THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 06:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765547 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage

blog ed:

So this girl that used to work at the cafe. We've been texting back and forth, she sent me...a picture tonight. Mmmmyes.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Ohhhh yes. Shane is workin' it oh yeah.

(Go Shane!)
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Dear blog thread... I hate humanity.

I work in the copy center at the local courthouse, of which most of the time means copying boring legal briefs... occasionally, we would need to copy full color glossy crime scene photos from the State Attorney's Office. Today was one of those days, and I had the misfortune for it to be images of someone extremely dead.

It's one thing to see crap like this on TV, but entirely different to see it and know that this is real, and that this happened locally.

I am very grateful that there is a Blog Thread I can drop this weight. I know that as far as personal problems go, this isn't exactly huge, but some things just hurt you right in the soul.

Somebody is dead today, and I need to get very drunk. I've got a quart of Kentucky Gentleman, and I am going to soak in it.

I am very grateful that there is a Blog Thread I can drop this weight.

I'm going to ignore your incredibly saddening story (and your lack of the word "so"/"where" in the sentence) and instead praise myself and the fact that I am vindicated in my decision to support the idea of a blog thread while others who shall remain nameless  were all "fiddle-dee-dooo blogs are whiney." You see, if it weren't for the bloggus threadus, this person would have suffered in silence.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2008, 02:50 by RedLion »
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

pants, quit your job and get a better one.

I see my schedule for next week, it's not bad. I work a split shift on Sunday, but its okay. Then I have the morning on Monday, Tuesday off, a meeting on wednesday (so basically the day off), I work thursday night, friday morning and saturday morning. The only problem is that saturday morning I have an optometrists oppointment that I found out about earlier today. So I'll see if I can get that switched around.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Pants, your job sounds horrible, and I also think you should get another job if at all possible (but it is far easier to say that than do it). Good luck :-)

Also, Stryc (I know that is probably not your real name :p), your job also sounds like it wasn't too nice this week. Hope it doesn't happen too often. Obviously I hope this for the sake of the people in your town also.

Blog thread, I might kind of be dating someone maybe? OK she lives 100 miles away and we haven't seen each other for two and a half years but what's a few numbers between friends?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Hope that works out, Moo. You tend to think of time and distance as being these big things but with old friends you're often surprised with how easily the awkwardness shakes off and it's just like it used to be.

That's assuming your friends haven't married or had kids or endured some other Big Life Change, of course.

Anyway blog thread, I made my first from-scratch thingie with Reason today! Here it be in mp3! It's short and it's simple, but I think it's a marked improvement over what I was making three weeks ago, which was nothing. It's just a few Redrum loops and a graintable synthesizer +/- some Scream sound destruction. If anybody wants to tinker with it and make it actually good, I can provide the source file for Reason.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

If anybody wants to tinker with it and make it actually good, I can provide the source file for Reason.

Gimmie!

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache

BLOGTHREAD
My mom and stepdad brought me a light-up, snowglobe-shaped stamp from Mount Rushmore. It's probably the tackiest thing I have ever received and I love it.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Man, the cheap, tacky souvenirs are the best! I started collecting plastic snowglobes a while ago and I think I am nearing 20 by now. They are cheap and you can find them practically anywhere!
Liz is touching me.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear guys,

Tonight I had plans to go out with three friends. We made these plans on Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday. We were all planing on going out for a night on the town, and were laving around 9pm. At 7:30, one of the people who I was really looking forward to hanging out with texts to tell me that his friend has had a really bad day and that he wants to cancel, if it is ok with me. I too have had a terrible fucking day. Three fucking panic attacks. Working all day, not being able to afford to eat. Etc etc. It has been a terrible day. And I tell him thus, and he still pussyfoots around it. Saying that he'll come if he wants me to, but I sound irritable and maybe we should reschedule for a time when I'm not so irritable. I explain the situation with him, and tell him how I will be pretty heartbroken if he cancels because I was really looking forward to just relaxing with him, and then he fucking pansys out, and say he doesn't feel like going to the places we have planned and he wants to reschedule. I fucking hate when people cancel on me. It is the quickest way to make me your enemy. So I hulk out at him. He has a necklace of mine, and I tell him that I am done with it, give him my address, ask him to send me my necklace, offer to pay shipping, but to basically never speak to me again. I essentially told him to fuck off for cancelling on me.

