THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 13 Jun 2024, 23:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House, season 4  (Read 4772 times)

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
House, season 4
« on: 03 Oct 2007, 03:32 »

How d'you guys feel about season 4 so far??

I have to admit that, while I do miss House's three stooges, I'm really liking the changes. I was wondering if they'd be able to make the show fresh and new again :D this latest episode was esp. cool, not least because it reminded me of my favourite episode in the series, the one where House holds a diagnostics class. I like the new characters--esp. the old guy and Kal Penn (the others seem to have watched too many episodes of House). Shame he went and fired the little hottie from the season opener, and also the cute twins (come on, TWINS man!!) though.

So far, the only major sticking point for me is how they seem to have turned Wilson's character into a caricature of his old self, and totally declawed Cuddy. That said, Wilson's evil game with the guitar was pure gold :D

Really have high hopes for this season. Just please don't let there be another Tritter... or Vogler...
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
Re: House, season 4
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2007, 07:50 »

Yeah, I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm liking the new cinematography, the camera work and the technical stuff. The House-Wilson interaction has been better than it's ever been, even when they were living together. (Although the cane breaking due to Wilson sawing it is one of my favourite scenes from the entire series.)

I am, however, terribly disappointed that they only waited TWO episodes before the stooges (albeit only 2 of 3) had interaction with him.

One bit I didn't understand - the end of the 1st episode, he's playing the guitar in front of the recruits, but in the middle of the 2nd episode, he's got the guitar on his desk and attempting to fix the pickup that Wilson ripped out. How would that have worked?

I think the reason they've declawed Cuddy right now is because the series needs to focus solely on House right now. He really hasn't done anything crazy these past two episodes, so there has been no reason for her to get terribly involved. Even the breast augmentation scene was fairly normal - House has told Cuddy that he can't tell her what he's doing for back-my-ass-up-in-court reasons for much wilder surgeries.

All in all, I'm fairly happy so far. (And I agree, I hope that there's no stupid Tritter-esque block of episodes this season. Those were lame.)
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2007, 08:04 »

I have only seen the first episode so far, but i like the new camera angles they have taken to using. The first episode was -hilarious- as well. I can't wait to see the rest (I work, so I'm not home when it's on, damn it...). I just got into House last spring, but I am totally looking forward to this new season.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2007, 08:56 »

I'm starting to like the wannabes and all of their infighting and whatnot. Also that House only refers to them by numbers.

Pissed that Wilson destroyed a Flying V, though. =/
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2007, 12:54 »

The reality show angle of weeding down the recruits isn't really working from me.  I'm hoping they get back to a regular cast soon.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2007, 18:53 »

liking it a lot so far. house is consistent like no other show.

4man, cam-ran and chaseman will surely all be back soon, don't worry.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2007, 05:58 »

The reality show angle of weeding down the recruits isn't really working from me.  I'm hoping they get back to a regular cast soon.

I'm glad I'm not a med student or anything. I like the designated hitter rule. =/
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2007, 07:27 »

I'm also really liking it so far, and I'm glad they brought back Chase and Cameron. Foreman I could do without, but I guess he'll stick around as well. It wouldn't have hurt to wait a couple of episodes, but I'm just glad they're back, kinda.

The whole number-thing is funny, and the House-Wilson-stuff has been cool.

Also, Kumar!!

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2007, 08:46 »

My guess was 6 episodes before they brought the trio back. I was way off.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up