THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 16:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Ridiculous Decadency  (Read 121592 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: Ridiculous Decadency
« Reply #200 on: 14 Mar 2008, 07:42 »

FFXIII.

Yeah, that might be relevant when it comes out in like 2015. Considering that FF XIII really is about the next big release for PS3 after MGS IV and that it's not coming out until at least well into 2009, I find it hard to really give a shit about it.

Anyway, I managed to avoid decadence yesterday. I struggled with buying a TV tuner card for my PC before deciding to wait on it. Go me.

Dude, what? MGS4 is coming out June 12th. I assume you were just using a hyperbole, but it doesn't work, because a firm release date has been set for over a month now.

Do you have trouble remembering the first half of a sentence after reading the second half? I was quite clearly talking about Final Fantasy XIII being the next big release after MGS. Final Fantasy XIII is subsequently not even dated and will be, at the earliest, well into 2009.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #201 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:08 »

This thread is not about console fanboyism.  It is about the $450 Marc Jacob pants that Kieffer bought on sale.  I hear he shops at Filene's Basement with his mother.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #202 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:33 »

Let me break down my current outfit.

Sweater- $8
Tank tops (two)- $8
Jeans- $15
Shoes- $4
Undergarments- $12
Belt- Free!

Total- $47

I do not belong in this thread.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #203 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:37 »

the coffee i'm drinking right now is pretty expensive, i guess.

i do not think i belong in this thread either.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #204 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:47 »

I bought a $120 pair of jeans a few weeks ago.  They forgot to take the giant anti-theft thingy off, and I didn't notice it until I got home.  The smart thing would have been to take it back and get them to take it off.  I decided to just yank it off.  Now I have a $120 pair of jeans with a hole in them that makes it look stolen. 

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #205 on: 14 Mar 2008, 10:37 »

Tommy, is this you?

Scarlett Johansson's eBay auction ended on Wednesday and some guy from the United Kingdom paid $40,100 for an evening with the actress.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #206 on: 14 Mar 2008, 11:23 »

No. Scarlett Johansson doesn't have a boyfriend.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.
« Reply #207 on: 14 Mar 2008, 11:36 »

I'm not much of a spender. The last thing I brought was my math book at $80 and that's not decadent at all. Any money I get basically go towards college. Anything I own is a gift or brought when I still lived with my parents.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I hate spending money. I always wonder what if something comes up and I need that money or if what I'm buying is really necessary. I came from a family of 5 with an okay income and we had a vacation every year and stuff, but we also watched how much was spent. My boyfriend's family has a way higher income and I worry about how my boyfriend will deal with the loss of extras when we live on our own. He's brilliant with economics and stuff, so I doubt he'll spend unnecessarily, but I still worry.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #208 on: 14 Mar 2008, 16:33 »

No. Scarlett Johansson doesn't have a boyfriend.

So you think ;)
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #209 on: 14 Mar 2008, 17:26 »

I know it was well over a page ago but this comment was annoying me .......... there is NO WAY you could get a suit from k-mart that would be the same quality as an armani suit (or any other pricey brand) what your paying for is an amazingly cut and tailored piece of clothing, in general the more you pay for a suit the better it is. Instead of having some badly fit poleyester blend suit that would look crumpled after a half day of wear, not be flattering at all, and likelyhood is will fall apart within a couple of dry-cleans you could instead choose to pay more money and have a merino wool blend suit made out of a fabric sourced from europe that is fully lined, cut to fit your body and will last years and years and still look amazing.

I know my more exspensive suits are my favourites because of the workmanship on them; the darts and pleats that make them look amazing... visual example

SUIT

that (altho blurry) is a hot suit

You didn't read my post well enough. Try again (bolded for emphasis).

I don't think that's true. If other people's posts are to go by then things like glasses frames are almost exactly the same except for a brand logo. I think for suits then it is the the quality of workmanship that counts. If you get a suit that looks great but isn't Armani it doesn't matter much. Hell if I found a suit from K-Mart that looked like an Armani suit and had a similarly high quality (assuming that Armani stuff is well-made, I wouldn't know) I would rather pay the $150 odd for it rather than whatever the price for the designer thing would be. The price tag isn't indicative of quality.

