THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 08:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765565 times)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Over here in arizona we have bike paths and bike lines, but the fun part is that the bike lane will just end when there's a turn lane, so most drivers will just cut into the bike lane when they want to turn.

I used to ride a bike everywhere, but I got tired of my bike falling apart (like when the pedal fell off and I hurt every single joint on the left side of my body) and I had big feet so I'd fall about once every 5 months. I just decided to start skateboarding places, you fall a lot less (once in 2 years) and you can look cooler. And isn't it all about looks anyways?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

I am sort of bummed we did not post in the right order so I could make a Tom, Dick and Harry joke.

Keep your dick away from my bum please, tommy.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

I've never really had trouble with motorists when I ride my bike on the road. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had anyone so much as honk at me. I even playfully raced a bus down the big hill near my university the other week. I lost :(

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Dear Blog Thread,

I can see an ocean I've never seen before right now!

Wooo!
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dear Blog Thread,

Jon fails so hard at vacation. Don't tell us about the ocean, go enjoy it!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I just wish cyclists followed the rules of the road. There's really nice, wide bike lanes here, but a stop sign is a fucking stop sign no matter what vehicle you are in. If you are on wheels, you are not special. Goddammit.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Guys,

Today I was scheduled to work 12 - 6. I got in at 11:20ish, and began working. At 12:15ish, my mother called my work, and asked me if I would be able to come home early if I needed to. I said yes. At 12:30, my father showed up at my work and picked me up.

Let me start at the beginning. At 10:00 this morning, I woke up, and got dress. At 10:36, I walked into the kitchen. The sounds of my little sisters, Jane and Clara, came from the livingroom. I knew Jane had stayed home because she was sick. At 3:00am, I was still awake on the main floor of the house, and Jane had came down, coughing. This is Jane's first year of school.

At 10:36, I talked to my mother who said that Jane stayed home because she had been coughing all night, and her nose kept bleeding. At some point between that time and 10:50, Jane had walked through the room at various points. I noticed she had dried blood at the corners of her mouth, and I honestly and stupidly didn't think much of it, because her nose had been bleeding, and she had been coughing, and I guess I just chalked it up to that.

So, 10:50 rolls around, and I am heading out the door. Clara is on the floor of the livingroom crying because, as kids tend to do, Jane and her had argued. Jane was in a different room, ignoring Clara. So I tried to calm Clara down, hurriedly, since I was already late. Jane came running in the room, when she heard I was leaving to give me a hug and kiss goodbye, and I acted indifferently towards her because I was upset with her for hurting her sister. 10:52 and I am putting my bike away because I can't ride today because of rain.

Last night, I'll say around 9:00pmish, Jane had got out of the shower, and came into the computer room where my mom and I were, crying. She had a bruise on her back. She had "I have a boo boo and I am going to die because I have a boo boo on my back"

So, 12:15 my mother calls me at work and says "Something is wrong with Jane. Can you come home? You dad is on the way to come take her to the hospital, and he will pick you up."

My father arrives at 12:30, and I clock out, tell my coworker what I was doing, and what needs to be done, and head out the door. In the car, my father informs me that my mother said my sister has bruises all over her body and won't stop bleeding. They are taking her to the hospital.

At 12:47, we arrive at my house, and Jane comes running out the door to greet us. Jane has always been a bit freckled, but standing on the porch with her, I noticed she was covered in what looked like freckles, except red. They were all over her face. Smiling, and acting very upbeat, and silly, like a child, she says "Something is wrong with me." She said it as casually as someone would say "The sky is blue." We walked into the house, where my mother told us more about what was going on. When Jane got up this morning, she had a few bruises. Over the course of the day, red marks showed up on her body, like she had hit something. Just red marks, like when you bump into a door or something. In seconds the marks turned from red to blue. My mother showed us some of her bruises. She is covered in them. And the little red freckles.

At 12:52, both my parents left to take her to the hospital. At 1:42, I recieved a text that Jane had puked up blood with one the way there. My parents, and Jane are currently at the hospital in the waiting room, waiting to be seen. It is now 1:46pm.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

Yikes.  Hope it gets better.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

SarahBarah

Emaline, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts throughout the day and I wish the best for you little sister. Stay hopeful.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

My personal statement is still not finished.

Ditto.
I'm actually gonna spend every waking moment over the next few days trying to do this, but I actually don't remember what needs to be in it. :\
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Jesus hell Sam. That is why I don't drive. I don't trust other people.

