THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 02 May 2024, 09:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible Movies Thread  (Read 208972 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Terrible Movies Thread
« Reply #150 on: 25 Feb 2008, 16:41 »

Well, the comic it's based off of is better and maybe makes more sense, but as I liked the comic, I liked the movie. I can see why some people don't like it, though.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #151 on: 25 Feb 2008, 18:13 »

What puzzles me about Ghost World is that, before I'd seen it, I seem to remember people recommending it and telling me that it was "really funny" as opposed to "seriously depressing."

jill the ripper

« Reply #152 on: 25 Feb 2008, 20:11 »

What puzzles me about Ghost World is that, before I'd seen it, I seem to remember people recommending it and telling me that it was "really funny" as opposed to "seriously depressing."

Exactamundo.
high fives.

I just don't like watching movies with characters who are overall bad people.
I mean, there can be mean people, terrible people, but everyone is nice somewhere.
Being cruel for the sake of being cruel does not make me laugh. It makes me change the chanel.

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
  • I fart in your general direction.
« Reply #153 on: 26 Feb 2008, 04:32 »

Some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Little Man. I was forced to watch this because 12 of us were going to a movie and I got a ride to the theater with one of them. I couldn't go home and was forced to literally kill some of my brain cells. This movie is so bad that I almost got sick.

The Blair Witch Project. I sat through the whole movie saying, "Why am I wasting my time on this? Why was this movie so hyped? Why?"

Any of the Land Before Time movies after the second one. What are we on now, #127?
I'm suspicious of any food that makes its own packaging. There could be spiders inside!

Muskrat121

« Reply #154 on: 26 Feb 2008, 09:19 »

HEY!

The The Land Before Time 126: The Revenge of Sharptooh is the greatest story ever told.  EVER!

Good god, according to Wikipedia there's going to be a 14...

frunK

« Reply #155 on: 26 Feb 2008, 11:08 »

I just saw Jumper with some friends.

My buddy had the best reaction I've ever seen to a movie.  As the credits began to roll and loud enough for the whole theater to hear him, "Fuck that movie!  Seriously.  Fuck it!"

It was terrible.  I've seen movies that don't make a whole lot of sense but yet are wicked awsome.  But this movie made no sense because nothing that anyone ever did in it was the smart thing to do.  Everyone made poor decisions and none of the "jumpers" thought it woudl be a good idea at any point to jump into, say, a gun store and get a bunch of guns and start wasting people.

Sam Jackson was amazing, as always.

Reminds me of my reaction as the credits started to roll at AVP2.
"ALIENS VERSES PREDATOR MY FUCKING ASS! MORE LIKE WHINY BITCH HUMANS HOGGING THE FUCKING CAMERA AND BITCHING ABOUT HOW THEY SUCK!"

Seriously, AVP2 sucked so fucking bad, if i wanted to watch that kind of movie I would have just rented scream. or maybe a sleepaway camp movie.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #156 on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:06 »

That movie was awesome because of the sheer amount of alien semen being forced down people's throats.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Muskrat121

« Reply #157 on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:23 »

I enjoyed it a lot more than AVP 1, probably because I was expecting it to be awful.  The part in the hospital though was probably the most disturbing.

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #158 on: 26 Feb 2008, 15:38 »

I am genuinely tempted to see AVP2.

I went to see AVP thinking it was gonna be rubbish but hoping against hope that it would kick arse, but my god that was awful. And when the end threw up the possibility of a sequel, and I mean "threw up" litterally, it actually vomited the idea into my lap like a drunk baby, I thought "Dear God, they must be kidding, no-one will pay to see this shite twice".

But having heard that AVP2 is even worse, and one review I read said it was an early but strong contender for worst film of the year, part of my brain clicked and went "Surely it can't be that much worse".

Tempted...
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #159 on: 26 Feb 2008, 16:12 »

Oh, it's worse. It is definitely so much worse.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #160 on: 27 Feb 2008, 00:59 »

I saw AVP2 and fucking loved it. I am itching to get it on DVD when it comes out. Fuck all of you who think it is shit.

Don't get me wrong, it is an incredibly bad film but it is so much fun to watch. The dialogue probably fits on about one A4 page and the rest of the script was people getting killed. Besides, you don't go see Alien VS Predator: Requim to see a good film, you watch to see people get cut the fuck up and the movie delivered that in spades. I went to see it with my brother and one of his friends, we spent the whole film just exclaiming "Dude! That's badass!"

Seriously, any film in which an 8 year old buys it in the first 10 minutes is ok with me.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

frunK

« Reply #161 on: 27 Feb 2008, 01:23 »

the problem with AVP2 is that it was made for mentally retarded mouth-breathers who wear their belts below their ass-lines and don't know the difference between a Xenomorph and a Yowcha.
There I said it.

jill the ripper

« Reply #162 on: 27 Feb 2008, 10:49 »

Another terrible, horrible movie is the INFERIOR remake of Breathless. It's like they made it bad on purpose. They had to. It's the only way it could be that bad.

