THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 10:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765598 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage

I must go to Chicagocon. IT IS THE LAND OF MY ANCESTORS. ..and the Lawrence Arms.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Also, Jodie and I will be there. So really, there is no reason not to go.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

So, you know the Adam Sandler movie 50 First Dates where the girl has no memory and wakes up not remembering anything from the day before every day?

I seriously work with a guy like that.

Today, I'm Jorgen, I guess.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

tuna ketchup x

I finally sent in my "letter of acceptance of admission" for library school. I was going to wait a year and save enough money so I wouldn't have to take out any loans (my savings will pay for almost 75% of it, I am good at saving money), but screw it. I'm tired of working desk jobs that have nothing to do with my English major working with people who are barely literate and a supervisor that called me into her office when I was taking too long in the bathroom (sometimes you just have to go! I can't help it!). Government work sucks. Now the only thing I have to worry about is not getting a library job once I graduate. Any librarians here who can give me some advice?

I'll probably be able to get a part-time workstudy job in a library while I go to school, which is important. It will be so strange to be a full-time student again.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Do you have any experience in libraries besides, uh, using them(which I would assume you have)?

If not, go volunteer or something.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Eed is the one you must seek.

Anyway blog thread,
Last night I made plans with one of my friends to meet her at this coffee shop at 9. It is nearly 10:30 and I have not heard from her. This is the second time this has happened. She never has afternoons or nights open, so I don't have much choice in the matter. Really the only reason it bothers me so much is that I had to get up early and I feel like shit because of that, but it's my fault I didn't go to bed earlier. I was planning on getting those little projects done today, but I feel like I should maybe take some painkillers and pass out instead.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2008, 09:27 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

benji

• Bling blang blong blung

Congrats on getting in to library school. (whenever any one mentions library school I think of the last panel of that strip.)
This signature is intentionally left blank.

tuna ketchup x

Do you have any experience in libraries besides, uh, using them(which I would assume you have)?

If not, go volunteer or something.

Library aide in high school, other than that, no. But I'm pretty sure I want to do this. Volunteers are usually needed during the hours I am working, so I won't be able to do that until January and see if I can fit it in then. But my librarian friend told me that it's actually easier to get a paying job in a library than a volunteer position because they're snapped up by high school kids and housewives and stuff. Plus volunteer work counts for like, nothing, compared to paid work, and I'll likely get a position on account of being an older nontraditional student and that and having WORK work experience. I've already applied at one library.

Thanks, benji!

Peace Corps is one of the things I wish I would have done when I was younger and had fewer non-material ties to this location. You won't "die" doing it, unless you have a medical condition. Travel, see the world, help people etc! And then there's always Americorps, which you only have to do for a year at a time, I believe, and they also can help pay for school. I wish I was 18 again and knew about all these options instead of doing the high school --> college --> day job --> death track I'm on right now.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2008, 09:35 by tuna ketchup x »

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

I slept in til about five minutes ago and decided I'm not going to class today. This means I haven't been to class all week.

Whatever, fuck it. I'll get notes from friends.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Slacker. I have only skipped one and a half classes this week.
Liz is touching me.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I haven't missed a single minute of any class all semester you slackers.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Yeah, shut up Ozy.

Johnny, I get why you didn't go on Monday or Tuesday, but what the heck were you doing Wednesday and Thursday? You could have gone to class and learned something!
Liz is touching me.

Johnny C

• Mentat

Wednesday I was in the dentist's chair for two hours and Thursday there was a power outage so my alarm didn't go off. I woke up at 1:00 after class had already started.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

I finally sent in my "letter of acceptance of admission" for library school. I was going to wait a year and save enough money so I wouldn't have to take out any loans (my savings will pay for almost 75% of it, I am good at saving money), but screw it. I'm tired of working desk jobs that have nothing to do with my English major working with people who are barely literate and a supervisor that called me into her office when I was taking too long in the bathroom (sometimes you just have to go! I can't help it!). Government work sucks. Now the only thing I have to worry about is not getting a library job once I graduate. Any librarians here who can give me some advice?

I'll probably be able to get a part-time workstudy job in a library while I go to school, which is important. It will be so strange to be a full-time student again.

Congratulations!  As the husband of a (retired) librarian and the father of another, it is a profession that I, and they, recommend highly.  And there are positions out there.  Right now the trick is to get proficiency in some of the non-traditional areas, like on-line stuff, metadata, electronic resources and so forth.  A work-study program would be a good thing. 

Congratulations again.

