THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 May 2024, 08:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 768199 times)

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate

I would point out that some other famous people to say that quote was Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, call him a nazi, and leave offended.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Guys.

Don't argue with lunatics on public transit.

Don't be that kind of person.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Speaking of talking with lunatics, I bummed a jack to a crazy old white dude and we had a hilarious 5 minute conversation about the technique of bumming jacks.

Also in my Social Justice class today, a kid told me I know nothing about politics since I believe in the whole "lets distribute wealth somewhat evenly instead of have some rich people and a shit ton of poor people."

Right before he said this he stated that last night Obama dropped Biden for Hillary. To say the least I was not pleased with him.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

CarrionMan

• The RP Syndicate

You know, I think Mexico is doing well. Yes, let's have a small amount of rich people and a massive amount of white people. Or poor people.

I decided that if I typed something wrong in this post, I'll leave it like the way I typed it. Thus, white people.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

On the train home today I had an interesting encounter. Some random dude comes up and asks me if I believe in God (I hedge and say I'm not very religious,) followed by if I believe in the Big Bang (yes,) and then when he asks "So you think we're an accident?" I just explain that I'm not comfortable with the conversation.

How would you react?

i would use every piece of information in my head to try to make him understand what i believe and why. i can't help myself when it comes to conversations like that and apparently i can be pretty convincing: a religious friend of mine once tried to get me to see how religion is right and god is real etc. but by the end of the conversation he no longer believed in God, or the soul and said "i can't believe how stupid i've been."

it was a proud moment...i guess? it wasn't really my intention to convert anybody but whatever.

A few years ago, while I was going through my re-working of my entire life view (I had been going through a period of massive depression, spent a few weeks in a 'rehabilitation center', had gone to a Catholic school for 9 years prior to that and unlike most people there, I actually read the bible and found how full of shit it was but never really dropped the religion until I started looking into philosophy, history, other religions, and got a competent therapist) and I was militantly atheist. I ran into the old priest of the church/school I had gone to and confronted him about how he had told kids that they would be going to hell if they didn't change. He tried to brush it off. I kept pushing him. He said I should come to his home to have a lengthier discussion (hurr hurr yeah, catholic priests, molestations, didn't happen. I was 14.) I stayed there for 5 hours debating him, during the course of which he started to cry when he couldn't rebut the bulk of what I argued.

2 weeks later, he left the priesthood.

True story!

I've become significantly more tolerant of whatever religious views anyone has nowadays, to the point where I'm not really even "atheist" anymore; I'm an agnostic, or more specifically, the whole question is just no longer relevant to my life.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

i try not to ever talk about religion unless i'm absolutely positive the person i'm talking to is on the same page as i am, but when people bring it up and forcefully demand my opinion i am just open and honest about my complete atheism and they can respond to it however they like. it probably makes me come off as an asshole most of the time, but if they hadn't brought it up i wouldn't have either and the entire uncomfortable confrontation could have been avoided, so whatever. sucks for them.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

I got a job this week and have been working during most of my waking hours, so I'm taking the opportunity on my day off to say HI GUYS I HATE MY JOB.
Seriously, one week and I'm contemplating killing myself. It's menial grocery store work, so clearly it's not going to be entirely enlightening but the fact that everyone, staff, customers, managers, whatever, all treat me like an idiot is a little more than I can take. Still. Sacking up and getting on with it.

There will be pictures of me in my gross uniform once I get it, until then I am enjoying the fact that I get to wear shirts and tank tops and black skinny jeans to work. And cardigans, of course.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

benji

Yesterday evening my roommate and I did the whole "urban intellectual" thing. We started the evening by eating at an overpriced Chinese/"Western" fusion restaurant (the food was decent and the wine was ghastly) and talking about the impending or ongoing collapse of the one-superpower global-political system and the potential for India's emergence as a superpower in the coming decades. Then we went to the theater and watched a production of Glengarry Glen Ross, which was quite good. We then came home and had some micro-brewery beers while discussing the current state of ethics in business vis-a-vis the play we had just seen. Then I read some Sartre before bed.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

inflatable_slide

I had a party last night, the cops were called on us... he came on a fucking bike and it wasn't even late it was around 9pm! I had a freak attack every time the doorbell rang after that, but luckily there were no more episodes :D i was very very very drunk last night, i had to close one eye to focus and everything, not a good idea seeing asa i had a fucking dance class early this morning, needless to say i was FUCKED!