I was using K-Mart as an example of a place where you get cheap clothes. I used Armani as an example of expensive (and in my mind, overpriced) designer clothes. The two examples are largely irrelevant, my point was that if I found a cheap, no-name brand but well made and flattering suit I would buy that over an expensive designer suit (be it well made or not).
I did not say that it was possible for me to pop into my local K-Mart and pick up an amazing suit (do they even sell them?) that is just as nice as a designer one at a fraction of the cost.

My other point was that people will pay exhorbitant amounts of money simply because there is a label that says "Armani" or... I can't think of any other designers but do you see what I am getting at? Just because you are paying more does not necessarily mean that you are getting more.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #210 on: 14 Mar 2008, 17:44 »

A better example would be perhaps Calvin Klein vs Bonds underwear. Both are good, solid products, well made and long-lasting, but the Bonds ones are ten bucks where the CK ones are sixty.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #211 on: 14 Mar 2008, 18:04 »

I should have done that. Shit I even wear bonds!

Let's face it people, I am bad at fashion.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

SeanBateman

« Reply #212 on: 14 Mar 2008, 18:07 »

I was just about to say you were bad at fashion, actually. Not even in a negative sense, you just clearly do not understand why people who care about fashion care about fashion.

I don't really feel like explaining it, either. Suffice to say you are paying for a lot more than the name "Armani"

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #213 on: 14 Mar 2008, 18:13 »

That's ok! I'm not actually interested in finding out. I am happy to wear very entry-level suits and look reasonable. I don't need $200 shirts simply because I just don't care that much about fashion, I have better things to spend my money on at the moment.

It is entirely possible that once I actually get a real job making proper money I will wear fancy clothes but until then I get my shirts from Lowes (discount mens retailer), my pants from Army Surplus stores and...well I do like expensive boots so I guess that's something.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #214 on: 14 Mar 2008, 18:16 »

Not being decadent = why are you in a thread about decadence

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #215 on: 14 Mar 2008, 18:27 »

Shit I just realised something! The reason I am bad at fashion is because we're talking about the wrong fashion! I have bought and will buy again expensive pairs of boots - My two pairs of Demonia's cost about $270 each pair and my New Rocks were $500. I have a Tripp shirt that cost $100 and a Cyberdog shirt that I got for $115 and that was at 70% off! I once bought a handmade Cyber/Space Pirate jacket from Gallery Serpentine for $220 (down from $300) and I have about 3 leather jackets ranging in price from $300 (down from $1000) to about $700 (down from over $1100). I totally get fashion, just not when it comes to articles of clothing that I don't give a shit about!

Sorry dudes! It is too early for me to be talking about what I am still basically a novice in (I still wouldn't pay more than $60 for a pair of jeans though).

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #216 on: 14 Mar 2008, 18:34 »

See, I like looking like I paid a lot for something and not actually doing it. I feel like I cheat the system that way. It's showing you have good taste but not dropping mad money that you can use other places.

I can't decided how I would dress if I had a lot of disposable cash.  I would either wear dresses/pencil skirts all the time with $700 peep-toe shoes that were sexy as hell (the lady) OR I would opt out, and wear madly expensive denim with really interesting sneakers (the gent). That's the problem with being a college kid with no potential of ever becoming rich, but also having an eye for expensive things....DREAMS!
I like the way you work it.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #217 on: 15 Mar 2008, 06:52 »

In terms of ridiculously impulsive buys, i present you the result of 3 hours of shopping:

Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #218 on: 15 Mar 2008, 07:09 »

That Garlan stuff is so fucking tasty on a cracker or something, holy crap!

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #219 on: 15 Mar 2008, 07:30 »

i'll be the first to admit that i am terrible at fashion. i don't really want to be good at it, though, so that's okay for now.

i probably can't consider myself decadent at all seeing as i live off a piddly student budget but a huge chunk of my funds still tends to go mainly towards expensive food and food-related products that i can't really realistically afford. i am a sucker for things that are delicious. a couple of months ago i bought a $80 coffee grinder because i decided i am too good for pre-ground coffee. i know that doesn't really sound like anything at all but considering i am perpetually broke it was probably a pretty ridiculous thing to do.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

ronin

« Reply #220 on: 15 Mar 2008, 08:42 »

I bought this last week instead of having my old watch fixed.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #221 on: 15 Mar 2008, 09:13 »

Things like shirts, plain t-shirts, jeans, socks, underwear and maybe nice jackets etc. I get from Marks and Spencers. The clothes are well made, mostly fairtrade or organic cotton, inexpensive and look very nice. The most expensive thing I have ever purchased from them (and thus the most expensive 'normal' fashion thing I have ever bought) was this linen jacket for some smart casual wear:

Though I don't wear it in such a cock-suckerish way.

