THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 07:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765558 times)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Jens I like excellent Christmas presents.

:-D
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I bought American Gods (By Neil Gaiman).

This is a really good book.

Yes.

Dear Blog Thread,

As if things didn't suck enough, a list.

1. Two of my kids(I have 7 younger siblings. Yes. I know. Too many kids. hahah lets all make jokes about how my parents obviously don't know what causes that problem because I haven't heard them all before already. Seriously. It's annoying, Don't do it.) have lice. Including the one who was in the hospital, which is where we think she got it, because she hasn't been back to school except for one day since then.

2. My job situation isn't getting any better. I am just getting more and more frustrated with the way I am treated, and it's bullshit, and I hate it, and basically, I don't mind working for the company. It's just one person that I don't particularly care for. Ugh.

3. I was supposed to get paid on Friday. My check typically comes on Thursday. It still hasn't arrived. I was supposed to buy Christmas gifts for another family this past weekend. It's some silly thing that I signed up to do because I like buying gifts for people, and its silly, and this was a whole family and they had kids, and I was all excited about buying them presents and wrapping them even though I wouldn't be there to see them open them, and yes I am very silly when it comes to these things. Anyway, I was supposed to go out this weekend to buy them stuff, but my check is still not here.

4. My debit card still doesn't work.Still. Even though I have $84 in my bank account, it got rejected for a $2 sale on Saturday. It still doesn't fucking work. asdjf;sdkjf;lksdjf;adlsjf

5. I have been off work since 2pm Saturday. I don't go back until Wednesday. I was excited for this break because of the previous mentioned problems, and was originally planning(well, after the lack of getting paid debacle) on playing Fable 2 all weekend. This plan would have worked amazingly if my 360 didn't die on Sunday. It overheated according to the lights. I let it sit over night, and nothing. It is dead. I have to send it away. It will cost more money that I shouldn't spend, and will take time I don't have. Basically, I am thinking of buying an arcade, and sending this one off so I can just keep playing Fable. More money I don't have and don't need to spend.

6. My parents are signing papers to move on Wednesday. They are moving. So are my siblings. I am not. I have nowhere to live. They plan on being out of here by January. We have a lease with this place until July. I can't afford this place. None of my friends are looking for places to move. My dad has two people who want to move it, but I notoriously do not get along with most people my father likes. I am fucked.

7. (this is a small complaint, and basically isn't as worrisome as the others)A guy has been hitting on me lately, and upon finding out about my dead 360, said he'd let me use his, if I let him come over. When I said "Sure! But it'd be pretty boring for you. You'd basically sit on my sofa and watch me play Fable for hours," he basically responded by saying that he would grope me while I played. When I acted like I had no idea what he was saying and rejected him, he then said I'd have to do something for him in exchange for letting me use his 360. Even then I tried to deflect his creepy advances by saying "I'll let you be drummer for two songs on Rock band!" He didn't get it. This is the first time he has made any real advances towards me. Mostly he just whines at me, and I whine at him. It was a pretty good situation, until he had to get all sexual at me. Also, he said that if I did let him come over, he wouldn't rape me. wtf. Why can't I meet any decent guys?

8. My parents are having another kid. We need a emoticon that hits itself over the head with a hammer repeatedly.

Because of all these wonderful happenings, I told my friend that I am going to run away, and become a bum artist. His response was "Don't be a bum in the winter." He also thinks I should just join a commune, and get the fuck away from my family, and this fucking town.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I never hung out with that girl. Ker-sigh.

Fuckin' told you, dude, move to Berkeley and seek out Aviator Cap Girl. God dude, you never believe me. First time was when I told you I was going to hit on your cousin. You didn't believe me then either. YOU'VE REALLY GOTTA START TRUSTING ME IF THIS RELATIONSHIP IS GOING TO WORK OUT, SHANE!

Dear Blog Thread,

Scandinavian Airlines gave me the second worst traveling experience I've ever had. They decided to have dickish employees who didn't give a flying fuck whether I got the information I needed or not, and that was both in Seattle and Copenhagen, the two places I dealt with them. I stood in line for 45 fucking minutes and I was only the 7th person in line. And there were no queuejumpers either, so that wasn't the problem, they were just being super shitty and bureaucratic about getting shit done. I wound up getting to the gate with only 15 minutes until boarding door sealup time.

And since we booked and altered all my tickets through Scandinavian Airlines, of course they forgot to inform me that I also had a ticket change fee with Austrian Airlines. So when I went to get my boarding pass in Vienna like I was told to, I wound up having to pay 135 Euros that I really didn't feel like paying.

