THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 13:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765642 times)

tuna ketchup x

My cat's dying. She doesn't look to be in any pain, but she won't get out of bed except to eat, and her eyes look very listless. The tumor on her underside is oozing and there is matted blood in her fur. I've known this was coming for awhile, but it still hurts.

Emaline: $300 seems very reasonable for an entire drum kit, and $50/month seems cheap when it comes to music lessons, depending on how often you have them. My mom used to pay $10/week for my piano lessons. Plus you will definitely get invited to join many bands, at least around here, drummers are scarce.

I'm going to get my new guitar this weekend, but I can't say I'm all that excited about it, considering.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

That's awful :-( I hated it when my cat died even though I knew it was the best thing for him to die peacefully rather than prolong his pain.

Today I am rich! Tomorrow I will not be, but today I am. If I can get hold of Oli (goddamn Gabbly is all kinds of broken) then I will pay lots of moneys for plane tickets! Guys what if the airline goes bust what if I get sick what if I am throwing away three months' wages on a trip I cannot make what if I am just worrying too much?

Nothing much else happened today, except that my mum and her partner have gone to London. It was meant to be this weekend that The Girl was staying over, but I am not going to dwell on that because it is not cheerful and I am currently fairly cheerful. Actually it's a good thing she isn't here, I'm extremely tired and rather antisocial today.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

Blog blog blog (kinduv in response to Anna),

I used to love dancing.  Simple enough, you feel the music, and move your body accordingly.  Then someone wrote in my yearbook that they'd "never seen a more... uh... unique dancer".  And someone else said she liked dancing with me that one time because I obviously didn't care how goofy I looked; I was having fun and that was the whole point. Actually, I had no idea that I looked goofy, although in retrospect, yeah, I probably did.

So now I don't dance in public because, sadly, I do care if I look goofy doing it.  I know I shouldn't give a shit what other people think, but I do.

I guess that's kinduva bummer, isn't it?  Sorry.  If it's any consolation, I still dance my ass off when no one's home and I can crank up my tunes.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

valley_parade

• coprophage

duck hunt which is a bit hard when you're not entirely sober to begin with and then continue drinking while you play. i so kicked his ass though.  and don't ask me why there was a nintendo there in the first place. 

1. point gun at something brown
2. blam blam blam
3. profit
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

A thirst
The blue machine glows brightly
A dollar
The blue machine angrily demands more
Despair
A silver coin brightly shines in the return
Elation
I like sodas.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Dear blog thread, guess what isn't as fun as some people on my floor thinks? Being without a ceiling light the entire weekend! My ceiling light apparently kills light bulbs, and I cannot afford to buy a new one when the janitor will replace it on Monday or Tuesday for free, but it gets dark outside really early and my dorm room is pitch black, because my Mac is my only source of light.

And hanging out in the kitchen to get some work done is awkward as hell with my neighbour and his girlfriend lounging on the couch being all..cuddly and giggly. He has a room 5 meters away, goddamnit.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I'm extremely bored but I also can't motivate myself to do anything useful or go to bed. What I want to do is talk to someone (not in an in-depth way, just chat) but I'm alone for the weekend and no one is online, and Gabbly is broken. It's way too late to ring. What do I do?

Hmm. I think I'm a fairly dependant person. Not in a stalkerish way, but in a lonesome way. I hate to be alone, and I often am. Well, except the cats of course! But they cannot speak.

That was a fairly serious post for me. I am not as miserable as it sounds!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

dudes,

i just got a free sandwich from a cute girl with a big rack and a lisp, my mind is being blown by physics, and it's FRIDAY!

Let the good times roll.  (also; i'm listening to The Cars, they're just what i needed)
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

The Cars' first album is great stuff.  I love how the last three songs kinda flow together, and the slow fade at the end leaves you with the feeling that, theoretically, it goes on indefinitely.  For all we know, they're still playing it.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce

Dear blog thread,

There's a bouncy castle in my backyard. It is Saturday.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

This week I have:

Earned more money in one go than ever before.
Held more money that belongs to me than ever before.
Spent more money in one go than ever before.