I do have lots of coats and boots though. I have two pairs of combat boots (one British Patrol, one Bundeswehr Paratrooper) a pair of armoured Gripfast work boots and some classic Doc Martens. I also have two leather jackets (one biker style, one more like a single-breasted suit jacket, I suppose, with lapels), two leather trenchcoats (one of which cost £300, one of which cost £2. Tragically the £2 is much better styled and made.), two woodland DPM jackets (one British, unadorned, one German, covered in badges and patches) a grey wool trenchcoat (with purple ribbons down the front, part of an Alexander Anderson cosplay outfit), as well as a nice heavy green insulated raincoat, an old-school Barbour, complete with wire-supported hood, and a black sailing jacket. My over-riding concern with clothing is durability. I've got clothes I've been wearing for six or seven years, and I plan to wear them just as long again.

Fashion as a way of expressing yourself through dress is an awesome thing. Fashion that comes in magazines is an insane rip-off fest.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Sir Tacopuss

• Emoticontraindication
  • Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn
« Reply #222 on: 15 Mar 2008, 10:59 »

In terms of ridiculously impulsive buys, i present you the result of 3 hours of shopping:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/Verergoca/S5002580.jpg

harhar, thumbs up for the Space Marine Command Squad + Citadel Paint ;)

the last "decadent" thing i spent money on were these:

Bose In Ear Headphones. They were about 72€, but damn it, they're the best headphones i've owned in a while.

The next big spending i'm gonna make will be for an MSI Notebook with Core 2 Duo and 3 gig of ram, but my current pc is almost 8 years old. so that doesn't really count as "decadent".
To send - Onward to terminus triumphal flight sheds object form.
Orbitainer eyes the absolute and freed - walk alone.

SeanBateman

« Reply #223 on: 15 Mar 2008, 11:04 »

Fashion as a way of expressing yourself through dress is an awesome thing. Fashion that comes in magazines is an insane rip-off fest.

Explain this, because it makes no sense.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #224 on: 15 Mar 2008, 11:46 »

I do not think what I am wearing now cost me anything.

LOL NAKED JOKES

No but seriously my shirt was free and my knickers were gifts and my mom bought me my climbing pants. I like to think I am pretty good at exploiting the people who care about me. :)
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

öde

« Reply #225 on: 15 Mar 2008, 14:11 »

I don't like most of my clothes anymore.

Unfortunately most shops in Bournemouth are shit and charity shops don't have mens clothes.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #226 on: 15 Mar 2008, 16:33 »

just for the record, tonight i am living the rock and roll lifestyle.

except minus the hookers and blow, becaese im' still a virgin and my nasal passages are intact, but holy fuckbats am i drunk. free booze 'cause i'm in the band? fuck yeahhhhhhhhhsjiergmm okay somebody punch me i've already posted in the drunk thread

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #227 on: 15 Mar 2008, 16:34 »

I want to go into the Armani and Boss stores and look at suits, but I feel like I need to be wearing an expensive suit to just go in.

öde

« Reply #228 on: 15 Mar 2008, 18:18 »

I buy clothes that I never wear, like a German tracksuit top with 'SV Obertraubling' on the back, a green velvet blazer, etc.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #229 on: 16 Mar 2008, 05:40 »

Fashion as in 'the Fashion', you know, the one that changes arbitrarily every six weeks or so at the whim of some coke-snorting cocksuckers in New York and Paris. Yay, taste that's disposable! Yay, looking the same!
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

öde

« Reply #230 on: 16 Mar 2008, 05:52 »

There's a shop in Bournemouth called 'Clone Zone.'

SeanBateman

« Reply #231 on: 16 Mar 2008, 08:20 »

Fashion as in 'the Fashion', you know, the one that changes arbitrarily every six weeks or so at the whim of some coke-snorting cocksuckers in New York and Paris. Yay, taste that's disposable! Yay, looking the same!