I have had a really shitty day(which turned into a moderately shitty night), and I was really excited to see him and hang out and cheer up, but he fucking ditched me. After awhile, I felt like a fucking cunt, so I texted him saying that I won't apologize via text, but was up for doing it face to face or possibly over the phone if he wanted. No response.

So basically was I wrong for bitching him out? Should I call him tomorrow and apologize?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Hey Blog Thread!
After a bunch of fart-arsing around I have finally gotten pictures of The House The Internet Built, in which Jimmy the Squid and his friend and I reside.

Our street looks a little like this!
Our house is the blue one with the rusty roof. It is pretty scruffy and ramshackle and what have you but it will do I guess!

Note the big freight containers at the end of the street. This is where the airport starts! When I say we live literally right next to the airport people do not believe me until I show them this.

Okay I do not have a picture of our front door but basically this is what you see when you first step inside!
Can you guess which day I took these pictures?

Right so if you turn to your left you will see the loungeroom. We have a giant motherfucking telly and also these two couches, which both turn into beds like transformers. We can fit four sleeping people on them!

Continue down the hall (past the dudes' bedrooms, which I will not give you a tour of) and you come to the kitchen. (Sorry I was in the middle of cleaning at this stage)

Next to the kitchen (hello Tiger!) is the bathroom, having one of them is pretty handy I guess!

It is a pretty classy bathroom. I don't mind because the shower head is really big and not one of those pasty water saver types. Also we have a bath but I did not think it necessary to put up a picture of it. I might have a bath later.

Oh also out the back we have (duh duh!) a yard! It needs a mow but we don't have a mower.

Oh and a dog. His name is Ruben and he is not particularly smart. There is a picture of him in the photo thread! And we have this sweet back verandah which will be totally awesome for sittin' and boozin' on long summer afternoons.

Anyway turn back around again and I will show you my room. It is finally looking a bit more like home.

Yes, my housemates call me Lunchy.

Okay that is pretty much it!
I hope you enjoyed my tour. Come visit some time!

Ptommydski

I can has corner of the sofa and saucer of tea?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Emaline, it's really annoying and disappointing and kind of hurts when people cancel plans that they had with you. However, it sounds like your friend was in an impossible situation, with two people (yourself and his other friend) asking for his support after having bad days. While etiquette may suggest that he should stick with his original plans, i.e. going out with you, it's important to remember that when he canceled those plans he did so (if I read the situation correctly) in the belief that his other friend needed him more. When you told him that you'd also had a shitty day and needed to unwind, I imagine he found himself in a dilemma: canceling on one friend (you), or canceling on two friends (i.e.: canceling on you, then "uncanceling" with you and canceling instead on his other friend). This might explain why he suddenly started coming up with lame excuses not to go out with you.

So basically, it's shitty when you've planned to go out with friends and suddenly that doesn't happen, but I think the guy was just trying to be as good a friend as he knew how. It was just unfortunate for all concerned that it all kind of blew up in his face on this occasion. I don't think you should take it personally, not just because it probably wasn't intended as an insult, but also because the kind of person who'll drop everything to take care of a friend in need, even if that friend in need isn't (on this occasion) you, is probably the kind of person you want to keep around.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Lunchy can I come and live with you in the summer and turn like half your backyard into maize and tomatoes and peppers?

So basically was I wrong for bitching him out? Should I call him tomorrow and apologize?

Yes. Life is shitty a whole bunch of the time, the other friend didn't expect you to feel down if you were planning to go out on the town. Perhaps some day he'd cancel on someone for you if you felt bad and needed him and he had fun plans.
Getting mad at people does not make them more reliable or punctual, nor does it make future friends more reliable.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Guys, I never got a response from when I texted him last night. Which, I mean, is understandable. He has a really weird sleep schedule, and I don't want to wake him up, so I don't want to call him unless I am pretty sure he is awake, so I sent him a texting asking him to call if he is awake now, or I'll just call him around 4pmish. Should I just give up at this point? I mean, I am pretty doubtful he will answer if I call. Two of my friends think I should just continue to not forgive him for cancelling, and that I did the right thing by ending it, where as two think I should forgive him and pretty much beg for forgiveness for being a bitch. Ugh. This is why I hate forming even the most basic of relationships.

