THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 03 Jun 2024, 08:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 770454 times)

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

Well, my city is not as much run by a government as it is the oil industry.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

You can't stop other people mucking up their lives.  You can look and learn, hoping to avoid such a situation for yourself (but, of course, your problems will be different, and will blindside you); and you can watch out and be there for them, should they ever discover that they need you.  Sad? - yes; but you'd best get on with your own life.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

That's the sad truth, isn't it. Yeah, we'll make some overtures to him, probably, but if he doesn't bite, well, I figure this can't last forever, not at this rate. At some point he'll realize all the time, money and effort he's wasted/
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

I just got fired! Well, not just, it was on wednesday but still, I have no job. I'm still able to pick up some work doing market research interviewing (bothering people over the phone) but that kind of thing makes me so depressed that I want to kill myself after every shift so I'm not doing that for any longer than I have to. I'm going over to my brother's place today and he's going to help me look for and apply for some jobs.
I'm pretty upset about losing that job, given that I really enjoyed didn't hate the work and the people weren't entirely abject cunts. This is how the conversation went:

Wednesday 5pm

Me: Hey guys I'm leaving for the day. See you all tomorrow.
Boss: Oh hey, before you go can I have a word with you quickly? So it turns out that the client now wants something different from us, so basically we need to find a new person that can work on multiple projects at once, kind of like an extra Account Director/Data Analyst. It's got nothing to do with the quality of your work, you're just not qualified for what we need. So you don't really need to come in anymore.
Me:...Seriously?
Boss: Yeah.
Me: oh um ok. I can get a reference right?
Boss: Yeah sure, you have my contact details.
Me: Alright well...nice knowing you I guess.

This couldn't really be much more fucked up given the job market right now and the fact that I have rent/bills to pay and stuff.

Motherfuck my luck with jobs is awful.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Is that legal? I'm pretty sure just saying "don't bother coming in tomorrow" isn't legal around here.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I don't think anyone here in Australia is entirely sure of it's current legality, let alone anything to do with the work place relations here.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Gas is $2.79 here! I am so excited, you have no idea. Wheeeee.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

So, guys, my phone got disconnected during the night and reverted to buzz mode. Now, at the same time, I had knocked my phone into my clean socks and underwear. This is not good, for a phone buzzing in the middle of a bunch of cotton socks makes no noise. At least not enough to wake you up to make it to work in the morning. So I missed my morning shift (it was only about 2 hours of work), but I made it for my evening shift. What surprised me is that my boss said this "Its not so much that you missed work, its just that its really unlike you, and we were concerned that something had happened to you."

This makes me want to work here more than I had previously. Sure I got written up for it, but I've had 8 months of perfect attendance (not including when I've called saying I'm going to be late, I've never missed a shift, but I have called because I would be a bit late) prior to this.

Its like $2.26 here.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Guys!!! It is Fall Break. 10 days off. YES

I'm spending a few days in Chicago, then taking a short road trip to Asheville, NC, and hopefully make it back in time to take m'lady out for a fancy date night in Madison. I'm stoked!

Also, I am so thoroughly pleased with the 25 page paper I just wrote on how Turkey's bid to join the European Union has changed the state and society of Turkey and how it supports the theory of Liberal internationalism.

Oh, but um, I'm really sorry that so many of you all are dealing with difficult situations right now. I'm pulling for all of you, even if I may not know some of you.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Is that legal? I'm pretty sure just saying "don't bother coming in tomorrow" isn't legal around here.

It's legal if you're still on your three months probation period, which I was. Still, I was hoping they would have had the common courtesy to give me a weeks notice at least!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I miss your sig. *sniff*

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Guys, I am sorry to bog down the blog thread with this but...

My sister is still in the hospital. The blood transfusion didn't work. Her platelets remained low, so they did another treatment with the IV. Her platelet count  continued to drop. They are going to do another transfusion, and try the IV again. If that doesn't work, they are going to try a different IV treatment. This one is still rather new, and has been known to cause renal(kidney) failure. Guys, she is 5. This shouldn't happen to a 5 year old. I don't know what to do. I went to work today, and basically stressed out the whole day and wanted to cry a lot.

Tomorrow, I work 11-9(close). There will be only two other people working, and I can't find anyone to cover for me. We weren't very busy today, but I am not sure about tomorrow. Saturday I work 5 to close.

