THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 May 2024, 00:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 768099 times)

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

My housemate is rad!  I went out to make dinner and saw she was eating Hungry Jacks.  I was like, " Oh man, you should have told me you were going, I would have given you money, or come or something' .  And she just looked at me and wordlessly pulled a burger out of the bag for me.

I have known her a week and already she knows when to buy me dinner!  I like living in my new place by the way guys, just miss my kitty still!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

in St. Louis... After that we headed to CBGB's

TRAITORS

Also I'm going to buy me a MIDI controller! Get my midlife crisis out of the way 20 years early.

pfft I got that shit out of the way at 18. Mine was a Roland MC-303. Value did not hold up all that well when I inevitably ebayed it.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2008, 06:29 by jhocking »

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

Sam, that phrase is terrible.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

i went to a bonfire last night. it was rad!

also the drama that was going on among my friends all summer that should have been gone by now and that i won't go into detail on the internet over has now escalated into borderline-illegal territory and it is really making me kind of want to kill this one terrible person in particular. i don't know what the fuck is wrong with people.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

So on Friday I met Stephen Hawking and fell in love with an entire city. Also saw a very nice choir concert in a very pretty church. And all for free! (Sort of free, discounting the price of the room I stayed in).

On Saturday I very nearly tried to kill an annoying kid on the train who would not shut up about knitting. I have nothing against knitting, but I do have something against strident ten year olds on trains at half past eight in the evening.

Today I drove for two hours and was pretty good, blog thread! Good job since my test is on Wednesday. I also got offered another job (I'm so employable right now) but sadly I can't take it because I already took the one at Sainsburys. I want to work at the pretty gift boutique! But sadly I can't.

So basically it was a good weekend! Keep your fingers crossed for the bunch of tests I have to take in the next few weeks, please, Internet!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

MIDI Controller has been ordered. I am a week's time from summoning unearthly beats from the ocean floor.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

So I had a first date Saturday night with The Chef. The Chef and I met through some online personals, and we talked on the phone for about two weeks and had some good conversations so we decided to meet. We live kind of far apart so we picked a town off the map that is about halfway between us and met there for dinner and a film festival I found on the town's website.

Dinner was nice. We sat across from each other and talked a lot. The Chef has amazingly pretty eyes - they are kind of almost purpley blue - and dimples. He also has really fabulous arms. And a tattoo on the inside of one of them. He is also kind of a lot chubbier than I expected from his photos, and also not as tall as advertised. He claims to be 6' but he seemed shorter than that to me - I was only wearing 2 inch heels so he should have towered over me but he didn't.

We talked all through dinner about who knows what - he's very easy to talk to. Then we went to the film festival which turned out to be incredibly small - at one point there were 13 people in the room, but most of the time there were 8 or fewer. The films - shorts in the Youth (under 18) category that apparently had to feature a blow-up dolphin toy - were kind of cheesy but fun to watch. We laughed a lot and also were wowed by a couple of really good editing decisions.

After the Youth shorts, there was a feature film. It was not horrible but it was also pretty cheesy and not very well-written. I couldn't tell you the name of it, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Also, I wasn't really paying attention the whole time because I kept trying to get The Chef to either hold my hand or put his hand on my leg. Sadly, he is apparently a gentleman. He did start to put his arm around me at one point, but then he moved it. Probably because we were sitting in director's chairs and that's not really a very comfortable way to sit in that sort of chair.

So then we walked around in the town a little bit. It was kind of weird. It was around 10pm and there was a live band playing the outside patio in the town square, and they sounded pretty okay, but there were only about 12 people total watching. There was also nobody out just walking around even though it was a gorgeous night. The Chef walked me back to my car and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek (?!) and then we stood there and talked for a while longer. Somehow eventually we kissed, and while it wasn't earth-shattering, it was pleasant. Apparently that was the ice-breaker we needed because suddenly he wasn't afraid to touch me anymore and he did that thing where he put his fingers in my front jeans pockets and tugged me closer to him which is an amazingly sexy thing for a guy to do. Subsequent kissing there on the sidewalk was a little hotter than the first one, too, so that was good.

