THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 May 2024, 10:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 768215 times)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

I just went walking the dogs.  Snow? in southern England in October?  I need to find my gloves!

What is up with that?

And Edinburgh still... nothing (I'm pretty sure I made this point last year as well). I need more snow in my life.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

The fact that it's snowing both in Australia and England at the same time weirds me out.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i love my job. i get to proofread and edit things that my boss writes and he really sucks at spelling and grammar so being his human spell-checker is usually the highlight of my day because it's funny as hell.*

for example: today he was trying to say something about obstacle courses but wrote "obstacle coarse's" instead.
sometimes it gets pretty ridiculous.

*yes, i realize the irony of this sentence
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Why don't people understand that you're not supposed to take liquid nitrogen into the goddamn lifts*? Do they want to die?

Fucksake. He was wearing a bum-bag*, too.

*I think Americans call them elevators and fanny packs, respectively.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Was he carrying the liquid nitrogen in his bum-bag?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Thought: it took me far too long to realize that Jeph had failed to include the < /i > tag and that Doomsayer's album wasn't actually called "Holiday is like all of the loud parts Godspeed You Black Emperor! wrote crammed together into one incredibly dense album. The closing-track denouement is the best I've heard since that last Efterklang album." in his comments by today's comic.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 19:33 by Slick »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Was he carrying the liquid nitrogen in his bum-bag?

No. Although, this would have taught him a valuable lesson regarding fashion and thermodynamics before the nitrogen asphyxiated him.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

i have come to the conclusion that i absolutely cannot stand living with girls, even nice girls that let me eat their food and invite me to go places with them.

This is the most true statement ever. I will never, ever live with more than one girl again. They are nuts. My roommate now is a dude and it is a lovely arrangement.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

Don't feel bad for him, don't stick with him to just avoid being alone, don't stick with him because he's familiar or comfortable.

it's a bit hard not to feel bad for someone who is practically suicidal over this.
but i'm trying.

hey now that i'm single wanna get together sometime? jk jk. i have no problem with being alone for a while. i think i need that.

and liz, i wish i could live with one of my guy friends. i'm jealous
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Dear Blog thread,

I'm invited to a Halloween party my friend is throwing. It's the perfect moment since it's the last day of this term (school-wise) and it'll help me be more relaxed and less upset about other things (i.e. best friend turns into "girlfriend" and then says we have too much in common and a week later she's going out with this other boy, which lead me to be a little jealous and also sad because she doesn't talk to me much since then.)

Thank you for "listening" to me whining about my life,

Anthony
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Like, Anna, if he's that bad about it, tell him how remarkably unimportant you are and how happenstantial your relationship is/was and how it could have been anyone and in fact he's just projecting his needs and insecurities on to you because you're there and were agreeable for a time.

What's the deal with the liquid nitrogen? It'll evaporate and there's no air circulation and you'll suffocate?

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Pretty much, yeah. It's only an issue in small spaces with poor ventilation, and then it depends also on the volume you have. I wouldn't have gotten so worked up about it, except for the fact that the guy could've died, he knew what he was doing was wrong, and then he bloody-well argued with me about it. Also, I was in the lift at the time. And he was wearing a bum-bag.

Anyway, rant over!

Inlander

• coprophage

i have come to the conclusion that i absolutely cannot stand living with girls, even nice girls that let me eat their food and invite me to go places with them.

This is the most true statement ever. I will never, ever live with more than one girl again. They are nuts. My roommate now is a dude and it is a lovely arrangement.

I don't know if it's so much an issue of living with girls (or with boys), as it is an issue of living in a single-gender house. My two basic guidelines for sharehouse living:

1) Have at least three people (actually, precisely three is optimal as far as I'm concerned, but definitely more than two is ideal);
2) Have at least one person of each gender.

Also:

3) Never ever ever get romantically or sexually involved with a housemate

but that's another issue altogether.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

This is the most true statement ever

ahahahahah

(get me out of here.)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

for some reason that has nothing to do with lingering feelings i can't break up with my boyfriend even though i am not happy with the relationship and think it's pretty much beyond repair at this point.

What you need to do is cheat on him and make sure he finds out. If necessary, leave a polaroid "accidentally" lying around of you with another guy's dick in your mouth.

