THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 02:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ben Elton anyone?  (Read 2228 times)

Ttam1210

Ben Elton anyone?
« on: 08 Nov 2007, 16:59 »

I love his books. the way that he brings forth a new issue in each book and the bittersweet endings he writes!

what do you think?

(btw i own all his novels)

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
Re: Ben Elton anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2007, 19:37 »

I've aways been tempted to check out his books cause i've heard there quirky, witty and pretty great but i never have. I'm plannin on doin alot of reading these holidays because i've just finished year 12 so where should i start with him?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2 on: 09 Nov 2007, 19:41 »

Stark is pretty fucking great.

I think it's called Gridlock? That's also pretty good. But I would start with Stark.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #3 on: 09 Nov 2007, 23:56 »

If you really hate idol and reality try Chart Throb or if you want WW1 semi-seriousness combined with sex (homo & hetero) try The 1st Casualty.

Ttam1210

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2007, 11:54 »

I've aways been tempted to check out his books cause i've heard there quirky, witty and pretty great but i never have. I'm plannin on doin alot of reading these holidays because i've just finished year 12 so where should i start with him?

I agree with the guys bove me

i started with past-mortem which has a really weird sex scene but is pretty great

I suggest Chart throb
or the new one out now "Blind Faith"
about a future where christianity is mandatory and so obstaneously brash that everyones lives are on the net.
Pages: [1]   Go Up