THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 13 Jun 2024, 16:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melbourne's new great hope- Little Red  (Read 2273 times)

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
Melbourne's new great hope- Little Red
« on: 29 Jan 2008, 18:43 »

I am desperate for these guys to get a following. There has already been somewhat of a cult reaction to them in Melbourne, but I'm here to spread the word international like. I saw these guys live a couple of months ago and was an instant convert. They sauntered onto stage, hi-fiving one another, sipping Corona's and the like and then proceeded to belt out the most energetic performance to the growing crowd in the corner. By the end of the night everyone was infected with there enthusiasm, their valiant effort to make the beach boys cool again. They take us back to along forgotten time when music was fun in a the back to the future high school dance scene kinda way. They describe themselves as doo-wop punk- very accurate...

Check em out for the sake of humanity... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48863405

And here's a video for your consideration... http://youtube.com/watch?v=nKU1jtm81rw&feature=related
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2008, 18:52 by Ishotdanieljohnston »

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
Re: Melbourne's new great hope- Little Red
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2008, 19:53 »

Since when did the Beach Boys stop being cool?

It's cute. I'd maybe pay to see them live, but I don't know if I'm sold enough to buy their hypothetical record.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2008, 19:56 »

A little rough around the edges, but I like what I'm hearing.

Too bad I live in the States.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2008, 21:11 »

I keep meaning to catch these guys, but somehow it's never quite happened yet. Same thing with True Live.

John Curtin

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2008, 01:10 »

I've had my eye on these guys for a while now.  They're kind of the younger more energetic version of The Basics (right down to the melbourneness and the grey suits), with less Police influence and more Beach Boys.  One to watch; once they tighten up a bit and stop giving coke free advertising on jjj, they'll go far.

C Patrick Carolan

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2008, 01:16 »

Nice. I'm watching/listening to the video right now and digging what I'm hearing.

I'd buy the album and pay money to see them play at a bar, and I'd definitely play this on my radio show... I'd wedge it right in between The Mooney Suzuki and Primal Scream.  :-D

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2008, 04:26 »

What's your radio show? I want to get back into radio, so much fun.

They play an absolute shit load of shows in Melbourne and I'm actually seeing them again tomorrow night as it happens. Most of their gigs are really cheap too.

C Patrick Carolan

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2008, 18:23 »

Just a college radio show, actually. I hosted a late-night show called Dead Air on CJSW for over six years, but I'm currently on hiatus... taking a bit of a break until the spring.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2008, 12:35 »

Their next show up here is for the Laneway festival, so I'll probably check them out then, clashes aside.

I expect good things based on your say-so! I wasn't too fussed with the myspace tracks but I can never get into a band like that anyway.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk
Pages: [1]   Go Up