THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 10 Jun 2024, 07:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make your debut album  (Read 13819 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
Re: Make your debut album
« Reply #50 on: 17 Jun 2008, 09:50 »

Texas Brown Snake - Theory, Change the Facts

This post-hardcore trio has always had a bit of silliness to it. Implementing two female vocalists to sing about exploding armadillos along with whacked out keyboard and guitar parts, they create incredibly catchy post-hardcore that one would rather dance to than mosh to. Perfect for those hot summer nights where you just wanna take your shirt off and jump around, Texas Brown Snake is releasing their new album, Theory, Change the Facts, at the end of this month.

- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #51 on: 17 Jun 2008, 10:15 »

Anthony Cleasby -
Twilight Home in Australia

After years in the background, this yeomen Australian guitarist's debut album attempts to rebuild old fashioned rock n' roll from the ground up, taking the simple structure made famous in the 1950s by Americans suck as Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly, and dropping it in the context of modern Australia. Though at it's worst moments, it feels too much like an exercise in cheesy nostalgia for classic cars and young girls, it's best moments successfully celebrate the joys and ironies of middle age while winking at the humor of feeling nostalgic for another country's youth.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

BaneAtvar

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #52 on: 17 Jun 2008, 18:18 »

Biggest Bluest Hi Fi - And Have no Self

This post-rock british based band launched their debut album on 29th November, 2043. They were known for their electrizing performances on stage, and raging attitude towars the press. After 3 months in studio, the lead singer decided he was meant to be a goat herder in Iceland, and thus the band broke apart. They joined on stage in September of 2049 for their last performance. A memorable act, in which the drummer stabbed the bass player in the eye with a drumstick, and the leadsinger committed suicide on stage.
- in Rolling Stone, February 2050

--------------------

Carl Gustaf Löwenhielm - To Be An Orange

Carl Gustaf Löwenhielm was a classical composer in the mid-1940's. Dysmaied by his lack of renown, he suffered from severe depression until the 1960's, where he was introduced to what we today know as LSD. He became a big endorser of this hallucinogenic drug, and composed his first psychadelic rock LP. His second album was recorded and produced, but was never titled. Löwenhielm (or Louie, as his imaginary friends called him) went crazy trying to find a album name that would rhyme with the first album. He died in 1997, in the Ravenholm Hospital for the Mentally Ill.

--------------------

California is a fine place to live--if you happen to be an orange.
    Fred Allen (1894 - 1956)

That's the coolest last 4 words, EVER.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2008, 18:21 by BaneAtvar »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #53 on: 17 Jun 2008, 19:52 »

That is also a fantastic album cover.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #54 on: 17 Jun 2008, 20:00 »

Does anyone else read through this and get profoundly disappointed that these albums don't exist? I want to listen to AMS (acute muscle soreness), Texas Brown Snake and Carl Gustaf Löwenhielm.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #55 on: 17 Jun 2008, 20:12 »

Mossie Dowling- Desire Creates the Power

I think this one would be a combination of Explosions in the Sky, Shearwater, Songs:Ohia, and Andrew Bird.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up