But how is that different? You "look the same" as most other metal fans to the average person who isn't in touch with that culture, I am sure. And while the style might not change as often, I am willing to bet that you to some degree follow the sea change in that culture. What is the difference between following a taste that makes you happy and is originated by people in New York vs people in Norway or whatever? I love "The Fashion," although I tend to work more on predicting it than following it, just because I'd much rather be ahead of a trend than in it.

Note, I realize there are a lot of generalizations in that papargraph, but please don't take it as an attack. Purely me wondering where you see the difference between your $200 boots and my $200 sneakers.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #232 on: 16 Mar 2008, 11:05 »

My boots cost like, £40.

It's ridiculous because fashion is essentially controlled by a tiny elite who are both the creators and arbitors of taste and have everyone else running around behind them at their whim as they indulge in novelty for novelties sake. It's like fine art, but less durable.

littlelove

• Plantmonster
« Reply #233 on: 16 Mar 2008, 11:49 »

my impulse buy was my big red bong.
$70, and I barely use it because I can't smoke indoors and it is too awkward to carry around.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #234 on: 16 Mar 2008, 11:54 »

Fashion to me is a man standing next to a river and every so often he declares that the water flowing by him at that exact second is the best water you will ever taste and everyone pays $500 to taste the water before it goes past him because once it's past him it doesn't taste as good.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #235 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:15 »

That's a pretty good analogy for the fashion industry.  I have a friend who looks at Vogue and raves about certain things and I just think that if I saw a person walking down the street wrapped in purple metallic gauze fastened with a belt made of real yeti hair or whatever the hell they decide is fashionable this season, I'd probably be really confused. 

I actually made a (sort of) decadent purchase yesterday.  I've decided that one clothing item worth spending a little more money on is bras.  I went to a real lingerie shop instead of a department store, got an actual fitting, and walked away with the two most comfortable undergarments I've ever worn.  I might be down 90 bucks, but it was totally worth it.  I get most of my clothes from Goodwill or other secondhand stores, so for total clothing budget my average spending is pretty low.  I refuse to buy undergarments from Goodwill.  That just seems creepy.

SeanBateman

« Reply #236 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:27 »

I think you guys might just not "get" fashion. The people who do it well aren't the ones who follow the looks in Vogue or Elle or whatever. Firstly, those sell watered down two seasons old looks anyway, you'd be better off with Harpers. Second, well I can't explain it, so everyone go to this website.

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

It's just a guy who takes pictures of people he sees in the street who are dressed really well. I check it pretty regularly, because it is just fucking awesome. And people wearing stuff like this

Is basically art, in my mind. But it's art that every day, they get up and create. They wake up and put together something that works completely perfectly and they can feel good about it, and other people see it and say "oh shit look at that guys outfit" and that is just badass, I guess? I don't know how to explain it, really, but still.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #237 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:35 »

Yeah, the fashion design majors wear stuff like that every day. I'm kind of used to seeing those kind of clothes, but in a way that still makes me stop and think, "Huh, that's an interesting combination." But I wouldn't be able to wear a lot of that stuff without feeling really silly, because that's just not me, except for the last one (dress + funky colored flats) if I was going out.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #238 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:40 »

Holy shit, that blog is so good. I dress like a complete knob, myself, but still, that is neat.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

öde

« Reply #239 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:56 »

Even though the guys typing words are complete cockbags I like looking at the vice magazine 'dos and don'ts' because they find some really funkily dressed people.

tommydski

« Reply #240 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:07 »

To be contrary, for two years or so I had a girlfriend who worked for Karl Lagerfeld. The people in fashion I met during this time were the most incredibly headstrong, talented, unpretentious and unbelievably hardworking people I have ever met. I think something that I didn't appreciate before was that working in fashion requires you to be proficient in a wide range of skills. You have to be able to conceive, design, render and then actually make outfits on your own. This means every person has to be able to draw to an artistic and then technical standard, have an incredibly wide knowledge of materials and how they fit together as well as being able to literally make their designs with their own hands. It's only through many, many years of hard work do people earn proxies and functionaries to carry out these tasks. To these regular rank and file designers who work for the larger fashion houses, they put in an awful lot of work for comparatively little return. They don't do it out of some sense of 'cool', they do it because they genuinely love their craft and are every bit as committed to their art as anyone else.

However, the media coverage of fashion is often pretty misleading and every bit as distasteful as you might imagine.