At least the girl at Austrian Airlines was nice. She decided to get all flirty, which was cool I guess, but it made me feel really guilty. My girlfriend doesn't care if other girls flirt with me, she knows I don't mean anything by it (she had to come on to me, she knows exactly how timid and harmless I am), but I just feel really shitty anyway and there's no changing it.

Anyway, I am still exhausted despite having 16 hours of sleep. That much sleep is excessive, I know, but it still doesn't make up for 30 hours of stressful travel AND a preflight packing all-nighter. And I really want to cry because this 10-hour time difference between Tara and me is kicking my ass even harder than I expected.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

Emaline, that is a Bum Rap.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

tuna ketchup x

Let me guess, Emaline: child-free?

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Emaline, you just can't catch a break, can you?  :|
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

I bought an excellent Christmas present, though I am not sure who is getting it (and I can't say what it is because of certain people on the forum who may or may not be subject to the present-receiving in question).

:angel:
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

valley_parade

• coprophage

Yeah eff you Patrick. I'll make the most out of this. I'm not moving out west just to seek out a girl I've not even had a date with.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

No, I don't ever want to have kids. Sadly, one of the guys I super crush on(the friend mentioned in my post. The one who said I should join a commune) has a kid. His kid is ultra adorable though.

And me and him will never be more than friends. We tried at the before, six months after his split from his wife. It didn't work out so well, so now we are just friends. I am actualy pretty content with that.

(Except when he is being all adorable and I have to kiss him)
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page

Hot Bread,

Today actually turned out pretty ok, considering. I took the day off work because I pretty much figured all the running round I did lastnight would have to be done again today only with less chaos and more planning, but since my mother decided that if I wasn't going to work, then she didn't have to sit in the house waiting for a heating engineer to come and fix our boiler FOR THE SEVENTH TIME IN TWO MONTHS so I was kinda locked indoors all day.

I spoke to my friend and he is all hell kinds of confused since he doesn't even know why he did what he did, and I am kind of trying to be supportive in like, helping him understand it and try to calm down enough that he can think straight instead of being all Lady Macbeth on me, but 95% of me is wanting to go around and punch him right in the face because god damn it he has jumped over the edge of everything that is supposed to be part of his moral core. I spoke to his ex as well and now she is just constantly saying 'I don't understand why' which I suppose might be an improvement on her constantly saying 'We weren't even arguing' like she was lastnight. I imagine the full force of things hasn't hit her yet so that will probably come around in a couple of days. Apparently her friends are trying to push her to press charges though she doesn't want to. So far my friend has just been cautioned since it is his first offence and wholly out of character.

My friend is looking at therapy. He has a doctors appointment on Wednesday. I'm happy he's being somewhat active in establishing he probably has a problem he needs to work on rather than sitting about going 'WRRRRY' and just beating his head against the wall. This will, of course, be largely irrelevant if his ex's friends convince charges to go through. It seems like he really did maybe try to kill her in some kind of Hulk rage so he could be looking at attempted manslaughter, that doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

BUT OTHERWISE I got to wrap the super awesome Xmas present I bought for a bangin' chick I know, and even though I made a mess of it I had fun especially since my dog was all kinds of "woo presents let's open them" every time I got close to sticking the wrapping paper together. I played a lot more Fable 2 and generally just had a fairly relaxing day off apart from a few hours where there were heated conversations and in depth discussions about depressing stuff.

The only real downside is that the heating engineer didn't come, so we've been without heat since Saturday now, and it is getting pretty damn cold, yo. Also I can't shower... not that I mind cold showers but damn the water is like ice right now. So I'll be going into work looking like crap, unshaved with terrible hair and probably tired since my sleep recently has been disturbed at best, without all this other stuff going on.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Not having heat in winter is better than not having air conditioning in summer, in my opinion. I mean, at least without heat, you can sleep in sweaters and stuff. In the summer you are just fucked. There are only so many layers you can remove.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Hate, rain on me

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page

Sometimes even naked is not enough to get cool.

