Re: Record Stores in New Jersey
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2007, 16:12 »

no but i know of about 5 in the cuty of melbourne =)
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2007, 16:43 »

I recommend just ordering cds online at Amazon or something, it's a lot cheaper most of the time. I like where I buy my cds offline, but I live in Pennsylvania, which is a state next to New Jersey, but another state nonetheless.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2007, 09:18 »

Wellll if you're willing to drive down to Princeton (might not be too far depending on how far north you are) the Princeton Record Exchange is really excellent for all sorts of new and used cds/records/dvds/video games/tapes ect. Plus they'll buy any stuff you don't want from you for a fairly decent price. I've found so many great cds there just by browsing for a while that it scares me.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2007, 09:56 »

InSound is a really fantastic online record store. However, if they don't have what you're looking for, always go with Amazon.

!!!CPAOI!!!

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:25 »

I can't give you any advice on physical stores in Jersey, but if you're having difficulty finding something and you want it new for cheap try direct mail order from labels.  It cuts out the middlemen to save you some money and it's a good way to support the label/artist IMHO.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2007, 13:32 »

Wellll if you're willing to drive down to Princeton (might not be too far depending on how far north you are) the Princeton Record Exchange is really excellent for all sorts of new and used cds/records/dvds/video games/tapes ect. Plus they'll buy any stuff you don't want from you for a fairly decent price. I've found so many great cds there just by browsing for a while that it scares me.

Thanks, its about an hour south from here, i'll definitely have to take a drive down there when I get a free day.

I can't give you any advice on physical stores in Jersey, but if you're having difficulty finding something and you want it new for cheap try direct mail order from labels.  It cuts out the middlemen to save you some money and it's a good way to support the label/artist IMHO.

Good idea, i'll look into it.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up