Should I just work both shifts, or should I do what I want to do, and call off tomorrow, to visit my sister in the hospital, and leave my assistant manager, and teamleader working by themselves on a Friday?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Leave them. They'll make do.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

You could explain to them what's going on. I'm sure they'd understand and let you have the day off.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Seriously Emaline, if they wont give you time off for something like this they arn't worth your time anyway.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Dear Blog Thread,

My modem died and I had to get a new one so that is why I have been away from the internet for a bit. Did you miss me?

Anyway,

1) My girlfriend got a new job! She was so excited! She used to work at Woolworths (the Australian arm of Safeway, basically) and she fucking hated it. Everybody at her work was either a total bitch to her or just plain immature, incompetent and irritating. It was making her really morose and it fucking sucked seeing her get so stressed out because of a part-time job. Now she is working at a surf shop which not only tolerates but encourages tattoos and piercings and doesn't have a uniform. I am so happy for my awesome girlfriend.

2) To celebrate she surprised me at work and she brought me home-made cherry pie. It was easily the most delicious pie I had ever tasted.

3) I am pretty sure I am moving out of home soon! A bunch of my friends live together and the lease is up so some of them are jumping out. It is the most opportune time because I have just got a new/second job which means I am finally earning enough to move out, especially seeing the rent on this place is dirt cheap ($94/week!). I will have to basically survive on instant noodles and stuff but I really don't care because I want to move out so bad (I like my family but it'd be nice to have a bit more freedom. Now is the time).
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Emaline,

Re: your work-- In light of circumstances in your personal life, fuck that shit, yo
 - Napoleon

valley_parade

• coprophage

Gas is $3.19 here. You bastards.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Petrol is an average of 149.8 Australian cents per liter here in Perth

This converts to US$3.77 per gallon.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

If I did the math right, we're at about US$8 per gallon here. Yeah, I know, not the same, but still.

I got my new cell phone the other day! It kicks ass. The camera is great, although that particular photo isn't a great proof of that, it is more a proof of the grocery store/supermarket not really paying attention and/or caring. Last year, the day before Mother's Day, they had a massive poster with "Morkake" written in huge letters. Directly translated, that means "Mother cake", which I guess is okay albeit slightly silly-sounding, but also placenta, which is less okay and more gross. Unless you're Tom Cruise, I guess.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2008, 05:55 by Ladybug »

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Haha, yay for Ica Maxi! And congrats on getting a new phone, the cam wipes kicks ass.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

SarahBarah

Good to hear your sister will be ok, Emaline

Dimmukane

• juicer

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but that's not quite what she was saying...
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Guys I am infuriated and frustrated right no wmy computer will not work and when technology that I need to work does not work, I get very very exasperated and angry. Not like, it has a virus, it just won't turn on. I'm on  my 10 day fall break, so I unplugged it from where it sits on my desk on college, brought it home, plugged it back in and...it won't turn on! The power cords are all connected, everything is as it should be..but when I press the power button, nothing happens! What the fuck do I do?

HURRRRRRGHlaksdjf.
 - Napoleon

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

Dear Blog thread,

I am siiiiick. Every time I swallow my throat and ears (wtf?) hurt, I have a constant headache, and I am very sore.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Dear glob tread,

I've just been offered a supervisor's position at my grocery store. This is so awesome, as it means I get to wear a suit if I want. Apparently it is because everyone loves me. I've only been working there for four weeks.

Yay!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

RedLion - just take it calmly, and check everything - fuses in plugs, whatever.  Then  shout at it; it's probably a member of this union.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Guys!

She is home! This morning, her platelet count came up to 16,000. They gave her some medicine, and said that if she could keep it down, then she could go home. Well, she puked it back up. So they tried again at 4:00 and she kept it down, and she is home now! I am so excited! She still has her bruises, and her red freckles. But she is home, and is in high spirits and is already bossing everybody around again and being adorable. I am so excited!

Thanks, everybody, for all your support. Seriously. Thanks, you guys.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

It is very draining to have a sick family member, I'm glad she is getting better.
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Emaline that is so good!  I am so glad!

Gem, wooooooooooo.  That's awesome!

Redlion, my computer did that when I moved last time.  The motherboard died and as a result it wouldn't turn on. or do anything.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

yay, nothing is ruined forever!

...except for Redlion's computer. sorry, dude.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

öde

That's awesome news Emaline!

sean

• welp

Petrol is an average of 149.8 Australian cents per liter here in Perth

This converts to US$3.77 per gallon.