So yes, I agree. My only real problem is I'm prone to pretty intense nightmares if I get cold, so my generally disturbed sleep pattern will be even worse until the boiler gets fixed. I might try sleeping with extra duvets tonight so I can maybe be semi-rested before work but I usually end up feeling crushed under the weight so I can't have them anyway.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Dear blog thread,

Confusing hardware related rant that might belong in the computer section, but has taken up a lot of my day, and apparently makes no sense to my computer-savvy friends anyways:
I fucking hate my external hard drives at the moment! They are driving me insane. I have 3 of them, two of which are identical (Disk 1 and 2) and one (Disk 3) is older and from a different brand. For about a year and a half now, I've had Disk 2 and Disk 3 (plus an external DVD burner, but that doesn't matter) daisy-chained via FireWire, connected to my MacBook, with no problems what so ever. Today I decided that maybe I should connect Disk 1. Issues!

Disk 1 alone causes no problems. Disk 1 and disk 2 work just fine. Disk 1 and disk 3 work just fine. Disk 2 and 3 work just fine (as proven by the previous use). Disk 1 + Disk 2 + Disk 3 = HELL. They work for everything from 10 seconds to 3-4 hours, when all of a sudden, my Mac tells me that a disk was disconnected without being unmounted, and disk 1 and 2 disappear. Sometimes they crash Finder and Disk Utility as well. Why, oh, why? It is frustrating as hell.

In other news; I am now 22 pounds lighter than I was at my heaviest! It is awesome, even though I don't really see a difference. My pants and hoodies are looser, though, so I guess there is a slight difference, I just can't see it. Which brings up a problem; clothes while losing weight. I don't know what the hell I wore when I gained weight, because nothing I have fits me properly at the moment, and I don't want to spent money on clothes that'll hopefully be too big in a while, because I'm not even halfway there yet :/ Wearing sweatpants for months on end doesn't strike me as the best idea either.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2008, 16:17 by Ladybug »

sean

• welp

Okay blog thread a dilemma.

Do I get an X-Box 360 so I can play Fallout and Fable or do I get a record player so I can listen to my awesome vinyls? I can't decide!

(Also Emaline I really hope things get better for you eventually!)
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

360. You'll still be able to listen to music before you get the record player!
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Ăśde

Get a 360 and then get a record player in a month, they're not that expensive.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung

I spent this weekend participating in a decathlon of manly events. now i'm still sore and dreading going to work tomorrow :-/
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

allison

• i really want a mustache

Emaline I'm sorry about your situation!
Objects, get the 360. I heard it has better graphics.

Bluggg,

I went to a show this weekend and met some boys (let's call them Tom and Wojtek) who asked for my number! Only, they are good friends with eachother (I did not know this prior to giving out said number). I ended up gettin' with Tom (sort of)...which Wojtek doesn't know, but he very much likes me and won't stop calling. I met him on Saturday and it is now Monday, since then I have received 10 text messages and 4 phone calls. I am every variety of not interested.

The thing is I am not good at letting guys down easy - I tend to avoid confrontation and as such end up leading them on. Advise me, oh wise ones.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Say "I'm just not interested in you".
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

No, no! Say "I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now. Maybe I just haven't met the right guy . . ."

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Just leave a box of Valtrex layin' around.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Dream journal:

1Upon his arrival into the dream, Jordan did sit at the throne of porcelain. 2 Surrounding him were the multitudes of his peers who were doing the same, in full openness. 3 Jordan did so and was ashamed. His shame caused him to be derided. 4 As he left this place, he came upon a famed, deceased joker. 5 In his old place of learning, he did attempt to converse with the fool, but his celebrity blinded him to Jordan's calls. 6 Jordan then rose up upon the bosom of a woman he declared his chariot, and grasped the reins another, whom he declared his horse. 7 They rode through those esteemed halls until they found the exit, and left into the cold night. 8 It was then that Jordan spied the moon, waning into a crescent. 9 However, next to this moon was a second moon waxing into fullness. 10 Jordan was enlightened that he was in fact dreaming. 11 He tested this and called upon the joker once more, who appeared at his side. 12 He asked him, "Am I asleep?"; the joker nodded in return.

2 At this, Jordan's dream did shift. 2 He found himself in a room, on a bed. 3 Next to him was a being, unclothed and bare, chained into a box, which was slowly being closed. 4 The being was neither man nor woman, but had the shape of both. 5 He named the being Ozymandias. 6 It wailed at him for mercy. 7 It spat curses at him and begged to not be locked away, as it had been gravely wounded. 8 Lesions covered it from head to toe. 9 Jordan felt sorry for it and could not bear to shut the box. 10 He embraced the being and held it close to him. 11 It whispered vulgarities to him as the dream dissolved into a slideshow of the past. 12 He awoke.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 08:10 by Ozymandias »
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

You are my new favourite person. Although, I must assure, this will most likely change when Roddy posts in the writing thread again.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

The third test starts tomorrow. That is all that's been getting me through the week, as dismal as the second was.