Thanks for the support guys. I know it is silly, but it means a lot to me. So thanks.

When they got called back at the hospital, the doctors immediately ran a blood test. The absolute minimum amount of platelets someone can have in their body is 10,000(per micro liter of blood). She has 1. They haven't completely ruled out leukemia, but they don't think it is that. They are keeping her over night to see if they can get her platelet count up.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

They haven't completely ruled out leukemia, but they don't think it is that.

Well that's something at least, I hope they can sort it out soon.

benji

Emaline, I hope they figure out what's going on with your sister.

Sam, I'm glad you and your friend were ok.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

SarahBarah

It doesn't sound like leukemia. This condition she has sounds like something I had when I was 2 years old. It's called idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura or ITP for short.

(idiopathic meaning the cause is unknown, thrombocytopenic means lack of platelets, and pupura means excessive bruising)

The calling cards for this are bruising, tiny red dots on the skin called petechiae, nosebleeds, and bleeding in the intestinal tract causing her to puke blood, or her gums are bleeding, and since she feels sick she'll spit up the blood in her mouth.

They treated me with intravenous infusions (given in a vein) of gamma globulin to increase my platelet count, and then I took prednisone until I was well again.

I hope that helps some. I hope she gets well really soon.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

My parents just came home from the hospital, and that is what she has. They are treating it with an IV as well. It's going to take 6 to 8 hours for the IV, and if it works she will hopefully be home tomorrow.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

So the friend I was planning on spending the week with bailed on me.

KvP lonelyyyyyyyyyy
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Only one solution: Making mopetronica/ ten hours a day on Gabbly
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I just finished my promotions course for cadets, I'm now a CUO. On Monday I have to go to a meeting to find out which appointment I've got, I hope that it's head of Medics and Signals.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Only one solution: Making mopetronica/ ten hours a day on Gabbly
Done and done.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I want to be an ass. I have had a shitty day, and all my compassion is used up for the while. I can be an ass to people who are asses to me, right? Grrrr I want to hulk out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I have finished my personal statement! I have acquired ten and a half hours of over time for next week! I am going shoe shopping for more comfortable work shoes! Today is a good day!

And Emaline, I believe that you currently have a temporary right to be an ass to anyone you choose. Family sickness is one of those things which grants you that right. (I'm almost just kidding, but not quite.)

For your family's sake (and ours!  :-P) I hope that your sister recovers quickly. I'm glad they know what is wrong with her :-)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I want to be an ass. I have had a shitty day, and all my compassion is used up for the while. I can be an ass to people who are asses to me, right? Grrrr I want to hulk out.

Hey Emaline you are a doo-doo head

*braces*
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Gah, that sucks. Could be worse, though. My friend was in a similar situation. He volunteered to help this lady move stuff into her house, and while working she backed the moving truck into the front crumple zone of his car. It was a very minor bump, but it still hit hard enough to damage the radiator and total the car. The lady has fought tooth and nail against getting anything paid for. My friend is a poor college student, so he's had to share one car with his extended family for the last year. Shit sucks.
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 15:58 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

Well, my younger sister is preggers. I am not sure how I feel about this, considering that I don't particularly care for the way that her boyfriend treats her (he's extremely clingy and possessive; comes from being a foster kid, I think), and they want to move out of my parent's house. Oh, and she's on 18. That's a little much too...

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Hey Emaline you are a doo-doo head

*braces*

Gosh, Dovey, you are such a jerkyface.

Sam, that sucks butts so much. I hate people like that. What are you guys gonna do?

Barmy, thanks. I am trying to not be a jackass because it's still rude. Instead I am explaining things in way too much detail. I called my work tonight, and I just went on a long scientific rant about everything. It was silly.

The hospital just called, though. And the iv didn't work. They are still saying they are 99% sure it isn't leukemia, but they also said the iv would work. The IV was supposed to bring her count up to 30,000 at least, but it was only up to 5,000 this afternoon. Then it dropped again. She is down to none. They are doing a blood transfusion tonight. I really hate hospitals, and doctors. She was supposed to come home today. ugh

nobo

There is a hurricane named after me that is about to tear up Baja California.

It makes me feel :evil: and  :lol:
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

I hope she gets better soon Emaline!

Sam!  I hope you can work shit out yo!  remember, a worried Sam is a ...bad..Sam.