I just booked my flight tickets and my online bank account now looks like this:

Balance £636.55
Available balance £76.25

Hehe.

I'm going to America.
But right now, I'm going to bed.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Dear blog thread,

There's a bouncy castle in my backyard. It is Saturday.

There are so many people on this board that I need to be friends with straightaway.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building

I think that when I turn 18 I will see if I can get my curfew eliminated. midnight is now past inconvenient; it is basically unreasonable. how much trouble can I get into, anyways?
radical dame

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Guys, I'm pregnant and on meth. Also I think I just accidentally sold my best friend to the mafia.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2008, 20:36 by Ozymandias »
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

It's dated for three months in the future, so it cannot be a lie.

But what thread?

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

So I just got back from seeing Max Brooks talk to a bunch of people about zombies. It was so rad.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I have to write a 20 page paper on the benefits and disadvantages of globalization.

I have to write a 15 page paper on the Armenian pogroms committed by the Armenians, and how the Turks refusal to come to grips with it constitutes an example of "collective national forgetting." Further, the teacher who I'm writing this paper for is an expert on Turkey (in fact, she teaches in Turkey every summer), so I cannot get even one minute, tiny detail wrong. Meaning I'm' going to have to do a whole shit ton of research.

I have an exam in my History of Colonialism class and I've been slacking on the reading. When we were learning about Algeria and then the Congo, it was fascinating. Then we went on to Zimbabwe, and while it was interesting at first, it was just about land redistribution, so I didn't read the book and I now have no idea what half of the terms on this study sheet are.

All of this is due by Tuesday.

I DO NOT LIKE.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Like where do you go to dance in this town? Phil's on a Thursday, Starlight on a friday/saturday? There aren't that many places to go!
Really I only ever hit the places within walking distance of my house. Or Phil's on a Thursday.
Nothing in the plaza by UW is really that great for dancing? Kickoffs has good beers, molly's is OK, but that's it.

I was just at Starlight then Jane Bond dressed ridiculously. There were people at the Starlight in blazers and I was like 'fuck you blazers over t-shirts and jeans is so a fucking year ago I will destroy your fashion' so I left, changed into blue pants that taper out at the bottom, a bright yellow buttoned shirt with a dark blue pint-stripe women's blazer and a beautiful blue tie with optional black cadet hat and/or aviator glasses accessories to make me look like a hipster and not just gay. I just rocked shit. And felt pretentious as fuck.
People commended me and the bartender at the bond took a double take.
I was amused, fuck your hipsters.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page

Blog blog blog (kinduv in response to Anna),

I used to love dancing.  Simple enough, you feel the music, and move your body accordingly.  Then someone wrote in my yearbook that they'd "never seen a more... uh... unique dancer".  And someone else said she liked dancing with me that one time because I obviously didn't care how goofy I looked; I was having fun and that was the whole point. Actually, I had no idea that I looked goofy, although in retrospect, yeah, I probably did.

So now I don't dance in public because, sadly, I do care if I look goofy doing it.  I know I shouldn't give a shit what other people think, but I do.

I guess that's kinduva bummer, isn't it?  Sorry.  If it's any consolation, I still dance my ass off when no one's home and I can crank up my tunes.

I'm sort of in the middle here. I love dancing, it lets me forget myself and my woes and just cut loose for a bit. This usually ends up with people either staring when I finish dancing, telling my friends that I 'have lots of energy' or something equally bizarre or, in one occassion, being applauded as I left the floor. I think I look like an utter ass, and having people point out that they've noticed me, or knowing I'm being watched, doesn't really help with the whole unwinding thing, but damn if I'd stop just because I might look like an idiot.

