THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 11:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questionable Content Movie?!  (Read 54790 times)

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
Re: Questionable Content Movie?!
« Reply #50 on: 09 Aug 2008, 20:02 »

Being a dick over bad spelling makes me more nauseous than actual bad spelling, to be honest.

Interestingly, until the 1970s films of Woody Allen, the primary meaning of "nauseous" was 1  : causing nausea or disgust : nauseating

I kid you not. According to Miriam Webster, that usage dates from 1612.

However, its meaning 2  : affected with nausea or disgust is much more common these days.

Of course, if you look in the dictionary under "pedantic", you will see

2 : narrowly, stodgily, and often ostentatiously learned : see JReynolds.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

frances65406

« Reply #51 on: 09 Jan 2009, 18:23 »

Kind of late to this, But I think it might be totally Insane and awesome. :) I think it might work as a tv movie type thing but would still be awesomely cool. Ellen Page as faye most definetly, but I think Ed Westwick as Sven, not for looks obviously but the way he plays Chuck Bass In Gossip I think he could definetly pull it off. And for a puzzling stammering confused marten I would have to say maybe zach braff...or a younger matthew perry.

HANNELORE, I laugh at actors trying to portray her. Muhahah.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #52 on: 10 Jan 2009, 09:18 »

Thread necrophillia - my new favourite word (learned at this forums).
*wanders off finding things to amuse himself*

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #53 on: 10 Jan 2009, 11:07 »

Christopher Walken as the voice of Pintsize.

FTW!

And if we can't get Christopher Walken...How about Maurice LaMarche.

With Rob Paulsen as the voice of Winslow.

I'll let you figure that one out.

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #54 on: 10 Jan 2009, 16:47 »

Thread necrophillia - my new favourite word (learned at this forums).
*wanders off finding things to amuse himself*

Pipe dreams refuse to die.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #55 on: 10 Jan 2009, 18:31 »

I started writing this not too long ago, but haven't gone back to it cos of uni stuff. So far I only have a prologue idea: of Marten leaving to live by himself. He gets a present from his mom to find it's Pintsize, then the opening title card comes up and the film begins.
First few lines I actually wrote:

EXT. Suburban house - day

A bicycle is squeaks its way to the front of an average suburban house. The rider dismounts and opens the gate to enter. A loud whip crack is heard.

Int. Suburban house - Day

"Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry plays loudly. a web camera and a laptop are set up on a table. On screen we see video playback of a woman in leather bondage gear cracking her whip and wrapping it around herself. A small IM Board next to it is buzzing with activity. The sound of a door opening and closing is heard from downstairs. Looking worried, Veronica Reed turns off the music, and closes the lid of the laptop. She exits the room and hurries down the stairs where Marten Reed removes a satchel and places it on the floor. He looks up at Veronica and sighs.

Veronica

Hey, honey. Home already?

Marten

(annoyed)

Mom, do you have to do this today? I mean, come on. I'm leaving tonight.

VERONICA

I'm sorry, honey. But I have to. It's my job and it's all the time. Besides, someone had to pay for the delivery truck.

MARTEN

There wasn't a lot anyway.

-0----- and that's it.....

By the way, I reckon Jared Leto (like he is in Requiem) would be a perfect MArten

There is no sin except stupidity

frances65406

« Reply #56 on: 11 Jan 2009, 17:39 »

i apologize for bringing this back from the dead, but that script that was started, definetly interesting :)

Evander

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://evander.joethecat.com
« Reply #57 on: 11 Jan 2009, 20:35 »

I was about to suggest that Tracy Morgan voice pintsize.

Then I noticed that I'd already suggested him for every single role.
Make flame love, not flame war.

Lyrical M

« Reply #58 on: 12 Jan 2009, 03:14 »

There deffinetly should be a movie... or at least a tv show... one of a few good ones.

ladydraykona

« Reply #59 on: 18 Jan 2009, 17:44 »

What about animated webisodes covering the smaller story arcs? 10 or 15 minutes apiece. That way, the quick-witted snarky sassyness wouldn't be overwhelming and the plot wouldn't be lost.