I'm planning to see him again this weekend. Hopefully things will sizzle a bit more, otherwise it is unlikely that there will be a third date.
Ho, ho, ho!

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dear blog thread,

I accidentally left my hoodie at Jon's. I shudder to think what he's done to it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Dude is playing a bit slower than you like so he's in danger of missing another shot?

Yeesh, tough crowd.

It's not so much that he's playing it slow. It's more that I'm not sure there are enough sparks there to justify a long-distance relationship, even though it is less than half the distance of the previous one. If he doesn't make me tingly, I need to break it off early. It's better that way.
Ho, ho, ho!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Shane! You were in a dream of mine last night! We went swimming and you kept hitting on me awkwardly.

It was pretty great.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I can awkwardly flirt, but I can't swim to save my life.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Well, as I can't recall us actually swimming, my dream appears to have been quite accurate!
Liz is touching me.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I'm planning to see him again this weekend. Hopefully things will sizzle a bit more, otherwise it is unlikely that there will be a third date.

Sometimes, you need to let the guy know to go further. Move his hand. If he is unsure and doesn't want to fuck it up (like many guys who don't have good luck) he doesn't want to go too fast and have you be all "uhh wtf dood" and say you don't feel a connection and then never talk to him again. Its like I'm talking from experience here.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Well, as I can't recall us actually swimming, my dream appears to have been quite accurate!

Ooh-la-la. Did my awkwardness succeed in makeouts? Ehhhh?

...man, that really is awkward.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Ha, no. I shot you down.

(Sorry)
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened

Shane, I would teach you to swim at Bostocon, but it's going to be super cold. Maybe Chicagocon.

I have yet another interview tomorrow. It's going to be at the art supply store I applied to in June, so maybe the delay is worth it and I can actually get this job? Maybe?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Oh man, we are so going to teach Shane to swim in Chicago. This is going to be great.
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Linds, next best thing: Let's go skating!

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker

Skating is swimming for Canadians.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

valley_parade

• coprophage

Adam, need I remind you I spent most of Saturday morning and afternoon watching hockey practice.

Lines

• Awakened

Skating as in ice skating? I haven't done that in 10 years. Maybe it's a good thing I've got a big bottom, because I was never really good at ice skating. Mostly because gravity and I don't get along.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I used to skate a lot. I could give you a hand.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

I have never been ice skating. That should be a bostoncon activity.
Ho, ho, ho!

Lines

• Awakened

Yaaaay! It's like roller blading, but more slippery.

Whoa, pagebreak.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2008, 11:46 by Linds »

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Ice skating is the best thing ever.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

aw man, i might be able to make it to chicago but there's no way i can make boston. i haven't ice skated in a while but i would love to remember and maybe teach people who've never done it before.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I just got an email from the Red Sox saying I got picked in the second chance drawing for ALDS tickets.

I can buy them tomorrow.

I don't have enough money.

Life fucking hates me.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Shane, sell something. You don't need two kidneys, do you?

I really hate applying to university. I know where I want to go, and what I want to do. I also know which qualifications they take into consideration and which they do not. The problem is that I have to apply to five universities, and that means I have to dredge out all the qualificating scum I've been forced to gain. Not all of the qualifications I have are recognised by the website I have to use, but they are still recognised by the drop out unis I've got as my back up choices.

And don't get me started on my Personal Statement.

Who wants to do this for me? It needs to be done by October 15th. You can take over and I'll just concentrate on passing my driving test and aptitude test for Law and starting my 12 hour a week job and making the hockey team.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

i haven't ice skated in a while but i would love to remember and maybe teach people who've never done it before.

I hate ice skating. I don't remember why exactly, because I haven't been ice skating in years, but I just know that I do.