There's a video of me dancing somewhere but there's no way I'm putting it on the YouTubes for reference.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston

Hey Blog Thread,

I went to a Yes concert last night. It was pretty goddamn fantastic, Steve Howe is still beastly with his guitar. I really hope that I'm successful and talented enough to still be playing at that age.

Also, @the $300 drumkit/lessons guy, that's definitely a good deal, although the quality of a set you're gonna be picking up for under $300 is questionable. Probably a good place to start though. If you can afford it, I'd make that deal.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Lines

• Awakened

Guys it is Saturday and I am at work and there is nothing for me to do. I did my whole to-do-list for today in the first hour and now I have nothing to do except to help the few and far between customer(s) and stand around staring out the window. At least I brought some knitting, but I'm afraid I'll get as far as I can go before lunch.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage

Do what I do to kill time: browse instrument sites and go "ooooh" over stuff you'll never be able to afford.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened

Technically I'm not allowed on the internet anymore, so I can't stay on for too long. WAH.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Sadly, I've actually moved on to guitar finishing supplies and going "ooh".

What do I have that could be refinished in Dakota Red? My dresser, maybe? But it'd clash with my three blue walls and the one brown one.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

I'm really late to the whole politicians-as-avatars meme but I really do not care. I've bookmarked the one I've used for years and don't even know where it was from so it will be back later.

(the politician is Brendon Grylls, the leader of the Western Australian Nationals. I like him, I think he will go far. Or he would go far if he wasn't part of the Nationals.)

One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Lines

• Awakened

He looks like Screech, but like he gained some weight and cut his hair.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

I think this picture makes his face looks thinner than it is? There was a really good picture a while ago just after the state elections; the dude looks good.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I GOT PAID!!!!!!!!

Finally. It is this pay periods paycheck, but nonetheless. It is better than being absolutely poor. I finally called the owner of my work yesterday and told him about not getting paid. Apparently, no one told him. He got everything done properly, and said the check should be here Monday.

Knowing that, I went and put $100 down on a drum set! I am sooo excited! It's pretty and red, and awesome. I am pretty pumped. And I don't feel bad doing this because god damn it, it is what I want for Christmas, and no one else is going to buy it for me, so I may as well buy it myself.

And this has apparently pissed of my father, so he bitched me out for not wanting to go to the community college he works at. He said it has really been bothering him. Why? It is not like he has ever been much involved with my life in the first place. Its not like I expect him to at all pay for my college education. He didn't even attempt to last time, so why do it this time around?

And when I didn't give him the expected response to that, he told me I needed to clean my room so he could move my little sister in there with me. hahah Uh what? Thats a great plan. We fight all the time. That really doesn't motivate me to clean my room. *

Also, McTaggart, he does look like Screech.

*Admittedly, that is very selfish of me, and whiny, and childish, but wtf? Just because I spent my money how I want does not mean that you can be a dick.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lines

• Awakened

Yay for getting paid and getting your missing check sorted out.

Ok. Today has been an extremely boring day as rarely anyone shops in the store on Saturdays (because most of Downtown is dead on the weekends), so I left so I could have a cigarette break (yes, I started again) and grab a hot chocolate. (No one around here serves tea, bah.) So I walk to the square and I stop outside of the shop I wanted to go into to use the ash tray and some middle aged black man in a suit walks up and says hello. He's smoking, too, so I figured he wanted the ash tray and was just making conversation, so I say hello back. Then he asks if he can talk to me. I get confused and don't know what he wants, so I say, "Uh, sure, what do you want to talk about?" He says he just wants to get to know me. I didn't know what to do, but just put out my cig, say no thanks, and walk into the shop. I feel all kinds of weirded out now. I don't really know what to do when a stranger comes up and wants to "know" me.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

That is creepy. I probably would have just said I was on my smoke break so I couldn't really talk long, and walked away.

