THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 May 2024, 01:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stargate SG-1  (Read 7742 times)

JJMitchell

Stargate SG-1
« on: 29 Jan 2007, 05:34 »

I realized over the weekend the awesomeness that is the first season of Stargate SG-1.
I'm only 5 or 6 episodes in but I can see why the first season(s) were so well liked by everyone.

It definitely would have been a unique show 10 years ago but still comes across as fresh and exciting if you haven't seen them.  And as my mini plug for the day I got the first season for 19.99 from BestBuy, although I did have to ask the store to match the bestbuy.com price.

My question to you in QC land is this:

Do you know of any great fan sites or official sites with more history of the Stargate Universe?

Entilzah

Re: Stargate SG-1
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2007, 08:27 »

As a fan myself I recommend

http://gateworld.net/

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2007, 08:29 »

No. Watch series 1 through 7.

JJMitchell

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2007, 08:41 »

You mean season?

öde

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2007, 09:12 »

Whatevs.

BillAdama

« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2007, 07:51 »

I realized over the weekend the awesomeness that is the first season of Stargate SG-1.
I'm only 5 or 6 episodes in but I can see why the first season(s) were so well liked by everyone.

It definitely would have been a unique show 10 years ago but still comes across as fresh and exciting if you haven't seen them.  And as my mini plug for the day I got the first season for 19.99 from BestBuy, although I did have to ask the store to match the bestbuy.com price.

My question to you in QC land is this:

Do you know of any great fan sites or official sites with more history of the Stargate Universe?

I think Stargate SG1's prime extended from the last few episodes of the first season, to the end of the seventh season.

As far as I'm concerned, Moebius was the series finale, and the Sith Evangelicals...err...Ori, don't exist.

JJMitchell

« Reply #6 on: 01 Feb 2007, 07:53 »

I'm about 1/2 way through the first season and it is still awesome.

To me this stuff is better than the Star Treks I've seen.  Better than most sci-fi I've seen.

The characters suck me in for some reason.

BillAdama

« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2007, 07:54 »

If you like it already, just wait until you get to There But For The Grace of God.

That episode is pretty much the start of Stargate being totally awesome.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #8 on: 01 Feb 2007, 08:56 »

I hadn't ever heard of it until my roommate and my friend were watching it at the beginning of last semester. We started watching at the beginning and we're about 3/4 of the way through the third season. Great, great show.

Yankee6X

« Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2007, 22:06 »

Watch the movie with Kurt Russell.

Then watch seasons 1-7.

Then start watching season 8 of SG-1, and season 1 of atlantis in parallel (or start season 1 of atlantis when it hooks in with SG-1).
Then SG-1 season 9, and atlantis season 2.

its awesome.

Unbeatable. I reckon they should do another movie, just for the hell of it.

JJMitchell

« Reply #10 on: 16 Mar 2007, 05:19 »

They are making some direct to DVD movies.
Check out gateworld.net for more info on that since I don't remember all the details.

I'm almost done with season 2, having taken a break while new shows were on.  SG-1 really is totally fucking fucking fucking awesome.

That is right folks, it gets three fuckings instead of just one.

Yankee6X

« Reply #11 on: 16 Mar 2007, 05:22 »

Only three? I think i'd throw in an orgasmically and maybe another fucking - just for good measure.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #12 on: 16 Mar 2007, 16:01 »

I think we're ahead of you in Britain, the last episode ever (excluding films) was shown on Tuesday. It was pretty awesome. I'll not spoil it.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #13 on: 16 Mar 2007, 20:46 »

Fuck that show. Anyone who likes that show is a FAG.
Hate, rain on me

Yankee6X

« Reply #14 on: 17 Mar 2007, 02:18 »

Then i'm homosexual, and princy is a man.....

If you're gonna say something like that, please do me a favour and give some reason? I figure most people say that because they are lost in the plot of it. I admit stargate is something you can't just jump into - you need at least the movie and the first few episodes of the first season, then the "blurb" at the beginning of each season before you dive into the most recent episode...

Mnementh

« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar 2007, 03:08 »

*cough*tonguefirmlyplantedincheek*cough*

;)

öde

« Reply #16 on: 17 Mar 2007, 10:38 »

I think his tongue was going through his cheek.

Mnementh

« Reply #17 on: 17 Mar 2007, 11:47 »

Through you say?  You think he can give blowjobs through that?

I mean, he dresses up all purty.

Fiddler

« Reply #18 on: 23 Mar 2007, 09:07 »

That's advertising man, clearly he charges.

Also, I've always had a soft spot for SG1, less so since McGuyver left because the whole reason I enjoyed it was that I grew up watching McGuyver be the coolest and most badass ultra nerd in existence.

WelshPete

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #19 on: 23 Mar 2007, 10:24 »

Have watched the movie and all the series up to 9!

Havent got round to watching series 10 but its a bit of a pain since you can no longer get Sky 1 on NTL/Virgin!

The series wasnt the same after Muc Gyver pretty much left the series, then again wasnt impressed with the new plot line with the Oria either!

The series was much better with the Gould plot lines!

Mnementh

« Reply #20 on: 23 Mar 2007, 11:09 »

Erm, I'm pretty sure they're writing him into Atlantis.

WelshPete

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #21 on: 23 Mar 2007, 13:31 »

Erm, I'm pretty sure they're writing him into Atlantis.

I think they all get roles in Atlatis from time to time but in SG1 all he seems to do is walk on roles!

From what i have been told about the last episode of SG1 is he doesnt even appear in it!

BillAdama

« Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2007, 15:14 »

Andersen was the best thing the series had, but the series probably could have survived without him.  The biggest problem with the new episodes is that the Ori are inherently uninteresting.

They set the Ori up as so powerful, it's impossible to beat them with conventional tactics.  With the gu'ald, even though they had superior technology, it was always possible to come up with some clever strategy to take them off guard and beat them with the technology they had.  But the Ori are so powerful the only way to beat them is to find the next super-duper ancient weapon.  Which, is boring, and is always going to be a rehash of the Lost City arc.

GruntyBalboa

• Plantmonster
  • Work was fun
« Reply #23 on: 01 Apr 2007, 18:43 »

Am I the only one that likes Mitchell? He's got balls, stepping into the SGC like that. Taking command of a top rated team of old-timers and not running it into the ground? Awesome.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #24 on: 02 Apr 2007, 14:42 »

I like Mitchell and I love Vala, but I was a massive fan of Farscape so I am immediately biased in their favour. Though Crighton was even better than Mitchell and Aeryn kicked ass!

MattBurns

« Reply #25 on: 14 Apr 2007, 10:17 »

you all know that the first of the last 10 episodes started last night right?

I have to say it was great. I can't believe they are going to end it.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #26 on: 14 Apr 2007, 10:22 »

I wanted to watch it, but I am halfway through the fourth season right now and I can't watch episodes out of order. I'm sure they'll be on tvlinks by the time I catch up.

MattBurns

« Reply #27 on: 14 Apr 2007, 11:20 »

I think I started watching in the 5th season and had to catch up.

Each season just gets better too.

Aimless

• Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #28 on: 17 Apr 2007, 13:22 »

I stopped watching sometime in season 6 or 7, 'cause of uni... gotta start watching again. It had me solidly hooked from the first few eps, and mostly just got better and better. The characters did it for me... great chemistry :) and, of course, Carter's hot <3

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

I was impressed with how the introduction of Jonas--and, later, Daniel's return--didn't mess things up. And I agree, the Goa'uld are definitely way cool because of their weaknesses. Anubis pissed me off, and I imagine the Ori will piss me off even more ?.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am
Pages: [1]   Go Up