[edit]Oh and it looks like channel 10's going to be setting up a 24hr sports channel. They own the rights to show the IPL, as well as Major League baseball and the NBA. Unfortunately it looks like the Super 14's is still stuck on Foxtel and the NFL looks to remain unavailable in general.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 00:00 by McTaggart »
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

We are basically never going to see comprehensive free-to-air Super 14 coverage. Even if rugby wasn't a niche sport in Australia, the fact remains that the whole thing, or at least the Australian end of it, was set up with News Ltd. money specifically to show be shown on Fox Sports.

Try following it in Melbourne. You're lucky if you can find a pub that's showing it; if that pub also has the sound turned up and is free from other distractions for the duration of the match, it's time to start pinching yourself.

EDIT: Oh, blog. Girl I Currently Fancy™ has just moved to a new house a few blocks from mine. I bumped into her on the tram today! Awesome.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 00:09 by Inlander »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I'm not moving out west just to seek out a girl I've not even had a date with.

Don't be a pussy.

Dear Blog Thread,

My wireless card is a piece of shit and has decided that it wants to cut out every 5 fucking minutes. I tried updating drivers, no dice. The only other thing I can think of to do is go to the store and get a new one and stomp on this little fucker.

Also, my mother thinks she knows how to get into the music business better than I do. She may have worked at the Grand Ole Opry as a younger lass, but she forgets the part where the job was nothing more than driving the parking lot shuttle. Hardly fucking counts as "the music business".

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

She's still doing better than you WINKING SMILEY

It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

valley_parade

• coprophage

The third test starts tomorrow. That is all that's been getting me through the week, as dismal as the second was.

[edit]Oh and it looks like channel 10's going to be setting up a 24hr sports channel. They own the rights to show the IPL, as well as Major League baseball and the NBA. Unfortunately it looks like the Super 14's is still stuck on Foxtel and the NFL looks to remain unavailable in general.

HURRAH YOU GUYS GET BASEBALL!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Guuuuuuys I'm really cold today. I was really cold yesterday too but that is because I spent the entire afternoon out of doors in a spaghetti strap top and a shirt and jeans, and it was barely above freezing. I took the dog for a "short" walk and got very lost; we ended up taking three hours to get home. Arrived just in time to get changed before The Girl arrived.

Mehh blahh blalhh I don't know what's happening there, she seems like she maybe kind of regrets getting into this now and I don't knowwwww. I really like her and I want to try make it work out, but it won't actually work if she isn't into the idea as well. Especially when I don't have a car so she'd have to drive over to see me. Guys am I being majorly paranoid? She's at work at the moment but we're going to talk about it later (on MSN oh dear god) or as she put it "chat about last night now that we've slept on it". Or perhaps she doesn't know how I feel about her, or something. I am not going to stress over this. I have been managing perfectly fine on my own for nearly two years and I do not need a girlfriend in order to survive.

RIGHT time to take the dog out again and hopefully get less lost than yesterday. I will dress warmly this time.

Oh and Ladybug, I know how you feel, all my clothes are either hanging off me or way too small because my weight fluctuates wildly and I can't afford new clothes all the time. Invest in a good belt or two and don't buy new stuff until you know you're going to stay that size, it's much cheaper. Baggier clothes are more useful anyway, they keep you warm and can be layered. Nice one for losing 22 pounds :-) I have no idea how much that is in terms of people but it's about four new born babies so it must be quite a lot. (That sounded way less weird in my head but I can't think of a better way to put it so never mind.)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

I think it's more like 3 newborn babies, but wow, I hadn't thought of it like that before. Makes it seem like a lot more than it feels like! Also, I guess you're right about the clothes. It would also mean that I can save money that I maybe would've had to spend on clothes now and instead spend more when I get to my goal weight, which would be awesome.