Really? Gas is probably like, 3.50-3.70 around here in MD/DC (I don't drive so I don't know the exact price), depending on where you are. I thought you guys paid a lot more than us. Weird.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

look fuck gas it's irrelevant I want pizza and cute girls who are just how I want htem to be not how they want them to be fuck

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

But you do need money.  Money for the pizza, and maybe money for the cute girls (if that's how you roll), so paying less for gas is nice

$2.55 here last time I filled up
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2008, 23:11 by Blue Kitty »

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Alyssa is in Arizona for 6 days. I miss her already, and I feel like a pathetic high-school boy for it.  :|
 - Napoleon

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

Dear Blog Thread,
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck all of you people and your low gas prices (Actually, it's $3.15 here, which isn't really all that bad, considering...It hasn't been that low in like...a year).
In other news, OHMIGFUCKINGOD, I have a boyfriend.
...Seriously. My 18 year old sister is having a kid, and I'm finally (finally) getting my first boyfriend. I should feel slighted, but I am more pleased to just finally be a little more normal...

octodexy

Having just moved from Wisconsin where gas was higher than it is here in Las Vegas, NV two months ago, 3.15 is not bad at all. I don't think you should necessarily feel slighted by your recent news, your response to it seems reasonable to me.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Alyssa is in Arizona for 6 days. I miss her already, and I feel like a pathetic high-school boy for it.  :|

Which part? :o It'd be nice to meet someone who knows someone from the internet?
Also, why would she want to come here?

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

BLOGG,

My throat has gotten worse. Solid food feels like sand paper. I am trying to drink a banana milkshake right now and it hurts like hell.
Everything else that was hurting has gotten better though, strangely.

inflatable_slide

Dear blog thread,
 I feel like tiny mice are scratching at my throat, i woke up this morning sounding like an ancient chain smoking aul wan.... maybe i shouldnt have smoked and got to polluted last night.. i dunno!
Naturally i made a very poor decision in getting wrecked as i had to get down and dirty at dance class this morning, hangover + skanky dancing to pussy cat dolls = death! The horror didnt stop there either, i went to UCC open day where there were loads of people everywhere and i was pure in the horrors, no fun whatsoever!

I'm home now and in my pjs, gonna keep it quiet tonight.. i have work tomorrow :(

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Dear Dog Dead,

I have been swindled!  Someone broke into my car!  Stole my iPod and really sweet heaphones!

This, and the fact that I couldn't go to the concert I was about to go to for fear of my car being stolen.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Alex C

• comeback tour!

I got stung by a bee for the first time today. She stealthily landed onto my back and took offense when I went to take a seat. I'm disappointed because I had hoped to make a go of never being stung by a bee or wasp, but at least now I know I'm not allergic or anything. I now find people who act like maniacs upon a bee sighting even more hilarious than I did before the incident since it's hardly all that painful.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

One of our neighbours just set up an unsecured wireless modem! I have two bars of reception if I sit in the backyard! It's cold and dark out here.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Light a fire.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I would but the dog would probably jump in it.

Wait.

The dog would almost certainly jump in it.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

This is a learning opportunity  for the dog.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

That is messed up. Do you not have full day-absence? We could have days marked as 1 day instead of, say, 8 hours, because it looks tons better and everyone can be sick! It's ridiculous to use a day of illness against you. On my high school diploma, I have 8 days and 13 hours absence the first year, 8 days and 9 hours the second year and 9 days and 19 hours (due to driving lessons) the third year, and I was never approached even once about having too many days/hours.. I know you once said your school tried something new with the "black marks" etc, but still..

Man, we complained at my school for stupid rules, but yours sounds insane. However, it should be possible to reason with them if you just tell them the stuff you mentioned? But then again, maybe not.

Also, I am sick, and it is annoying as hell. Today I actually woke up, feeling totally ready to work out and was über motivated, but then I got out of bed and it felt like my head was going to fall of and/or explode.

benji

Maybe I just need to attend a different school.

This sounds like the right option to me. If it is an option. Would it be possible to switch schools without it costing too much money?
This signature is intentionally left blank.

benji

Ahh, ok. I wasn't sure if you had the equivalent of the American private school there. Schools are free here too, but there are also private schools which you can pay for. Kids who just can't take the public schooling system often transfer to private schools.
This signature is intentionally left blank.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82   Go Up