THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 11:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765617 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

so uh i guess i'm seeing sloan next wednesday. with the golden dogs.
EXCELLENT. Both of them. Excellent.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

oh

i know
it's time to stop posting

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I realize this is the ultimate in "nobody cares,"

Isn't that the entire point of a blog? To tell people that don't care what is going on in your life.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

So disappointment is happening this weekend.  There were three different shows that I wanted to see this weekend.

All of them are cancelled.  I was particularly excited about Mogwai on Friday, but no go.

Time for a fucking lonely weekend
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

so uh i guess i'm seeing sloan next wednesday.

SLOOOOOAAAAAAAAN.

i get to interview them

so excited
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

I HAVE RETURNED.

And I've made an important discovery: everything sounds at least 200% more awesome when you add ". . . in the Arctic" to it. Observe:

"On my holiday, I crossed a river."

"On my holiday, I crossed a river in the Arctic."
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2008, 22:50 by Inlander »

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

so uh i guess i'm seeing sloan next wednesday. with the golden dogs.
Man what is up with the Golden Dogs. I'd never heard of them and all of a sudden they're touring with everyone. They opened for Feist (missed that set) and then they were playing with Electric Six and now they're up in Sloan what the hell guys.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

maybe it's because they're really good. i have no idea where they came from, though.

also! the meadowlands is one of the most flawless records ever
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Survey says they came from... Toronto!
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat

The Golden Dogs are really good!

Like, really really good!

Shit!

valley_parade

• coprophage

Yes.

While not as cool as my Angus Young costume last Halloween, that is pretty damn close.

I can't believe pictures didn't surface. The cardboard guitar absolutely made it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

I got back from ATP/NYC/Newark last night.

ATP was awesome. The first thing I heard when I went into the hotel was some guy complaining about people swimming in the pools (there were lots of activities you could do for free). "They're just here for the cred! They don't care about the music!" ATP gave everyone this really pretty little cardboard wallet-like thing that has the schedules of the bands, the cinema, and then bios of the bands. All 3 days, I stayed at stage one, except for going to see Brian Jonestown Massacre at stage 2. Anton was so calm during the whole show, despite occasional people yelling about the Dandy Warhols and asking where Joel was (Anton answered that he was in Hawaii). He did spend a lot of time staring at the ceiling, though. Very freaky. During MBV, a lot of drunk people didn't wear earplugs. Bad choice. Also, if you ever get to see Les Savy Fav in concert, doooo it. The lead singer is very entertaining to watch. He ended the show with having some guys in the crowd carrying him on a ladder, then inviting tons of people onto the stage to dance with him.

A lot of people made jokes about The Shining and Dirty Dancing because of the hotel. It was a very pretty place, although the plumbing could not stand up to the 3000 people supposedly there. The audience was surprisingly tame. The towns around the hotel were weird, though. They were really small, but many had topless bars and one was actually looking for girls to hire.

After ATP, we went to see NYC. We were too tired to do much sightseeing on Monday (Stage 1 ran behind on time all day Sunday and MBV finished at around 2:15) and Tuesday, my boyfriend and I just walked around. We had to leave to catch our flight at 5:45 and were told it'd only take us 25 minutes to get to the airport. We were going through Holland tunnel with, according to the gas meter, 3/4 of a tank. Suddenly it dropped to empty while we were just over halfway through. Very scary. We stopped to get gas right afterwards, which took awhile because the tank was a 20 gallon tank. The whole trip took an hour and 45 minutes, causing us to miss our flight and stay in Newark until yesterday.

So now it's back to normal life and job hunting.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

You guys, I don't know what to do, I think this girl is digging on me hard. But also, she's 2 years younger than me. We train at the same school and I don't want it to be awkward, but then I had this crazy dream last night wherein it was cold out and I was apparently really warm despite not wearing a shrit and so because it was cold she was all clinging to me? But she gets all giggly and sort of awkward when talking to me, I should just let this play out and see how it goes?

EMOTIONS ARE CONFUSING YOU GUYS :-D

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Two years younger than you isn't a lot, really. I was going to say something a long the lines of "Hell, maybe when you're 14", but then I realized that not even then would I see it as a big deal.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Uh... Pants, how old are you?