The Jean-Luc Godard version is so wonderful. It's perfect.
Jean Paul Belmondo is a certifiable god.
Richard Gere is the spawn of Satan.

>[

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #163 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:03 »

The Fountain.

seriously.

i have insomnia and i could not force myself to stay awake for this whole fucking movie. even if i had stayed awake, i'm positive that it made no sense anyway so it doesn't even matter.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #164 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:04 »

Take that back. Now.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #165 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:12 »

i would if i could, but lying is against my code of ethics.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #166 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:16 »

:cry:
Liz is touching me.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #167 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:09 »

I can see where he's coming from.  It was a good movie, but nothing to write home about. 
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #168 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:11 »

I'm not saying that it's the greatest movie ever made, but I would never call it bad in any way.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #169 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:17 »

I thought it was boring as hell. It was a lovely looking movie, but I found it boring.

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #170 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:55 »

The fountain is only good if you turn the sound off an have no desire for a plot.  Visually it is very appleaing, but thats all.
-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #171 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:58 »

the fountain was great, you're all insane. Not to mention that it's soundtrack was ungodly awesome. Probably my favorite album that year.

I watched AVP2 last night, and it was everything I expected it to be, i.e. shitty and hilariously awesome at the same time. I narrated most of the last half of the movie to my brother over IM, which is probably what made it so entertaining. The upside is that it inspired me to reinstall AvP2 the game and i'm having a blast replaying it.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #172 on: 27 Feb 2008, 20:29 »

I really wanted to see that!@ It made me sad that people said it was bad, because Upt to that point Darren Aronofsky had done no wrong. Perfect fucking record.

Emily

« Reply #173 on: 28 Feb 2008, 01:34 »

My code of ethics is such that I'll forgive just about anything if it gives me Hugh Jackman in a bath tub.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #174 on: 28 Feb 2008, 13:42 »

Another movie that a lot (a lot a lot a lot)  of people seem to like and I thought was plain terrible was Ghost World.

Will you love me?  I thought that movie was absolutely horrible and I could never find anyone to agree with me. 

jill the ripper

« Reply #175 on: 28 Feb 2008, 14:24 »

Let's get married, ampersandwitch.

Whenever people bring it up now, I take opportunely timed bathroom breaks to leave the room, and stay out until they've moved on to another topic (I typed sandwich the first time. O^o)

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #176 on: 28 Feb 2008, 14:54 »

Most people do.
Luckily, I am full of forgiveness.

jill the ripper

« Reply #177 on: 28 Feb 2008, 16:09 »

nono.
instead of topic.
"topic."
"sandwich."

...now i want a sandwich. :/
<3

CEOVanilla

« Reply #178 on: 28 Feb 2008, 17:22 »

Wall Street.

jill the ripper

« Reply #179 on: 28 Feb 2008, 17:33 »

That got on an AFI 100 Best Quotes list.

For the "Greed is good," bit.
I've heard it's really good, though.
Any particular reason you don't like it?

CEOVanilla

« Reply #180 on: 28 Feb 2008, 18:02 »

That got on an AFI 100 Best Quotes list.

For the "Greed is good," bit.
I've heard it's really good, though.
Any particular reason you don't like it?

I don't like movies with shades of class warfare in them, especially when they're obviously biased towards one side or another. Other than that, though, it is a very good movie. Also, Gordon Gekko makes Ivan Boesky and Michael Milken look like the gold standard of integrity. I'd recommend checking it out, and despite that one quirk in the flick, I watch it religiously every few months. :)

Emily

« Reply #181 on: 29 Feb 2008, 05:16 »

Antonioni's Blowup and L'avventura.

I had to watch them for school, and I don't think I would have, otherwise. Artistic they may be, but entertaining they are not.

frunK

« Reply #182 on: 29 Feb 2008, 16:23 »

Anything with Ice Cube. ESPECIALLY All About the Benjamens.

taphos

« Reply #183 on: 29 Feb 2008, 16:50 »

Wall Street.
This movie is definitely vulnerable to criticism, but I'm wondering when you watched it? (Nevermind - I just saw your response.  Oops.)

I think it's wonderfully entertaining (and Michael Douglas is great) but I saw it only a few years after its release. And Oliver Stone - I like the guy even when he's being ridiculous, but I can see how he turns people off.

And it would have been better with a stronger lead, though Charlie Sheen is so 80's.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2008, 16:52 by taphos »

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #184 on: 29 Feb 2008, 17:19 »

Shutter
The Nun
The Ice Queen
Underworld: Evolution
Max Magician and the Legend of the Rings

Although, to be honest I kind of love Max Magician.  It was bad on Troll 2 levels.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

frunK

« Reply #185 on: 01 Mar 2008, 05:08 »

Gothika, a movie so fucking bad that not only did they have to make up a word BUT THEY COULD NOT SPELL SAID MADE UP WORD CORRECTLY!
Halle Berry is responsible for me being the full-of-hate cynical jerk that I am today, something snapped in me when I sat through this and now I hate everything. Here's the scene that is missing from the ending of Gothika
JUDGE :mrgreen:
HALLE BERRY  :-D

:mrgreen: You stand before the court for escaping the insane asylum TWICE assaulting numerous guards while doing so and not only that the double murder of your husband AND local law enforcement, how do you plead?
 :-D Not guilty because they were rapists
 :mrgreen: Bitch you trippin, that's vigilante shit right there
 :-D But it's okay because my abusive teenage girlfriend who is also a ghost told me to do it.
 :mrgreen: Oh, in that case your free to go, have a fucking sandwich!