Actually, re-reading it, it's not that creepy. I mean, it sounds like he was nicely dressed(read as: "not a bum"), so maybe he did just want to talk. Or sell you something. Like religion. Was he Mormon maybe? We have a lot of those walking around here always looking to talk.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

He was just a nice guy, trying to meet people. YOU DESTROYED HIS DREAMS.
Also, if he was Mormon, he wouldn't be smoking.

In blog news,

I'm having a damn good day today. I might buy a laptop if I can find any after I get off work.

My nana is doing TONS better. It was like it took her getting into the hospital to realize that she was just wasting her life. She even told me something along the lines of "How did I spend the last two years in my house just smoking and killing myself?"

She's talking about going outside, doing Tai Chi, all kinds of stuff.

I think that was the best birthday present I could have had.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Happy birthday, maybe?

Lines

• Awakened

I am generally afraid of most people I don't know. I just thought it was an odd way to make small talk and I don't really talk much anyways.

In other words, nice people - don't talk to me. It freaks me out.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Linds, I am the same way. It is pretty terrible. I could think somebody is really cute, but if they even so much as glance my way, I get nervous. If they talk to me, I have a tendency to run away. I am too antisocial for my own good.

Pants, that is awesome! Seriously. I hope she does actually start getting out and way not. Sitting at home smoking all the time is no good. Trust me. I know.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2008, 11:22 by Emaline »

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Ah, even though I technically know I'm not alone in the whole too antisocial for my own good-thing, it always feels a little bit better every time it gets confirmed.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Aw Jace, that is great news! Hopefully she'll live till she's 120 years old. Oh and I know it's a bit late, but happy birthday (I saw it on facebook and completely forgot to congratulate you. I'm so sorry)!

Blog thread,

Yesterday I was at my grandma and grandpa's place together with my mom, my aunts and my uncle. The reason for this was that my grandparents cleaned out their old cabin (because they are selling it), so there was a lot of old stuff they needed to get rid of. It was like a yard sale, only free! I grabbed with me lots of kitchen stuff, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of most of it. I am now the proud owner of my great grandmothers favorite teapot and a high school cookbook from 1962, amongst many other things.

Love,
Kris
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

Yesterday was a very stressful day. 
My boyfriend had an endoscopy yesterday and found how he has gastroparesis caused by his Type 1 diabetes. I feel really bad because my boyfriend takes excellent care of himself and I know he gets really upset when he has complications due to his diabetes. Luckily, he says he's just relieved that he knows what's the cause of his stomach pains and he knows it's not really his fault. He has to drastically change his diet and eat low fat foods and this could be tricky because just about everything he eats right now is high fat and he'll probably have to stay on the diet for a very long time. He's already close to be underweight, so hopefully he'll be able to maintain his weight even if his diet isn't so high in fat.
I have no clue how strict his diet is going to be, but it's kind of nerve wrecking because he's only 18 and gastroparesis can get very serious to the point that the person has to have a liquid diet or a feeding tube.

To end on a happy note, I have a job at Starbucks! I started training yesterday and it was kind of confusing because I received training for the grocery store's deli instead of Starbucks (the Starbucks is located inside the grocery store). I know I had to because I was working with food, but there was no mention of Starbucks at all, except when I had to sign a paper saying I was capable of preforming all the duties a Starbucks clerk had to do. But still, I have a job!
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2008, 11:42 by Eli »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I have a friend who eats through a feeding tube. Only at night though. He has cystic fibrosis, and was having trouble gaining weight. Anyway, he is a way awesome dude, and is a nerdcore rapper from Nebraska. He once wrote a song about me.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Weee I am pretty unhappy today because last night my brother and sister, who are possibly my favorite people in the whole world, came home unexpectedly. Like, seriously, nobody told me. And they and my parents have gone off to the beach to go look for houses or something. I don't know. The point is I cannot join them because I have a stupid band competition later today, and that has been scheduled to suck for weeks now, and I am really unhappy about this. Also someone took the last few Kit Kats I set aside for myself, that made me fuckin' angry also.
it's time to stop posting

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I got an offer from Newcastle Uni today :-) Three As, which is what I'll need for any of them except possibly Huddersfield. It isn't my first, second or even third choice but it's good to know that I have somewhere to go if I don't hear from the others. Also it's made me think that I probably will hear from the others. I was worried because Newcastle is one of the ones who hadn't acknowledged my application.

