THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 05:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765532 times)

Lines

• Awakened

Damn it. Uh.

WHINE I AM GETTING MY BONE ON?

Fuck.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2008, 09:03 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

WHINE ME AND MY LADY ARE GOING TO SEE JAMES BOND TONIGHT WHINE

WE REALLY ENJOY EACH OTHER'S COMPANY WHINE

WHINE WHINE WE WILL PROBABLY HAVE A GIGGLE OVER SOMETHING INANE IN A BAR AFTERWARDS WHINE

Wait, James Bond is playing already?
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'M UP TO MY NIPPLES IN PUSSY, THIS FUCKING SUCKS.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Ahahahahahahahahaahahhahahauehgfiuewhrghahahahahaha no you aren't.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I have been having sex almost every night!

'twas a long, lonely drought before this.
 - Napoleon

Lines

• Awakened

Ahahahahahahahahaahahhahahauehgfiuewhrghahahahahaha no you aren't.

Are you? If not, hurrrrr. If so, well, shit.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Blog Thread,

Michael Crichton died of cancer today.

I AM SO SAD

Liz :(
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened

Oh, also, that lady who made me hit her is now trying to scam me. I has a picshure of her car and saw her running around, so BULLSHIT.

ackblom12

I am posting this from my new place of employmen! Yay!

Corporate BJ's start next week.

Also, FUCK YEAH AMERICA.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Dear Blog Thread,

Michael Crichton died of cancer today.

I AM SO SAD

Liz :(
WHAT
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Guys I locked myself out of my bedroom earlier. I was kind of embarrassed but mostly surprised because up until today my door has never closed properly and I have just been putting a heavy object in front of it to keep it closed at night because I can't sleep with the door open. None of my roommates hesitated to tell me to kick down the door, but I'm not about that. First I made a sandwich for lunch, then I got down to business and MacGyvered that shit open with a toothpick, a shoelace, and a copy of Captain & Tennille's Love Will Keep Us Together. Actually, I just used a flathead screwdriver to pop off the bracket that the door bolt fits into. Now the door works properly after I put it back together! I feel so handy, but also kind of like a lazy jerk because it took me two months get around to fixing my door.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

WHAT

I KNOW!!! I pretty much cried when I heard.

Also, Michael- Nice work.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Thanks to that guy's work, I got to watch Jeff Goldblum get eaten off of the shitter by a giant fucking dinosaur. Anybody would be depressed.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Jeff Goldblum didn't die in Jurassic Park...it was Martin Ferrero (The lawyer) who was eaten by the T-Rex.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

When I was a kid he was one of those first writers who didn't write heavy fiction - along with Stephen King and Brian Jacques - that I really got into, and read voraciously. For a teenager, they were pretty great "present day sci-fi" books. As I got older, I realized how amusingly rough the pseudoscience was, but I still greatly enjoy the Andromeda Strain, and Sphere especially (due mostly to the context in which I read them, on road trips with my family) Slate has a remembrance of sorts.

Anyway blog thread, I am hung over.

Also, I've been having super awesome luck with school lately. I have two class sessions a week for meteorology, Tuesday and Thursday. We usually have homework due every class session. There's a Subtle show I want to see next Tuesday, and as a result I was dreading having to complete an extra helping of homework. But due to the teacher's inexperience (this is his first time teaching the class) we fell behind and everything was pushed up a week. So instead of three homework assignments, I only have to do one, which I completed next week. Another week with no school worries, huzzah! Oh, and the teacher gave everybody 5 extra points on the last test, which pushed me up into B+ territory. At this point I'm looking at another set of straight As at the end of the semester.

Odd story. Last night in my class the guy I sit next to, who I don't really know at all, asked for my number, and told me that he'd call me when he had parties and the like. I honestly have no idea where this came from. The guy isn't really a "bro" per se, he's not odious in his attitudes or habits from what I can tell (he seems to be a politically active democrat), but if we were in high school he would certainly be a "prep". So I'm confused. What if this dude calls me and invites me to some party, to meet people I likely would have nothing in common with beyond superficial things? What if they play Jet songs at such a party? What am I going to do?

Damn.

And is it just me or did the board font change?
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2008, 15:05 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

BLAG THRAG!

I hung out with a girl last night. She is super cute and I think she's into me, we're going out again tomorrow. AND TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY! There's just a couple of weird things, she is one of my friend's ex girlfriends (They dated for like 3 years), but apparently, he was a terrible boyfriend. Also she was raped a while back. And that's no good. But I will settle to having nothing but cuddles and a cute girl to laugh with and hang out with because that's better than being alone. Also, I know that it will go somewhere eventually, and that's good enough for me.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Damn it. Uh.

WHINE I AM GETTING MY BONE ON?