Oh and fred dirst ruins Behind Blue Eyes.
That guy should be kicked in the nads on live Japanese TV, I say Japanese TV because the Japanese would do it right and add zany sound effects if they were to make kicking fred dirst in the nuts a TV event.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2008, 05:10 by frunK »

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #186 on: 01 Mar 2008, 17:16 »

Pretty much anything with Jim Carry, Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Will Smith or Eddie Murpy in them. There are of course exceptions, Spanglish was passable and The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind would have to be one of my favorite movies ever.

Matrix 2 and 3
PotC 2 and, presumably, 3
King Aurthur (the one with Keria Knightly - for that matter everything she's been in since PotC1 and Love Actually, though this may not actually be her fault)
Kingdom of Heaven

Also I will add my vote to the pile of liquid shit that is the new craze for ripoff movies (scary movie ect) the only acceptable ones would be Not Another Teen Movie and Spaceballs

Oh and almost every 'mocumentry' every made. 
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

frunK

« Reply #187 on: 01 Mar 2008, 17:46 »

HEY! This Is Spinal Tap kicks ass!

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #188 on: 01 Mar 2008, 20:03 »

So did Best in Show, and pretty much any other Guest Mockumentary.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #189 on: 01 Mar 2008, 20:49 »

I thought that A Mighty Wind did pretty well for a mocumentary, too.  It was obvious that they loved the folk genre.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #190 on: 01 Mar 2008, 21:01 »

That was a Christopher Guest mockumentary, yes.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #191 on: 01 Mar 2008, 21:09 »

Yeah, I have a rough time imagining how I could be friends with anyone who didn't like This is Spinal Tap.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2008, 11:59 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

analogthought

« Reply #192 on: 01 Mar 2008, 21:14 »

I'm gonna 18th anything with Adam Sandler. I also have to say, despite all of it's "success" Napoleon Dynomite was total shite. After finally bringing myself to watch it, I couldn't make it through the first 45 minutes. If for nothing else than the guy who plays the lead character. Will Ferrell also tends to annoy me. I did like him in some of the SNL skits he did, and I never saw Stranger Than Fiction... Anchorman had it's moments... but all these "ha ha, look, he got hit in the balls with something!" pre-teen comedies he's doing now - who cares.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2008, 21:31 by analogthought »

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #193 on: 01 Mar 2008, 21:21 »

The only part of Napoleon Dynamite I like is the dance he does at the end.  Otherwise, yeah, it's a pretty boring movie.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #194 on: 02 Mar 2008, 07:25 »

I made the mistake of watching the animated Beowulf movie last night.  I have to say that I am not a fan of that animation technique and the way in which they retold the epic of Beowulf was most uninteresting.  Personally, Beowulf and Grendel was a better movie, and so was The 13th Warrior
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #195 on: 02 Mar 2008, 11:21 »

Pretty much anything with Jim Carry, Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Will Smith or Eddie Murpy in them. There are of course exceptions, Spanglish was passable and The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind would have to be one of my favorite movies ever.   

Dude, Truman Show.

Also Will Smith is on nowhere near the same level of suck as Ben Stiller or Eddie Murphy.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Muskrat121

« Reply #196 on: 03 Mar 2008, 11:15 »

I made the mistake of watching the animated Beowulf movie last night.  I have to say that I am not a fan of that animation technique and the way in which they retold the epic of Beowulf was most uninteresting.  Personally, Beowulf and Grendel was a better movie, and so was The 13th Warrior

The 13th Warrior is a fantastic movie.  Quite wonderful.

I was never a big of Fresh Prince, but I've enjoyed just about every Will Smith movie I've seen.  Some were pretty stupid though...  But the serious ones were quite good.

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #197 on: 03 Mar 2008, 12:51 »

I'm actually looking forward to Will Smiths next movie Hancock. 
Anything with Jason Bateman deserves a chance, no matter what you feel about Smith.
-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #198 on: 03 Mar 2008, 13:50 »

You just totally fried my sarcasm detecter.

Are we talking about the same Jason Bateman that's in Smokin' Aces, Teen Wolf Too, Love Stinks and The Sweetest thing? I mean, I know people really like Arrested Development, but if anyone deserves to be mailed a complimentary "Clearly, I have made some bad decisions" shirt, it's Jason Bateman.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #199 on: 03 Mar 2008, 13:59 »

Idiocracy,

It wasn't a stupid movie, it was intellectually made (and had a huge excuse for stupid jokes)

I just couldn't stand watching it.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up