THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 May 2024, 12:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox Live headsets  (Read 2641 times)

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
Xbox Live headsets
« on: 21 Aug 2008, 15:16 »

I want to buy a new headset for Live because I find the standard headsets to be pretty awful. Too quiet with poor sound quality.

I'm currently leaning towards the Microsoft wireless headset, but I would like to hear the opinions of anyone who's tried alternative headsets.

I thought about the Turtle Beach ones that integrate game sound with Live, but they use IR for their wireless tech, which is a deal-breaker. Are there any good RF wireless headsets out there that do stereo game sound as well as wirelessly transmit Live chat?

I've also considered just hacking in an amplifier to the headset. My main complaint, aside from the wires, is that it's just too quiet.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Xbox Live headsets
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2008, 21:16 »

The Microsoft wireless sucks, according to everyone. Beyond that, no advice.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Ancient

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2008, 21:18 »

Well, I just want to say I'm glad you're not getting a Microsoft headset, they remade them with the mute button on the neck instead of right next to the controller. No word on if the sound is better quality.

Sylens21

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2008, 01:59 »

It's not bad quality.  I own two, actually.  One came with my system, the other came with the ChatPad.  But the mute swith on the cord isn't really a big deal.  I haven't had a problem with it yet.  If you go MS headset, the newer ones are your best bet.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2008, 10:03 »

I have both styles of the standard headset. I didn't much like the old one, and the new one was just as bad, albeit with a better placed mute/volume control.

I've heard that wired cellphone headsets work, maybe I'll check one of those out. The Plantronics one is basically the same as Plantronic's wired headset.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2008, 15:28 »

The wired phones headsets (with the mini plug) do work for the 360, and vice versa for the phones.

For Second party alternatives, they suck.  They are either uncomfortable to wear, or their quality is worse than the MS ones. 

Best bet is a nice hands-free wired cord.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up