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Oh, I should mention that I'm finishing up my undergrad degree in CS and moving on to Library/Information Science possibly next Fall.

I just had a meeting with my boss(the Director of the Uni library) and my adviser the other day.

It made me happy.

Because this is gonna happen and be awesome.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
Re: Photos are pretty cool
« Reply #1865 on: 19 Sep 2008, 11:39 »

Did you ever have one of those days where you're really hungry, but don't have any food or money? It's great.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Wednesday I was in the dentist's chair for two hours and Thursday there was a power outage so my alarm didn't go off. I woke up at 1:00 after class had already started.

Excuses, excuses.
Liz is touching me.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

QC: hotties, musicians, and librarians.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I guess since I'm not a musician or a librarian I must be a hottie. Whoo!
Liz is touching me.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Blog thread, lets get all the aussies and UKers and Europeans to come out to the US for Chicagocon and then we can go to Oregon via caravan. Maybe we can take a trail, yes?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I don't want to have to forge any rivers.

(Why Oregon?)
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Note for Public librarians.

Make sure you take the time to consider the civil service evaluation (or equivalent) for the area you might like to work in.

Take classes and job experience in the fields they list.  That way when you take the evaluation you will get a super high score.

Worked for me!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

(Why Oregon?)

I hope it didn't go over your head. I don't think it did. It was really the only way the joke could make sense.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Dear blog thread, I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, but I have to write this stupid essay... It has to be done by monday, but I'm really busy doing other stuff (FUN stuff) for the rest of the weekend. The rational thing to do is probably to go to bed and finish it tomorrow morning, but my brain doesn't really work properly until 1 or 2 pm, and then it's too late. I'm really stuck anyway, guess that's why I'm writing this instead. I just need one more fucking page, why is it so hard to write it? Gaah, fuck this already. Fuck.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

sean

• welp

So the newest best thing is driving around at night rapping over LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

Classes don't even start until Thursday for me, suckers. I just moved in this morning, and got my Internet connected about two hours ago.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

Dear Blog Thread:

Last night I went to a bush doof and got fucked up on Irish Whiskey and did some naughty things with a random hippie lady. My question is, why do hippies hate me so much when I barely own any property and spend most of my time wandering around barefoot, on hallucinogens, yelling at people. Do you think I need to give away more of my property or do you think I am ok doing what I am doing?

P.S. Hippies smoke a lot more meth than I remember them doing when I was 17 and they don't share it with you. I am furious about this because I honestly thought there was free meth on the cards for a while. I guess this makes sense because meth makes you pretty telepathic but you don't want too many other people to be telepathic because that could cause problems

Oh fuck I am in the wrong thread
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

You know when you mix a drink for yourself but you are not sure if it is too strong or not strong enough? That is what is going on in my life right now. It is about 9 am but this is the only way I am going to shake my horrible hangover and the gross feeling all over that I might have enjoyed psytrance last night.

sean

• welp
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Johnny C

• Mentat

brett i gotta ask you not to do meth, meth is the worst

it is the worst in the world

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Johnny I will do whatever drugs I damn well feel like.

All I can promise you is that if I steal your stereo I will use it to listen to excellent tunes

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Seriously, meth is a pretty inferior drug but then again so is alcohol and I am crazy for that shit, especially when I can get it for free.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I can probably promise not to do meth and post on QC though because I will probably be too busy yelling at the people around me about how I am the avatar of the avatar of everything.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear Blog thread,

Last night, I went for coffee with a gentleman gypsy pirate named Coyote. Afterward we decided to go get some tasty Thai food. Upon doing so we ran into his street punk liberty spiked friend, and his lady, and decided we'd go meet up with them after dinner. Dinner was quite tasty, though they got his wrong the first time, and mine wasn't nearly as spicy as I would like. Walking down the street, we caught up with his friends sitting outside of a hookah bar, drinking.  We decided to join them. Coyote bought himself a rum and orange juice, which was made stronger by the bartenders after he showed them a magic trick. I ended up drinking it all. The street punk friend decided to panhandle to get money for more booze, and I think made enough money to buy four more drinks. While sitting outside drinking a lovely band of ladies asked us what there was to do in St. Louis. We said not much but directed them towards the City Museum. They decided they couldn't go that far because their band had to play soon. Around this time, I was supposed to start heading home(I nor my friend drove. We both take the bus everywhere, or walk), but I decided I'd stay to see the band, and hope somebody would give me a place to crash.