Fuck.

wut :?

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

And that's no good.

Slight understatement

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

The unlock button on my Zune is broken, and it is set to "lock".

That means no mp3 music for at least a week. I'll have to get an mp3 CD player to tide me over.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

So last night I was watching a D.V.D. in bed, on my laptop, as is my wont, when all of a sudden there was a little "pip!", almost a slight squeal of alarm, and my laptop turned itself off. And would not turn itself on again. And there was a strange kind of burning smell coming from it.

It wasn't any better this morning.

Anyway, I took this as the sign I needed to finally replace my laptop (it was several years old and the rental agreement on it had expired), so I went into the city to get a new laptop. One of the reasons I wanted to get a new one anyway was because my old one had a pretty feeble processor, and crapped out whenever I tried to, say, use iTunes (killer monster memory-eater in Windows), or play a game that's been released in the last two years (apart from the various Half-Life episodes, bless you Valve and your low system requirements!). So I found a nice one, not too expensive (about A$30 a week rental, some of which I can claim as a tax deduction 'cause it's a work machine as well), with a much better processor than my old one (they're putting 2.8GHz processors in laptops now?!). I was wavering between this one and another one, that was slower but had a bigger hard-drive, but I decided that I don't really need too much storage space.

Then when I took it to the counter the sales assistant said suddenly remembered that this one came with an external hard-drive for free.

Then he suddenly remembered that the store was also running a cash-back offer, which meant that they would (and did) give me $250 for purchasing the laptop.

Then he suddenly remembered that the laptop manufacturers were offering a free domestic flight, with purchase of one of their computers.

Turns out it was a good day to have to buy a new laptop.

(Now I just have to hope I can salvage the hard-drive of the old one. Oh, and I have to get used to Vista now, too, which is annoying.)

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate

The unlock button on my Zune is broken, and it is set to "lock".

That means no mp3 music for at least a week. I'll have to get an mp3 CD player to tide me over.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
You have a zune? I'm sorry.

My computer is amazing. It is a Mac, a great Mac… If it weren't for the fact that it was several years old, the screen is broken, and it always runs slow. Now, I could easily get a new computer, if I had money, but there are absolutely no jobs for a good for nothing teenager like me, especially in the widespread community of the mountain, and the lack of driver's license. And my mum always puts it off as a birthday/christmas/whatever present. I've gotten two DSes(both stolen out of my backpack. Ghettoness is so kewl, every school should be like this.), two iPods(one replaced my small little Nano, upgrading me to my current 120 gig iPod), speakers for my iPod. I've gotten broken speakers for my computer, and the computer itself was used by my mother before I was given it. Nonetheless, I do want a new one, but there is nothing I can do about it.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

i'm going to make a stupid post about these shoes i bought! because i really like them! and they were like twenty-one dollars. except my older green ones are cooler.

Anyway so where I live the weather is predictably bipolar. Once it hits November it is so cold here. It is so fucking cold. Okay yeah the high is like in the low 60's but when the temperature so abruptly lower than it was a week ago everyone is going to be taken aback. Plus I have to walk around on a stupid field for over an hour at 7 in the morning when it is like 40. Apparently I have twenty-seven school days left before finals. Oh dear god I am so fucked. Why am I killing my future.

Here is another picture link of what I did today
it's time to stop posting

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate

It is lovely to cover your keyboard with candy wrappers, but then it becomes a bit harder to type.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

it is actually really easy

they don't weigh anything

i'm doing it right now! (i wasn't planning on using this computer's keyboard since i'm operating two computers but yeah)
it's time to stop posting

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

things

Were you maybe blocking the air vents at the bottom of the laptop when you were watching it in bed? This might have caused it to overheat. Also, good job on the awesome laptop deal. Also also, where are you going to fly?
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Is it is possible to get a good deal on a current model laptop that isn't running Vista?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Anna stop showing off, I can type without looking at the keys too so NYAAAAAAAAAH

Dear blog thread,

I got my friend Will the Marine to stop being such a gigantic pussy and ask a girl to the Marine Ball. It was actually a joint effort between my mother, some other lady and I to get him to do this. We are very proud of ourselves, especially since we know he is going to have a great time at the ball now. Now he says he's going to make me ask somebody. I told him good luck.

I also learned that I could easily do a better job of restaurant service than just about anybody in this country. It is depressing. Went to a place yesterday with my mom while she was on her lunch break, and the guy took like 30 goddamn minutes to take our drink orders.

Anyway.

Love,
Me!

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Dear Tom, no. They discontinued xp and all that and you can't even buy it from the manufacturer anymore! It sucks.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Were you maybe blocking the air vents at the bottom of the laptop when you were watching it in bed?