Ok, now, dear bloggles (this will probably be boring so you don't have to read it guys),

As you are all probably aware by now, my job requires little to no thinking so I get a lot of time to think about myself/life etc. Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to be in another serious relationship for a long time.  Like, I have a lot of trouble understanding how exactly Loxley fell so completely and utterly in love with me (seriously, it boggles my mind. I am pretty sure I was a shit girlfriend) and I hate having to feel so guilty that he is unhappy because I am happy.  SO I have decided that I will avoid serious relationships for a while, but casual things would be ok.  Like I do not want to sleep around (I am amused at the very thought of me doing that actually) but god knows I could use some affection, especially considering the last 2 years of my relationship were incredibly void of affection in pretty much any form.

Also, I am thinking of getting a work visa and moving to England for a year.  Maybe! I can DO that kind of thing now.

Oh also, I took Brett to the theater last night and it was awesome.

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Sounds like a fairly sensible and normal reaction to me, I think when serious relationships fall through for whatever reason it's quite hard to just move straight on without having some time to work out what went wrong and what could have been better etc. So good on you for making a good decision for yourself :-)

And England is a good place to be. Everyone will love your accent and your dress style and you can come and meet English people!

Today is my mother's birthday, and I can't say happy birthday to her because she's in Portugal. I'd ring her but I'm at college and then straight to work and I don't get home til ten. So happy birthday, mum! I'll beam out good wishes via the intertubes and hope she realises (she won't).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

benji

Dear Blog Thread,

Tomorrow is my birthday. The original plan for my birthday was that my 3 roommates and me were going to go to a concert that I wasn't that interested in, but that featured the brother of a friend of mine from back home. It would've been ok, because we could've gotten in for free, and I would have finally met her brother and hung out back stage. But then it turned out none of my roommates were going to be in town, so I started calling other friends to see if they would like to hang out.

I've learned 2 thins about my current age:
1. Most of my friends are now the sort of people that would like to go out to a bar for a little while and then go bowling and get home before midnight, rather then go to a rock show of a band they've never heard of to meet some random musician that I have some abstract connection to. What's more, I would rather do this as well.
2. I'm also at the point now where get-togethers bloom very quickly in to large groups because (a) I know more people then I think I know and (b) at least half of them come in pairs now. As of yesterday morning I had invited only 3 people directly, but one was bringing her husband, one was bringing her girlfriend, and one was bringing his girlfriend and his roommate. Add to this the 3 people I invited at church last night, and the fact that one of my roommates will be around after all, and I've got 12 people coming to hang out instead of just 3 with my original plan.

Also, there's this woman I've known for a while who I think I might be interested in and who might be interested in me. I haven't really been interested in dating seriously since my fiance and I split up about a year ago so...

Also, I hurt my thumb banging on a drum yesterday.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Man, my friends have been like that since like 15. Bowling is an absolute good. I will not argue this.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I thought that said "slightly weird."

I chuckled.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

valley_parade

• coprophage

There is a girl in two of my classes that I kinda have a Thing for.

She keeps calling me Alex for some reason. o.O
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Your name is now Alex.

We have to alter reality to get you laid.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

Blog thread the espresso machine at work makes coffee so fast. Two sets of quadruple espressos in ten minutes. I am slightly wired.

Dude, that is not a healthy amount of caffeine. Seriously, I hope that is not a regular habit because damn.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

valley_parade

• coprophage

Your name is now Alex.

We have to alter reality to get you laid.

I was thinking about just letting it slide.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Blog thread the espresso machine at work makes coffee so fast. Two sets of quadruple espressos in ten minutes. I am slightly wired.

Dude, that is not a healthy amount of caffeine. Seriously, I hope that is not a regular habit because damn.

It is a regular habit, he drinks more espresso than he sells.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!

Man, I drank a quadruple espresso once. I nearly died.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I was thinking about just letting it slide.

Not good enough, Alex.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I meant let it slide as in let her keep calling me Alex.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Of course you will.

Because it's your name.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I always thought the A stood for Anthony.

S'what it said on my birth certificate, anyway.

benji

If you're not willing to adopt a new identity for this girl, you don't deserve her. That's what she'll be thinking.

I think that's the worst advice I've ever given.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Gabbly have decided I am legally going to change my middle name from Anthony to Alex.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Good luck with the girl, Alex!