Some random fella handing out cds gave me his awesome sunnies, his name was Bob he was really hot and young... usually i get hit on by old men, so it was a nice change.

i am now feeling liek shit and i have to study for various tests next week UUUUGGHHH

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

Today's day 1 of the Monolith Festival. I'm trying to figure out what stage I mainly want to stay at so not much climbing will have to be done. Climbing all those stairs can be brutal when there's two days of it.

My boyfriend's best friends have been here for a week. I feel horrible that they're wearing on my nerves because my boyfriend is ecstatic that they're here. My boyfriend's really close with one of them, but I fail to see why because his friend will go long periods of time without talking to him and then say things like, "I've been skating so much that I've been too tired to get on the computer." His computer is in his room, btw. He promises things, but doesn't follow through. The other one has said things such as, "I wish I had never joined that homeschooling group, even though that would never meeting you." It's like when they're friendly, they're great friends, but otherwise, they're not friend material at all.

nobo

thats just how some guys operate

my closest friend, for whom i was the best man at his wedding, and i talk about once every 3 months or so. whenever we're in the same city we hang out and good times are had. talking everyday or very often wouldn't really change anything between us.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I have no problem with religion as long as people keep it to themselves.

What the hell man, you act like religious people are gay.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I don't mind gay people as long as they don't try to make me gay.

CarrionMan

• The RP Syndicate

I don't mind gay people as long as they don't try to make me gay. Luckily, gays don't go door to door.

I like being a more liberal Christian(tattoos, metal, etc.), because I can scare away 7th Day Adventists and Mormons who come to my door by blasting Nirvana, wearing a metal band shirt, having my hair in a mess, and looking crazy tired.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Dear blog thread,

I think I may be going to either San Francisco or Tokyo (or Bangalore or Hong Kong, but it seems like most people are voting for the first two) some time around Easter! This is awesome, if I end up going, which I really think I will. But I'm not sure which city to vote for! I mean, the companies we would be visiting in San Francisco sound more exciting than the ones in Tokyo and I sort of want to visit the US, but Tokyo is..Japan. And Japan is awesome and maybe more different and therefore more exciting?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I like being a more liberal Christian(tattoos, metal, etc.).

Wouldn't call that liberal. Nope, not in a million years. You want "liberal Christian" take a gander at Quakers or some who contact my late grandfather. A theologian and co-founder of the Centre for Thomistic Studies.

FTB, HSC prelim. exams start tomorrow ans I can't bring myself to study. FUCK. If I can manage being bothered to study for English Adv. tomorrow, I'm going to type up my short story or re-write 'cause my teacher wrote the test she pretty much told me what I was lacking in my story. The conversation went something like this:

TEACHER: Tom, this story is really good, you've hit all the dot points of the rubric.
ME: Thanks Ms.
T: The narrative voice is fairly weak from the start but-
M: Yeah, that last line was was meant to be the stringest-
T: So you could show that she was whole. The only problem is that with all the shifting perspectives it could be hard for the responder to have anything 'real' to hold onto.
M: So I need an anchor.
T: Exactly, I could put it at the beginning - A reflection off the perspex of the train window.
M: It's a great idea but do you think you can manipulate to fit the question?
T: I'm certain I can by changing the nature of the memories and messing around withe structure of the nondescript urban setting where necessary.
M: Thanks, Tom.

Turns out providing and working in anchor isn't an  easy thing to do without upsetting the mood/tone I created for it. I'll post it in the writing thread if I can be bothered.

Tom

benji

Wouldn't call that liberal. Nope, not in a million years. You want "liberal Christian" take a gander at Quakers or some who contact my late grandfather. A theologian and co-founder of the Centre for Thomistic Studies.

Well, a Liberal Christian can have tattoos and listen to metal. It's just not required, nor sufficient in itself to make one a liberal Christian.