I would put some advice on your girl-situation here, if I actually had something of value to contribute. Which I don't, because my love life is nonexistent. But, uhm, I hope it works out for you.

backstagebetty

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • mmmmhmm

Dear Blog Thread:

I was up pretty much all night last night. First with a nasty toothache and then with the worst stomach ache ever. I took some Advil for the toothache and then my stomach went in knots. It was awful. I actually cried. My boyfriend got up with me. I told him to go back to bed and he said, "I can't sleep anyway. Couldn't sleep last night, either." These are the two nights that I have been living with him so far. He says it's weird. I ask what. He says, "Us. This bed in this room." I know it's not personal, but I don't really like that my boyfriend can't sleep because it's weird that I moved in. I slept like a baby on the first night.  :|

Now, I'm at work. My stomach still doesn't feel great and I am so tired. I checked out the independent coffee place around the corner from my new apartment this morning. This parking is iffy. They have no lot, so I had to parallel on the hill next to it. I backed in with the wheel cranked to the right. I hit the brakes. I cranked the wheel to the left. I took my foot off the brake. Car rolls forward in reverse. Foot on brake, foot off brake, car rolls forward (x3). I put the car in park and then back into reverse. Then I can go backward. This is all after I warmed the car up for ten minutes. I know my transmission is slipping. I already knew it was about to. I can afford a new car. I just need to get one. I'm sick of crap like that. And I'm sick of German engineering.  :x
Quote from: Something Witty on Gabbly
Who is backstagebetty? A slut. But who?

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I think some people sleep better than others with someone else in the bed. I find it really hard to share a room, never mind a bed, for the first couple of nights. Even a cat in the room keeps me awake for a while. So don't worry, it should sort itself out in a few days. And if it doesn't, it doesn't mean there's something up with your relationship. My grandparents have to have separate beds because they keep each other awake.

I took the dog for another walk and this time we came out of the woods in a completely new place. I've walked through those woods at least a dozen times and every single time we've arrived in a radically different place. It's like a portal!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

backstagebetty

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • mmmmhmm

Well, for the last year, he's been spending the night at my place every Friday and Saturday, so it's not the first time we've shared a bed. He just has sleep problems anyway. I really hope we never have to have separate beds. That would make me sad.

I'm personally doing a tiny bit of mourning over not being able to sleep alone anymore... ever. I like to sleep alone, but sharing a bed comes with the territory and I am happy. I think we just need to get in the groove and everything will be alright.
Quote from: Something Witty on Gabbly
Who is backstagebetty? A slut. But who?

Lines

• Awakened

Not having heat in winter is better than not having air conditioning in summer, in my opinion. I mean, at least without heat, you can sleep in sweaters and stuff. In the summer you are just fucked. There are only so many layers you can remove.

I would rather have no AC than no heat. Last winter we went without heat for about 2 weeks because our furnace creeped out and no how many layers we wore, both my mom and I froze our asses off without heat. Compared to having no AC, I would sooooo rather have heat.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage

Seconded. We couldn't afford heating oil for a month and a half. That was a cold, cold house.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I have posted in here way too much today.

I was right. The Girl is regretting coming over last night, and things will not work out between us apparently. I'm not wholly clear on why but I don't think I really want to carry on talking to her about it. MSN is the shittest way to talk about important things.

So. Yeah.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Guys, I have no heating. I know how it is. I can't really remember the last time I lived in a place with heating. Well, I guess when I lived in Cleveland. Our apartment had heating, but our landlord was a jerk and didn't turn it on until well after the snow came and went. I went to bed in a a t-shirt and two sweaters last night. I take baths with a space heater in my bathroom with me(which is incredibly unsafe). Not having heating is not terrible.

Anyway, my check still hasn't come. I called my work. I am considering calling and quitting. There is a chain craft store here. Do you think they'd hire my with my facial piercings and my tattoos?

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Not having heating is not terrible.

This is borderline ludicrous. It is much easier to survive without air conditioning than it is without heating, particularly in a temperate climate. Unless you're living in the tropics, efficient heating is more important than air conditioning.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Yeah, in extreme situations, then obviously things are going to change. I live in Illinois. It sucks not having either, but I'd rather go without a/c than heat. With not having heat, I can just throw on an extra blanket, or another shirt, add an extra layer, or snuggle up with someone nice, or eat some soup. In the summer time, all I can do is strip. Eventually, there are no more layers to remove.

benji

Barmymoo, that's too bad about the girl. Also, I agree that MSN is a terrible way of talking about such things.

RE: hot and cold: I think both are pretty survivable, but on the whole, I would choose to go without AC. In fact, I do go without AC, though I have a house fan that works very well when used properly. I kind of enjoy being cold for short periods, but I get kind of frustrated when there's nowhere I can go to be warm.

There is a chain craft store here. Do you think they'd hire my with my facial piercings and my tattoos?