Kaervak

« Reply #60 on: 18 Jan 2009, 17:59 »

Animated/Live action QC would be a little weird.  Trying to cast voice actors/live actors to fill the personas we've created in our heads could end up in impressively spectacular failure.  With that said, it would be interesting to watch. 

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #61 on: 19 Jan 2009, 16:38 »

Perhaps someone could put together a LEGO animation of QC, similar to the Eddie Izzard animation linked to.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

ChippyD

• Plantmonster
« Reply #62 on: 21 Jan 2009, 16:09 »

Honestly, this would not work as a movie.

Now as a short series for HBO for example, now there's some token material work to be had. At 45-50 minutes a pop, you could very addequetly captures QC and make it work over a 15-25 episode run. Maybe a bit more depending on how much filler material you want to put in.

I view it as a core rule that whenever the source material is extensive in character development, a movie will always fail to please its audience. Where as with a mini-series, you have far more room to get what needs to be done...done.

I could even easily see this shot as an independent series for the web. With the exception of a few sci-fi bits, the comic is set relatively within realistic standards. The roles aren't glamorous, and the locations aren't anything that can't be done in a public setting.

Even characters like Pintsize and Winslow could be done with amateur CGI, or godforbid in this day and age, puppetry. You'd be very surprised at what a low-budget can get you these days in the CGI department. And latex comes cheaper than ever, now that there is less and less demand for it, so far as I can tell.

sofiabailote

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #63 on: 22 Jan 2009, 01:58 »

... And latex comes cheaper than ever, now that there is less and less demand for it, so far as I can tell.

maybe all characters could be played by latex animatronics  :evil:

mister mime

« Reply #64 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:25 »

noooooooooooooo

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #65 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:32 »

I think low-budget is wayyyy underrated. I watched Hogfather this Christmas and was very impressed with what the production team did on a relative shoestring (TV budget as opposed to a motion picture budget). To me, it was just as affective as anything I've seen in the Potter series at putting the viewer in the author's world. So using puppets for Pintsize and Winslow, shot in digital with gear like they used on Hogfather would work. I think it would be rather easy to make them look as 'real' as needed, since they are supposed to be mechanical anyway (meaning jerky movements might be acceptable). Check it out if you're interested http://www.definitionmagazine.com/issue_pdfs/def21/hogfather_in_hd.pdf.

But I wonder if the feel of QC really lends itself to any other media other than a four-six (usually) panel comic strip. I'm afraid that you'd have to choose present one aspect of it at the expense of others. I think ChippyD's suggestion of a miniseries would fly, although I wonder if 25-thirty minute episodes with some cliffhangers might not work better. Conversely, though, I suppose an hour production could really be two half-hours presented concurrently, switching back and forth from one to the other, perhaps with some undercurrent (such as a Pintsize shenanigan) fitted in as well.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

BlackBooks

« Reply #66 on: 22 Jan 2009, 23:23 »

Knowing the douche-nozzles at Hollywood, they'd probably cast the latest A-list idiots in the roles, and I'd have to sit through 3 hours of Justin Long or Shia "Ass-hat" LaBoeuf as Marten. It's a pity John Cusack is too old. Zach Braff might be able to pull it off, though.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #67 on: 23 Jan 2009, 04:57 »

If Paul Rudd was like 15 years younger, it would be him

braindead

« Reply #68 on: 29 Jan 2009, 06:19 »

Am i the only one that thinks it should be an animation, id go for the team that did the spirit with in, I feel its the only way that wouldn't ruin Pintsize.

or if Jeph is up for it, then it could be a flash movie definitely more work but a couple of 5 to 10 minute clips a week would rock he could even setup a Chanel on youtube. (would be great exposure and i am sure ppl would by any DVD collections when those came out  i know i would)

gnarlyducks

« Reply #69 on: 29 Jan 2009, 23:22 »

Bruce Campbell as Dora's dad.