Also, not all Quakers are Liberal Christians and some of those who are theologically liberal are no longer willing to call themselves Christian. My roommate is a good example of this. He won't call himself a Christian because he feels that too many Christian Quakers are too dogmatic in their approach and he doesn't want to be associated with them.

But I think I ended up inheriting some stuff from the Centre for Thomistic Studies (probably from a Quaker professor of mine) at one point. It was pretty cool. I'll have to see if I can dig it out.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

I think I saw a certain Mr. Dovey in a Subway last night, wearing a reddy-brown jacket.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

Well, a Liberal Christian can have tattoos and listen to metal. It's just not required, nor sufficient in itself to make one a liberal Christian.

Also, not all Quakers are Liberal Christians and some of those who are theologically liberal are no longer willing to call themselves Christian. My roommate is a good example of this. He won't call himself a Christian because he feels that too many Christian Quakers are too dogmatic in their approach and he doesn't want to be associated with them.

But I think I ended up inheriting some stuff from the Centre for Thomistic Studies (probably from a Quaker professor of mine) at one point. It was pretty cool. I'll have to see if I can dig it out.

Quakers are basically split up into two major branches, as of 1827 (check out Quakerpedia for more information): Liberal "Hicksite" Quakers (who have unprogrammed worship) and Conservative "Orthodox" Quakers (who have pastors or ministers and are more evangelical).

Most Quakers are Hicksite Quakers.  I'm a Hicksite Quaker.  We've got no creed, we don't proselytize, and we have no internal leadership.  So though we're a Christian religion, historically, we don't read the bible, we speak of "the spirit" and "the light" (but not "the Lord" or "Jesus"), and really it's just kind of misleading to call us Christians. 

The Orthodox Friends, by contrast, are proselyte, bible reading, Lord and Savior types.  It's hardly the same religion at all.

CarrionMan

• The RP Syndicate

Wait.

THERE'S A QUAKERPEDIA!?

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

It's in "alpha" (i.e. pre-beta) stage.  But yes.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I think I saw a certain Mr. Dovey in a Subway last night, wearing a reddy-brown jacket.

Haha, yep, that was me. Didn't notice you man (sorry!). Were you actually in the Subway or just passing by?

Doggs after making a cool (and largely unexpected) $581 selling some stuff on eBay, I am basically able to finally pay off my turntables. Excellent.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2008, 08:26 by David_Dovey »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Holy crap blog thread! Im on my way to my dads wedding RIGHT NOW! I flew to Iowa yesterday and met some of the family, Iowa is wierd and this town is small. They closed the movie theatre for 2 weeks so that the people could go on vacation. Im excited about this wedding guys!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Metope

Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Metope

Please don't scare me like that ever again. But yeah, phew!

Metope

(Yeah, but this time it was kind of inevitable)

Johnny C

• Mentat

last night i played so much rock music

sean

• welp

I accidentally read that post as too much rock music. Which kinda confused me because thats not even possible.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

So did I. And then I read it again when you posted and I read "last night I accidentally played too much rock music" and got even more confused.

Bogl treadh, a guy I haven't spoken to for 18 months (he moved to Australia) who I was enormously in lust with has just reappeared in my life through the internet and confused me. Although I guess the fact that he's still in Australia answers that question for me.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

sean

• welp

Man if anything I did not play enough rock music last night.

Mostly because I was playing with this kid who I do not think enjoys rocking out. We did some cool hip hop stuff for a while but as soon as I was all ready to feedback the fuck outta shit he was all like "man what the hell are you doing?" It was really depressing.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Today I had insight into why Regina style pizza is the way it is: Regina is in the middle of the praries. The praries are very flat. To compensate, instead of making a deep-dish pizza, they make a flat pizza mounded super-high so that there's a hill.
Yes?
Yes.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

It is. This is why you should visit Johnny C.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

SO wait what is in the hill?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Johnny C

• Mentat

pepperoni

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Oh my jesus I want this pizza.

REGINACON '09
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

sean

• welp

ooooooooooh yes

oooooooh god yes

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Sup guys, sorry it's been like 2 weeks since I've forumed. Been busy with 6-day weeks at work, usually with 6-8 hours/day. The paychecks aren't unwelcome though.

