THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 May 2024, 15:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Conduit - Wii  (Read 4919 times)

CarbonatedWeasel

The Conduit - Wii
« on: 30 May 2008, 00:02 »

Have you guys checked this game out yet? Because if not, you really should.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/874/874796p1.html
I am so pumped for this game it is almost crazy,  Ive really wanted a worthwhile shooter on the console for a while and so far all I have gotten was Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and to say the least the game is... lacking.   It handles really nice but the graphics, levels, multiplayer and everything is just lackluster. But this one is being made especially for the Wii and I really, really hope it will be good, nay, great.
Plus, the team making it has put a lot of work into the graphics of the game so they get props for that as opposed to everyone else who thinks that ps2 grade graphics are acceptable.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: The Conduit - Wii
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2008, 07:38 »

Ummm, are you unfamiliar with Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 3? They're not pure first person shooters, but they use the same mechanics and are probably the best you'll see on the Wii. Both of them absolutely perfected the control scheme.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

CarbonatedWeasel

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2008, 13:31 »

Yeah, I kinda forgot about MP3, Im really not sure how seeing as the game is amazing but yeah.   Resident Evil isnt so much a FPS so I wouldnt really consider it in this but it is still also a really good game.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2008, 13:32 »

Point one: You said shooter, not first person shooter. There's a difference.

Point two: Resident Evil 4 is essentially a third person first person shooter. It plays and controls like a first person shooter, for the most part. The prime difference really only being that it's in the third person.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

CarbonatedWeasel

« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2008, 13:43 »

Point one: I DID only say shooter, touche, sir.

Point two: RE4 doesnt control exactly like a typical first person shooter.  Im mostly just saying this due to the pure lack of strafing at any point and that you dont always have your gun out and when you do, you need to stop moving.   Its similar in someways to an FPS but not the same.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2008, 21:54 »

Im trying to get more excited about last gen graphics, but there really doesnt seem to be anything really unique/compelling to bring me in besides.  I dindt come to shit on your thread, im longing for/excited for a good FPS as well.

ackblom12

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2008, 22:35 »

The vibe I'm getting from the game seems to be a bit of N64 Perfect Dark. If it can nail that at all I'm willing to overlook a lot of things that could go wrong with it.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #7 on: 01 Jun 2008, 14:45 »

If I get the game i am gonna be shotgunning the hell out of everyone, screw the spooky alien weapons.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr
Pages: [1]   Go Up