Personally, when I wear specific outfits deliberately it is because they are functional. I utilise certain outfits in the same way you might use any tool you might have at your disposal. I have a couple of suits I use when I am running presentations for the company I work for because certain looks do subconciously alter people's perception. I am a professional and I feel like it is my duty to use every trick at my disposal for the good of my employers. On occasions, I may need to have the appearance of someone who is dynamic, authoritative and affluent. If people with money are more inclined to invest if they see a young man in an Armani suit, I'll wear an Armani suit. I'm being paid to get results and I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't perform to the best of my ability. This is what you might call goal-orientated fashion. No more different than if you had a job dressing up as Mickey Mouse at Disneyland.

On topic - I just spent $16,000 on a new kitchen.

SeanBateman

« Reply #241 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:12 »

My fashion is goal oriented too!

The goal is to get people who appreciate fashion to touch my penis.

tommydski

« Reply #242 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:20 »

Exactly.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #243 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:42 »

I kinda think that what you see in a magazine is more along the lines of the style that they want you to emulate. Therefore if you follow magazines you are stylish, not fashionable. The difference to me is that fashion is doing your own thing and being original, style is being a copycat.

I know that was worded really oddly but it makes sense in my head.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #244 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:58 »

I don't think style is necessarily being a copycat. I always thought of it as a way to categorize just what kind of fashion you're into, like genres or music, etc. Like it's a subset of fashion as a whole.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #245 on: 16 Mar 2008, 14:28 »

I use the words style and fashion the exact opposite way.  "Fashion" to me is more of the 'this is what is in right now and you should wear it regardless of how expensive or ridiculous it is.' while the word "style" seems more like a general sense of what looks good, which can be adapted to the individual.  Some people have style without necessarily following what is fashionable, but a person who wears something that is in fashion doesn't always demonstrate style. 

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #246 on: 16 Mar 2008, 14:49 »

Maybe that's what I was thinking. I think that's why it didn't sound quite right to me.
Liz is touching me.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #247 on: 16 Mar 2008, 14:56 »

That's exactly how I see it too. Style is how you wear your clothes, how they're put together and what you wear with what. Fashion is the actual clothes you buy, not how you wear them. Tomorrow I'll be wearing blue jeans bought several years ago (nicely cut but faded), tatty old trainers coloured with highlighters to make them more interesting, an old orange hoody that used to belong to my mum and is really a bit too small, and a gorgeous maroon tweed jacket with gold buttons. It works, as far as I'm concerned anyway, but none of the clothes are remotely fashionable.

Then again, style is very individual whereas fashion works the same for everyone. When someone goes into New Look, or whatever the equivalent is in other countries, and buys a new jacket or a dress, what they're buying is the comfort of being dressed how most people their (my) age are dressing. Style only works for the person it's on. I could never wear a suit, I'm too short and squidgy. Same with miniskirts. And yet some people can do just that and look great.

I know a girl who spends a fortune on clothes, and is always wearing designer stuff. She goes mad if anyone gets it mucky or even touches it. And yet she's barely remarkable. The only reason she's noticable is because she has a good bone structure and is strikingly pretty, but her personal style is fairly non-descript. She's an example of where fashion is supressing style. It's possible to have both, and some people do, but I think style is more important and it's definitely longer lasting.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #248 on: 16 Mar 2008, 14:58 »

While I make every attempt to make myself look presentable, my problem with fashion is that I would be most comfortable just lounging about in boxers all day.

I like wearing suits, though, particularly at places where they're not called for.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #249 on: 16 Mar 2008, 15:20 »

Fashion to me is a man standing next to a river and every so often he declares that the water flowing by him at that exact second is the best water you will ever taste and everyone pays $500 to taste the water before it goes past him because once it's past him it doesn't taste as good.

I drink water from a distiller. I can't taste the difference between that, Perrier, and a goddamn garden hose (something I would not like to test, though, as I would not like to contract hepatitis).

I do not care about fashion and I do not care about what style is popular. I just wear what I think looks good. It gets me mixed reviews, sure, but I really don't give a fuck about half of them, because that's the half that is bitching at me "Oh that outfit is unflattering". The other half is like "Oh you look great in that!" and I still don't care.

I will just put it out there, however, that my ridiculously inexpensive clothing looked awesome last night while I was performing. I got hit on. Twice. BOOYAHHHHHH TAPERED JEANS AREN'T OUT YET MOTHERFUCKERS.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up