Do not worry about drama. There is absolutely no chance of this plan backfiring in any way.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 20:10 by jhocking »

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

classy.
i said i wanted to leave him, not make him hate me forever. 

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I find the idea of someone looking at a packet of paper that covers everything I've done for the last three and a half years utterly terrifying.

Trust me, all the scrutiny on faculty makes applying to study look easy.

I don't know if it's so much an issue of living with girls (or with boys), as it is an issue of living in a single-gender house. My two basic guidelines for sharehouse living:

1) Have at least three people (actually, precisely three is optimal as far as I'm concerned, but definitely more than two is ideal);
2) Have at least one person of each gender.

See now I would tend to say good/bad roommate situations have little to do with either gender or number. The main thing is do not live with a crazy harpy who is hiding her true nature by having a parrot for a familiar instead of a crow.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 20:22 by jhocking »

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

Anna, I am ashamed that you have apparently lost your entrepreneurial spirit.

tommy, i think you have me confused with someone else. i am way too unmotivated to be an entrepreneur!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Start to charge him money for the time you spend together.

Wait, were you lying before?

Dude, she charges like woah.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

i have no idea what that was about, honestly.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

not really.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh, you guys.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

i love this conversation so much.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

okay i will tell you, but you're going to have to pay up first.

hahah.

Inlander

• coprophage

Before we leave this topic entirely, I'm reminded for some reason of a story entitled "Charging", from Dan Rhodes' collection of one-page stories, Anthropology:

My girlfriend started charging me for sex. She said she had to think of her future, and anyway her friends did it so why shouldn't she? I didn't mind too much because her basic rates were very reasonable, although she always expected tips for extras. Once, as she was holding the banknotes I'd given her up to the light to make sure they were real, I asked her if she ever went with anyone else for money. She was furious, and asked what kind of girl I thought she was. I said one with laughing eyes, and lovely long dark hair.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

Moving swiftly on - Roll next person talking about how much they want to kill themselves please!

Actually I feel pretty good, though I kind of wish I had a job.  Sure, unemployment is enjoyable, but I'm concerned I won't have any money to spend on people come Christmas.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

You should craft them things with your hands and love.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Yeah, make them something. When I had money, I bought a bunch of yarns. I plan on knitting things for people. And baking. Because I will be broke, and I know it.

That is if I am still in town. I may have ran away to Chicago by then.

Also, I asked friend who told me to move to a commune to a Nine Inch Nails show. Tickets will be cheap, 22.50 per person, and its at a smaller venue. And he wouldn't have to drive. He doesn't like to drive, or spend too much money. Basically, if this works out I will be elated. If this works out, then I will not absolutely hate everything in my life. I am really hoping and begging and praying that it will.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!

I get really wordy at 2am.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work

I just had awesome sex.

Fuck you, sad ass whiny ass blog thread.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

The last time I had sex it was a few hours after a threesome. It was alright. This was mostly due to my muscles being all sore from earlier.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Fuck you guys who have sex. Last time I had sex I was with a girl who didn't even enjoy it and that meant I didn't enjoy it, and then I got bored because she wouldn't move around, so I went and played playstation, it was a lot more sexually gratifying than her.

I just masturbated to a threesome. I've been sore for the past few days, so I don't even wanna hear it. And not sore from masturbation either.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

And that was your daily TMI! Thanks for playing, everyone!

(sex is nice and all, but I don't want to hear about your mastubationary habits, people. That's going just a little too far.)
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Metope

I was just about to say so.

Anyways. Dear too much information blog thread,

I'm eating oatmeal and preparing myself mentally for a challenging day (which wouldn't necessarily be challenging if I ever slept more than 4-5 hours each night), what are you up to?

Love,
Kris

EDIT: Ok, so this is really weird. I just pulled the curtains aside, and... what the fuck? Snow? Not just a little either, it's covering the ground, road, trees, everything, and it keeps on coming. It's only October!
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2008, 01:25 by Metope »
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

Just as predicted, as soon as I got back to Albania, my mother started finding billions of reasons why I'm living my life incorrectly or not up to standard. I felt really bad yesterday, I wound up having a whinefest at Ali because of it (and I totally didn't even mean to, I just wanted to say "hi" :(). Which is retarded. I spend a whole summer working a pitiable job, wasting my life away, it seemed, and yet the only time I've heard her say something positive about my accomplishments was when I got a Quality of Service score of 102% in the drive-thru. SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE SENSE HERE.

