THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 10:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765606 times)

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!

ATTN blog thread!

I have graduated!
Actually, I will have graduated in 3 weeks' time but that's just paperwork and a day of celebinging followed by a night of drunkery. Inofficially, I have 100% of my marks, all my papers and my thesis went through and no one can take it away from me now! YAAAAAY!

Also, I'm preparing my job search and interview schedule while fledging out first plans for my post-graduation and post-job-finding world trip. So far it looks like a round-the-world ticket going West (USA, Canada and Latin America, then Australia and maybe South-East Asia and then back to Europe).

In bad news, things with my girlfriend look like coming to an end and my old landlord is giving me shit about shit I do no longer care about.
Most of these things will take care of themselves but it's better to put some effort in.
Which is hard if you could be thinking about exotic places to see or money to earn.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Yesterday my sister had a large jar of rose-oil spill over the entirety of her lap-top she has been freaking out ever since. She doesn't need this, she's doing her HSC and does all her notes on her lap-top.
Today, because of her complete lack of calm and focus she somehow deleted my fathers account on his computer when she tried creating herself one. She kept saying, "He's gonna kill me, i just know it!" and sobbing uncontrollably. I spent a fair while calming her down and we then called a friend who works in IT and he walked her through recovering the files. Didn't calm her down and she is now hiding from my father in her room downstairs. She doesn't actually need to, he'll just get annoyed at her carelessness and then let it go. Dad is incredibly outgoing and isn't dumb enough to just leave his files on a computer and not back them up on his USB. There was no real problem except for her freaking out and I've spent a large part of my 'arvo keeping her calm.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Blog Thread,

So it's the weirdest thing.  I don't know if you will all recall when I went through my 'real job looking' phase.  And I got 2 interveiws in which I got to the top 2 and then just missed out?

WELL

On Tuesday last week (the day after I broke up with Loxley) Loxley had come over to get some books or something and so there was crying from me because it was sad etc and my phone rang.  And it was the first of these places that interveied me offering me a job!  Worst timing ever on their part.  I was all ABLOBLOBLOO WHAT I CANT I DONT WANNA ABLOO BLOO and turned them down.  But that also was because they were located really inconviniently and it would be impossible for me to get to work short of taking a taxi everyday which is just crazy.  Also it was shit money.  I earn way mor enow as a casual grocery girl.

So that was ok.  And then today I had like 3 missed calls on my mobile from an annonymous number and when I got home there was a message on my home phone.  GUESS WHO IT WAS FROM?  The other people who gave me an interview!  Asking me to call them back.  SO I assume they are also going to offer me a job, which will make me sad because they are right on the edge of town, even further than the other one.  And after they turned me down for thee first job they had mentioned they would call me if any marketing jobs came up.  Which would be ideal, if they wern't so fucking out of the way.  I think they might have an office in town though, so I will call them back tomorrow.

Basically I keep getting offered jobs since i broike up with Loxley. WOO
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I'm pretty sure Lunchy's cat doesn't like me which, while making me a little sad, is probably for the best because I am so allergic to it.

attaboy, focus on the silver lining! Cats disliking you can be a good thing! In my case, because my fiancee's cat dislikes me it keeps her (the cat) from throwing up on long car trips. Her rage is so focused that she forgets to be sick.

Thaes

• Furry furrier

Dear Blög,

my temporary insanity ended today as I ceased working as a telemarketer. Well, the actual reason was that the salary was based completely on how many things you sold, and considering that I managed to sell two of them during these weeks...

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Fuckin' colds.

I'm a little disappointed recently because I went to see Nine Inch Nails last week and saw the end of Deerhunter's set and while I enjoyed it (it was sort of like an airplane taking off in front of you) the second leg of the tour has been announced with much better openers, HEALTH and Boris. They will not be coming to my town. I would really have liked to see Boris at Red Rocks.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.

The latest from the life of Coward:

Now off to war, back next year.

Adios.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Sorry to see you go!

Au revoir.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

StreetSpirit

• Obscure cultural reference
  • "Type "cookie", you idiot."
    • Last.FM

So. I just got hired for my part time night job at a great local coffee shop (Heine Bros.) that will work perfectly with my day job at the deli and allow me to actually save some money for once in my life (as opposed to just delegating the checks towards: rent, bills, booze, food, and occasionally ganja). This is an exciting moment in my life because I have always worked at locally owned coffee shops (that is if always can actually mean eight years of my life ....) and have yet to really plant roots here in Louisville, so this will help me become more at home here. It looks as if I may actually be staying in one place for a while now, since everything seems to be falling perfectly in place and the neighborhood I live in freakin' rocks: long live the Highlands of Louisville!