Also, to make my friendships worse, last night I spent most of my night flirting with my friend's boyfriend. Because I am a just fantastically great person. But in my defense, he would start it, and she is the one who told me to send him all those messages hitting on him. When we ended the messages, and I told him that his girlfriend told me to do it, he said "I knew it was too good to be true." WTF? Ugh. Why oh why do I get caught up in these situations? So basically, we all went to the city museum. I kept getting ditched, though everyone knew I was not feeling great, and her boyfriend kept coming to find me. I spent most of my time there with him. And when we'd find her, she act like a child. Which, fuck, is also very understandable. UGH.

Basically, I am a terrible terrible terrible person, and I realize it when the situations are happening, and I don't do anything to stop it. I think I need all new friends. Or just none at all.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

So there's a trojan on my hard drive, and Spysweeper caught it and quarantined it, and as soon as that happened Spybot came up, telling me that the file was attempting to insert a startup entry onto Windows. I denied this, and told it to remember to deny, and so every second the file attempts to imbed itself, and every second spybot thwarts it.

Here's the rub, though - Every time Windows starts up, the file attempts again. If Spybot is running, it's stopped. If Spybot is not running, it isn't. I had to deal with this trojan a few days ago, and at one point I started up Windows, Spybot encountered a fatal error, and Windows abruptly cut to black and the computer restarted. This effect was repeated whenever I turned the computer on. I had to use System Restore to bring Windows back to the point it was at last week.

If this continues, I'm just going to reformat my HD. The lappy's needed it for awhile anyway.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

nobo

I fucking hate when people cancel on me. It is the quickest way to make me your enemy.

If I was in your place I would call him and apologize, but I also wouldn't really expect him to readily accept it. If you told me you're done with me and demand all your stuff back because hanging out with you and making you happy is more important than dealing with a friend in a crisis, then I would seriously reevaluate our friendship. If someone canceling plans with you gets you this worked up, then maybe you have bigger issues that you should look in to.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

So I should be all sunshine and lollipops when someone cancels plans on me? We had plans all week, and he can canceled on me last minute. It is pretty hard for me to get into the city, as I don't drive, so I had to beg some other friend for a ride. It's kind of bullshit that he canceled on me, knowing all of this. And to top it off, I had a shitty day/week/month, and he knew this. One of the reasons we were hanging out was so I could get my necklace back. They aren't selling it at the store I bought it at anymore, and won't be carrying it. Sure, I was pretty shitty in bitching him out, but he was also pretty shitty in canceling on me. I had three panic attacks that day, my debit card got rejected for a $2.00 sale, I had to beg my parents, who hold money higher than me, for some money, I couldn't afford to eat lunch that day, I had to work all day and deal with shitty customers, and he fucking knew all of this.

Sure I was a cunt. I admit it. But it was also pretty shitty of him to cancel. I don't really expect him to forgive me and at this point I don't really care all that much.

So, long story short. I am a bitch. I am in a bitchy mood. And really, honestly, fuck you.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I wish I didn't have to live to fight this day. My body is so sore, and sickly. I feel like craaaaap.

Also, I called him, and it went straight to voicemail. I left a message. I don't expect a call back.
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2008, 15:49 by Emaline »

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!

Hello, blog thread. I just wanted you to know that I went swing dancing last night with a boy from the internet and I had a kickass time. Then I snuck in to the movie theater where my boyfriend (also from the internet, sort of) is the projectionist and we may or may not have done naughty things until closing around 1am. Then we went to Waffle House and I had a blueberry waffle and hot chocolate with cinnamon and then we went home and fell asleep under three blankets. It was so cold outside, it was delicious.

Yesterday was the best day I have had in a long time.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

sex followed by waffle house

america
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

You know you love this country, Johnny. Don't deny it.
Liz is touching me.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I felt like a heel yesterday morning and I don't know if I should. A friend I haven't seen in a couple years visited Chicago this weekend and wanted to meet up. Thing is, she didn't tell me she was visiting until Friday afternoon; by then I had plans to go out of town this weekend. Now I didn't leave until yesterday morning, so we could hang out Friday night. However, she wanted to stay at my place to hang out all night because we haven't seen each other in so long.

I warned her that I'd be leaving at 4 in the morning (and thus kicking her out at 4 in the morning) because it's a loooooong drive to Pittsburgh from here.  Even after that warning, plus a brief conversation where I attempted to convince her to go to her other friend's house that night (last night she crashed with another person up in Evanston,) she still wanted to stay over, so I was like "okay whatever." Well, at 4 yesterday I wake her up because it's time to get up, and she complains that she was hoping to convince me to stay until later and that she had no idea what to do. Well fuck. My fiancee was already outside waiting for me in the car, so after some frantic thinking my friend finally settled on napping on a couch in my building's lobby until it had gotten late enough for her to head up to Evanston to knock on the other person's door.