Anyway. So The Girl and I broke up a couple days ago. Not a bad breakup, she's just got shit she needs to settle before she can feel confident getting into a relationship with somebody in constant mobility (me!). But there's a great story that came of it.

Anyway, so about 10 minutes after the breakup conversation, we were still hanging out together. Suddenly I get a phone call inviting me to a gaming party, and so Tara and I went. A friend of mine wound up hitting on me something fierce when she heard that Tara and I had split, and so right in the middle of playing some Coheed on Rock Band (fuckin' hell, I was playing on expert too), Tara tells me she wants to go for a walk after the song was done. So we went for a walk. Apaprently, she was getting really pissed off at my friend for hitting on me, and she told me how jealous she was feeling. So not even 2 hours after breaking up, we got back together.

Summary: breakup sex and then makeup sex on the same day is clearly the best way to go about your relationships.

Love,
Me!

P.S. - Man it's great that my managers are hellof lax on the restaurant's "no hickeys" policy. I'd have been out of a job two weeks ago.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Jeez Patrick, you are such a slut. Gross.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Also, the subject of your avatar may be dead.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh crap for a second there I thought you were talking about tommy.

EDIT: Suck a dick, pagebreak.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2008, 22:13 by David_Dovey »

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.

Dear blog

Last night i had most disturbing dream ever... :cry:

It involved my room, me, my bed, weird calculus, hug and the joker.
maybe i need some pills or maybe nice padded room.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

valley_parade

• coprophage

MAH KNEE HURTS.

That is all.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Guys I am all moved into my new place!  Everything would be running completely awesomely if my kitty didn't run away today while I was slaving away at work :( :( :(
I miss him.  he is so dumb and will get so lost.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Looks like I'm going to Japan! Awesome, if I can afford it, but last year the students ended up having about 95% of the costs covered by sponsors, so I'm hopeful.

This makes me want to buy a new camera, but I am already poor and in want/need of a new computer.

tuna ketchup x

The power at my house is going to be out for three or four days due to Ike (even though I live up in PA, we're still getting hurricane repercussions). I was late coming into work today because the light rail had an electrical malfunction and my boss interrupted my spiel/whinging to say "Remember to mark your time card!" I need to get out of here SO BAD. I want to punch everyone all the time.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

In Ida Grove, Iowa, they have a pizza hut built onto a dock. Also, everyone in this town knows my new stepmom as "one of them piper girls."

The town is small.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Haha, yep, that was me. Didn't notice you man (sorry!). Were you actually in the Subway or just passing by?

I came in with three other people. I was wearing a panel two t-rex shirt, so you probably did notice me because that thing stands out.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Dang I totally did. I guess I was too busy staring at the shirt?

I was even considering commenting on it but I am shy

benji

The power at my house is going to be out for three or four days due to Ike (even though I live up in PA, we're still getting hurricane repercussions).

In Kentucky we got tropical storm force winds and a lot of people are without power. My electricity went out a couple of times yesterday, but not for very long.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Dear Blog Thread,

So apparently someone has gone and fucked up something fierce. My mother called me a little while ago and informed me that I had a letter from a company called BNY, standing for Bank of New York. I thought to myself "what the shit is this shit, I don't go to no Bank of New York" because I don't pay attention to this shit.

Turns out, this is serious fucking business. Upon searching it out, I discovered this article:

YOU DID FUCKING WHAT?!

To sum it up, apparently this is a company that handles stock info and payroll data (Which is how it concerns me). It seems that back in February (Not last week, not last month, FEBRUARY!! FUCKING FEBRUARY!!!), said company lost an entire fucking box of backup storage data tapes in transit (Why they were transporting apparently unencrypted data is beyond me). You know what was on these tapes? Data on approximately 4.5 million people. By info I mean, names, addresses, phone numbers and social fucking security numbers!!! So now, my credit info and social security number are now floating out who the fuck knows where and have been for seven god damn months and I am just being informed now.

I am apparently being extended two years' worth of credit monitoring and $25,000 worth of fraud insurance, but who the fuck lets shit like this happen?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 82   Go Up