Smile!
"Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!"
-The 10th Doctor (doctor who)

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Tomorrow I am moving into a friend's spare room as a temporary measure until I can get the keys to my new flat (which will be sometime in the next few weeks), unfortunately I won't be taking my computer with me so I'll only have internet access through my uni library until I'm in my new flat and have the internets sorted out. Moving is a bit of a bitch, but I guess I'll just keep everything I take to my mate's flat in boxes for the few weeks I'll be there. Other than that though I am all kinds of excited for uni starting again and I'm actually pretty far ahead with my reading so this semester shouldn't have too many OH SWEET JESUS I NEED TO GET THIS DONE moments.

I will see you next time I internet, forum.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung

So. I just got hired for my part time night job at a great local coffee shop (Heine Bros.) that will work perfectly with my day job at the deli and allow me to actually save some money for once in my life (as opposed to just delegating the checks towards: rent, bills, booze, food, and occasionally ganja). This is an exciting moment in my life because I have always worked at locally owned coffee shops (that is if always can actually mean eight years of my life ....) and have yet to really plant roots here in Louisville, so this will help me become more at home here. It looks as if I may actually be staying in one place for a while now, since everything seems to be falling perfectly in place and the neighborhood I live in freakin' rocks: long live the Highlands of Louisville!

Smile!

Hey, someone else in Louisville. Heine Bros. is a good place to work from everything I've heard.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

StreetSpirit

• Obscure cultural reference
  • "Type "cookie", you idiot."
    • Last.FM

Benji, I have heard the same - we will have to see how it goes! It is at one of their busier stores (Eastern Pwky. and Bardstown) so it ought to be pretty interesting.

Nice to meet another Louisville forumite!
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2008, 04:35 by StreetSpirit »
"Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!"
-The 10th Doctor (doctor who)

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn

benji

Benji's in Louisville. Oli's in Glasgow (I think).

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

DEAR BLOG THREAD

I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY EARS AND I CAN'T HEAR VERY WELL, PARTICULARLY OUT OF MY RIGHT. THIS ISN'T A GOOD THING AT ALL, PARTICULARLY IF YOU'RE (LIKE ME) DOING LIVE SOUND FOR A BAND ON SUNDAY NIGHT
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building

DEAR BLOG THREAD

I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY EARS AND I CAN'T HEAR VERY WELL, PARTICULARLY OUT OF MY RIGHT. THIS ISN'T A GOOD THING AT ALL, PARTICULARLY IF YOU'RE (LIKE ME) DOING LIVE SOUND FOR A BAND ON SUNDAY NIGHT
Urgh, I've had that problem lately because of the damnable cold I've had for the last 6 to 8 weeks. Whenever it seems like it's clearing up I'll come down with another one. My left ear's felt like it's been packed with cotton wool for a while now. It's finally clearing up again, thank god. Hopefully this time it'll last.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

Lines

• Awakened

I came back and saw a new subforum and there's no one in gabbly. Details.

So I got a call back from the theater, no luck, but that crappy job fair got me an interview at Staples, so whatever. I had an interview Friday and am waiting to hear back (if I hear back). Also, I'm applying to any place around I can think of (again). I'm considering going back to Michaels for a few months and save up some money and sanity while I look for something better.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage

We got a new gabbly is what's up! It's pretty rad.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Nekkoru

• Not quite a lurker

So I have been listening to my dad's tapes recently. AC/DC's High Voltage and Let There Be Rock, Underdog's True Blue demo and Headcleaner's Head of the Next One. Underdog is a very nice punk/ska hybrid - it sounds a bit like the first RATM record. Altough you can't get their tapes or anything anymore, they do have a Myspace. http://www.myspace.com/underdognyc.

Headcleaner, on the other hand, is very different. It is definately heavier, faster and more noise-like than Underdog. When my dad said it was a noise album, I expected something akin to Sonic Youth's first outing. What I got was a really enjoyable tape that is going to be my number one for some time.

I need a walkman.

In related news, I finally bought the first Ramones CD, the MGMT album and OK Computer by Radiohead.

MGMT equals joy, OK Computer equals Thom Yorke screaming in his falsetto over the whole album. Radiohead karaoke must look really awkward. Still, awesome inlay.

Okay, eight albums legally aquired, about one hundred left to go so I have my whole collection of music legal. I said no to illegal MP3s, but they did not listen.

Lines

• Awakened

We got a new gabbly is what's up! It's pretty rad.

Then link me or PM me! I am lost!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

hey guys, here's what's up with me, in chronological order:

- i'm hopelessly addicted to Spore
- i quit smoking
- my insomnia came back
- the girl i like doesn't like me
- i started smoking again
- my insomnia went away
- i got a raise!

some of those bullets are direct results of other bullets. try to guess which.

Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

benji

Well, he did say they were in chronological order, so that's a pretty big hint.

My guess is:

new addiction + quitting old addiction = insomnia.

girl not liking him is probably unrelated unless she happens to be the one writing that anti-spore blog.

girl not liking him = smoking again to relieve stress/because he really quit to impress her in the first place so fuck it.

stress relief from smoking again + stress relief of not wondering if girl likes him anymore = get some sleep

(get some sleep = not dead tired at work any more) + (not wondering about girl liking him all the time = more time thinking about job) = increased productivity = raise.

Ok, the last one is probably a stretch.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

I love you guys. Really truly.
Ho, ho, ho!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

haha actually Spore and getting a raise were completely seperate incidents from the rest of the list but nice work coming up with a way for them to fit together.

i actually got a raise because i should have gotten it over a year ago but my boss is a stoner and thought he already gave me a raise.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Hey it's me again, knock knock,

I applied for Bank of America today, I hope I get the job. It would be so much better because I'd actually get 40 hours and probably get paid more than $10 an hour.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

to celebrate being another year older, i bought a new ipod and sold my old one almost instantly which was pretty cool considering it was free (re: left behind by my shitty previous housemate who bailed in the middle of the night one day and never came back). then i went to the apple website and discovered that if i had waited, like, just a little bit longer i could have gotten one of those new nanos that look fucking amazing. and then i also realized that i am very privileged for ipods to even be a legitimate thing for me to complain about in the first place so fucking, whatever.
mostly i am kind of bummed that i can no longer justify having no idea what to do with my life by saying "it's okay, i'm still so young!" because dang, 21 feels too old to be as confused as i am.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i think alot of 21 year olds are confused.

just look at me: i'm 21 and i have no idea what's up and i show no signs of changing.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.

Same here but i got plans!

like when evening comes i will cruise around in my little fiat punto and radio will blast ESG after that i migth go to bar if i lived near to you i would take you with me.

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2008, 00:27 by Dollface »
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I am 23 and still have no idea! Three weeks ago out of nowhere I bailed completely on my old life by changing cities, changing my relationship status, and changing my job. Today I changed it a little bit more by getting all my hair cut off! It looks pretty fantastic I think. I am getting more and more into this groovy Sydney vibe.
Also yeah, I am living with Jimmy the Squid! He is a good housemate, I think. I actually haven't spent any time at home since we moved in aside from sleeping because I've been so very very busy and having to pay things and people lots of my new lovely money which is no fun. (This is why I needed the haircut! It is the first thing I have properly bought for myself that is not food I think.) One day I will be able to maybe buy some new clothes or sheets or something, I dunno.

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Then let us have pictures of this lack of hair! Hell, it's probably on the photo thread I just posted on, I don't know. But personally I'm getting a mental image of a shaved head which is very interesting  :lol:

Dear blog thread:

Wooo! I win. I was taken off the cattery by my hell-bitch co-worker. Cannot be bothered with background and fuck, none of you care (I looove being able to swear on here. It makes me itchy not being able to swear on other forums). So yeah I work at a vet clinic and one of my jobs was looking after the cattery 5 days out of 7. I was taken off it to 2/7 days: was upset and almost quit (on top of a lot of shit). Then was going to fight it. Then couldn't be fucked, thought I'd reconciled myself to it. Then I visited my cats (they is! Mine!) one day when my useless co-worker was looking after them and I felt incredibly depressed, realised how much I missed it even though it's hard work and time-consuming (and my job description minus cattery = talking to the co-worker I really like for half the day so no problems there, hehe). Well my boss/co-worker told OUR boss that the woman doing the cattery doesn't like it, and I really want it and DAMMIT I DO A BETTER JOB so I have my cats back. Seriously, so happy, I love my cats.

Despite the occasional stress with angry/stressy cats working in the cattery has really deepened my love of cats. I've always loved them but been more of a dog person... I'd still say if I had to pick I'm more of a dog person but only by the faintest sliver. Cats are awesome, those who hate cats need to pull their heads out of their arses.

That is all  :mrgreen:

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dearest Interwebs,

I will be gone from you for three whole days starting tomorrow while my phone is switched over to my new house.  This is probably a good thing as I keep being distracted from packing by the interwebs and I really need to finish that tomorrow!
Anyway, I will miss you all terribly and count the moments we are apart etc etc.  I will be back on Monday! <3
Many loves
Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.

every time i see pantsFTW epileptic avatar, I die a little inside.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

tuna ketchup x

A client shoved me at work today. I'm a lot less upset than I thought I'd be, but still pretty fucking upset. If I'm to be a security force as well as a secretary I better get paid like security.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Wow.

What kind of work do you do?