Screw it, Bruce Campbell as everyone

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #70 on: 03 Feb 2009, 09:29 »

And now for the next edition of Surreal Cinema… Questionable Content, starring Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, and Bruce Campbell. Featuring Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, and Bruce Campbell. With special appearances by Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell,  and Bruce Campbell, and special guest star Ted Raimi as Jimbo.

Actually, Jimbo is the only role I could see Bruce in. Almost everyone else is simply too skinny and/or too female. Mr, Bianchi is Bruno Kirby.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009, 09:31 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #71 on: 03 Feb 2009, 11:45 »

Just because I like the format and to go for a medium that is about as opposite to a comic as possible: audioplay skits.

10 minutes of a typical day's "business" in Coffee of Doom would be hilarious. I can taste the sarcasm already.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #72 on: 03 Feb 2009, 12:48 »

i can taste a sandwich, cos I just made one

Probably nicer than sarcasm

ding

« Reply #73 on: 03 Feb 2009, 18:02 »

I think QC the Movie (QCTM) should start with comic one, breeze through this boring Dora thing while Fay resolves her daddy issues, then culminate with Martin confessing his nerdy love followed immediately by awkward sex.

That's where this thing is headed, right? A seven year long cock tease?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #74 on: 09 Feb 2009, 15:36 »

It's a slice of life, and life is a cocktease.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

chrisa1

• Plantmonster
« Reply #75 on: 11 Feb 2009, 15:49 »

And now for the next edition of Surreal Cinema… Questionable Content, starring Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, and Bruce Campbell. Featuring Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell, and Bruce Campbell. With special appearances by Bruce Campbell, Bruce Campbell,  and Bruce Campbell, and special guest star Ted Raimi as Jimbo.

Actually, Jimbo is the only role I could see Bruce in. Almost everyone else is simply too skinny and/or too female. Mr. Bianchi is Bruno Kirby.

Um. Bruno Kirby is dead? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0456124/

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #76 on: 12 Feb 2009, 02:06 »

Oh, come on, next thing you're going to be telling me is that Jack Palance is... yikes.

Sigh... and Bruno Kirby would have been such a perfect Mr. Bianchi, too. I could just picture him in the living room talk scene with Marten. And third-rate fantasy and sci-fi movies won't be the same without Palance to kick around any more (often literally) as the villain who makes the thing interesting.

Here's to both of them, and to Ossie Davis, too, who passed away last week.

ladydraykona

« Reply #77 on: 12 Feb 2009, 20:43 »

Am i the only one that thinks it should be an animation, id go for the team that did the spirit with in, I feel its the only way that wouldn't ruin Pintsize.

or if Jeph is up for it, then it could be a flash movie definitely more work but a couple of 5 to 10 minute clips a week would rock he could even setup a Chanel on youtube. (would be great exposure and i am sure ppl would by any DVD collections when those came out  i know i would)

um, no, that's what I suggested. Animated webisodes, hosted on youtube or hulu or some such thing. Too much work for Jeph though, he's got his hands full with the comic.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #78 on: 13 Feb 2009, 03:23 »

Every time I see the top of this page, I keep getting Wes Craven and Wes Anderson mixed up and end up thinking QC on Elm Street

Merge

Where in the World is Sara?
« Reply #79 on: 15 Feb 2009, 16:27 »

Ok, we've already discussed that the plot of QC is a bit loose to make a good movie line.....BUT

Whatever happened to Sara?  We've been asking about her, wondering if she'll ever come back... Because there's so little info, it'd make a pretty cool movie to explain it to readers, and with the right spin, be a half way decent romantic comedy...

Think about it...

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #80 on: 15 Feb 2009, 19:16 »

She got eaten by an allosaurus, dude.  Following her life now would make for the most boring documetary ever, even one following translocated dung beetles struggling to survive in Boston.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up