Also the best coffee drink with so much crap in it that it can't really be called coffee anymore drink is called the Hard Times. It is four shots of espresso, chocolate syrup, and sweetened condensed milk over ice with just enough water to fill the cup up--which is just a splash. That is a caffeine + sugar high high. So good!
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7

People drink 4 cups of coffee all the time.  And espresso has less caffeine in it than coffee, so he should be okay.

also blog thread,
I seem to have a new found talent where every girl i talk to who is interesting is in high school.  I am not sure how I feel about this.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

So, blog thread, it's come to this.

I don't know if I told you, if I did it was many moons ago, but I have an old friend. My old best friend, actually, from high school. We were pretty close buds way back when.

Fuck it, I'll start from the beginning.

We'll call my friend A. Around our senior year, we both knew this guy who I will call B. B had a girlfriend who I'll call Ally. Following? Good. So anyway, I never really liked B or Ally, but A liked them well enough. In fact, A was the only friends B/Ally had. Because Ally, you see, is the most manipulative cunt you will ever meet in your life. We all knew B from years back, but soon after he fell in with Ally we stopped hearing from him completely, because Ally is a very insecure, controlling person, and she does not like her boyfriends having friends. B wanted to be a filmmaker back when he was younger, but Ally always wanted to be married to a cop. A few months after we stopped hearing from B, he dropped out of college and applied for police academy. Now, only my best friend A was allowed to see him and his girlfriend during all of this time. I found this suspicious, given the amount of jealousy and control Ally had over the relationship and the fact that A and B were very good friends.

My suspicions were well-founded. While I was off building houses in Nicaragua a few years ago, Ally made her move. She abruptly dumped B and shacked up with A. And sure enough, we stopped hearing from A. I saw him maybe four times in the last 3 years, once by coincidence on voting day '06, twice to see shows with him (to the very dramatic and insistent protestations of Ally) and one more time, briefly, towards the beginning of A and Ally's relationship. We were going to hang out and watch a movie, but Ally called once and asked if A was with anyone. When he answered in the positive, she said goodnight and then called a few minutes later, telling him that she was considering starting smoking and none-too-implicitly suggesting that if she wasn't going to start it was going to be because A came over and talked her out of it. So A kicked me and the rest of my friends out and promptly rushed to Ally's side. Shortly after that they moved together to Denver, an hour or so away.

Okay, so A started calling me a few months back. Like, once a week. For no apparent reason, just to chat. Which was unusual. A few weeks ago I learned that A had dropped out of school to work full time to support Ally, who was initially going to school, but had dropped out herself and was "in the process of finding a job". It was getting too expensive to live in Denver. So they were moving back to Loveland. I thought "awesome", because many of my other friends were moving away and this seemed like a blessing, given that I had no other friends in town.

That was naive of me, because in the last two weeks since he moved into town (I saw him once when he initially moved) I and his other friends called him several times to no avail, and the last person to see him said he appeared apprehensive when it was suggested that we all see each other as a group, like we used to. It appears Ally has put her foot down.

Thing is, they don't live more than 10 minutes away now. We're contemplating going over to their house on Friday, where (I'm assuming) they won't be able to hide from us. I don't know if this is a good idea, though. It's been a few years and if we force him to choose between his friends and his girlfriend I'm thinking he might just choose his girlfriend. Dude was about as lonely and insecure as I was before he was lured into this codependent relationship. I'm not under any illusions that he's better off with this woman, but he could definitely believe such.

(Another horror story [read at your own risk], back when Ally was with B they went over to A's house and they all were watching a movie with the lights out. At some point Ally went down on B while A was still in the room. I don't even think it was a particularly titillating sort of movie. This woman is frightening.)
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

Dude, I have so much sympathy for your situation. I wish I had some good advice for you, but I don't know if there is a real good solution.

Guys, I bought gas today for $2.69! I filled up my tank for $25. Is it sad that this is one of the best things to happen to me in a while?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Oh, and I forgot to mention that as of a few weeks ago A has set his sights on a fulfilling career as a police officer!

ahahahahahahaha
ha
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

I'm pretty sure you already told us that story. Sorry, my bad!
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 14:07 by Scarychips »
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Guys, I bought gas today for $2.69! I filled up my tank for $25. Is it sad that this is one of the best things to happen to me in a while?

man, and i was excited about paying $3.36 for gas today.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 82   Go Up