The only thing that is currently annoying at my job is the man who is making WAY to much noise messing around with his kid.  How annoying do you have to be to be making more noise than your baby in library?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

mostly i am kind of bummed that i can no longer justify having no idea what to do with my life by saying "it's okay, i'm still so young!" because dang, 21 feels too old to be as confused as i am.
Man, don't make me feel old. I just turned 22.

And don't rush yourself or anything. We are, in fact, young. Besides, being aimless is just a consequence of being as well-off as we are. I don't know what I'm good at because applying myself has never been a requirement for maintaining the way I live.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug

got my cast put on. my foot looks messed

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

i can no longer justify having no idea what to do with my life by saying "it's okay, i'm still so young!" because dang, 21 feels too old to be as confused as i am.

god you are so slow, I had my everything figured out before graduating high school

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Dear Blog Thread,

I think I'm in love right now.

Anthony
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

Dear Blog Thread,

Today I'm packing for moving to Dundee for Uni. My room is incredibly messy and the dust has made me lightheaded and runny in the nose. I won't have a computer for a some time, so I may not be around for a while.

See you in the future.
Get off my land

tuna ketchup x

i can no longer justify having no idea what to do with my life by saying "it's okay, i'm still so young!" because dang, 21 feels too old to be as confused as i am.

god you are so slow, I had my everything figured out before graduating high school

Slacker, I had everything planned out by the end of fifth grade. Stay on the ball, stay on the wall.

In other news, I may have lost my mp3 player. That I've had for less than a month. I feel so stupid.

Also we found out one of our cats has breast cancer. It's in situ so it's quite operable, but still, a bummer.

What a week!

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

"There's a chicken in our backyard!"

We live in the suburbs, not on farmland miles out in the country, although that would be cool, too.  Anyway, when you live in the burbs with little backyards with cyclone fencing around them, you don't expect to see a chicken out there when you look out the window.  Imagine my surprise, then, when my wife yelled out the quote above.  I looked, and indeed there was a chicken in our backyard.  Why?  How?  Is it planning something?  Have we been selected perhaps for some kind of honor, or maybe as victims in some devious poultry-based plot?

You know how chickens don't really fly, but can flap their wings and shorta jump-fly short distances?  She did just that, over the fence, into our neighbor's yard, thus becoming his problem.  I hope she takes him out, really, 'cause he's a dick.

But now I miss her.  I thought we had something there for a minute, then she was gone, out of my life forever...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

On the train home today I had an interesting encounter. Some random dude comes up and asks me if I believe in God (I hedge and say I'm not very religious,) followed by if I believe in the Big Bang (yes,) and then when he asks "So you think we're an accident?" I just explain that I'm not comfortable with the conversation.

How would you react?

benji

I would ask him why he feels that the big bang had to be accidental and not a deliberate action by a higher power. Then I would point out that many things in the universe appear chaotic to human beings, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are chaotic from a purely mathematical perspective, just that we don't know all of the variables involved. But I'm pretty comfortable discussing religious beliefs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

In the back of my head I was just thinking "man I'm just trying to get home from work, I am not looking to be accosted by some jesus freak."

benji

In that case, I probably would have just answered yes to his first question, and yes to his 2nd, and no to this 3rd and tried to leave it at that. I find that simple, straight forward, honest answers followed by clear disinterest often gets people to leave me alone in those situations. Of course, this may work better for me because I am religious and can therefor fall back on pointing out that I already go to church a minimum of twice a week and I'm strongly committed to the one I go to.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Today I worked very hard for my two free periods in the morning, then reasonably hard in my law lesson, then went to buy some food for my next free period, then worked hard again for the last two periods.

I feel that I was quite productive today. This is a good thing. I also got lots of my homework done which frees up tomorrow for spending in Birmingham visiting the university super-campus (it has its own doctors' surgery and train station).

Nothing of note happened really. But I still wanted to blog it because, I guess, I'm a big egomaniac.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

On the train home today I had an interesting encounter. Some random dude comes up and asks me if I believe in God (I hedge and say I'm not very religious,) followed by if I believe in the Big Bang (yes,) and then when he asks "So you think we're an accident?" I just explain that I'm not comfortable with the conversation.

How would you react?

i would use every piece of information in my head to try to make him understand what i believe and why. i can't help myself when it comes to conversations like that and apparently i can be pretty convincing: a religious friend of mine once tried to get me to see how religion is right and god is real etc. but by the end of the conversation he no longer believed in God, or the soul and said "i can't believe how stupid i've been."

it was a proud moment...i guess? it wasn't really my intention to convert anybody but whatever.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I just say politely that I hope he's as happy with his beliefs as I am with mine, and then turn away.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 82   Go Up