We call his friend and we head off to the club where the band is playing, leaving the street punk and his lady behind. We get there and the lady says she needs to see everyone's ids before letting us in. I am the youngest one of the group, plus I am underage(20. So I can't legally drink). I am wary of giving her my id, but I do. Maybe it was because it was slow or something, but she looked at my id, and handed it back to me, and stamped my hand the same as everyone else's. I sat and drank at the bar, and nobody cared. Then we watched the band play. They were alright.

After that we headed to CBGB's, and hung out some more. Then to another place to drink, and then back to cbs, and then home. Home meaning the gentleman gypsy's house. Where we didn't sleep until 7 in the morning or so.

Lesson of the night: I need a better name. Or at least a good fake one. I met a Coyote, a Raven, a Thursday, and a Lazarus. I am just an Emaline.

Also: i am back, board.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

You said you didn't know any pirates

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Well you said you didn't know a lot of pirates but you'd think if you are boning a pirate you would consider that to be a primary source on pirating and reference it as such

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I just started boning this pirate. And I think he is more of a gypsy than a pirate.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Also you can't be a gypsy and a pirate that is unfair

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Are you sure that he isn't just a particularly flamboyant homosexual?

Like, really sure?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

There is a lot of room for crossover between all three

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Yeah. I am pretty sure. I tried to talk him into pegging, but he just wasn't going for it. He said maybe if it was really really small, but who wants a small dick? I don't.

Plus, there were plenty of guys around that he could have hit on, but he did not. He did hit on a lot of the ladies though, and then tried to deny it. It was pretty amusing.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Dude tommy you just fucked up my shot at the elusive quad post

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.

So my friend just sent me an incredibly nasty email about how he kinda hates me now because I am starting to maybe go out with one of his friends. My friend used to, and apparently still, has a big thing for me. I thought he had gotten over that because I had no evidence to tell me otherwise! I was wrong. Great. I feel really bad and I really like him as a friend and dont wanna lose him as one because of silly teenage-esque dramam but I'm also really mad that he would pull something like this. Like come on, move on and man up. And don't try to guilt me into not doing something that has nothing to do with you! If anything the dude I went out with and I were worried about our friend and had a whole conversation about how awesome he is and how we both care about him! What the hell, world? I find a nice dude and it shits on another friendship!
I like the way you work it.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Blog Thread!

Spent the last 20 or so minutes hanging out with one of the guys from the movie Dodgeball. He is staying at the hotel. Kickass blog thread, kickass.
If I recall he was Laser in the movie. I think this is neat guys. I meeted a celebrity

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear Blead Throg,

Ok, so....I am really sorry to post too much on your pages, but...

So this guy from last night invited me to go traveling with him. On foot for the most part. Across the country. We'd probably mostly sleep outside, with no tent, as that seems like way too much to carry. We'd probably just have a tarp. Now, before he invited me to this, I had told another friend how I'd really love traveling around the country, taking pictures of real American folk art, and mom and pop businesses and their owners. I think that'd be pretty great.

So this seems like the perfect opportunity to do it. I am thinking of buying a good camera, and doing this. Would it be incredibly stupid? Is it going to be horrible? Am I too old to have such crazy unrealistic dreams? Should I do it?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

He isn't planning on leaving until spring, so I guess he has that long to prove if he is an idiot or not to me. But judging by last night, and this morning, he is not an idiot. Just a bit eccentric maybe.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.

emaline: there's no need to be sleeping outside when you're in civilised country. try http://www.couchsurfing.com/
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi

couchsurfing.com is a fantastic resource.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Couchsurfing is indeed a great thing.

Also, people with stupid names tend to be pretty stupid people because they usually decided at one point to go around telling people "Call me Foxtrot", "Call me Jetboy", "Call me Prime Time" etc.
Man, don't fuckin' sit there and even suggest to me that you would not be down with a man who calls himself Prime Time.

So anyway, I sat in a coffee shop today and wrote a bit about the people that I saw. It wasn't terribly substantial, I don't have the skills to write narrative things. I just tried to observe details, and speculate about their lives and what they were doing. I wasn't sure at first how this was going to benefit me, but even if what I write is shit, I've realized that I'm not spending that time mulling over things, and the less I'm doing that the better. When I'm alone in a room full of people I tend to become miserable very quickly as I realize how little I have in common with the cheery, sociable people around me. With this I can distract myself. With practice I might actually get good at it.

Also I'm going to buy me a MIDI controller! Get my midlife crisis out of the way 20 years early.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2008, 01:56 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

They look at him and just see another customer; they don't know he's nursing a secret.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 82   Go Up