I have dated someone who was 6 years older than me. We are still friends. And the guy I mentioned earlier in this thread is 4 years older than me. 2 years is nothing.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Well, I'm 18. So she is 16. And that makes it a little bit illegal, I guess, if anyone ever actually cared about shit like that anymore. But I don't know when her birthday is exactly. I just know that I turn 19 in about a month and a week.

I have never thought 2 years to be much of a difference, I have a 4 year dating window personally (2 years younger or 2 years older). Its just that some people look at a guy who is out of highschool dating a junior as kind of weird. I think those people are ridiculous. But I seriously don't know what to do when girls are interested in me.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

People change a huge amount in their teenage years, which is something to bear in mind.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung

Well, I'm 18. So she is 16. And that makes it a little bit illegal, I guess, if anyone ever actually cared about shit like that anymore. But I don't know when her birthday is exactly. I just know that I turn 19 in about a month and a week.

It's actually probably not illegal. It depends on where you live, but there's usually a buffer zone worked in to the law so the cops don't have to waist time busting an 18 year old for sleeping with his 16 year old girlfriend.

I have never thought 2 years to be much of a difference, I have a 4 year dating window personally (2 years younger or 2 years older). Its just that some people look at a guy who is out of highschool dating a junior as kind of weird. I think those people are ridiculous. But I seriously don't know what to do when girls are interested in me.

Personally, I'm not dating anyone right now and I'm pretty content being single, but I probably would date someone between 21 and their early 30s. But I probably felt about like you do when I was your age. The bigger part is probably the 2nd thing you say: she's in high school (and not even a senior) and you're not. A lot of relationships fall apart in the late teens because of that disparity. Doesn't mean that this one won't work, though, and I wouldn't advocate using the age difference as an excuse to avoid dealing with feelings you have for this girl.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Man.

So after thinking about this problem, I have realized that I am totally not a dreamer or a romantic anymore. Normally, I'd be all "Yeah, man, you should just do it. Think about how fun it will be. If it doesn't work out, oh well. I mean, at least it happened, and you guys had fun, and you felt those feelings, and it was great. I mean, emotion is a pretty great thing. etc etc more romantic dreamer bullshit" but now I am thinking "Man, don't do it. It won't be worth the hassle. etc etc and other bullshit I don't want to say because deep deep down I am still a dreamer, and I think you should do it, but realistically, I think it may be a bad idea in the long run sigh"

But yeah. Last night I was going to end things with the pirate guy I met. Completely. We fucked around and are friends and shit now, but I don't even want that much involvement with anyone right now. It is so ridiculous. I don't want to get my heart broken, and I don't want to get hurt, or hurt anyone. I don't trust anyone to be dependable, and fuck my fear of commitment is like overwhelming me now. I mean, it's always been there, which is why I've never been a big fan of true relationships(basically, I don't date. I hang out with people, I become really good friends with people, and we screw around. We are basically dating, but with out all the I guess romantic notions of it all. Like we aren't dating, but we are. It's hard to explain. It's more than friends with benefits, but less than a boyfriend/girlfriend thing.), but now I don't even want to form those type of relationships. It's ridiculous. I mean, everything is going pretty perfectly with this dude. Better than most of my "relationships" actually. The guy generally seems really interested in me. And I don't want to get involved. I want to end things. It is so ridiculous.  argh.

ps. I whine too much.

ETA:
On a cheerier side of life, for the first time ever, St. Louis will be hosting a horror convention! It is only $34 for the whole weekend, which is pretty damn cheap. However, my work is going to have a booth there! And I might get to work it! I am so excited! And I get to dress up as a zombie! I think I literally squeed(!) when I found this out. How freaking awesome is that??
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2008, 12:37 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

I have a job again. Basically I am convinced I shit gold.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Man that sounds fucking uncomfortable.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Alex C

• comeback tour!

See, I never saw how relationships are supposed to be confusing. I am conflicted about them at times, sure, but that's mostly because when it comes down to it, I'm deeply unhappy with my life. Which is you know, unfortunate, but not terribly complicated.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Some days I really love my job!

Like today. We've implemented a beer system in our office whereby you can pay $2 and take a beer from the fridge. So we've just been sitting around in the sunshine on our lunch break drinking cold beer and listening to an excellent mix of samba, baille funk and hip-hop. Also, possible roof party after work finishes.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker

You know, I love my job because i can take beer from the fridge for free! My job rocks!