I don't think so, the air-vents on my old laptop were on the side, plus it was plugged into one of those laptop-cooling fan thingies. I'm pretty sure it just carked it.

And I'll probably use the flight to go back and visit my family in Canberra some time. Because I'd get in trouble if I didn't.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Anna those shoes are total boners
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dearest bloggles thread,

Tonight I got home from work and my housemates were making pie!  They then served me a huge slab of mince and vegetable pie, with vegetables and mashed [potato on the side!  It was so good.  My housemates rule.

Also, I got the shiney new Cure album the other day and it is oh so good.  I am really liking it!  And yes guys, I know it is silly to like the Cure

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

Yay pie! Can I have some?
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Hannah that is the most excellent pie squid.

Jodie's last post has inspired me to finally actually buy the big pile of records I've been accumulating in my cart over at Arcade Mode. Yay electro.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Hannah, I love you, let's be lesbians together.

Sorry Ben, I'm taking over.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Oh my god.  Oh my god.

I love you Hannah.

valley_parade

• coprophage

My Microeconomics professor gave us the Macroeconomics test.. :?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

eh "micro", "macro", it's all a bunch of jabber about money.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Yeah, but we don't cover GDP or consumer price index in Micro.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

hee hee I was kidding

tania

• famed sex columnist

word of advice to future college/university students: do not, under any circumstances, take economics if it isn't a required course because you think it'll be "interesting". no, it doesn't matter how hard you try. no, you are not that one person who is going to be different from everyone else and really, truly enjoy it. this might come off as harsh but i feel like this is so important for people to know. economics fucking sucks so bad. trust me on this.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

I'm sure I killed that pie squid in WoW this morning. o.O
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

valley_parade

• coprophage

word of advice to future college/university students: do not, under any circumstances, take economics if it isn't a required course because you think it'll be "interesting". no, it doesn't matter how hard you try. no, you are not that one person who is going to be different from everyone else and really, truly enjoy it. this might come off as harsh but i feel like this is so important for people to know. economics fucking sucks so bad. trust me on this.

Economics is the second-most boring class I've ever had. Accounting is the worst. It makes me hate my choice to be a business major.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

I always wanted to take the Econ class when I was in high school, 'cause it seemed really interesting and I liked the teacher...
And to do the major I am actually enrolled in (but not actually going to complete, am just too lazy to drop at the moment), you have to take General Econ which covers a little of everything...

I fail at Econ.

I have never failed at a social studies class before (because that's what econ is, although I guess it's a math class too in a way).

Taking it was like one of the worst decisions ever and I just hope I pass it so that my Mom's hard-earned money didn't completely go to waste...

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

People sit in on micro and macro econ here to the point where, if you're actually enrolled in the class, you show up good and early so you can have a seat, because there are so many tourists there to see Larry Smith who everyone loves as a prof.
So, if you go to UWaterloo, take micro and/or macro when you can. Don't bother with anything else, though.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I hate econ, but to major in International Relations like I am, you have to take 3 econ classes. Now, general econ is boring, but my class for next semester: "How to help developing countries" sounds interesting.
 - Napoleon

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU

I'm working on an Honours Bachelor of Social Science in Economics with Specialization (the big long title means I have to take a cagillion courses). It is the greatest decision I ever made in my life. Apart from math it's the most interesting thing I've ever studied and on top of that it's damn useful. Plus economists get really good jobs and make a shit ton of money (did you know that economics is the second highest grossing undergrad degree?). Oh, and I'm minoring in math.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2008, 08:35 by Social Bacon »

tania

• famed sex columnist

economics in and of itself isn't crappy. if your degree requires you to take it then that in itself means there's a good chance you like that kind of stuff in the first place to be in that program.
now if you're in art or social science or something entirely different, and you're going "i don't know, economics seems kind of cool" - 99% of the time i just hear horror stories. i was one of them. it is so bad. just buy a book on economics. stay away from those classes forever. that was eight months of terrible disruptive anxiety i really could have done without.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

I really liked the class at first...but the second we started having to plug formulas...my brain just shut down. I am NOT a math person at all and formulas give me a headache.
Other then that, I mean the information is really interesting...but I guess I like theory being economics and how it works rather then actually figuring out the economy.

tania

• famed sex columnist

it's the fact that, while economics in general might be interesting and all, the courses involve
a) being tested
b) all the time
c) on a fucking impossible amount of information

both finals all i remember is not sleeping for over 24 hours and visibly trembling in the examination room from all the caffiene and cigarettes and from having studied so long and hard. luckily the exam was multiple choice and i didn't have to write anything because i was physically incapable of doing so. oh well! i got an okay mark in the end and it's all over now but now i kind of feel like i have an obligation to keep people away from that whenever i can.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 82   Go Up