It's definitely not the cold, as I love skiing.

dammit, I can't remember.

sean

• welp

I agree!

Also, shouldn't we start laying out a few more definitive plans for Boston? I mean its about 4 months away. Shouldn't we start thinking about boston?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Ice Skating at chicagocon please guys.  I love ice skating.  Well, from what i remember of the one time I did it on a school trip to Canberra.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

The only thing ice should be used for is gin and tonics.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

but what about whiskey?! and icecream? and icefishing? and don't forget about aircraft carriers!

ice has oh-so-many uses.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Maybe I fell through the ice once and I blocked out the memory?

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung

Dear Blog thread,

today I started training for the man decathlon we set up at work.

The events are as follows:

Mile Run
100 yard sprint
darts
billiards
bacci ball
1 on 1 basketball
hammer throw (using an actual hammer)
car pull
135 bench press reps
beer pong

wish me luck :)
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Blah thread,

So there's a Why? show coming up, and as usual I have bought tickets for my best friend. Problem is, she's come back at me asking for another 7 tickets, for her friends. She says she'll have me paid back, and I believe her, but... The thing is, she's in medical school up here, 80 hours a week studying, 4 hours of sleep a night. I don't get to ask for her time very often. Shit, I probably shouldn't be asking for it at all. I know from my parents that in medical school you have to press your nose so hard against the grindstone that entire years will pass you by and you'll have nothing to say about them.

I buy her tickets to these shows gratis for a reason. I am very much oriented towards one-on-one relationships, it's how I've always operated. The only friends I had before I met Rae, they were introverts like myself, we were a very insular group. But Rae knows everyone in this town, and it's difficult to adjust to that. Most of the time, when I'd like to have dinner or a drink with Rae or watch a movie with her, we'll plan on it and in the course of doing so she'll see three or four or five people she knows, and she'll socialize, and all of a sudden I'm on the outside of whatever's happening and I have to wait for Rae to finish with whatever it is she's doing, and all the while I'm sitting there silent. I take Rae to shows because they are social situations that I can plan on turning out a certain way. I can plan on eating, and post-show festivities, and the chances are they'll go the way I hope they will. I can't control them, necessarily, but I'm comfortable enough in them that I can enjoy myself without getting caught up in the preoccupations I have otherwise. Moreover, taking Rae to another city allows me to have her all to myself, and I can feel like her friend rather than a sad, quiet little man amongst a legion of vigorous, bright-eyed artists and scenesters, which all of Rae's friends other than me are. Hanging out with Rae and her other friends, I don't feel like I belong, I feel ashamed. I don't think Rae realizes how much I value the time we spend together at shows. When she asks me to enable 7 of her other friends to come along with us, I honestly feel like a whore, like she's asking me to please her at the cost of my feeling worthless and despondent. The whole reason I ask her to come with me to these things is so I can avoid that sort of situation, now more than ever.

But, I also do it because I adore her and she enjoys it. I can't pretend like I'm the only person who suffers from having a deficit of time spent with her. She's a ghost to everyone. So I have to consider the possibility that it would be selfish of me to not buy these extras, both in that I'm denying Rae of a night with all the people she barely sees, and denying those people the chance to see her. It's possible that I could enjoy going to this show with a crowd of people more than I would otherwise, but it's also possible (and in my mind, probable) that I'll end up dissatisfied and dejected, and in that case I could end up ruining the night for other people, which would be a shame.

So come this Friday (when I get money enough to purchase the tickets) I need to have made a decision. Should I just tell Rae all of this, since she already knows just what an epic worrier I am? Should I bite the bullet and buy the tickets? Tell her that I can't afford them (which honestly, if I don't get repaid fairly quickly, I can't)? She says I know these 7 other people, but I'm pretty sure I know and like at most 4 of Rae's friends. There are a few people I can think of that I would really hate to go to this show with. Still, Rae knows the way that I think and feel, and I've never known her to be careless. She's pushed pretty hard to get me out of my comfort zone, this might be part of that.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2008, 23:07 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Should I just tell Rae all of this?