You could always try. I would cover up as many of the tattoos as possible, and maybe take out any piercings that are noticeable and that won't cause problems to take out. If they offer you the job, you can ask about piercings and showing tattoos. If the rules are unacceptable, you can always turn them down. You probably shouldn't quit your current job until you've got another one lined up though.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

dear blog thread,

i have come to the conclusion that i absolutely cannot stand living with girls, even nice girls that let me eat their food and invite me to go places with them.  they don't go to bed until 3 or 4 in the fucking morning which is srsly fucking with my sleeping pattern and making me miss even more class than i already do and oh fuck that cannot lead to anything good. yes i have spoken to them about it a couple of times, and they end up apologizing a whole lot but then nothing changes so i just give up on the idea of going to bed at a reasonable hour and end up doing...not much, really.  i can't see my closest friends because they don't live in my city and i don't have the time or money to be travelling to see them all the time.  i feel really isolated sometimes.  :cry:  i have no problem going out on my own and socializing with strangers but at the moment,  i want people i already know and like to be a bit closer to me kthx.  well, one person in particular.

also, for some reason that has nothing to do with lingering feelings i can't break up with my boyfriend even though i am not happy with the relationship and think it's pretty much beyond repair at this point. ughhhh i am supposed to be seeing him tonight and i'm not looking forward to it at all.   :| would it be mean and horrible of me to just tell him to go home and leave me alone? if i say that he is going to get all stupid and whiny and ohhhhh but i neeeeed to talk to youuuuu this is importaaaaant. dude fuck off.  you NEVER have anything important or interesting to say.  
that's like, kind of a big deal to me. RELATIONSHIPS AREN'T JUST ABOUT CUDDLING AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES TOGETHER.

feeling tense,
anna

emailne, i don't see it being a problem, but yeah like benji said, don't quit your old job yet no matter how much you may hate it.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 14:03 by 20 jazz funk greats »
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

20 jazz funk greats-

I can't live with other people either.  I had similar problems with people being loud and partying when I came home after working all day during college.  I just like living by myself and not dealing with other peoples crap all the time.

- I barely heat my apartment in the fall/winter.  I usually only heat my bedroom a bit.  50 degrees is fine.

You can always put on a sweater and extra blankets.  Summer without AC just plain sucks and I could not exist in my apartment.

I just helped a woman find information about her super rare lung disease brought on by smoking.  There was NOTHING out there.  It's just a really rare disease that smokers get and there is really nothing much that can be done other than certain steroids or a full lung transplant.   Less than 5 years left according to everyone.  I had to use the Physicians Guide to Rare Diseases just to get a proper spelling  of the name.

Don't smoke tobacco people.  It's not worth it.  All these crappy no-smoking ads seemed to make people forget that there are horrible ways to die that ONLY happen to smokers.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Anna prolonging a relationship you're not into is never really good for either party. Well, that's a lie, sometimes it's good for the other person in the short term, but if you're really not into and think so consistently, drop that shit. If there is no interesting or stimulating conversation, it should probably be over.

Em, isn't that illegal to not be heated this time of year? Don't you have a rental board to go to or something?
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 15:43 by Slick »

ummmkay

• Curry sauce

dear internet,

my housemates and i are too poor/stubborn to turn the heat on and our refrigerator is broken and also we have some weird electrical problems. so that's just dandy. school is also kind of kicking my ass right now.

but in other news, i got my nose pierced last friday and i like it lots! also fall break is coming up next week and it will be nice to have a couple days off for the first time all semester.

shiveringly yours,
beth

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I just went walking the dogs.  Snow? in southern England in October?  I need to find my gloves!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

Anna prolonging a relationship you're not into is never really good for either party. Well, that's a lie, sometimes it's good for the other person in the short term, but if you're really not into and think so consistently, drop that shit. If there is no interesting or stimulating conversation, it should probably be over.

it does seem to be good for him, because he considers me a positive influence in his life.
however the same can't be said for MY life.

i have tried to break it off countless times and yet we end up back together eventually. i think i'm doing it wrong.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Well, would you rather be alone than be with him? If so, steel your resolve and dump him for good. Don't feel bad for him, don't stick with him to just avoid being alone, don't stick with him because he's familiar or comfortable.
If no, accept your life.

Alternatively,

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Em, isn't that illegal to not be heated this time of year? Don't you have a rental board to go to or something?

James, I think it only illegal in certain places. I know it is illegal in the city, but I don't think it's illegal here. Either way, I live with my parents, and the lease is in their name and they refuse to do anything about anything involving the landlord.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 82   Go Up