Should I feel guilty about ditching my friend at 4 in the morning when she had nowhere else to go? I mean really though, talk about being boxed in by another person's flakiness.

ADDITION: Oh and for added frustrating effect, her phone is broken so I couldn't check in on her.
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2008, 18:52 by jhocking »

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Well, you gave her fair warning and even tried to talk her out of staying over because of exactly what happened.

Your friend is kind of dumb.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I was gonna write something, but... fuck it.

I am linking this so I can download it
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

nobo

I agree with Jimmy. Especially if the first thing she says when you wake her up is "i was hoping to convince you to stay later." That was pretty selfish of her.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

I got my marks back for my Health Psychology essay. It was a critical litreture review on behavioural vs pharmacotherapeutic methods of quitting smoking (eg: will power vs gum). I spent about maybe 2 days on actually writing it but I was researching for a good couple of weeks. Honestly I wasn't happy with what I wrote as it didn't seem to be up to my usual standard but I had to hand in something and come the date that it was due I couldn't really think of anything to change.

I got 85% which is a High Distinction (really really really good). Obviously I'm really happy with this, I'm just very irritated because whenever I think I've written something good it's always only just good enough and when I write something that I feel is subpar then I get good marks. It also bothers me because I didn't feel that I put enough time into this and this, admittedly, good mark is only going to reinforce the false belief that I can just coast through on minimal effort.

Also what the hell is wrong with me? I got an HD! That's the best possible result! WHY AM I CRANKY ABOUT IT!!!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Your friend is kind of dumb.

Well I wouldn't say "dumb," more "astonishingly out of touch." Like, she is certainly very talented at digital art (we know each other from grad school) but on the other hand at the restaurant last night I had to explain that the waiter was talking about temperature and not size when he asked if she wanted her burger prepared medium.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Intelligence/Academic/Practical skill and stupidity is not mutually exclusive.

The fact remains that you told her what would happen, gave the opportunity and even encouraged her to take a course of action that would have resulted in her not having to wake up at 4am etc... and then she chose to act like a jerk about it. I don't care if she's Stephen Hawking, I'd call that dumb.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

No, the waiter was offering to bring her a luke-warm burger.

I'd say your friend is not so much stupid, as lacking in basic common sense. Also perhaps a bit empathy-deficient, though sadly that seems to be increasingly common these days.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Don't you mean how she wanted it cooked?

Well yeah. That's what I meant by temperature, how much to cook it. Like, how long to apply heat to the burger. I mean, when it's prepared rare, the meat doesn't get as hot.

Do I seriously need to have this conversation a second time?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

That's nothing. Earlier today I was recounting the time years ago I had to explain to someone why crumple zones in cars improve safety (this was a freshman mechanical engineer who was arguing that a perfectly rigid vehicle would be safer) and my fiancee was somewhat alarmed by how pissed off the memory was making me.

I'm a real stickler for accuracy. Comes from all the programming I do I suppose.
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2008, 20:04 by jhocking »

nobo

a perfectly rigid car would be a tank. a tank is safer than a car.

/professional mechanical engineer

Dude is hardcore.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

aargh not this again too

Safer from bombs, yes. The primary concern with passenger vehicles however is high-speed collisions, and in that case crumple zones absorb some of the impact.

It's not a complicated idea really. Imagine punching a brick wall. Now imagine placing a pillow against the wall and punching that. Crumple zones in cars are kinda like putting a pillow between you and whatever you have run into.

Or for an appeal to external authority, it is highly unlikely that the entirety of the auto industry has for years been going out of their way to put in crumple zones when that actually reduces the safety of the vehicle.

EDIT: Are you trolling me? I really hope there aren't any trolls out there who just realized I'm a great target.

EDIT2: It just dawned on me that this is a subtly disguised political issue, in which case it's no wonder the guy stuck to his guns in the face of contradictory evidence. How you think cars should be designed really comes down to a question of which you consider to be a greater danger to motorists: head-on collisions with drunk drivers or surprise attack by militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades. If I'd realized this at the time, I would've just avoided the discussion.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 05:56 by jhocking »

valley_parade

• coprophage

I had a fun time in Berkley with the internet. Yelley and Jason are rad, and Patrick was an absolute blast. It's too bad that Cathy couldn't make it.