Yes. In this case, honesty is the best policy. If she doesn't know how you feel about this, she'll never know and she'll always expect it. She sounds kind from that paragraph you gave, so I can see her understanding the situation you'd be in. I've had to do this before, it doesn't feel good to do (especially when you come off as the fun-playing around jerk and then tell someone "no, I'm sorry, I really don't want you to play in our game, you just don't fit in with us"), it feels even worse when you're telling it to a good friend because you know that it just won't turn out well. But if they are really one of your good friends, they will understand where you're coming from.

She could be like my friend Tom, he doesn't know how to say No to his friends. Hell, he ended up driving a girl like 15 miles twice in one night, she said they were gonna hang out, turns out she just used him for a ride. Then she did it again, except she made him go to a hookah lounge, that's not his scene. I bailed him out of that saying I needed a ride since my car broke down. Its what friends do, you know, just be honest.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Or she might tell you to sack up, judging from what you said before of you breaking out of your comfort zone. Though I personally would just say you couldn't afford to get the seven tickets unless maybe you got the money beforehand or something. Because it's still the truth.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

mooface

I hate ice skating. I don't remember why exactly, because I haven't been ice skating in years, but I just know that I do.

It's definitely not the cold, as I love skiing.

dammit, I can't remember.

do you by any chance get those weird cold headaches where your ears get all achy because of the chilly wind rushing past your head as you skate?  that used to always happen to me and it was really annoying.

that being said i really miss ice skating, i would be tempted to to bostoncon just for that :P
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2008, 04:09 by mooface »

valley_parade

• coprophage

Mai, I know you're hiding in Boston right now. I SAW YOU THIS WEEKEND DAMMIT.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung

KvP: I would just tell her the truth, but be open to hearing what she has to say. I think she'll appreciate honesty here. If she's trying to get you to push your boundaries, you recognizing your boundaries is a good first step.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Today I got the dates for my induction at Sainsburys. Thursday, Friday and Saturday (nineteen hours in total!). The thing is though, I've been persuaded by the voice of pessimistic reason that is my mum's partner that it isn't really a good idea to ask to change my shifts for this time next month. There were two reasons for doing it: the first is that I have half term that week, and I wanted to do some shifts during the day if possible, and the other is that there is a weekend festival I wanted to go to and I'd need to move a shift or two to get to it. But as he pointed out, due to the way shifts are organised I'd have to be asking them to move my shifts before I'd worked a full week.

So I can't go to my festival, unless they ask me when I would like to work and are totally cool about it (they won't be, I don't expect them to be). But on the plus side I start paid employment on Thursday! Proper, real, got-via-an-interview employment! This is the first time in my life that I've done this. I'm really thrilled :-D

And tomorrow is my driving test, and I'm quietly confident that I'll be fine. My driving instructor still reckons I go round corners too quickly and he's probably right in terms of the test so I shall make sure to be going really slowly tomorrow. But really, less than five miles an hour is not fast in anyone's book, is it?

öde

All my friends take corners in 3rd.

Lines

• Awakened

I had my interview today. It went rather well! I feel a lot better about it than the last two I had, so hopefully I'll get it. And it's downtown, so they are only open 9-5:30 and are closed on Sundays, which is good.

Other than that my life is really boring. Actually, so is this post but hey, it's a blog thread.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Dear Blag Thread.

I keep having erotic dreams about Gabblers.

And they're getting progressively more disturbing.

Make it stop.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Blog Thread,

Ozy is blaming me for his problems. He has no reason to do so. Make him stop.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened

Dear Blog Thread,

Stop being attractive, then, you silly board.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Jens,

Re: a)

Oh really? Do tell.
Liz is touching me.

öde

I wish I could have dreams where I am not murdered.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I wish I could have dreams where I wasn't murdering forumers.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 82   Go Up