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I wanna go out and maybe not remember it too well in the morning but I'm broke and all my friends are either irritating or boring tonight.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

I was going to go out tonight!  My friend from work and I have been trying to go out for weeks but one of us always fails somehow.  Anyway we had it all planned, but Amy was going with her friend who is aprently a real bitch and doesn't want to hang out with 'those scabby Cocos girls'  (Amy is like...one of which I AM) so we were going to 'accidentally' meet downtown.  But crazy bitch friend read the message I sent Amy asking when to meet and apparently had this giant spazzy teary so now, once more, we fail at going out.

Which is a shame because I wanted to dance!  I took a nap today and everything!  Looks like it's just you and me internets.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

octodexy

Is it a scenario where you only wanted to hang out with this individual and their bitchy friend, or could you go out with another individual? In either scenario, that stinks, I'm sorry.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

I don't actually have many friends here!  Mostly work friends, and alot of them have small children.  Because they are laaaaaame.
Oh well, someone is dropping off free chicken prawn curry and rice on their way home from work so that is a bonus! NOMS free dinner!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I hope Jon remembers that I'm getting in around 7:30 tonight and doesn't go out or anything.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie

Dear Blog Thread,

Yesterday I didn't read enough threads on this forum and posted a new thread hastily. It was promptly locked and now I feel so bad about it and feel inferior to all other forum posters and tried to delete it and couldn't and now I have to write a run-on sentence to express my guilt.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Getting in where? Did you get the tickets after all?

No, I have a ticket for a concert down the street from his place tomorrow night.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

This morning (my time obviously) a show with a piece I've been working on opened in Beijing. woo

mooface

congrats joe!

i just started new job which pays shitttt, but my coworkers are really nice.  when i met the cook i was like "holy shit it's an italian version of mike!" then i remembered that mike is italian.  so, uh, mike... i don't even think you read this thread but do you by any chance have a cousin named massimo who looks a lot like you and lives in rome?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I have just attended the single loosest party I have ever been to in my entire life. Bear in mind that I am a fucking coinisseur of looselessness, I have made it my fucking lifes intent to study looseness in all its glory and jesus fucking christ last night was the best thing. I will probably spam the living shit out of the photo thread when the photos hit facebook because the only photo I managed to get on my phone that was worth a shit was one of the staff room after someone had let loose the contents of an entire powder fire extinguisher into it. There is a lot of fucking white shit in those things, it was like a snowglobe but instead of a quiet village on the isle of wight it had a washing machine with "WASH THIS YOU CUNT" scrawled on it in permanant marker, but basically imagine what happens when a small locally owned pub goes out of buisness due to disputes with the landlored and it becomes a massive party to send it off and jesus christ I taxed so much shit from whatever was left in the fridges but if you think I am drunk right now bear in mind that I turned up at 1.30 am in the morning after it had already been going since 7pm the previous night and it is only about 3 am now jesus christ I am never going to party this hard as long as I live

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Man internet. Man. No one told me that the real world was such hard work.

I just got a job at Sainsbury's on the checkouts, and apparently that requires 35 hours of training before I start. 19 of those hours were induction, Thursday and Friday evening and all of today. Then next week I have the whole of Monday and half of Wednesday to be trained on the tills before I get a "till buddy" and go live on some customers.

There's not really a problem there for me, except that my teachers will be a bit cross that I'm missing college and I'll be pushed for time to get work caught up. The problem is my mother and her partner.

For the last year I've been having fairly constant pressure from them to get a job, for a variety of reasons ranging from their belief that I need responsibity to the fact that I'm nearly 18 and should probably be paying my own bus fare. So as soon as I got back from summer I applied for a bunch of stuff and took the first job that came up (which happened to be the one with the best job security and most hours).

Immediately they started complaining that I'd have to be picked up late several nights a week, and that they couldn't go out on evenings because of it. This really irked because I'd checked the hours with them before applying and specifically checked that they'd be ok to fetch me each night, and they said yes. Also I'll be paying a fuel contribution so it isn't like I'm just bumming lifts all the time.

Then they started raising concerns like "you won't get into university if you don't do your college work". A few weeks ago they were telling me that I wasn't going to be able to go to the university I wanted to go to, which was one of the main reasons I took the job. Suddenly they're in favour of university if they can use it as a tool for manipulating me.