Yelley, you are an absolute dear. I don't know how I could ever pay you back for buying me the Rock Dream 3 LP. <3 Also the hat, I loves it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time

<3shane. don't worry about it for now, but just know that someday i might be calling in that favor....
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Of course Shane had a fun time in Berkeley. We spent a total of 5 hours looking at music-related things. I think we each destroyed about $35k worth of vintage equipment by flooding the store with a neverending torrent of our drool.

Highlights:
- A guy wasn't looking and started crossing the street. He nearly got hit by a Mercedes, which he proceeded to punch the fuck out of as it passed.
- Shane, you really should believe me when I tell you I'm going to hit on your hot cousin.
- Holy shit I love my new hat. Gorgeous brown Stetson fedora with a chevron weave pattern.
- College towns are chock full of insanely attractive girls. Berkeley is by no means an exception.
- It's impossible to eat a square foot of chicken. Not even kidding about the size, either. I don't think I like Applebee's anymore.
- HOLY SHITBALLS that girl was hot in that aviator cap.

Buzzkills:
- You know, if it really came down to it, we could probably give Cathy an hourly wage to hang out with us, but it's not nearly as much as the one her job gives her.
- You really can't take Berkeley girls home with you, especially if you're intent on maintaining a long-distance relationship. But god damn she was cute in that aviator cap.

Yeah today was pretty awesome. Next time we're just going to have to pester Cathy harder.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

RE: Meat Temperature discussion

The temperature inside the meat. Chances are no matter what level on doneness someone wants, the meat will be cooked at the same temperature, just for different lengths of time.

valley_parade

• coprophage

You guys went to Applebees? Was it full of drunk Raiders fans? We went to some steakhouse near the hotel and there were two or three groups that were flat-out harassing our table because the baseball game was on and we were rooting for Boston.

I'm adding a second thing to my time machine list, Patrick. I'd go back to yesterday and ASK THAT GIRL OUT CHRIST SHE WAS CUTE. Even without the aviator hat. Though I so would've made her wear it to dinner.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

That is because Oakland fans are trash, Shane. Ask Chad or Bryan, neither one can particularly stand the goons. They're mostly just pissy because they're stuck with a AAA 1/2 team and a football team run by George Steinbrenner if George Steinbrenner lost most of his money.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time

You guys went to Applebees? Was it full of drunk Raiders fans? We went to some steakhouse near the hotel and there were two or three groups that were flat-out harassing our table because the baseball game was on and we were rooting for Boston.

we tried to go to other places, but they were both closed. he really did get a square foot of chicken though... i didn't even know that chicken portions could be measured in square feet....
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Barmymoo

• Mentat

That's... that's a big chicken  :-o

Blog Thread I am all kinds of ill today. Also I had to carry home the biggest dictionary I have ever had the misfortune to require. It was a beast! It weighs more than both my kittens put together! Kittens are a unit of measurement!

Also, this morning I got ready in twenty minutes flat. That's twenty minutes to shower, wash hair, dress, feed the cats, wake my mum, feed the dog, have breakfast, clean teeth, put make up on and get stuff ready. I was impressed.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 12:27 by Barmymoo »
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Thaes

• Furry furrier

Dear Bloggy,

I had an exam on logic today. It was disappointingly easy. You´d think the exams are harder in the university, but no. Or then it was just the exception to the rule.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I've missed my History of Colonialism class for the last two weeks now. I was sick originally, then I spent a few nights at my girlfriends and just...overslept. Every day. I was, er, tired.

Today I find out that I have a 15 page paper due....today. In about 4 hours. This is totally my own fault, but sonofabitch. Should I just bullshit my way through it and write a terrible, shitty paper but have something to turn in, or wait a day or two, and write a good, detailed, high-quality one that will be docked two letter grades automatically?

why the hell am I on the internet, I should be writing.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Damnit, i hate housemates! I need to go to take a leak, but the bathroom is occupied!

*GRMBL*
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Dimmukane

• juicer

Ow guys I really hurt my neck ah fuck.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

So our theater department recently put on the show Dearly Departed. A big deal in of itself, but something great happened. If you dig back into the history of my posts, you will find a love letter dedicated to a girl named Raven. I moved back to where we both lived. She likes theater. So as I sell tickets, I look up and see her, and she almost yells my name, like she's overjoyed. We've been hanging out lately, but I have no idea how it'll wind up. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 13:24 by Scrambled Egg Machine »
Not so sure about these things anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 82   Go Up