THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Sep 2024, 16:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good mods you've played?  (Read 2359 times)

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
Good mods you've played?
« on: 15 Apr 2007, 08:41 »

I noticed there weren't any threads on mods people made, I was just wondering if any of you have favorites.  I recently dled the 'Coastline to Atmosphere' mod for Half-Life 2, and I have to say I'm very impressed.  There are a few sections which feel unfinished,  but I think if they had a few more people on their team and another 6 months to complete it, it would've rivaled most of the PC shooters I've paid money for.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Good mods you've played?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2007, 12:38 »

Eternal Silence for Half-Life 2 is a lot of fun, and pretty polished for a beta.

The crew at 21CW and DC are still pumping out updates for their BF2 mods, which is good news.

There are several great mods being churned out for STALKER, although we won't see anything revolutionary until the SDK is released.

And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

FaceHat

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2007, 12:47 »

Hidden:Source for HL2 is a great mod.

It's an online FPS, but it actually manages to be fairly original. There's two teams - a group of marine/special forces type people (big guns, all that jazz), and the other team is just one guy on his own with no weapons except a few pipebombs and a knife. And he's invisible.

Remembering how much I've played that game just reminds me how much of my live I've wasted up until this point.

ackblom12

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2007, 14:32 »

This may go without saying, but this is one of the Best mods ever.

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/mods/bgt-weidu/

I like it a hell of a lot more than Tutu.

Also, the BT UI Mod for Oblivion. So simple and yet it made the game 10x more enjoyable.In fact, it's kinda sad now that think about it, I don't think the game is that great without certain mods.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2007, 17:31 »

The Aliens total conversion for Doom/Doom 2 back in the day was amazing.

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2007, 21:40 »

Red Orchestra for HL2.

There is nothing more satisfying than cooking off a grenade and running at a swarm of enemies.
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2007, 02:50 »

www.dystopia-game.com

Purest winstick. One of my friends is on the team, look out for his map. My name's in big green spikey neon letters in it.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR
Pages: [1]   Go Up