Finally I got shouted at by both of them, but particularly my mother's partner, for not "standing up to my boss" (his words) and refusing to go to training because it clashes with college. I explained the very good reasons which were given to us for having the training outside of our contracted hours (the trainer cannot train us in the evenings due to the business of the store, and she has to do it in the first half of next week because the next new intake arrive on Thursday) but he still said that it wasn't right. He even went as far as to say that I should leave, and get another job. This is the first job I've managed to get since I moved here and I've applied for about twenty.

I am seriously being to consider my options for moving out. There's a hostel for young people in the town centre, which is excellently run and very central to work and college. I have a fairly good income and I'm quite independant (although you wouldn't think so from the way my mother and her partner talk to me). The two things which are preventing me from rushing out and doing anything impetuous are the fact that it would be even harder to try and make it on my own (although possibly less mentally draining and emotionally damaging) and the fact that the hostel has a waiting list.

But if I'm staying here I need to find a way to get through to them, and make them realise that I am old enough to make my own decisions, based on reality and in full knowledge of all the relevant information. Every single thing I've done in the past few months has demonstrated this; I worked hard for my exams last term and got extremely high grades, I spent a month working in Germany as an au pair, I travelled for five hours to visit a univeristy and stayed overnight, returning safely and in possession of a large quantity of useful information, and I did lots of research into money and available funding and calculated whether I can actually afford to go to university.

I don't know. I find it so hard because I know, I am absolutely certain, that I am not being stupid or immature and that I'm right. I can make decisions. I am mature and responsible enough to keep on top of my college work and hold down a part time job. I'm not allowing myself to be pushed around by an unscrupulous employer, I'm being smart enough to compromise. They've tried very hard to fit my training around my college timetable; only six out of the 35 hours of training actually cause me to miss any lessons. I just can't seem to make them see that, and the arguments we have about it invariably result in my crying, which hardly supports my point.

Well. That did turn into something of an essay. Sorry about that, but I needed to get it off my chest really to people who are far enough removed that I don't particularly mind whose side they take. Although I'm hard pushed to see many points on their side. Yes, it's going to be hard. Yes, it's inconvenient to miss college. Yes, they probably don't want to drive into town and pick me up late at night. But as my mum always used to tell me when I didn't want to tidy my room, we all have to do things we don't like. It's part of being an adult.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Jens! We will miss you!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Jens, though I am not a big fan of hunting, that is pretty fucking awesome. I am moderately jealous.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear life,

Fuck you.

Take care,
Emaline

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

emaline, you sound like you need a hug or somethin.

dear blog thread,

i think i'm having an identity crisis.

love,
anna
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.

Dear diary

Accountancy exam = failed to pass =   :oops::cry:

What the hell i supposed do cause i have passed all the other courses and now this shit,
put it simple, i cant graduate and then i will die alone maybe some horrific way.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

emaline, you sound like you need a hug or somethin.

dear blog thread,

i think i'm having an identity crisis.

love,
anna

You are Anna, but not the young one with the kickass guitar.

Does...does that help?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

are you calling me old? or saying that my guitar is not kickass?
that's not very helpful or nice.  :|

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Oh dang oh crap, I mean...

I don't know anything about your guitar.

And the other Anna is young on a relativistic basis.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

i find it hard to believe that we are internet married sometimes cause you barely know meeee.
(...please tell me you remember that gabbly conversation or else i am going to feel super awkward here.)

Johnny C

• Mentat

BARONESS

HEAVY FUCKING METAL

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

i find it hard to believe that we are internet married sometimes cause you barely know meeee.
(...please tell me you remember that gabbly conversation or else i am going to feel super awkward here.)

It has been so long since you Gabbled, I think it is pretty obvious that we have an internet separation and I cannot be held accountable for these oversights.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

God why did I drink so much somebody put me out of my misery

valley_parade

• coprophage

are you calling me old? or saying that my guitar is not kickass?

Is it a blueburst Danelectro?

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Today I was charged 125 pounds because the people who lived in my apartment before me decided to cancel their phone line, which means that a new one needs to be installed. This also means that I am going to be without internet for about a month.

So I'll have it for 12 months in a flat I will only be in for another 8 months.

I hate the way the British phone/internet works.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce

blogalog,

i have to give a presentation tomorrow and i keep wasting time instead of working on it.

this presentation and the accompanying preliminary report and self-critiques account for 50% of my grade.

WHY CANT I FOCUS
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 82   Go Up