Also today, I walked into work. This wasn't actually planned; I was going to catch the bus but it never came. Luckily there was time to walk so I wasn't late, but I had the biggest blisters on my heels (which I've since cut open and drained, as I have to do the same walk to and from work tomorrow). I was pretty angry with the bus company for scheduling a bus that never came. It is five miles from my house to where I work and I felt every single step.

I've achieved quite a lot today, although none of it was college work. But I've done a huge amount of work on the NaNoWriMo support group I run, which is really important to keep on top of. We have 131 members now and there is an enormous amount of administration to do from about September til the end of December. It's getting to a point where I don't think I can cope on my own if it gets any bigger; I need to streamline and delegate and make things generally run themselves more because it's just taken off. In 2006 when I set it up on Writing.com, there were no other NaNoWriMo related groups or forums. Now there are dozens and the owners of the site have brought out official NaNoWriMo merit badges and set up an official forum for people taking part. And I am fairly certain that this is due at least in part to my group and the way it has exploded in size. We ended 2006 with 25 members; now we have 131. That's a steep rise!

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce

Dear blog thread,

Why are kids such dicks?

Today I found out that my five year old neice asked my dad last night if her eyes were alright and if her lips were too red (She's half Filipino going to a school where a vast majority of the kids are white). Dad asked her if kids at school had been saying things to her, she said yes.

RAHH STUPID LITTLE SHITS

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

So I decided to delete all the music off my MP3 player and re-put it on because my brother just gave me a whole tonne more and organised all my music to make some form of sense.  SO last night at about 11 I had cleared off my MP3 player and set about loading my approx 30gig of music on there.

It is now 10:30am the next day and it is not even a quarter of the way through.  What the hell doods, I don't remember it taking this long before!  HURRY UP TECHNOLOGY
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

When my step-son was five (in 1971), he went to the local school, that happened to be a Church-of-England school in southern England.  One day he came home crying, and said: "We were playing Catholics and Protestants, and they made me be a Catholic!"

STUPID NORTHERN IRELAND!

And Jodie, on some computers (less these days, but you never know), not all the USB ports are the same speed - perhaps you made an unfortunate choice of port?  On USB2, my player takes about 8 hours to do 60GB.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

I am pretty sure mine are all the same?  Man but really, what the hell would I know?

I totally think my computer is powered by a tiny hamster in a running wheel.

Thats what the whirring noise is guys.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

Why are kids such dicks?

to be fair, kids that young haven't fully developed the cognitive capabilities needed to make moral judgments and understand that comments like that are inappropriate. they focus more on concrete physical characteristics of people and apparently will still tend to notice and comment when some kids visibly look different from others, regardless of whether or not their parents or teachers are even racist at all. the best thing that can be done in this situation is to maybe talk to teachers at that school and make sure they make it clear to kids that comments like that are not okay and hope their their parents do the same, so the problem doesn't escalate from noticing physical differences to full-blown discrimination as they get older.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

When my step-son was five (in 1971), he went to the local school, that happened to be a Church-of-England school in southern England.  One day he came home crying, and said: "We were playing Catholics and Protestants, and they made me be a Catholic!"

That made me laugh. So much.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I just had such a day of clothes shopping that I think I grew a vagina.

Sexy fashion thread phtoos coming later tonight.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Man I hope you do not have a vagina. That would be awkward. But hooray fashion photos!
Liz is touching me.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Really Liz?  I kind of hope he does, because that would be hilarious.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

No because then I would not be able to hit on him anymore. No fun!
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 82   Go Up