In other news, I finally fixed my inter-nets. My wireless card was being a little bitch, it decided it didn't want to connect to the wireless router, so I decided "You know, why the fuck do I need to use a wireless card on my desktop anyway?" and snagged a CAT5 cable from somewhere in my room and plugged it into the LAN. It wasn't working, though, and I was getting really pissed off until I realized "Hey wait, XP Home Edition's firewall is fucking retarded, I should check that." So I checked it. I was right, so I fixed that shit and bam, now I am using my LAN instead of that bitchy wireless card. As a result, I finally got to talk to my girlfriend.

Today is infinitely better than yesterday was.

Love,
Me!

P.S. - Hey PantsFTW person if it makes you feel any better I haven't gotten laid in like 3 weeks and it'll be at least 3 months before it happens again.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

EDIT: Ok, so this is really weird. I just pulled the curtains aside, and... what the fuck? Snow? Not just a little either, it's covering the ground, road, trees, everything, and it keeps on coming. It's only October!

Hell freezing over.

Dear Blog Thread,

I am on absolutely no sleep whatsoever. I get up for my first job at 6am, work there until 10:30am, come home, grab something to eat, shower, change, check my e-mail maybe, then at 1pm I catch the train to my second job which starts at 2pm (Note to gabblers: this is why I am in the office at nights). I am there til 10pm and if I am incredibly lucky I can catch a train almost straight away. If not I get to stare into space on the train platform for about half an hour. There are no buses that go anywhere near my house at that time of night so I have to walk the 3km or so from the train station. I get home too exhausted to stand but too wired from the exercise to go to sleep, so I lay in bed for a good hour or so before I finally black out. Then I get up at 6am the next morning and do it all again.

Also, this morning I had cereal with macadamias in it. I did not realise there were macadamias. I am allergic to macadamias. I am not one of the people who goes into anaphylactic shock if they eat something that has even come near a nut or if they touch or smell a nut but it does make me feel pretty damn ill and horrible for the whole day.

But, I am having sex on a very regular basis, so I can't complain.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I found bacon in the fridge, left over from a quiche I made last week.  So today, it's: Crispy Bacon Sarnies!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I have a choice. Either I can go to an open day at a university I don't want to go to, by walking for an hour and a half, because I have no money for the bus, or I can finish filling out the secondary application form for a university I do want to go to, but don't have all the information for. I have to decide NOW because if I go to the open day, I need to set off right now.

SHIT. I hate university already.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Number 2!

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

I had a sex dream about Watchmen.  Guess I shouldn't read graphic novels before bedtime. 

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I went and played playstation, it was a lot more sexually gratifying than her.

I hope you told her that. Girls love that kind of flattery.

ADDITION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LmalyuXmaA&feature=related
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2008, 20:03 by jhocking »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Hey, Patrick. I've been off since February.

tee hee

My friends!

I actually woke up more or less on time today! I am so proud of myself.

Liz
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2008, 07:16 by Misconception »
Liz is touching me.

Inlander

• coprophage

That post works particularly well if you read it to yourself in a John McCain voice.

In fact, I think I'm going to read all the posts written by the people with John McCain avatars in a John McCain voice from now on.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

It has to be adjusted a bit first:

Dear Blog Thread My friends,

Liz
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Edited just for you, Harry. I hope you like it.
Liz is touching me.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Economy
Tax cuts for the middle class
Barack Obama
Terrorism
My friends

These are all things McCain will say bad things about.
McCain smash!

In more blogular news, I should sleep as I've been up all night playing Atlantica. Its a freakin cool game!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Inlander

• coprophage

Liz, I approve, but I'd like to see Senator Obama's policy on sleeping in before I commit myself.

Lines

• Awakened

A New Reason I Really Like My Job:

Yesterday there was a man walking outside of the store wearing a clown nose and blowing on a kazoo. Well, not so much walking as happily bouncing along the sidewalk.

Downtown, you are so silly.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work

It has to be adjusted a bit first:

Dear Blog Thread My friends,

Liz

Dude you have to change your avatar. I'm using it on one of my other boards and I keep thinking I made your posts.

Lines

• Awakened

Too bad, he was here first. Stake your claim earlier!

(Or jump on the avatar bandwagon and use it anyways and make people confused.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 82   Go Up